Skip to content

Jameis

The Browns Board
32 12 1.3k 1
  • sydS syd

    @syd said:

    Is he a great QB?... Hell no... But you gotta love this kids spirit... I just wish he had Jackson's athleticism with Kosar's brain... He would be deadly...

  • @syd said:

    Is he a great QB?... Hell no... But you gotta love this kids spirit... I just wish he had Jackson's athleticism with Kosar's brain... He would be deadly...

    @nickers said:

    Is he a great QB?... Hell no... But you gotta love this kids spirit... I just wish he had Jackson's athleticism with Kosar's brain... He would be deadly...

    Jackson wishes he had Kosar's brain too!  Having said that, it's tough to blame Jackson for the crack pipe game plan to make sure Derrick Henry isn't on the field for that 2 point conversion attempt or how little he was used that day.  

  • @nickers said:

    Is he a great QB?... Hell no... But you gotta love this kids spirit... I just wish he had Jackson's athleticism with Kosar's brain... He would be deadly...

    Jackson wishes he had Kosar's brain too!  Having said that, it's tough to blame Jackson for the crack pipe game plan to make sure Derrick Henry isn't on the field for that 2 point conversion attempt or how little he was used that day.  

    @flugel said:

    Jackson wishes he had Kosar's brain too!  Having said that, it's tough to blame Jackson for the crack pipe game plan to make sure Derrick Henry isn't on the field for that 2 point conversion attempt or how little he was used that day.  

    If a QB had the athleticism of one of the most athletic players ever coupled with the intelligence of a player who finished college in two years, he'd really be something?

    That's a pretty astute observation from nickers, don't you think? ?

  • I've not always been a fan of his but he seems sincere today and in the few weeks that he's been the Browns quarterback so I'm on board with the guy and wish him all the best. I realize he's auditioning for a starting role with another team and he might well deserve one except for the fact that regardless of the dazzling numbers he puts up the 12 points he gave away yesterday lost the game for us. That's always been his MO. Don't know if any coaching or play calling or any other crap can right that ship.

    At least if we are competing for his services on the open market last night's performance will keep the price down.

    WSS 

  • I've not always been a fan of his but he seems sincere today and in the few weeks that he's been the Browns quarterback so I'm on board with the guy and wish him all the best. I realize he's auditioning for a starting role with another team and he might well deserve one except for the fact that regardless of the dazzling numbers he puts up the 12 points he gave away yesterday lost the game for us. That's always been his MO. Don't know if any coaching or play calling or any other crap can right that ship.

    At least if we are competing for his services on the open market last night's performance will keep the price down.

    WSS 

    @westside-steve said:

    regardless of the dazzling numbers he puts up the 12 points he gave away lost the game for us

    He's a heck of a competitor.  And he's a great guy, which is always good for a team.  I'd love to have him for my backup QB.  

  • So let's take guys like Winston, Brissette, etc., older veterans who never really made it as starting QB's, and never will.  Or the Flacco type that are old and not going to be the future of any team anymore.  I think that most of us would like to have a guy like that on the team, in the QB room, on the sidelines.  And I think that most of us would like to have a third QB on the team.  One that's young and maybe a bit of a development project.  But many times teams only carry two QB's on the roster.  -  I'd like to see the roster expanded to 54 players while mandating that the team must carry 3 QB's on the roster.   That way all 3 QB's are protected.  You can then still carry a long-shot QB on the PS.  In that way there's a spot for the older savvy vet while still having a guy that you think might make a future starter who is protected from PS Poaching.  

  • sydS syd

    @syd said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

  • @syd said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

    @nickers said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Say what you want about his short comings as a passer.... I love this kids attitude... You can tell this kid is gonna be a preacher someday... It just oozes from him... It's in his DNA..

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    @syd said:

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

  • @syd said:

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

    @syd said:

    I tried the first 2 or 3 episodes  , does it get better ?

    Yeah its hilarious and serious at the same time.. I find it well balanced... Neal McDonough is his usual great badass self... I hope they bring him back for season 3

  • @syd said:

    I believe his father was a preacher (speaking of preacher there is a show of that name on netflix,it is bad ass)

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah, I've been meaning to check that out... I just wish there were more epi's of Tulsa King... Love that series...

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    @orion said:

    I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    I prayed for Watson to fall ill.

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    @orion said:

    I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    I prayed for a good dentist visit the other day and it worked!

  • I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    @orion said:

    I love the guy that Winston is.....but ya can't pray for deliverance from throwing pick six's.   You pray for someone's health.  For peace.  For your baby to be born healthy.  For your son or daughter to come home safe.  Stuff like that.  Not for the outcome of a sports game.  An old ex-detective told me that once...and it resonated with me.  

    Pray for nobody to get hurt during the game and go out there and do the best you can.  

    Thoughts and prayers seem to do wonders after every school shooting, for sure.