Skip to content

Jameis

The Browns Board
32 12 1.3k 1
  • sydS syd

    @syd said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

  • @syd said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

    @nickers said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    @syd said:

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

  • @syd said:

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

    @syd said:

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

    Yeah its hilarious and serious at the same time.. I find it well balanced... Neal McDonough is his usual great badass self... I hope they bring him back for season 3

  • @syd said:

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    @orion said:

    I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    I prayed for Watson to fall ill.

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    @orion said:

    I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    I prayed for a good dentist visit the other day and it worked!

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    @orion said:

    I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    Thoughts and prayers seem to do wonders after every school shooting, for sure. 

  • I'm watching the early part of the game and the color commentator says, There's some that want to see DTR playing QB to see what he's got for the future but they're playing Winston and it's the right thing to do.  You want to see if Winston can be your QB going forward.  I'm sitting there thinking, What a freakin' dope.  There isn't a team in the entire league that has to see Winston.  He's got a body of work a mile long.  THEN, after his INT in the end zone, when the Browns put in DTR, he says how they've got to see what DTR has going forward.   That guy just says shit.  Like a certain president elect.  Just say shit!  And then say something else later.

    Since Watson got hurt I've been saying that they should be playing DTR...so they can know how many QB's they'll have to bring in for next season.  We all love the person that Winston is....but he's NOT a starting QB...and no team has thought he should be in a very long time.  If you want to keep him around as a backup, a locker room guy, and/or a prayer meeting leader, that's fine.  But you've gotta find yourself a starting QB.

  • I'm watching the early part of the game and the color commentator says, There's some that want to see DTR playing QB to see what he's got for the future but they're playing Winston and it's the right thing to do.  You want to see if Winston can be your QB going forward.  I'm sitting there thinking, What a freakin' dope.  There isn't a team in the entire league that has to see Winston.  He's got a body of work a mile long.  THEN, after his INT in the end zone, when the Browns put in DTR, he says how they've got to see what DTR has going forward.   That guy just says shit.  Like a certain president elect.  Just say shit!  And then say something else later.

    Since Watson got hurt I've been saying that they should be playing DTR...so they can know how many QB's they'll have to bring in for next season.  We all love the person that Winston is....but he's NOT a starting QB...and no team has thought he should be in a very long time.  If you want to keep him around as a backup, a locker room guy, and/or a prayer meeting leader, that's fine.  But you've gotta find yourself a starting QB.

    @orion said:

    I'm watching the early part of the game and the color commentator says, There's some that want to see DTR playing QB to see what he's got for the future but they're playing Winston and it's the right thing to do.  You want to see if Winston can be your QB going forward.  I'm sitting there thinking, What a freakin' dope.  There isn't a team in the entire league that has to see Winston.  He's got a body of work a mile long.  THEN, after his INT in the end zone, when the Browns put in DTR, he says how they've got to see what DTR has going forward.   That guy just says shit.  Like a certain president elect.  Just say shit!  And then say something else later.

    Since Watson got hurt I've been saying that they should be playing DTR...so they can know how many QB's they'll have to bring in for next season.  We all love the person that Winston is....but he's NOT a starting QB...and no team has thought he should be in a very long time.  If you want to keep him around as a backup, a locker room guy, and/or a prayer meeting leader, that's fine.  But you've gotta find yourself a starting QB.

    A Winston/Watson 1-2 punch might be enough to give you a shot at Arch. 

  • I'm watching the early part of the game and the color commentator says, There's some that want to see DTR playing QB to see what he's got for the future but they're playing Winston and it's the right thing to do.  You want to see if Winston can be your QB going forward.  I'm sitting there thinking, What a freakin' dope.  There isn't a team in the entire league that has to see Winston.  He's got a body of work a mile long.  THEN, after his INT in the end zone, when the Browns put in DTR, he says how they've got to see what DTR has going forward.   That guy just says shit.  Like a certain president elect.  Just say shit!  And then say something else later.

    Since Watson got hurt I've been saying that they should be playing DTR...so they can know how many QB's they'll have to bring in for next season.  We all love the person that Winston is....but he's NOT a starting QB...and no team has thought he should be in a very long time.  If you want to keep him around as a backup, a locker room guy, and/or a prayer meeting leader, that's fine.  But you've gotta find yourself a starting QB.

    @orion said:

    I'm watching the early part of the game and the color commentator says, There's some that want to see DTR playing QB to see what he's got for the future but they're playing Winston and it's the right thing to do.  You want to see if Winston can be your QB going forward.  I'm sitting there thinking, What a freakin' dope.  There isn't a team in the entire league that has to see Winston.  He's got a body of work a mile long.  THEN, after his INT in the end zone, when the Browns put in DTR, he says how they've got to see what DTR has going forward.   That guy just says shit.  Like a certain president elect.  Just say shit!  And then say something else later.

    Since Watson got hurt I've been saying that they should be playing DTR...so they can know how many QB's they'll have to bring in for next season.  We all love the person that Winston is....but he's NOT a starting QB...and no team has thought he should be in a very long time.  If you want to keep him around as a backup, a locker room guy, and/or a prayer meeting leader, that's fine.  But you've gotta find yourself a starting QB.

    At this point, sure, start DTR.

    But IMO I already know he's so limited in the passing game that I don't see him as anything beyond what he is - a #3 fringe guy. 

    Someone else said it already and I agree, I'd love a completely new QB room for next season. It's not going to happen, but Watson can sit on the bench all season next year as the #3 for all I care. Winston is a decent backup, but his days starting are over. 

    Scrap the RPO nonsense, get some TEs to go with Njoku and go back to Stefanski's offense. 

  • @orion said:

    I'm watching the early part of the game and the color commentator says, There's some that want to see DTR playing QB to see what he's got for the future but they're playing Winston and it's the right thing to do.  You want to see if Winston can be your QB going forward.  I'm sitting there thinking, What a freakin' dope.  There isn't a team in the entire league that has to see Winston.  He's got a body of work a mile long.  THEN, after his INT in the end zone, when the Browns put in DTR, he says how they've got to see what DTR has going forward.   That guy just says shit.  Like a certain president elect.  Just say shit!  And then say something else later.

    Since Watson got hurt I've been saying that they should be playing DTR...so they can know how many QB's they'll have to bring in for next season.  We all love the person that Winston is....but he's NOT a starting QB...and no team has thought he should be in a very long time.  If you want to keep him around as a backup, a locker room guy, and/or a prayer meeting leader, that's fine.  But you've gotta find yourself a starting QB.

    A Winston/Watson 1-2 punch might be enough to give you a shot at Arch. 

    @vaportrail said:

    A Winston/Watson 1-2 punch might be enough to give you a shot at Arch. 

    I've seen quite a few people say similar things, alluding to Arch Manning being the #1 overall pick in the 2026 Draft.

    It might end up being true, but homeboy doesn't even have 100 pass attempts in college football as of today. 

  • @orion said:

    I'm watching the early part of the game and the color commentator says, There's some that want to see DTR playing QB to see what he's got for the future but they're playing Winston and it's the right thing to do.  You want to see if Winston can be your QB going forward.  I'm sitting there thinking, What a freakin' dope.  There isn't a team in the entire league that has to see Winston.  He's got a body of work a mile long.  THEN, after his INT in the end zone, when the Browns put in DTR, he says how they've got to see what DTR has going forward.   That guy just says shit.  Like a certain president elect.  Just say shit!  And then say something else later.

    Since Watson got hurt I've been saying that they should be playing DTR...so they can know how many QB's they'll have to bring in for next season.  We all love the person that Winston is....but he's NOT a starting QB...and no team has thought he should be in a very long time.  If you want to keep him around as a backup, a locker room guy, and/or a prayer meeting leader, that's fine.  But you've gotta find yourself a starting QB.

    At this point, sure, start DTR.

    But IMO I already know he's so limited in the passing game that I don't see him as anything beyond what he is - a #3 fringe guy. 

    Someone else said it already and I agree, I'd love a completely new QB room for next season. It's not going to happen, but Watson can sit on the bench all season next year as the #3 for all I care. Winston is a decent backup, but his days starting are over. 

    Scrap the RPO nonsense, get some TEs to go with Njoku and go back to Stefanski's offense. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    At this point, sure, start DTR.

    But IMO I already know he's so limited in the passing game that I don't see him as anything beyond what he is - a #3 fringe guy. 

    Well, yeah, we think that we already know.  Unfortunately we squandered the season away on Winston when we could've given DTR the full dose.   I guess one could say that playing DTR over Winston was the right thing to do like losing the rest of our games has been the right thing to do to improve our draft pick.  Both the right and wrong thing at the same time.  One could say that they were in superposition (quantum mechanics).  

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    @syd said:

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    Preacher is based on a comic book which is really good in its own right, imo better than the show. 

    The gist of the story is a demon bangs an angel and it creates a formless powerful entity that must find a host, and it lands in a Texas preacher with a sordid past giving him incredible powers. And it gets weirder from there. 

    I don’t think Jameis quarterbacked very well today. 

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

    @syd said:

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

    I watched and genuinely liked Tulsa King. I’d seen a couple of Stallone’s more recent things and l was beginning to wonder why they keep running him out there like that. The guy’s so botoxed up that parts of his face don’t even move. Talk about stiff acting.

    But they made it work with Tulsa King with a good storyline and solid supporting characters. 

  • Anyone buying into this?

    I think the Browns will be stuck with the highest paid backup QB for the next couple of years.

    IMG_0396.png