Skip to content

Do you trade Garrett?

The Browns Board
82 26 2.7k 1
  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Not sure this deserves its own thread, but one of my Bengals buddies asked about Denzel Ward. Waddya think guys? What’ll it take?

    2nd and a 4th. 
     

    Or how about a 2026 1st and a fourth 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @sdbacker80 said:

    2nd and a 4th. 
     

    Or how about a 2026 1st and a fourth 

    I'd consider a 2nd and 4th...

    I'd probably jump at a 1st and 4th. 

    His injury history just screams "take this very nice offer and run". 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    2nd and a 4th. 
     

    Or how about a 2026 1st and a fourth 

    I'd consider a 2nd and 4th...

    I'd probably jump at a 1st and 4th. 

    His injury history just screams "take this very nice offer and run". 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'd consider a 2nd and 4th...

    I'd probably jump at a 1st and 4th. 

    His injury history just screams "take this very nice offer and run". 

    For Denzel Ward?!? I spit in your direction.

    His injury history really isn’t that bad. And he’s among the stickiest CBs in the league. I say worth a 1 and 2.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'd consider a 2nd and 4th...

    I'd probably jump at a 1st and 4th. 

    His injury history just screams "take this very nice offer and run". 

    For Denzel Ward?!? I spit in your direction.

    His injury history really isn’t that bad. And he’s among the stickiest CBs in the league. I say worth a 1 and 2.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @ibleedbrown said:

    For Denzel Ward?!? I spit in your direction.

    His injury history really isn’t that bad. And he’s among the stickiest CBs in the league. I say worth a 1 and 2.

    He's never missed a huge part of a season, but is good for missing 2-4 games every season.

    It's crazy, he's in his seventh season already, but he's only 27 years old. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    For Denzel Ward?!? I spit in your direction.

    His injury history really isn’t that bad. And he’s among the stickiest CBs in the league. I say worth a 1 and 2.

    He's never missed a huge part of a season, but is good for missing 2-4 games every season.

    It's crazy, he's in his seventh season already, but he's only 27 years old. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @dutch-oven said:

    He's never missed a huge part of a season, but is good for missing 2-4 games every season.

    It's crazy, he's in his seventh season already, but he's only 27 years old. 

    Health is always the wild card in a game where guys try to level other guys.

    I changed my mind. I want 2 first rounders and a 3rd for Denzel Ward.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He's never missed a huge part of a season, but is good for missing 2-4 games every season.

    It's crazy, he's in his seventh season already, but he's only 27 years old. 

    Health is always the wild card in a game where guys try to level other guys.

    I changed my mind. I want 2 first rounders and a 3rd for Denzel Ward.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Health is always the wild card in a game where guys try to level other guys.

    I changed my mind. I want 2 first rounders and a 3rd for Denzel Ward.

    Well I guess ol' Denzel will be retiring as a Brown then. ?

  • M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Given the way the front office does trades and signings, I expect a 7th round pick (conditional) for Ward and a 4th for Garret

  • Given the way the front office does trades and signings, I expect a 7th round pick (conditional) for Ward and a 4th for Garret

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    Given the way the front office does trades and signings, I expect a 7th round pick (conditional) for Ward and a 4th for Garret

    Give examples that back this thinking. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He's never missed a huge part of a season, but is good for missing 2-4 games every season.

    It's crazy, he's in his seventh season already, but he's only 27 years old. 

    Health is always the wild card in a game where guys try to level other guys.

    I changed my mind. I want 2 first rounders and a 3rd for Denzel Ward.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #68

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Health is always the wild card in a game where guys try to level other guys.

    I changed my mind. I want 2 first rounders and a 3rd for Denzel Ward.

    He’s got basically three years left on his deal after this season and a long history of concussions and #5 as far as corners go when it comes to money.  2 and 4 I can’t imagine it getting any richer for us than that.  If someone thinks he’s a missing piece a 2026 first rounder that allows a team to compete this year and build next year too and it gives us an extra lottery pick to find a QB in 2026. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Health is always the wild card in a game where guys try to level other guys.

    I changed my mind. I want 2 first rounders and a 3rd for Denzel Ward.

    He’s got basically three years left on his deal after this season and a long history of concussions and #5 as far as corners go when it comes to money.  2 and 4 I can’t imagine it getting any richer for us than that.  If someone thinks he’s a missing piece a 2026 first rounder that allows a team to compete this year and build next year too and it gives us an extra lottery pick to find a QB in 2026. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @sdbacker80 said:

    He’s got basically three years left on his deal after this season and a long history of concussions and #5 as far as corners go when it comes to money.  2 and 4 I can’t imagine it getting any richer for us than that.  If someone thinks he’s a missing piece a 2026 first rounder that allows a team to compete this year and build next year too and it gives us an extra lottery pick to find a QB in 2026. 

    Right, lockdown corner on a fixed 3 year deal. That’s super easy to trade if the price is right. 

  • @marvin-the-martian said:

    Given the way the front office does trades and signings, I expect a 7th round pick (conditional) for Ward and a 4th for Garret

    Give examples that back this thinking. 

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @dutch-oven said:

    Give examples that back this thinking. 

    It is the equivalent of $230 million and 3 first round picks for Watson

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Give examples that back this thinking. 

    It is the equivalent of $230 million and 3 first round picks for Watson

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    It is the equivalent of $230 million and 3 first round picks for Watson

    But that isn't what I was asking.

    I wanted examples of the Browns giving away quality players for pennies on the dollar.

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #72

    Just to add some more context to our recent Cooper trade - DeAndre Hopkins was traded for a 5th which could turn into a 4th.

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #73

    It is highly unlikely any blockbuster trades like we're discussing here happens.  If a team is trading for a big name with a big price then it's likely they are a current contender.  Which means if they see to improve immediately - hence your #1 pick will start going lower in value. 

    You just don't typically see these types of trades in season.  

  • It is highly unlikely any blockbuster trades like we're discussing here happens.  If a team is trading for a big name with a big price then it's likely they are a current contender.  Which means if they see to improve immediately - hence your #1 pick will start going lower in value. 

    You just don't typically see these types of trades in season.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @usfbrown said:

    It is highly unlikely any blockbuster trades like we're discussing here happens.  If a team is trading for a big name with a big price then it's likely they are a current contender.  Which means if they see to improve immediately - hence your #1 pick will start going lower in value. 

    You just don't typically see these types of trades in season.  

    That is true… the talk of Myles being traded spiked out of nowhere when the Lions lost their star DE and the Browns lost Watson. A perfect storm of “Well, both teams might do something wild”. The NFC is just begging for the Lions to claim, and the Browns are just begging for a massive rebuild 

  • Given the way the front office does trades and signings, I expect a 7th round pick (conditional) for Ward and a 4th for Garret

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    Given the way the front office does trades and signings, I expect a 7th round pick (conditional) for Ward and a 4th for Garret

    Besides drafting Corey Coleman and getting pennies on the dollar for him.  And Josh Gordon for a ham sandwich (he of course had notable issues).  I think our FO has been very savvy with trades 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    He’s got basically three years left on his deal after this season and a long history of concussions and #5 as far as corners go when it comes to money.  2 and 4 I can’t imagine it getting any richer for us than that.  If someone thinks he’s a missing piece a 2026 first rounder that allows a team to compete this year and build next year too and it gives us an extra lottery pick to find a QB in 2026. 

    Right, lockdown corner on a fixed 3 year deal. That’s super easy to trade if the price is right. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Right, lockdown corner on a fixed 3 year deal. That’s super easy to trade if the price is right. 

    A team is stuck with a big contract if the head stuff pops up over and over. Or the soft tissue month in street clothes happens per usual. I’d argue he’s probably in his peak now- I don’t expect him to be faster, stronger or catch the ball better. 

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    When the Clowns get beat down on Sunday the FO has to clean house, a healthy Garrett, Ward, and anyone worth draft picks need to be shipped out. It would be the Clowns luck that one or more would suffer a season ending injury and stuck with more contracts for guys that can’t play.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #78

    To answer the question on Garrett....No.

    While things aren't good this year, I don't see things as desperate. We just have a toxic brew this season.  Anybody at QB even halfway competent will have the O working better.  I actually think Zappe was a good signing and will make a good bridge QB for the next few years until we draft the eventual starter.

    Cooper was toxic this year.  We caused it to some extent. Coop wasn't happy with no contract and signing Judey.  That still doesn't excuse him for half assing it.

    Moore has been a problem.

    Just a lot of things that can be sorted out in 1 season that don't put us in fire sale mode.

  • To answer the question on Garrett....No.

    While things aren't good this year, I don't see things as desperate. We just have a toxic brew this season.  Anybody at QB even halfway competent will have the O working better.  I actually think Zappe was a good signing and will make a good bridge QB for the next few years until we draft the eventual starter.

    Cooper was toxic this year.  We caused it to some extent. Coop wasn't happy with no contract and signing Judey.  That still doesn't excuse him for half assing it.

    Moore has been a problem.

    Just a lot of things that can be sorted out in 1 season that don't put us in fire sale mode.

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by AP1
    #79

    @ballpeen said:

    To answer the question on Garrett....No.

    While things aren't good this year, I don't see things as desperate. We just have a toxic brew this season.  Anybody at QB even halfway competent will have the O working better.  I actually think Zappe was a good signing and will make a good bridge QB for the next few years until we draft the eventual starter.

    Cooper was toxic this year.  We caused it to some extent. Coop wasn't happy with no contract and signing Judey.  That still doesn't excuse him for half assing it.

    Moore has been a problem.

    Just a lot of things that can be sorted out in 1 season that don't put us in fire sale mode.

    I am hopeful or agree on all of your points with the exception of trading Garrett and this being able to be sorted out in one season.

    I want to be wrong and you to be right.

    There are too many questions along the OL between needs, age and contract situations. Those problems need solved.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    The season has been over for several weeks, if there is to be any future now is the time to start the rebuild again. Let the trading begin.