The Official Browns vs Steelers Game Thread Nov 21st
-
YAHTZEE! Since Garrett did his talking with his pads last night - I don't mind what he said at all. It was aimed at Me-J Watt and rightfully so. If Watt wants to tell everyone how invincible he makes Pittsburgh - try to make it past the 1st round of the playoffs at least once in 4 opportunities. As I noted, when the Browns played a playoff game at Pittsburgh - Watt started the scoring on the first snap from scrimmage while TJ Watt turned into Casper the Friendly Ghost. Watt's team gave up 48 points while Garrett's team harassed Roethlisberger into 4 INTs.
WOOF
It would be so sweet if the Browns could beat 'em in Pittsburgh.
-
A link to the Youtube highlights:
-
-
George Pickens says they lost because of the weather. Wahhhh Wahhhh.
Like it wasn't snowing for both sides! B-O-O H-O-O
Browns win one for Chubb's knee!
-
Does anyone know why TJ Watt didn’t play last night?
-
Does anyone know why TJ Watt didn’t play last night?
Does anyone know why TJ Watt didn’t play last night?
He called off with a bad case Jack Conklin.
-
Does anyone know why TJ Watt didn’t play last night?
He called off with a bad case Jack Conklin.
He called off with a bad case Jack Conklin.
-
Agree here. Stefanski is not the problem in Cleveland , far from it
Who made the decision to keep playing massage man? If he wasn't injured Stefanski would still be playing him. He owns this season. I'm not saying he needs to be fired but he's reason #1 our season was over in October.
Who made the decision to keep playing massage man? If he wasn't injured Stefanski would still be playing him.
He made that decision because message man gives the team the best chance of winning. He's a better QB than Winston and he's better than DTR. One can argue that the bar is set kinda' low...but he's the best QB we got. Now, I'm not sure who our starting QB will be next year....but I'd wager that it won't be Winston.
.....to the game...
Some of our most memorable games have come on Thursday nights. I remember when Josh Cribbs almost single handedly beat the Steelers on a freeeezing cold Thursday night!
Good game by Winston. Only the one INT. That scrambling TD he got on 4th down deserves a spot in Browns vs Steelers lore.
A good game by Chubb. His stats don't show how hard he ran and how many yards he made when there was absolutely nothing there for him. Two times he smashed his way into the end zone. And he picked up a huge 4th and 2 first down!
Good game Judy! He was there in the clutch. Akins made some catches. Njoku dropped a simple TD catch....but followed it up with a GREAT 2 point conversion catch.
Was nice to see Garrett show up Watt!!!!
Newsome gave up some plays...again. Ten tackles for Delpit. Five solo tackles by Diabate.
Tillman has come back to earth a bit over the last two games (the fumble was a low point). But hopefully he can step up his game a bit now that defenses know that they've got to pay attention to him.
.....Another Great Thursday Night Win over the Steelers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (screw the draft...it's the Steelers!!!!!)
-
Who made the decision to keep playing massage man? If he wasn't injured Stefanski would still be playing him.
He made that decision because message man gives the team the best chance of winning. He's a better QB than Winston and he's better than DTR. One can argue that the bar is set kinda' low...but he's the best QB we got. Now, I'm not sure who our starting QB will be next year....but I'd wager that it won't be Winston.
.....to the game...
Some of our most memorable games have come on Thursday nights. I remember when Josh Cribbs almost single handedly beat the Steelers on a freeeezing cold Thursday night!
Good game by Winston. Only the one INT. That scrambling TD he got on 4th down deserves a spot in Browns vs Steelers lore.
A good game by Chubb. His stats don't show how hard he ran and how many yards he made when there was absolutely nothing there for him. Two times he smashed his way into the end zone. And he picked up a huge 4th and 2 first down!
Good game Judy! He was there in the clutch. Akins made some catches. Njoku dropped a simple TD catch....but followed it up with a GREAT 2 point conversion catch.
Was nice to see Garrett show up Watt!!!!
Newsome gave up some plays...again. Ten tackles for Delpit. Five solo tackles by Diabate.
Tillman has come back to earth a bit over the last two games (the fumble was a low point). But hopefully he can step up his game a bit now that defenses know that they've got to pay attention to him.
.....Another Great Thursday Night Win over the Steelers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (screw the draft...it's the Steelers!!!!!)
He made that decision because message man gives the team the best chance of winning. He's a better QB than Winston and he's better than DTR. One can argue that the bar is set kinda' low...but he's the best QB we got. Now, I'm not sure who our starting QB will be next year....but I'd wager that it won't be Winston.
.....to the game...
Some of our most memorable games have come on Thursday nights. I remember when Josh Cribbs almost single handedly beat the Steelers on a freeeezing cold Thursday night!
Good game by Winston. Only the one INT. That scrambling TD he got on 4th down deserves a spot in Browns vs Steelers lore.
A good game by Chubb. His stats don't show how hard he ran and how many yards he made when there was absolutely nothing there for him. Two times he smashed his way into the end zone. And he picked up a huge 4th and 2 first down!
Good game Judy! He was there in the clutch. Akins made some catches. Njoku dropped a simple TD catch....but followed it up with a GREAT 2 point conversion catch.
Was nice to see Garrett show up Watt!!!!
Newsome gave up some plays...again. Ten tackles for Delpit. Five solo tackles by Diabate.
Tillman has come back to earth a bit over the last two games (the fumble was a low point). But hopefully he can step up his game a bit now that defenses know that they've got to pay attention to him.
.....Another Great Thursday Night Win over the Steelers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (screw the draft...it's the Steelers!!!!!)
Completely false my guy. Watson was the worst QB in the NFL by far in several statistics. He couldn't put up 20 points or pass for over 200 yards. Yeah it's a team sport but anyone with a set of eyeballs can see Winston gives us a better chance than massage man.
Even in a snowstorm, Winston played better than any of Watson's games
-
-
Agree here. Stefanski is not the problem in Cleveland , far from it
Who made the decision to keep playing massage man? If he wasn't injured Stefanski would still be playing him. He owns this season. I'm not saying he needs to be fired but he's reason #1 our season was over in October.
Who made the decision to keep playing massage man? If he wasn't injured Stefanski would still be playing him. He owns this season. I'm not saying he needs to be fired but he's reason #1 our season was over in October.
How many people go to work and do the opposite of what there boss asks them to do?
-
He made that decision because message man gives the team the best chance of winning. He's a better QB than Winston and he's better than DTR. One can argue that the bar is set kinda' low...but he's the best QB we got. Now, I'm not sure who our starting QB will be next year....but I'd wager that it won't be Winston.
.....to the game...
Some of our most memorable games have come on Thursday nights. I remember when Josh Cribbs almost single handedly beat the Steelers on a freeeezing cold Thursday night!
Good game by Winston. Only the one INT. That scrambling TD he got on 4th down deserves a spot in Browns vs Steelers lore.
A good game by Chubb. His stats don't show how hard he ran and how many yards he made when there was absolutely nothing there for him. Two times he smashed his way into the end zone. And he picked up a huge 4th and 2 first down!
Good game Judy! He was there in the clutch. Akins made some catches. Njoku dropped a simple TD catch....but followed it up with a GREAT 2 point conversion catch.
Was nice to see Garrett show up Watt!!!!
Newsome gave up some plays...again. Ten tackles for Delpit. Five solo tackles by Diabate.
Tillman has come back to earth a bit over the last two games (the fumble was a low point). But hopefully he can step up his game a bit now that defenses know that they've got to pay attention to him.
.....Another Great Thursday Night Win over the Steelers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (screw the draft...it's the Steelers!!!!!)
Completely false my guy. Watson was the worst QB in the NFL by far in several statistics. He couldn't put up 20 points or pass for over 200 yards. Yeah it's a team sport but anyone with a set of eyeballs can see Winston gives us a better chance than massage man.
Even in a snowstorm, Winston played better than any of Watson's games
Even in a snowstorm, Winston played better than any of Watson's games
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
-
Even in a snowstorm, Winston played better than any of Watson's games
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Sorry, I don't see that. He was headed to nowwhere. Watson was a better passer maybe, but a far worse head case and he didn't care.
At least Winston CARES hugely.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3122840/deshaun-watson
-
-
Even in a snowstorm, Winston played better than any of Watson's games
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Yeah. A high qbr with games of 110 yards passing. So much better than Winston.
You're correct. He's not the future but he's a hell of a lot better than Waston. At this point he's the best QB on the roster.
-
Not that all stats can't be skewed or misrepresented, and most are bad without depth and context, but Passer Rating is a pretty awful stat/metric.
-
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Yeah. A high qbr with games of 110 yards passing. So much better than Winston.
You're correct. He's not the future but he's a hell of a lot better than Waston. At this point he's the best QB on the roster.
-
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Yeah. A high qbr with games of 110 yards passing. So much better than Winston.
You're correct. He's not the future but he's a hell of a lot better than Waston. At this point he's the best QB on the roster.
Yeah. A high qbr with games of 110 yards passing. So much better than Winston.
You're correct. He's not the future but he's a hell of a lot better than Waston. At this point he's the best QB on the roster.
and brings enjoyment to watching the game
At least Winston tries. Watson the Great does not play hard despite having better ability
-
Even in a snowstorm, Winston played better than any of Watson's games
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Well, it's not hard to improve when you're ranked 30th or below in about every statistical category that matters.
Watson certainly doesn't pass my eye test (and a lot of other "experts") for that matter. Looked lie a bum third string QB to my eyes. Horrible pocket awareness, not seeing wide open receivers, and his deep ball accuracy is totally shot.
Winston may not be this team's future, but I damn guarantee you Watson isn't. And the future is looking mighty bleak with that $172 million dead cap hit that Berry not so wisely backloaded onto the Watson deal.
-
Not true. Watson's numbers were improving each and every game. (and he had games with a higher passer rating than Winston's)
Do I like Watson? No. Do I want to move on from Watson? Yes. If for no other reason than he gets hurt all the time.
Do I like Winston? Sure. Great guy. But he's not any team's future.
Well, it's not hard to improve when you're ranked 30th or below in about every statistical category that matters.
Watson certainly doesn't pass my eye test (and a lot of other "experts") for that matter. Looked lie a bum third string QB to my eyes. Horrible pocket awareness, not seeing wide open receivers, and his deep ball accuracy is totally shot.
Winston may not be this team's future, but I damn guarantee you Watson isn't. And the future is looking mighty bleak with that $172 million dead cap hit that Berry not so wisely backloaded onto the Watson deal.
Well, it's not hard to improve when you're ranked 30th or below in about every statistical category that matters.
Watson certainly doesn't pass my eye test (and a lot of other "experts") for that matter. Looked lie a bum third string QB to my eyes. Horrible pocket awareness, not seeing wide open receivers, and his deep ball accuracy is totally shot.
Winston may not be this team's future, but I damn guarantee you Watson isn't. And the future is looking mighty bleak with that $172 million dead cap hit that Berry not so wisely backloaded onto the Watson deal.
The day they can Watson... I'm gonna find myself a nice cabernet.. Roll up a fatty and party like its 2099...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
