Skip to content

The Browns are Moving to Brook Park

The Browns Board
96 20 3.5k 1
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #1

    As being reported by Fox 8, Channel 19 and radio station 97.5 WONE.

    https://www.cleveland19.com/2024/10/17/its-official-cleveland-browns-moving-brook-park/

    IMG_3905.jpeg

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    No surprise.

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I'd rather they focus on winning games, but much like facilities and apparel sponsors for college football, if this helps attract talent so be it. I just want to win.

    I'm agnostic on the "move" to Brook Park. Without offending some of you in NE Ohio, I feel like I'm in Cleveland when I'm driving on 71 between Lodi and Medina all the way to passing Painesville on 90. Suburbs, suburbs, I know, but Cleveland to me.

    Do you believe this is the second time Cleveland lost the Browns?

    Or this more like the Rams/Chargers playing in Inglewood, the Cowboys in Arlington, the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, the Bills in Orchard Park, the 49ers in Santa Clara, the Jets/Giants in East Rutherford, and the Commanders in Landover?

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    It's right across the street from Cleveland.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #5

    hey if it makes us play better ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    What @ap1 said. 

  • A AP1

    I'd rather they focus on winning games, but much like facilities and apparel sponsors for college football, if this helps attract talent so be it. I just want to win.

    I'm agnostic on the "move" to Brook Park. Without offending some of you in NE Ohio, I feel like I'm in Cleveland when I'm driving on 71 between Lodi and Medina all the way to passing Painesville on 90. Suburbs, suburbs, I know, but Cleveland to me.

    Do you believe this is the second time Cleveland lost the Browns?

    Or this more like the Rams/Chargers playing in Inglewood, the Cowboys in Arlington, the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, the Bills in Orchard Park, the 49ers in Santa Clara, the Jets/Giants in East Rutherford, and the Commanders in Landover?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @ap1 said:

    Do you believe this is the second time Cleveland lost the Browns?

    Or this more like the Rams/Chargers playing in Inglewood, the Cowboys in Arlington, the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, the Bills in Orchard Park, the 49ers in Santa Clara, the Jets/Giants in East Rutherford, and the Commanders in Landover?

    The latter.  

    Make them put in a retractable roof.  🙂 

    It's away from the direct brunt of the moist lake winds.  Better for the structure.

  • @ap1 said:

    Do you believe this is the second time Cleveland lost the Browns?

    Or this more like the Rams/Chargers playing in Inglewood, the Cowboys in Arlington, the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, the Bills in Orchard Park, the 49ers in Santa Clara, the Jets/Giants in East Rutherford, and the Commanders in Landover?

    The latter.  

    Make them put in a retractable roof.  🙂 

    It's away from the direct brunt of the moist lake winds.  Better for the structure.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #8

    @orion said:

    The latter.  

    Make them put in a retractable roof.  🙂 

    It's away from the direct brunt of the moist lake winds.  Better for the structure.

    That’s another half a billion dollars for a retractable roof, and they barely get used. Being off the lake will definitely help keep the maintenance down. Also, most of the building is underground 

  • @orion said:

    The latter.  

    Make them put in a retractable roof.  🙂 

    It's away from the direct brunt of the moist lake winds.  Better for the structure.

    That’s another half a billion dollars for a retractable roof, and they barely get used. Being off the lake will definitely help keep the maintenance down. Also, most of the building is underground 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @dutch-oven said:

    That’s another half a billion dollars for a retractable roof

    Then have Haslem's employees come up with a rebate scam scheme.  🙂  

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I'm against tax payers paying to build stadiums for Billionaires. The tax payers in the nine county Indianapolis Metropolitan Area just finished paying off the Hoosier/RCA Dome, which was demolished 15 years ago, and gave Jim Irsay a sweetheart public funding deal, including a cut of EVERYTHING that takes place in Lucas Oil Stadium. That money has gone up his nose many, many, many times over, to questionable women of the night, one of the world's largest guitar collections.

    Be that as it may, the locals are welcome to fund as they see fit. I'm caveat emptor on the retractable roof. The Lucas Oil Stadium retractable roof cost $100M not counting maintenance and upkeep. It's only open a couple of games a year and when it is open, there's about a 20° temperature change between the sun and shade inside the stadium and players track the ball worse when the roof is open. 

    I am a big fan of walking in a Stadium concourse and being at the top of the lower level.

    Just my opinion. It's worth what you paid for read it!

  • A AP1

    I'm against tax payers paying to build stadiums for Billionaires. The tax payers in the nine county Indianapolis Metropolitan Area just finished paying off the Hoosier/RCA Dome, which was demolished 15 years ago, and gave Jim Irsay a sweetheart public funding deal, including a cut of EVERYTHING that takes place in Lucas Oil Stadium. That money has gone up his nose many, many, many times over, to questionable women of the night, one of the world's largest guitar collections.

    Be that as it may, the locals are welcome to fund as they see fit. I'm caveat emptor on the retractable roof. The Lucas Oil Stadium retractable roof cost $100M not counting maintenance and upkeep. It's only open a couple of games a year and when it is open, there's about a 20° temperature change between the sun and shade inside the stadium and players track the ball worse when the roof is open. 

    I am a big fan of walking in a Stadium concourse and being at the top of the lower level.

    Just my opinion. It's worth what you paid for read it!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #11

    @ap1 said:

    I'm against tax payers paying to build stadiums for Billionaires. The tax payers in the nine county Indianapolis Metropolitan Area just finished paying off the Hoosier/RCA Dome, which was demolished 15 years ago, and gave Jim Irsay a sweetheart public funding deal, including a cut of EVERYTHING that takes place in Lucas Oil Stadium. That money has gone up his nose many, many, many times over, to questionable women of the night, one of the world's largest guitar collections.

    Be that as it may, the locals are welcome to fund as they see fit. I'm caveat emptor on the retractable roof. The Lucas Oil Stadium retractable roof cost $100M not counting maintenance and upkeep. It's only open a couple of games a year and when it is open, there's about a 20° temperature change between the sun and shade inside the stadium and players track the ball worse when the roof is open. 

    I am a big fan of walking in a Stadium concourse and being at the top of the lower level.

    Just my opinion. It's worth what you paid for read it!

    I agree with so much of this... the dislike of paying for a billionaire's ego project, finding retractable domes for football stadiums pretty much a waste of money (but I'd love for them to somehow be able to play on natural grass) and love open concourses that you can see the field from. The initial plans were interesting, specifically the seating bowl area, which was kind of all over the place. It was a very different design.

    Nice post AP1. 

  • A AP1

    I'm against tax payers paying to build stadiums for Billionaires. The tax payers in the nine county Indianapolis Metropolitan Area just finished paying off the Hoosier/RCA Dome, which was demolished 15 years ago, and gave Jim Irsay a sweetheart public funding deal, including a cut of EVERYTHING that takes place in Lucas Oil Stadium. That money has gone up his nose many, many, many times over, to questionable women of the night, one of the world's largest guitar collections.

    Be that as it may, the locals are welcome to fund as they see fit. I'm caveat emptor on the retractable roof. The Lucas Oil Stadium retractable roof cost $100M not counting maintenance and upkeep. It's only open a couple of games a year and when it is open, there's about a 20° temperature change between the sun and shade inside the stadium and players track the ball worse when the roof is open. 

    I am a big fan of walking in a Stadium concourse and being at the top of the lower level.

    Just my opinion. It's worth what you paid for read it!

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @ap1 said:

    I'm against tax payers paying to build stadiums for Billionaires.

    I hear ya on that.

    But, some other city wanting an NFL team might become more inviting.  I certainly wouldn't count on Haslem being overly loyal to the state of Ohio.

  • @ap1 said:

    I'm against tax payers paying to build stadiums for Billionaires.

    I hear ya on that.

    But, some other city wanting an NFL team might become more inviting.  I certainly wouldn't count on Haslem being overly loyal to the state of Ohio.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    I hear ya on that.

    But, some other city wanting an NFL team might become more inviting.  I certainly wouldn't count on Haslem being overly loyal to the state of Ohio.

    You aren't wrong, but right there is the reason we keep getting bent over by these billionaires. 

    Some day, we'll have enough. 

  • JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I agree but isn't it more of an investment in the area?

    Hopefully they get a good return.

  • A AP1

    I'd rather they focus on winning games, but much like facilities and apparel sponsors for college football, if this helps attract talent so be it. I just want to win.

    I'm agnostic on the "move" to Brook Park. Without offending some of you in NE Ohio, I feel like I'm in Cleveland when I'm driving on 71 between Lodi and Medina all the way to passing Painesville on 90. Suburbs, suburbs, I know, but Cleveland to me.

    Do you believe this is the second time Cleveland lost the Browns?

    Or this more like the Rams/Chargers playing in Inglewood, the Cowboys in Arlington, the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, the Bills in Orchard Park, the 49ers in Santa Clara, the Jets/Giants in East Rutherford, and the Commanders in Landover?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ap1 said:

    I'd rather they focus on winning games, but much like facilities and apparel sponsors for college football, if this helps attract talent so be it. I just want to win.

    I'm agnostic on the "move" to Brook Park. Without offending some of you in NE Ohio, I feel like I'm in Cleveland when I'm driving on 71 between Lodi and Medina all the way to passing Painesville on 90. Suburbs, suburbs, I know, but Cleveland to me.

    Do you believe this is the second time Cleveland lost the Browns?

    Or this more like the Rams/Chargers playing in Inglewood, the Cowboys in Arlington, the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, the Bills in Orchard Park, the 49ers in Santa Clara, the Jets/Giants in East Rutherford, and the Commanders in Landover?

    I agree.  Being a Clevelander doesn't have to mean you live inside the city limits of Cleveland.  It's called Greater Cleveland for a reason.  As with you, when I drive up from Tennessee, I consider myself in Cleveland once I hit Medina.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I live in Berea, the new site is about 4 miles away from my house. I'm not liking this, but we pretty much knew it was a done deal.

    I like the stadium downtown. The tailgate atmosphere is fantastic, just pick your spot. Well, that's going away to a cookie cutter style in every other city with a dome in the middle of a parking lot- BOOOOOOOO. Sorry, just my opinion.

    I doubt I'll be a part of it as a season ticket holder. Like in Buffalo, the prices will be ridiculous.

    Maybe, in a weird way, this gets the Browns going in the right direction. The Vikings, save a few seasons here or there, haven't done a damn thing since moving indoors. They were an outdoor powerhouse until the 80s, so perhaps the reverse is in order for Cleveland. 

    I know we've debated dome vs outdoors tirelessly, but even with my aging bones I prefer the outdoors. But I realize a dome could be great for the region.

    Go Browns.

  • @ap1 said:

    I'd rather they focus on winning games, but much like facilities and apparel sponsors for college football, if this helps attract talent so be it. I just want to win.

    I'm agnostic on the "move" to Brook Park. Without offending some of you in NE Ohio, I feel like I'm in Cleveland when I'm driving on 71 between Lodi and Medina all the way to passing Painesville on 90. Suburbs, suburbs, I know, but Cleveland to me.

    Do you believe this is the second time Cleveland lost the Browns?

    Or this more like the Rams/Chargers playing in Inglewood, the Cowboys in Arlington, the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, the Bills in Orchard Park, the 49ers in Santa Clara, the Jets/Giants in East Rutherford, and the Commanders in Landover?

    I agree.  Being a Clevelander doesn't have to mean you live inside the city limits of Cleveland.  It's called Greater Cleveland for a reason.  As with you, when I drive up from Tennessee, I consider myself in Cleveland once I hit Medina.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ballpeen said:

     I consider myself in Cleveland once I hit Medina.

    They take the big words out of the newspaper in Medina ?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So the Menopause Browns will have new home.. Same shit ass owner... Same shit ass team... Whippie poo's!!!

  • @ballpeen said:

     I consider myself in Cleveland once I hit Medina.

    They take the big words out of the newspaper in Medina ?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @bob806 said:

    They take the big words out of the newspaper in Medina ?

    Words like “sin tax”?

  • I live in Berea, the new site is about 4 miles away from my house. I'm not liking this, but we pretty much knew it was a done deal.

    I like the stadium downtown. The tailgate atmosphere is fantastic, just pick your spot. Well, that's going away to a cookie cutter style in every other city with a dome in the middle of a parking lot- BOOOOOOOO. Sorry, just my opinion.

    I doubt I'll be a part of it as a season ticket holder. Like in Buffalo, the prices will be ridiculous.

    Maybe, in a weird way, this gets the Browns going in the right direction. The Vikings, save a few seasons here or there, haven't done a damn thing since moving indoors. They were an outdoor powerhouse until the 80s, so perhaps the reverse is in order for Cleveland. 

    I know we've debated dome vs outdoors tirelessly, but even with my aging bones I prefer the outdoors. But I realize a dome could be great for the region.

    Go Browns.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @bob806 said:

    Maybe, in a weird way, this gets the Browns going in the right direction. The Vikings, save a few seasons here or there, haven't done a damn thing since moving indoors. They were an outdoor powerhouse until the 80s, so perhaps the reverse is in order for Cleveland.

    I have to hand it to you, that is the most logical piece of illogic I've ever seen posted on this board.??