Just a thought
-
I'm not saying he should start and play every down, maybe a handful of plays a game. I think we have two good CBs and they will only get better, I just think that in third and long situations he could help us out as a nickel back on a third wide out or a tight end. That has been a weak spot all year and I believe he would be an improvement.
-
\ said:
I'm not saying he should start and play every down, maybe a handful of plays a game. I think we have two good CBs and they will only get better, I just think that in third and long situations he could help us out as a nickel back on a third wide out or a tight end. That has been a weak spot all year and I believe he would be an improvement.It's just too much to ask of him. Dudes in on O and all special teams now. You move him there, even on select times, it will take its toll.
-
My comment is meant as, while Cribbs is fantastic on special teams, I think his talent is under utilized there for a relatively few plays a game. This young man should be utilized as a full time player, whether on offense or defense....We have others to put on special teams. Sure, he would be missed there, but I would like to see his abilities utilized as a starter. Just my opinion.
Mike
-
\ said:
someone should have been calling time out on that 93 yd td. It was obvious the defense wasn't set right. BMac or the coaches...that woulda stopped that whole mess.BMac was calling for help. So how he is the only guy who saw what was going on is beyond me. But you watch that replay and BMac could have tackled Royal right after the catch. But instead he decided to look like me on Madden accidently switching to the DB and using he hit stick. Why go for a ball that is already past you when you obviously knew you had not help over the top. Blah!
-
Cribbs needs to stay on special teams. The Browns get a huge advantage in the field position game with Cribbs doing what he is doing. He makes tackels on the 20 yard line and gets us to the 35 and 40 yard line on a pretty consistant basis. That is a huge factor and a critical one. There are 3 phases of the game in football and special teams is important. Cribbs owns special teams.
-
Also thats where I think the Bears screwed up. They take there big play special teams guy and make him into a wide reciever. What did they get out of it? A run of the mill reciever. So now they have a run of the mill special teams and a run of the mill reciever. Doesnt make much sense to me.
-
Cribbs is the MAN. Keep him on special teams and in the offense. They need to call more plays for him to get involved in though.
-
\ said:
Also thats where I think the Bears screwed up. They take there big play special teams guy and make him into a wide reciever. What did they get out of it? A run of the mill reciever. So now they have a run of the mill special teams and a run of the mill reciever. Doesnt make much sense to me.Well in fairness to Hester, he has been hampered by injuries, and people just don't kick to him at all anymore. But the point is well received. Don't over work guys just cause they might be able to do more. More work usually means suffering some where. I'd rather have Cribbs lighting it up on special teams (not just returns but his return coverage) and making the occassional play on O.
-
\ said:
There's that whole hip swivel thing most CB's have...I dont think Josh has it.
He also doesn't have the jukes/moves/quickness that kick returners like Devin Hester have. And he manages to be the best kick/punt returner in the NFL. He can figure corner/nickback out. Easily. It's hard to believe he wouldn't have a positive impact on the defense. Real hard. Well, shit, is it humanly possible to make the defense any worse?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login