Going to Vegas in January!
-
Don't get megged at night in the Tunnel of Lights, assuming that is still there.....
we were lucky - undercover policemen roared out of the blackness and surrounded the guy
who insisted we give him our stuff. He was reaching for his back pocket after I said "sorry, we spent if all" (a lie), and got in front of us again. I just moved my Wife behind me.........They surrounded him like bark on a tree after yelling his name and screaming "don't do it". Only another couple was walking around it with us, but they were on the other side. Be careful out there. It was many years ago, though. The one apologized and said they were on the job to keep Vegas visitors safe. Thank God.
Don't get megged at night in the Tunnel of Lights, assuming that is still there.....
we were lucky - undercover policemen roared out of the blackness and surrounded the guy
who insisted we give him our stuff. He was reaching for his back pocket after I said "sorry, we spent if all" (a lie), and got in front of us again. I just moved my Wife behind me.........They surrounded him like bark on a tree after yelling his name and screaming "don't do it". Only another couple was walking around it with us, but they were on the other side. Be careful out there. It was many years ago, though. The one apologized and said they were on the job to keep Vegas visitors safe. Thank God.
Yeah.. I'm a little concerned because Tren De Aragua has invaded Nevada so I'll definitely keep my head on a swivel...
-
Don't get megged at night in the Tunnel of Lights, assuming that is still there.....
we were lucky - undercover policemen roared out of the blackness and surrounded the guy
who insisted we give him our stuff. He was reaching for his back pocket after I said "sorry, we spent if all" (a lie), and got in front of us again. I just moved my Wife behind me.........They surrounded him like bark on a tree after yelling his name and screaming "don't do it". Only another couple was walking around it with us, but they were on the other side. Be careful out there. It was many years ago, though. The one apologized and said they were on the job to keep Vegas visitors safe. Thank God.
Yeah.. I'm a little concerned because Tren De Aragua has invaded Nevada so I'll definitely keep my head on a swivel...
Yeah.. I'm a little concerned because Tren De Aragua has invaded Nevada so I'll definitely keep my head on a swivel...
I hope you are fine - I wouldn't go anywhere at night. It was about 7 undercover policemen that saved the day for us.
I have never forgotten what he looked like - a lot like the character "Jim" on the show taxi.
-
This thread is unintentionally hilarious. ?
-
Hey guys... I'm going to Vegas in January and was curious if anyone had any recommendations on where the good restaurants are... It can be anything from greasy spoons to 5 star quality... I'm very interested to know... A group of 3 of us are going... Thank you in advance...
Hey guys... I'm going to Vegas in January and was curious if anyone had any recommendations on where the good restaurants are... It can be anything from greasy spoons to 5 star quality... I'm very interested to know... A group of 3 of us are going... Thank you in advance...
Sounds like fun Nicks! Looking forward to hearing about it all when you get back. Just in case, bring this with you -
-
Yeah.. I'm a little concerned because Tren De Aragua has invaded Nevada so I'll definitely keep my head on a swivel...
I hope you are fine - I wouldn't go anywhere at night. It was about 7 undercover policemen that saved the day for us.
I have never forgotten what he looked like - a lot like the character "Jim" on the show taxi.
-
I've been there about a half dozen times for bowling tournaments. Only once did we "splurge" on a meal, it was at Lawry's ...excellent steaks/prime rib.
For basic meals, the Promenade area behind the Flamingo & Linc are good stops. Another place we like is Bautista's Hole In The Wall, a good Italian joint.
I've also stayed up by Fremont St. ( Old Vegas) at Main St Station, a great brew pub & hotel. Never dined at the Golden Nugget, but I've heard good things.
Fremont St. is the most fun for me & my group, but might not be for everybody as there's lots of "oh wow" people watching?, but you probably already knew that.
Have fun. Plan on spending too much money, it's pricey out there for meals.
One last thing, which may be of interest, is across from the South Point Hotel & Casino, there's a bar called The Clevelander which has decent food, and the atmosphere is All- Cleveland. Browns, Cavs, Indians, tOSU, even high school pennants are featured. The owners are from the East side, I think Euclid. Good wings, cold beer?
-
I've been there about a half dozen times for bowling tournaments. Only once did we "splurge" on a meal, it was at Lawry's ...excellent steaks/prime rib.
For basic meals, the Promenade area behind the Flamingo & Linc are good stops. Another place we like is Bautista's Hole In The Wall, a good Italian joint.
I've also stayed up by Fremont St. ( Old Vegas) at Main St Station, a great brew pub & hotel. Never dined at the Golden Nugget, but I've heard good things.
Fremont St. is the most fun for me & my group, but might not be for everybody as there's lots of "oh wow" people watching?, but you probably already knew that.
Have fun. Plan on spending too much money, it's pricey out there for meals.
One last thing, which may be of interest, is across from the South Point Hotel & Casino, there's a bar called The Clevelander which has decent food, and the atmosphere is All- Cleveland. Browns, Cavs, Indians, tOSU, even high school pennants are featured. The owners are from the East side, I think Euclid. Good wings, cold beer?
I've been there about a half dozen times for bowling tournaments. Only once did we "splurge" on a meal, it was at Lawry's ...excellent steaks/prime rib.
For basic meals, the Promenade area behind the Flamingo & Linc are good stops. Another place we like is Bautista's Hole In The Wall, a good Italian joint.
I've also stayed up by Fremont St. ( Old Vegas) at Main St Station, a great brew pub & hotel. Never dined at the Golden Nugget, but I've heard good things.
Fremont St. is the most fun for me & my group, but might not be for everybody as there's lots of "oh wow" people watching?, but you probably already knew that.
Have fun. Plan on spending too much money, it's pricey out there for meals.
One last thing, which may be of interest, is across from the South Point Hotel & Casino, there's a bar called The Clevelander which has decent food, and the atmosphere is All- Cleveland. Browns, Cavs, Indians, tOSU, even high school pennants are featured. The owners are from the East side, I think Euclid. Good wings, cold beer?
Thank You!... If they are from Euclid... Chances are I know them . Or, someone related to them...I grew up in Euclid and spent most of my life there until things got too dark. But I know just about everybody from Euclid.. In fact My HS Math teacher Paul Serra was Robert Smiths guardian. He also fielded 10 championship baseball teams for Euclid HS.. I last lived there back in 08 around the time my old man passed.. Ironically were staying in a time share condo behind the Flamingo.. I know a lot of Iconic places were torn down or went defunct... If I'm not mistaken... The Stardust has been one of the recent casualties in the last few years of so... But the list sounds great! At least the temps will be respectable between 55*-60* F!... Looking forward to it...
-
-
-
-
Consider the source, syd. ?Cal definitely needs safe spaces.
Exactly... you can cruise the Strip at almost any hour...
Been a long time, but the food at New York New York was pretty good. Vegas food = pricey.
-
I've been there about a half dozen times for bowling tournaments. Only once did we "splurge" on a meal, it was at Lawry's ...excellent steaks/prime rib.
For basic meals, the Promenade area behind the Flamingo & Linc are good stops. Another place we like is Bautista's Hole In The Wall, a good Italian joint.
I've also stayed up by Fremont St. ( Old Vegas) at Main St Station, a great brew pub & hotel. Never dined at the Golden Nugget, but I've heard good things.
Fremont St. is the most fun for me & my group, but might not be for everybody as there's lots of "oh wow" people watching?, but you probably already knew that.
Have fun. Plan on spending too much money, it's pricey out there for meals.
One last thing, which may be of interest, is across from the South Point Hotel & Casino, there's a bar called The Clevelander which has decent food, and the atmosphere is All- Cleveland. Browns, Cavs, Indians, tOSU, even high school pennants are featured. The owners are from the East side, I think Euclid. Good wings, cold beer?
Thank You!... If they are from Euclid... Chances are I know them . Or, someone related to them...I grew up in Euclid and spent most of my life there until things got too dark. But I know just about everybody from Euclid.. In fact My HS Math teacher Paul Serra was Robert Smiths guardian. He also fielded 10 championship baseball teams for Euclid HS.. I last lived there back in 08 around the time my old man passed.. Ironically were staying in a time share condo behind the Flamingo.. I know a lot of Iconic places were torn down or went defunct... If I'm not mistaken... The Stardust has been one of the recent casualties in the last few years of so... But the list sounds great! At least the temps will be respectable between 55*-60* F!... Looking forward to it...
Thank You!... If they are from Euclid... Chances are I know them . Or, someone related to them...I grew up in Euclid and spent most of my life there until things got too dark. But I know just about everybody from Euclid.. In fact My HS Math teacher Paul Serra was Robert Smiths guardian. He also fielded 10 championship baseball teams for Euclid HS.. I last lived there back in 08 around the time my old man passed.. Ironically were staying in a time share condo behind the Flamingo.. I know a lot of Iconic places were torn down or went defunct... If I'm not mistaken... The Stardust has been one of the recent casualties in the last few years of so... But the list sounds great! At least the temps will be respectable between 55*-60* F!... Looking forward to it...
Well, when we were there, it was a lot of years ago. They had an M&M 3-D movie, Stayed at Treasure Island, watched the pirate ship show - it may not be there anymore. Stayed at Excalibur once - saw that show.
about crime: (just be careful out there) Have fun !
Aerial view looking south down the Las Vegas Strip at sunset on Monday, December 6, 2021. ... and a melee in Encore at Wynn Las Vegas. "We had some unique crime waves that were hitting Las Vegas ...***************************************************The Safest and Most Dangerous Places in Las Vegas, NV: Crime Maps and Statistics
-
My kid and girlfriend are going there between Xmas and N.Y. with money they made selling the A&M vs Texas tickets I gave them. Fortunately the kid has 30+ years Kung Fu training and teaches it to my grandson and others. If I go back to Vegas I'll get lessons from the kid first. I stay away from Austin at night for sure. Don't want to have to shoot anybody.
-
Thank You!... If they are from Euclid... Chances are I know them . Or, someone related to them...I grew up in Euclid and spent most of my life there until things got too dark. But I know just about everybody from Euclid.. In fact My HS Math teacher Paul Serra was Robert Smiths guardian. He also fielded 10 championship baseball teams for Euclid HS.. I last lived there back in 08 around the time my old man passed.. Ironically were staying in a time share condo behind the Flamingo.. I know a lot of Iconic places were torn down or went defunct... If I'm not mistaken... The Stardust has been one of the recent casualties in the last few years of so... But the list sounds great! At least the temps will be respectable between 55*-60* F!... Looking forward to it...
Well, when we were there, it was a lot of years ago. They had an M&M 3-D movie, Stayed at Treasure Island, watched the pirate ship show - it may not be there anymore. Stayed at Excalibur once - saw that show.
about crime: (just be careful out there) Have fun !
Aerial view looking south down the Las Vegas Strip at sunset on Monday, December 6, 2021. ... and a melee in Encore at Wynn Las Vegas. "We had some unique crime waves that were hitting Las Vegas ...***************************************************The Safest and Most Dangerous Places in Las Vegas, NV: Crime Maps and Statistics
Well, when we were there, it was a lot of years ago. They had an M&M 3-D movie, Stayed at Treasure Island, watched the pirate ship show - it may not be there anymore. Stayed at Excalibur once - saw that show.
about crime: (just be careful out there) Have fun !
Aerial view looking south down the Las Vegas Strip at sunset on Monday, December 6, 2021. ... and a melee in Encore at Wynn Las Vegas. "We had some unique crime waves that were hitting Las Vegas ...***************************************************The Safest and Most Dangerous Places in Las Vegas, NV: Crime Maps and Statistics
Highlights
- Las Vegas has 44% less violent crime than Cleveland.
- Las Vegas has 42% less property crime than Cleveland.Cleveland, OH Las Vegas, NV United States Violent Crime 72.5 40.9 22.7 Property Crime 74.5 43.4 35.4 Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
-
Jesus, this thread is the gift that keeps giving.
I can't wait until nickers comes back from Vegas, even though I've been warned that I should be careful of what I wish for because AnYtiMe, AnyPlACe! ?
-
Gambling is one of the few vices l never got much in to, so Vegas isn’t really a top destination for me and l’ve never been.
I do like shows though and wining and dining is certainly fun, so maybe at some point l’ll pay a visit. I know they have world class entertainment there. The B-52s are doing a residency there at the Venetian at some point. They are on my bucket list, but why anyone would name their establishment after blinds is a weird one to me.
-
Well, when we were there, it was a lot of years ago. They had an M&M 3-D movie, Stayed at Treasure Island, watched the pirate ship show - it may not be there anymore. Stayed at Excalibur once - saw that show.
about crime: (just be careful out there) Have fun !
Aerial view looking south down the Las Vegas Strip at sunset on Monday, December 6, 2021. ... and a melee in Encore at Wynn Las Vegas. "We had some unique crime waves that were hitting Las Vegas ...***************************************************The Safest and Most Dangerous Places in Las Vegas, NV: Crime Maps and Statistics
Highlights
- Las Vegas has 44% less violent crime than Cleveland.
- Las Vegas has 42% less property crime than Cleveland.Cleveland, OH Las Vegas, NV United States Violent Crime 72.5 40.9 22.7 Property Crime 74.5 43.4 35.4 Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
Highlights
- Las Vegas has 44% less violent crime than Cleveland.
- Las Vegas has 42% less property crime than Cleveland.Cleveland, OH Las Vegas, NV United States Violent Crime 72.5 40.9 22.7 Property Crime 74.5 43.4 35.4 Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
yeah, I saw where cleveland is one of America's most dangerous cities. Didn't surprise me. It was 7th on the list I saw.
I was making a point that Vegas can have problems, but they have worked on them bigtime.
Cleveland - nope.
-
Highlights
- Las Vegas has 44% less violent crime than Cleveland.
- Las Vegas has 42% less property crime than Cleveland.Cleveland, OH Las Vegas, NV United States Violent Crime 72.5 40.9 22.7 Property Crime 74.5 43.4 35.4 Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
yeah, I saw where cleveland is one of America's most dangerous cities. Didn't surprise me. It was 7th on the list I saw.
I was making a point that Vegas can have problems, but they have worked on them bigtime.
Cleveland - nope.
yeah, I saw where cleveland is one of America's most dangerous cities. Didn't surprise me. It was 7th on the list I saw.
I was making a point that Vegas can have problems, but they have worked on them bigtime.
Cleveland - nope.
All the trouble and violence has mostly been in Blue Cities... I'll expound on this in the proper Forum...
-
Just stick to the strip, not the ends or off strip and you will be fine. Obviously if you are out late and not many people are around that could be a different story.
Take a cab at night if you are venturing far from your hotel. I just stick to my hotel after dark. All offer security and all have fine casinos and fine restaurants. I like staying at Paris or Ballys. The two are connected so you never really have any reason to venture outside. Paris has a few excellent restaurants and a A+ buffet, especially the breakfast buffet.
Paris is located central strip, so if you do walk you are kind of in the middle of things. We also like Bellagio, which is across the street from Paris. Paris is less expensive, so we stay there when we plan on hitting some of the expensive touring acts and Bellagio when it is just for casino action and restaurant dining.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login