Skip to content

Currently our 2025 first round pick is....

The Browns Board
684 34 21.1k 1
  • @syd said:

    I haven't looked at draft prospect's. But i would take a LT with our pick.

    I'm sure the Browns are probably done with the Jed Wills Era at LT too...

    If the Haslams are eyeballing 2029 as the season they start playing in the Mattress Factory of Sadness Dome, I could see them blowing up this team this offseason, and starting another fun and exciting rebuilding phase... The Process Part Deux, I shall call it. (T-shirts pending)

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @dutch-oven said:

     I could see them blowing up this team this offseason, and starting another fun and exciting rebuilding phase... The Process Part Deux, I shall call it. (T-shirts pending)

    ...depressing.

  • @dutch-oven said:

     I could see them blowing up this team this offseason, and starting another fun and exciting rebuilding phase... The Process Part Deux, I shall call it. (T-shirts pending)

    ...depressing.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @orion said:

    ...depressing.

    It is what it is...

    Lost in all the "The Watson Deal Has Destroyed the Browns" is the fact that even if he was playing at his Houston Texans level, the team around him is old. Second oldest roster in the NFL. The Browns saw their window, and shot their shot.

    It was blocked into the upper deck, but they shot their shot. ?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    For sure- I'd take a wager that the Sanders' would pull a Eli Manning if Cleveland tried to draft him. The sad part is I can't say I fully blame them.

    The distractions and media circus need to be avoided as much as possible.  Weeden created one, Manziel created one, Watson created a huge one. 

     That's the downside with Sanders.  His immaturity, the best example calling out his OL and RBs to the media, is shit you don't do.  Then you bring along with that in Deion, who will create a media firestorm the first time his son throws an INT.  

     Then the speculation will be that Sanders can take over as coach, etc etc etc.  It's a Cleveland level clown show that I can see happening, so best avoided. 

     Again, not to knock Sanders as a football talent.  Legit mind, arm and eyes.  The baggage is a no-go from me. 

    Ewers is my next on the list of options (so far) 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tiamat63 said:

    The distractions and media circus need to be avoided as much as possible.  Weeden created one, Manziel created one, Watson created a huge one. 

     That's the downside with Sanders.  His immaturity, the best example calling out his OL and RBs to the media, is shit you don't do.  Then you bring along with that in Deion, who will create a media firestorm the first time his son throws an INT.  

     Then the speculation will be that Sanders can take over as coach, etc etc etc.  It's a Cleveland level clown show that I can see happening, so best avoided. 

     Again, not to knock Sanders as a football talent.  Legit mind, arm and eyes.  The baggage is a no-go from me. 

    Ewers is my next on the list of options (so far) 

    Not to give you any homework or anything; but tonight you get Beck and Ewers in 1 telecast.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The distractions and media circus need to be avoided as much as possible.  Weeden created one, Manziel created one, Watson created a huge one. 

     That's the downside with Sanders.  His immaturity, the best example calling out his OL and RBs to the media, is shit you don't do.  Then you bring along with that in Deion, who will create a media firestorm the first time his son throws an INT.  

     Then the speculation will be that Sanders can take over as coach, etc etc etc.  It's a Cleveland level clown show that I can see happening, so best avoided. 

     Again, not to knock Sanders as a football talent.  Legit mind, arm and eyes.  The baggage is a no-go from me. 

    Ewers is my next on the list of options (so far) 

    Not to give you any homework or anything; but tonight you get Beck and Ewers in 1 telecast.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @flugel said:

    Not to give you any homework or anything; but tonight you get Beck and Ewers in 1 telecast.  

    I'm at a wedding and there's NO TV at the bar!!!

  • @flugel said:

    Not to give you any homework or anything; but tonight you get Beck and Ewers in 1 telecast.  

    I'm at a wedding and there's NO TV at the bar!!!

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm at a wedding and there's NO TV at the bar!!!

    They’ll be divorced within 3 years…

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm at a wedding and there's NO TV at the bar!!!

    They’ll be divorced within 3 years…

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @ibleedbrown said:

    They’ll be divorced within 3 years…

    They have decent wifi, I've got YouTube TV.  They also have a poker table.  

    Life.... Finds a way. 

  • @flugel said:

    Not to give you any homework or anything; but tonight you get Beck and Ewers in 1 telecast.  

    I'm at a wedding and there's NO TV at the bar!!!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm at a wedding and there's NO TV at the bar!!!

    Ok - to steal a couple sentences from a great movie:  "My advice to you?  Drink Heavy!"

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm at a wedding and there's NO TV at the bar!!!

    They’ll be divorced within 3 years…

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @ibleedbrown said:

    They’ll be divorced within 3 years…

    IBB, I just lost a mouth full of REAL cold (German) Georg Rittmayer Kellerbier so I don't know whether to ? or ?.  But that was pretty freakin funny man...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

  • Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
    #49

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

    Not impressed with him or Milroe.  I like Beck but he needs some work still.  Ward seems to come through when the game really needs him to.  I like his composure.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    They’ll be divorced within 3 years…

    They have decent wifi, I've got YouTube TV.  They also have a poker table.  

    Life.... Finds a way. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tiamat63 said:

    They have decent wifi, I've got YouTube TV.  They also have a poker table.  

    Life.... Finds a way. 

    They’re trying too hard. My statement stands. In 3 years let us know the det’s. 

  • Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

    Manning looked like crap also vs their D

  • Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

    It can’t be easy. There’s cirrus, and cumulonimbus, and other clouds. Sometimes clouds look like unicorns. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Ewers off.  Kid can't read cloud on a straight drop. 

    It can’t be easy. There’s cirrus, and cumulonimbus, and other clouds. Sometimes clouds look like unicorns. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @ibleedbrown said:

    It can’t be easy. There’s cirrus, and cumulonimbus, and other clouds. Sometimes clouds look like unicorns. 

    "So many things I would've have done, but clouds got in my way"-Joni Mitchell

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    It can’t be easy. There’s cirrus, and cumulonimbus, and other clouds. Sometimes clouds look like unicorns. 

    "So many things I would've have done, but clouds got in my way"-Joni Mitchell

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @texasag1969 said:

    "So many things I would've have done, but clouds got in my way"-Joni Mitchell

    I hate to digress... But Joni Mitchell... Is one of the great writers of our time... Her impeccable ear for procuring top notch musicians for her songs, Records and her bands speaks volumes for her own great musicality.... Her genius is simplistically beautiful.. She's held court with the finest Jaco Pastorius,Pat Metheny... Michael Landau... And a gazillion other songwriters and musicians... And even yet at this stage in life... Her genius still knows no bounds...

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    It can’t be easy. There’s cirrus, and cumulonimbus, and other clouds. Sometimes clouds look like unicorns. 

    "So many things I would've have done, but clouds got in my way"-Joni Mitchell

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @texasag1969 said:

    -Joni Mitchell

    Absolutely love her stuff.  Turbulent Indigo is my favorite....even though Blue gets all of the raves from the critics.

    SOOoo.  The Rams & Jaguars have been ousted from the 1 win club.  There's just 4 of us now.  

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #56

    I predict that Detroit could help us out this week.  At 5-1 with the 1-6 Titans coming up...I smell a let down week for the Lions.  

  • @jrb12711 said:

    It honestly does, as much as it sucks to say. Probably more likely to trade Zadarius Smith (in general), but to be honest I think it's time to start taking calls on all members of this roster.

    And Berry cannot stay around for the rebuild.

    And I'm not saying he should be fired for poor drafts, or the Watson deal blowing up in his face either, even if both reasons are incredibly valid. Berry cannot remain GM of this team because this team needs a complete rebuild. It is the second oldest team in the NFL.

    If he somehow survives this season, he knows his seat is scalding hot. So is he going to make the moves that in the long-term would be best for the Browns? No. He's going to make the moves that improve the team the quickest. 

    And that's what Butch Davis did when he felt he had to do something bold NOW to save his job with the Browns, and drafted Kellen Winslow II over Ben Roethlisberger. 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @dutch-oven said:

    And Berry cannot stay around for the rebuild.

    And I'm not saying he should be fired for poor drafts, or the Watson deal blowing up in his face either, even if both reasons are incredibly valid. Berry cannot remain GM of this team because this team needs a complete rebuild. It is the second oldest team in the NFL.

    If he somehow survives this season, he knows his seat is scalding hot. So is he going to make the moves that in the long-term would be best for the Browns? No. He's going to make the moves that improve the team the quickest. 

    And that's what Butch Davis did when he felt he had to do something bold NOW to save his job with the Browns, and drafted Kellen Winslow II over Ben Roethlisberger. 

    We live in a results now society.  Who in here wants a slow turn around?

    It all boils down to one thing. The Watson situation was a BIG swing and miss.  The bad thing is nobody saw this.  This wasn't a part of the discussion when the deal was first put together.   There were people who didn't like it because of the off field stuff but nobody saw this.

    We weren't the only team seeking Watsons services. There were many, and all are breathing a sigh of relief today.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And Berry cannot stay around for the rebuild.

    And I'm not saying he should be fired for poor drafts, or the Watson deal blowing up in his face either, even if both reasons are incredibly valid. Berry cannot remain GM of this team because this team needs a complete rebuild. It is the second oldest team in the NFL.

    If he somehow survives this season, he knows his seat is scalding hot. So is he going to make the moves that in the long-term would be best for the Browns? No. He's going to make the moves that improve the team the quickest. 

    And that's what Butch Davis did when he felt he had to do something bold NOW to save his job with the Browns, and drafted Kellen Winslow II over Ben Roethlisberger. 

    We live in a results now society.  Who in here wants a slow turn around?

    It all boils down to one thing. The Watson situation was a BIG swing and miss.  The bad thing is nobody saw this.  This wasn't a part of the discussion when the deal was first put together.   There were people who didn't like it because of the off field stuff but nobody saw this.

    We weren't the only team seeking Watsons services. There were many, and all are breathing a sigh of relief today.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @ballpeen said:

    nobody saw this.

    We weren't the only team seeking Watsons services

    What was seen was the Rams trading away Goff to get Stafford and win the super bowl.  And the rest of the pieces were in place for us to win a SB.  And there were no QB's in the upcoming draft. [ fight the urge to mention Mayfield ]   And as we recall, Watson was originally given a 6 game suspension by the NEWLY APPOINTED 'smart person' who was to handle suspensions going forward.  But of course, since it's the Browns, Roger GoToHell had to step in and whack us harder.  -  And we know the rest.  Three years of a suspension or a season ending injury.

    At this point in time we do not know what Haslem and his henchmen will do. 

    Are they committed to Watson and will await his rehab?  After all, is OLine was a shambles...they couldn't pass protect or block for the RB's.  Even so Watson's number improved each and every game until he got hurt (including the game he got hurt).  And through that mess he threw only 3 INT's.  And that counts a pass that hit Cooper in the chest and THEN was intercepted. 

    Have they seen enough of Watson to decide that he's not as proficient a QB as they thought he was?  Coupled with the fact that he can't stay on the field...that he can no longer be considered the future QB of this team?

    With the play calling being given to Ken Dorsey, is Haslem planning on succumbing to his trigger finger and making everything new and improved again?  New QB, HC, GM, etc.?

    It's hard to know which timeline we'll be on come January...

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Well we sure screwed up our picking spot good.???