Skip to content

The Pickens Plan

Political Discussion
4 4 1.1k
  • I watched a little of the 60 minutes show with T boone Pickens.

    what do you guys think of his plan to changeover to domestic natural gas? I think we could do it but am a little unsure of how the transition would work and at what cost is the adjustments it would take mechanically.

    I dont have a problem obviously to his wind power ideas.

  • I have no problem with it, though I assume Mr. Pickens' main concern is profiting from it.

    We went through the natural gas car idea under Carter and his oil embargo.

    They work better in contant temperatures but I'm sure adjustments can be made in the north.

    I wonder what using natural gas for transportation will do to home heationg prices.

    WSS

  • \ said:

    I wonder what using natural gas for transportation will do to home heationg prices.

    WSS[/b]

    Ditto. A few years ago, diesel cars were supposed to be the way to go, but diesel fuel is up too.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    I wonder what using natural gas for transportation will do to home heationg prices.

    WSS[/b]

    Ditto. A few years ago, diesel cars were supposed to be the way to go, but diesel fuel is up too.

    Diesel cars & trucks are still the way to go. They are the most versatile & effiecient internal combustion engine offered. The huge spike in the cost of diesel was recovered by Michael Phelps about 2 months ago.

    But to answer your question sev, the Pickens Plan looks out for T. Boone 1st.