Skip to content

Nick Chubb Season Over

The Browns Board
17 9 770
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Broke his foot in second half vs Chiefs

  • Broke his foot in second half vs Chiefs

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #2

    @dutch-oven said:

    Broke his foot in second half vs Chiefs

    Feel bad for the guy. If memory serves me right, Barkley had a 1 or 2 year stretch where he blew out his knee and had some other set backs.  My guess is it's easier to bounce back when you're young like Chubb already did with his knee injury/surgical repairs back at Georgia.  Again, worth noting about knee injuries - depending on the extent of damage, it used to typically take 2 full years before you'd see the injured player back to 90-100% pre-injury form. As this year got going and Chubb seemed to be averaging well below is usual 5.3 to 5.6 yards per carry - I was thinking we're halfway to the 2 year time line.  Now this but it's a fracture so it should heal.  

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I hope we sigh him, but it can't be for much money.  At this point I'd say there is a 75% chance the guy is pretty much done.

  • I hope we sigh him, but it can't be for much money.  At this point I'd say there is a 75% chance the guy is pretty much done.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @ballpeen said:

    I hope we sigh him, but it can't be for much money.  At this point I'd say there is a 75% chance the guy is pretty much done.

    I'd like to see him brought back on an incentive heavy contract.  He'll be two years removed from that knee injury.  If you see during training camp and preseason that you have better RB's and there's no room for him, then you can part ways with him with a clear conscience.  For what he's done and given to this organization, he probably deserves that type of respect, at least.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #5

    fitzpatrick tried a chubb hit on saquan yesterday

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #6

    GrossI: Did you consider shutting down Chubb for the year prior to this injury?

    Stefanski: No.

    Grossi: Why not?

    Stefanski: Why?

  • GrossI: Did you consider shutting down Chubb for the year prior to this injury?

    Stefanski: No.

    Grossi: Why not?

    Stefanski: Why?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @vaportrail said:

    GrossI: Did you consider shutting down Chubb for the year prior to this injury?

    Stefanski: No.

    Grossi: Why not?

    Stefanski: Why?

    Great answer by Stef.  I mean really?!  Then why not shut down Bitonio, Garrett, Ward?  Hell, why not just close the doors and go home for the rest of the season?  

    Really Tony, that was a dumb question.

  • @vaportrail said:

    GrossI: Did you consider shutting down Chubb for the year prior to this injury?

    Stefanski: No.

    Grossi: Why not?

    Stefanski: Why?

    Great answer by Stef.  I mean really?!  Then why not shut down Bitonio, Garrett, Ward?  Hell, why not just close the doors and go home for the rest of the season?  

    Really Tony, that was a dumb question.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @orion said:

    Great answer by Stef.  I mean really?!  Then why not shut down Bitonio, Garrett, Ward?  Hell, why not just close the doors and go home for the rest of the season?  

    Really Tony, that was a dumb question.

    I think so too.  When it comes to the media, controversy always seems to recruit more interest/readers.  If Stef wasn't playing Chubb - who do you think would be his biggest critic about it?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #9

    Speaking of Grossi, I really miss the weekly Browns show that Jimmy Donovan, Grossi and Dieken had. It was on the cable station that runs the Guardians games.

    Maybe a reboot with Andre Knott (he would host a later week version of the show solo), Grossi and maybe Joe Thomas? 

    Edit: Nevermind of Thomas, he lives in Wisconsin, not here. I'd be cool with a "floating" third guy. I like the guys on the Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show, for example. Jerod Cherry is a local guy too. 

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Hope we getting our Chubby back next season!

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Will forever love Nick Chubb for what he's meant to the Browns. Before the Shittsburgh acl cheapshot, this guy was averaging 5.3 yards a carry for his career which is unreal. I would love to get him back if he can give us a discount....and I doubt there will be a huge market for him. He's either washed and will be more of a short yardage back, or like flugel said sometimes these injuries can take two years to recover - I'm not too optimistic....but if anyone can do it, it's Chubb.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I hope we sigh him, but it can't be for much money.  At this point I'd say there is a 75% chance the guy is pretty much done.

    I'd like to see him brought back on an incentive heavy contract.  He'll be two years removed from that knee injury.  If you see during training camp and preseason that you have better RB's and there's no room for him, then you can part ways with him with a clear conscience.  For what he's done and given to this organization, he probably deserves that type of respect, at least.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @orion said:

    I'd like to see him brought back on an incentive heavy contract.  He'll be two years removed from that knee injury.  If you see during training camp and preseason that you have better RB's and there's no room for him, then you can part ways with him with a clear conscience.  For what he's done and given to this organization, he probably deserves that type of respect, at least.

    I agree.  When i say for not much money, I don't mean league minimum, nothing else possible.

    I am as hopeful that Nick returns and plays to his old form as much as everybody on the board.  I just have my doubts.

  • N Nick Garrett wrote on last edited by
    #13

    This sucks so bad for Chubb, even though he’s from Georgia, he is Cleveland. Forever a Brown, hope he re signs  and doesn’t resign even if the results aren’t the same. Few are like Saint Nick.

  • This sucks so bad for Chubb, even though he’s from Georgia, he is Cleveland. Forever a Brown, hope he re signs  and doesn’t resign even if the results aren’t the same. Few are like Saint Nick.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nick-garrett said:

    Few are like Saint Nick.

    That's a good one.  And spot on.

  • @orion said:

    I'd like to see him brought back on an incentive heavy contract.  He'll be two years removed from that knee injury.  If you see during training camp and preseason that you have better RB's and there's no room for him, then you can part ways with him with a clear conscience.  For what he's done and given to this organization, he probably deserves that type of respect, at least.

    I agree.  When i say for not much money, I don't mean league minimum, nothing else possible.

    I am as hopeful that Nick returns and plays to his old form as much as everybody on the board.  I just have my doubts.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree.  When i say for not much money, I don't mean league minimum, nothing else possible.

    I am as hopeful that Nick returns and plays to his old form as much as everybody on the board.  I just have my doubts.

    It's hard not to have doubts at this point.   That said, if anyone can do it - It would be Chubb.  

    Not that this applies to Nick Chubb just yet; but the leading cause for injury in old men - is them thinking they are still young men.  

  • @ballpeen said:

    I agree.  When i say for not much money, I don't mean league minimum, nothing else possible.

    I am as hopeful that Nick returns and plays to his old form as much as everybody on the board.  I just have my doubts.

    It's hard not to have doubts at this point.   That said, if anyone can do it - It would be Chubb.  

    Not that this applies to Nick Chubb just yet; but the leading cause for injury in old men - is them thinking they are still young men.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @flugel said:

    the leading cause for injury in old men - is them thinking they are still young men.

    I'll second that!  🙂  

  • Speaking of Grossi, I really miss the weekly Browns show that Jimmy Donovan, Grossi and Dieken had. It was on the cable station that runs the Guardians games.

    Maybe a reboot with Andre Knott (he would host a later week version of the show solo), Grossi and maybe Joe Thomas? 

    Edit: Nevermind of Thomas, he lives in Wisconsin, not here. I'd be cool with a "floating" third guy. I like the guys on the Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show, for example. Jerod Cherry is a local guy too. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of Grossi, I really miss the weekly Browns show that Jimmy Donovan, Grossi and Dieken had. It was on the cable station that runs the Guardians games.

    Maybe a reboot with Andre Knott (he would host a later week version of the show solo), Grossi and maybe Joe Thomas? 

    Edit: Nevermind of Thomas, he lives in Wisconsin, not here. I'd be cool with a "floating" third guy. I like the guys on the Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show, for example. Jerod Cherry is a local guy too. 

    i watched that on direct every week