Mangini WTF?
-
I think you guys are being a bit harsh on Mangini... I mean besides determining that the team was better off with Quinn and Anderson rather than Mark Sanchez, and aside from the fact that he just trashed the confidence of both QBs and besides the fact that he's quickly amassed a long list of players in the locker room who can't stand him given his stupid fines, posturing, and needless bus trips to Hartford and the fact that free agents won't play for Mangini if they paid them double what other teams offer and aside from the fact that his kicker is sitting out the game in protest of his contract, what has Mangini done that's been so bad?
OK... maybe you have a point. Jim Zorn should be available soon. I'm sure Randy Lerner's prepared to make a quick lucrative offer so he doesn't "get away" like he did with Mangini when he was fired.
-
MY wife who is as football challenged as they come was like" what the hell are they doing? they are going to lose anyways that guy who makes the decisions just destroyed that kids self esteem" Meaning quinn.
In my slightly inebriated state I looked at her confused that she actually was watching the game to even notice....
either way DA was in no position to start slinging the ball nonstop against the Ravens when they know it..... good god... that was mortifying to watch the train run into the wall.... The shots of Brady were even worse..... the kid gets yanked mid game just screams NO one has any stability....... and desperation.
MY wife who is as football challenged as they come was like" what the hell are they doing? they are going to lose anyways that guy who makes the decisions just destroyed that kids self esteem" Meaning quinn.
In my slightly inebriated state I looked at her confused that she actually was watching the game to even notice....
either way DA was in no position to start slinging the ball nonstop against the Ravens when they know it..... good god... that was mortifying to watch the train run into the wall.... The shots of Brady were even worse..... the kid gets yanked mid game just screams NO one has any stability....... and desperation.
I agree....but really, that guy needs a haircut...is he going for the Nick Nolte look?
Guy looks like a Gomer with that Lancelot hair style.
-
SUPERBOWL!
SUPERBOWL!
-
It's threads like this that make me believe we DESERVE this kind of play and coaching.
-
I think we need a whole makeover. I feel the problem with the coaching is that we give up and change starters too quickly. If we stuck with the same QB and worked with him I think they would be much more successful. That's what I would do.
Go Cavs!! Lol
-
I applaude him for not throwing the season away but you dont do BQ or DA ANY justice doing what he did in a game we were going to clearly lose anyways......
I agree. He needed to wait until next week.
It allows Quinn to take him lumps off camera and allow DA to have the game rather than be in a mop up situation where the D knows he is in there to throw.
The move wasn't bad, but the timing was.
I guess it's just proof that the switch never should have happened.
And proof that QB is not were we should be laying all the blame in the first place. Some think it made Quinn and Anderson look bad, but I argue that we finally see the proof that the team is bad regardless of who you place at QB.
When you show the whole fan base that it's not a QB's fault, then who else does the blame fall on?
I agree. He needed to wait until next week.
It allows Quinn to take him lumps off camera and allow DA to have the game rather than be in a mop up situation where the D knows he is in there to throw.
The move wasn't bad, but the timing was.
-
It's threads like this that make me believe we DESERVE this kind of play and coaching.
It's threads like this that make me believe we DESERVE this kind of play and coaching.
no thats not it legacy, you are just transferring your college football frustration from watching ND barely compete against the bottom of the big ten.... lmao
Wait maybe we should hire Charlie Weis as our next head coach... lol
-
I think he owed the fans and the rest of the players a change at QB. If one guy is having a bad game at RT wouldn't you sub for him? If a running back is having a bad game wouldn't you sub for him?
I think he owed the fans and the rest of the players a change at QB. If one guy is having a bad game at RT wouldn't you sub for him? If a running back is having a bad game wouldn't you sub for him?
No. St Clair got DESTROYED last week and they didn't even give him HELP, much less replace him.
Oh the irony of this post is soooo delicious.
-
@inspecta said:
Holy crap, my wife said the same thing....oh well...Your kids must be taking a bunch of beatings lately. LOL....
-
Mike Shanahan !
-
Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....
-
It has been well documented that I am pro DA anti BQ but even I thought it was a bad idea. The game was lost. Why not let Quinn ride it out? ALso, it looks as if Quinn is done and even I think its too soon. You need to make ansolutely sure before you end his career.
Mangini was asked about the change and he said something like "it was a locker room decision". Does that mean the players revolted?
Also, although I don't agree with Mangini's decision today, I do trust him as a coach. He probably has a good reason for it that he will never tell us. MAybe that 1st and 10 QB sneak was Brady's ad-lib and Mangini said "uh-uh homey" and realled in the leash.
-
Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....
Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....
Exactly why I still have faith in the guy. I have to belive he knows waaaay more than all of us combined.
-
It's threads like this that make me believe we DESERVE this kind of play and coaching.
no thats not it legacy, you are just transferring your college football frustration from watching ND barely compete against the bottom of the big ten.... lmao
Wait maybe we should hire Charlie Weis as our next head coach... lol
no thats not it legacy, you are just transferring your college football frustration from watching ND barely compete against the bottom of the big ten.... lmao
Wait maybe we should hire Charlie Weis as our next head coach... lol
The bottom of the Big 10?
I probably hate Michigan more than you, but I can't wait til they stomp anOSU this season. Because they will. Maybe we can finally have a real championship game this year rather than watching Tressel and the boys MAC their way into another BCS bowl.
And I also hope we draft Jimmy Clausen at #1 next year, just to give you another 6 months of purpose.
-
Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....
Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....
good point, this gives me some hope!

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login