Skip to content

The Next Step in the Rebuild

The Browns Board
24 9 1.2k 1
  • @ap1 said:

    I want someone tough as nails; an alpha that jumps in front and says with or without word, but certainly in action, "Get behind me; we're going to the Promised Land!" A guy like Dan Campbell.

    In one way or another so many on the board, RIGHTLY, have questioned Stefanski's ability. 

    Stefanski didn't put together the roster. He didn't negotiate the contracts. He didn't chase DW. He didn't make the Draft Picks that haven't worked out. He doesn't play in games, miss reads, create turnovers and cause penalties.

    KS has the most wins as a Browns HC in four decades. As much as good can be the enemy of great, I think there is some due diligence in giving him a shot to help right the ship. KS aside, Jimmy's track record of having successful head coaches is among the worst in League history.

    I simply don't think Haslam wants an "alpha," he wants somebody who will agree to his organizational structure. 

    Until Haslam realizes his structure isn't the answer, the Browns will continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

    To his credit, remember after he fired Farmer, hired Dorsey, he reached out to icons such as Bill Parcels for advice. My hunch is he really listened, but has a fear of truly entrusting others to run the show. Just my opinion.

    @bob806 said:

    I simply don't think Haslam wants an "alpha," he wants somebody who will agree to his organizational structure. 

    Until Haslam realizes his structure isn't the answer, the Browns will continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

    To his credit, remember after he fired Farmer, hired Dorsey, he reached out to icons such as Bill Parcels for advice. My hunch is he really listened, but has a fear of truly entrusting others to run the show. Just my opinion.

    Then we need to call an Exorcist to get DePodesta out of here...

  • It’s going to be hella interesting to watch the Haslams try to navigate getting funding for the dome at the same time their team goes from being a playoff team one season to an absolute train wreck the next.

  • It’s going to be hella interesting to watch the Haslams try to navigate getting funding for the dome at the same time their team goes from being a playoff team one season to an absolute train wreck the next.

    @dutch-oven said:

    It’s going to be hella interesting to watch the Haslams try to navigate getting funding for the dome at the same time their team goes from being a playoff team one season to an absolute train wreck the next.

    ...in less than half a season.

    His leverage in securing public funding is decreasing by the second.

  • A AP1

    @dutch-oven said:

    It’s going to be hella interesting to watch the Haslams try to navigate getting funding for the dome at the same time their team goes from being a playoff team one season to an absolute train wreck the next.

    ...in less than half a season.

    His leverage in securing public funding is decreasing by the second.

    @ap1 said:

    ...in less than half a season.

    His leverage in securing public funding is decreasing by the second.

    And I keep playing this scene in my head where the Browns leave Ohio completely again.... This asshole is never gonna put a SB team on the field

  • @ap1 said:

    ...in less than half a season.

    His leverage in securing public funding is decreasing by the second.

    And I keep playing this scene in my head where the Browns leave Ohio completely again.... This asshole is never gonna put a SB team on the field

    @nickers said:

    And I keep playing this scene in my head where the Browns leave Ohio completely again.... This asshole is never gonna put a SB team on the field

    https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/could-the-art-modell-law-keep-cleveland-browns-stadium-in-cleveland

    Doubtful, but I suppose anything is possible. 

  • I've been complaining about DePodesta since the beginning, so I agree 100% on letting him go.

    I absolutely despise draft talk in October, but yeah, the offensive line needs serious help. 

    The other thing we don't talk about much, but is a serious problem, is tackling. It doesn't matter who the defensive coordinator is ( I think), but outside of Grant Delpit, there isn't another DB on the roster that is reliable with tackling. It's maddening.

    Now if Derrick Henry is coming at you, or somebody large like that, I get it. But you need to make an honest effort at the tackle. It seems like they just don't want to do it.

    @bob806 said:

    Now if Derrick Henry is coming at you, or somebody large like that, I get it. But you need to make an honest effort at the tackle. It seems like they just don't want to do it.

    Did you notice on King Henry's catch for a TD last night the defender assigned to stop him made sure he barely touched him. Smart guy lived to see another game.????

  • @nickers said:

    And I keep playing this scene in my head where the Browns leave Ohio completely again.... This asshole is never gonna put a SB team on the field

    https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/could-the-art-modell-law-keep-cleveland-browns-stadium-in-cleveland

    Doubtful, but I suppose anything is possible. 

    @bob806 said:

    https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/could-the-art-modell-law-keep-cleveland-browns-stadium-in-cleveland

    Doubtful, but I suppose anything is possible. 

    I think the strongest indicator that the team will remain in or around Cleveland for the foreseeable future is the deal they made with Huntington Bank for 20 years for the stadium naming rights.

    Huntington’s corporate HQ is in Columbus, and most of their branches are in or around Ohio. I’m reasonably sure Huntington’s team of lawyers made sure there was language in the contract that if the team moves it better be somewhere there’s a lotta Huntington banks around. 

  • Obviously this is dated judging by the number of games, but is still relevant. ?

    IMG_0192.png

  • Obviously this is dated judging by the number of games, but is still relevant. ?

    IMG_0192.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    Obviously this is dated judging by the number of games, but is still relevant. ?

    IMG_0192.png

    True, true

    I'm here for the party!

  • The more I think of it, the more I think if I was Jimmy Haslam, I’m NOT firing Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski after this season. I’m letting them do the dirty work of dealing with Watson’s huge cap hit the next two seasons. I’m letting them take the lumps of trading away veterans and getting your brains kicked in with youngsters. What front office guy worth anything and head coach candidate would want to come in next season and deal with all this? Let Berry and Stefanski deal with it, then after two years, upgrade.

  • The more I think of it, the more I think if I was Jimmy Haslam, I’m NOT firing Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski after this season. I’m letting them do the dirty work of dealing with Watson’s huge cap hit the next two seasons. I’m letting them take the lumps of trading away veterans and getting your brains kicked in with youngsters. What front office guy worth anything and head coach candidate would want to come in next season and deal with all this? Let Berry and Stefanski deal with it, then after two years, upgrade.

    @dutch-oven said:

    The more I think of it, the more I think if I was Jimmy Haslam, I’m NOT firing Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski after this season. I’m letting them do the dirty work of dealing with Watson’s huge cap hit the next two seasons. I’m letting them take the lumps if trading away veterans and getting your brains kicked in with youngsters. What front office guy and head coach candidate would want to come in next season and deal with all this? Let them deal with it, then after two years, upgrade.

    Absolutely nothing to lose with this strategy. 

  • Here's an article below about the next draft - gee, what could go wrong?

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/what-picks-do-browns-have-in-2025-nfl-draft

    What picks do Browns have in 2025 NFL Draft?

    Apr 27, 2024 at 07:44 PM
     

    It's never too early to think about next year's draft.

    The Browns are poised to be back on the clock this time next year with a number of their own picks, including one in the first round. Cleveland hasn't made a first-round pick since 2021, as the previous three were sent to Houston in the team's trade for QB Deshaun Watson.

    All told, the Browns, who made six picks in the 2024 NFL Draft, hold eight selections in 2025.

    Here's the current breakdown:

    • Own picks in Rounds 1-4 and 6
    • 3rd-round pick from Buffalo (WR Amari Cooper trade)
    • 6th-round pick from Minnesota (DE Za'Darius Smith trade)
    • 6th-round pick from Chicago (DT Chris Williams trade)
  • So (1) first rounder, (1) second rounder, (2) third rounders, (1) fourth rounder and (3) sixth rounders. 

  • Has there ever been a coach with TWO coach of Year Honors fired after his fifth season?  
     

    And then you factor where we came from 1999-2019.  
     

    Not to steal a line from a fool but “Browns is the Browns”

  • Has there ever been a coach with TWO coach of Year Honors fired after his fifth season?  
     

    And then you factor where we came from 1999-2019.  
     

    Not to steal a line from a fool but “Browns is the Browns”

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Has there ever been a coach with TWO coach of Year Honors fired after his fifth season?  
     

    And then you factor where we came from 1999-2019.  
     

    Not to steal a line from a fool but “Browns is the Browns”

    If Berry gets fired, you think they’d keep Stefanski? Think potentially GM candidates would be cool with inheriting a head coach?