Kirk Cousins?
-
Thoughts on the few games Zinter started?
I thought he belonged on the bench. But that's just me.
-
Thoughts on the few games Zinter started?
Well, when Pro Bowl RG Wyatt Teller was his age he didn't play at all so keep this in mind with NFL Linemen. How quickly they develop tends to vary especially inside when an OG can face a stout 340 pound DT with ideal leverage.
To answer your question, he looked promising. Most of his mistakes seemed to be more cognitive than physical. That said, he was the guy that left the Ohio State - Michigan game with a brutal lower leg injury. It was amazing he was cleared for contact at the onset of training camp. I think he's going to be very solid and ready to start the day Bitonio retires. That may be sooner than some people think.
Don't forget we're getting Luke Wypler back healthy next year. That's right, the Wypler Snapper who can also can also play Guard. I thought it was an absolute steal getting him in round 6.
Well, when Pro Bowl RG Wyatt Teller was his age he didn't play at all so keep this in mind with NFL Linemen. How quickly they develop tends to vary especially inside when an OG can face a stout 340 pound DT with ideal leverage.
To answer your question, he looked promising. Most of his mistakes seemed to be more cognitive than physical. That said, he was the guy that left the Ohio State - Michigan game with a brutal lower leg injury. It was amazing he was cleared for contact at the onset of training camp. I think he's going to be very solid and ready to start the day Bitonio retires. That may be sooner than some people think.
Don't forget we're getting Luke Wypler back healthy next year. That's right, the Wypler Snapper who can also can also play Guard. I thought it was an absolute steal getting him in round 6.
Ohio State will have Left Tackle in Josh Simmons, a mid/late first round prospect too.
-
Well, when Pro Bowl RG Wyatt Teller was his age he didn't play at all so keep this in mind with NFL Linemen. How quickly they develop tends to vary especially inside when an OG can face a stout 340 pound DT with ideal leverage.
To answer your question, he looked promising. Most of his mistakes seemed to be more cognitive than physical. That said, he was the guy that left the Ohio State - Michigan game with a brutal lower leg injury. It was amazing he was cleared for contact at the onset of training camp. I think he's going to be very solid and ready to start the day Bitonio retires. That may be sooner than some people think.
Don't forget we're getting Luke Wypler back healthy next year. That's right, the Wypler Snapper who can also can also play Guard. I thought it was an absolute steal getting him in round 6.
Ohio State will have Left Tackle in Josh Simmons, a mid/late first round prospect too.
Ohio State will have Left Tackle in Josh Simmons, a mid/late first round prospect too.
Good point. And he'd be a guy they could trade back for.
-
Ohio State will have Left Tackle in Josh Simmons, a mid/late first round prospect too.
Good point. And he'd be a guy they could trade back for.
-
Or up for...
Maybe a slight trade back with the (now) 7th overall pick, then a trade up from a high second rounder back into the first for Simmons?
It boggles the mind FLugs!
Let the board come to you. Simmons was pretty good, then had a season ending knee injury. I'm not too apt trading up form players with significant injury history that take such contact every play. Even if they are Buckeyes staying home.
-
Thoughts on the few games Zinter started?
I'm doing a recap on the rookies after the season is over, I'll be charting all their snap. So I'll get back to you on that.
-
Thoughts on the few games Zinter started?
I'm doing a recap on the rookies after the season is over, I'll be charting all their snap. So I'll get back to you on that.
-
Or up for...
Maybe a slight trade back with the (now) 7th overall pick, then a trade up from a high second rounder back into the first for Simmons?
It boggles the mind FLugs!
I hear ya - just keep it nourished with cold beer.
We should get a good look at Simmons tonight; and it sounds like he will be tested.
-
Or up for...
Maybe a slight trade back with the (now) 7th overall pick, then a trade up from a high second rounder back into the first for Simmons?
It boggles the mind FLugs!
I hear ya - just keep it nourished with cold beer.
We should get a good look at Simmons tonight; and it sounds like he will be tested.
-
Simmons had a season ending injury sometime before the Penn State game
Ready for this? He was lost for the year in the Oregon Game. That's me and you being really on top of it all. Yeah, we got it covered.
-
Simmons had a season ending injury sometime before the Penn State game
Ready for this? He was lost for the year in the Oregon Game. That's me and you being really on top of it all. Yeah, we got it covered.
When he was lost, Donovan Jackson began sliding over to LT out of pure necessity. That's the lineman from tOSU people aren't talking about enough. While he wasn't great in pass pro, he was still serviceable in the time of need and mauls in the running game. Reminds me of Yanda a bit.
-
Simmons had a season ending injury sometime before the Penn State game
Ready for this? He was lost for the year in the Oregon Game. That's me and you being really on top of it all. Yeah, we got it covered.
When he was lost, Donovan Jackson began sliding over to LT out of pure necessity. That's the lineman from tOSU people aren't talking about enough. While he wasn't great in pass pro, he was still serviceable in the time of need and mauls in the running game. Reminds me of Yanda a bit.
When he was lost, Donovan Jackson began sliding over to LT out of pure necessity. That's the lineman from tOSU people aren't talking about enough. While he wasn't great in pass pro, he was still serviceable in the time of need and mauls in the running game. Reminds me of Yanda a bit.
Pertinent to tonight, if TN's strength is their pass rush - RUN the ball down their esophagus! More specifically with your term I bolded above MAUL them.
-
-
Browns make a lot of sense given Stefanski.
With all the bad things about this team I'd feel much better with Cousins on the team. Maybe it would convince Myles to stay. Hope we can work it out.
-
Browns make a lot of sense given Stefanski.
With all the bad things about this team I'd feel much better with Cousins on the team. Maybe it would convince Myles to stay. Hope we can work it out.
Browns make a lot of sense given Stefanski.
With all the bad things about this team I'd feel much better with Cousins on the team. Maybe it would convince Myles to stay. Hope we can work it out.
He ain't my Cousin but he CAN be my QB. We can also draft a QB like Kyle McCord in a mid-late round that doesn't have to start immediately. Hear me out, I saw 3 of his games QBing Syracuse in just his 2nd year starting. He looked way better then he looked at OSU. The last time I remember Syracuse winning 9 or more games was when they had Donovan McNabb fwiw. Last but not least, Syracuse is on TV next Friday against Washington State at 7:30pm. If he looks like he did at Ohio State - you never read this okay?
-
Browns make a lot of sense given Stefanski.
With all the bad things about this team I'd feel much better with Cousins on the team. Maybe it would convince Myles to stay. Hope we can work it out.
He ain't my Cousin but he CAN be my QB. We can also draft a QB like Kyle McCord in a mid-late round that doesn't have to start immediately. Hear me out, I saw 3 of his games QBing Syracuse in just his 2nd year starting. He looked way better then he looked at OSU. The last time I remember Syracuse winning 9 or more games was when they had Donovan McNabb fwiw. Last but not least, Syracuse is on TV next Friday against Washington State at 7:30pm. If he looks like he did at Ohio State - you never read this okay?
He ain't my Cousin but he CAN be my QB. We can also draft a QB like Kyle McCord in a mid-late round that doesn't have to start immediately. Hear me out, I saw 3 of his games QBing Syracuse in just his 2nd year starting. He looked way better then he looked at OSU. The last time I remember Syracuse winning 9 or more games was when they had Donovan McNabb fwiw. Last but not least, Syracuse is on TV next Friday against Washington State at 7:30pm. If he looks like he did at Ohio State - you never read this okay?
I don't know if Cousins would even want to come here at this point.
As per McCord - I am impressed as well. Syracuse has been a shit show until this year. I'd still take Beck as the best of the rest QBs tho.
-
Kirk and stefanski pairing is so perfect and makes so much sense, which is why they won’t do it.
It’ll be Watson and (incompetent backup). Maybe DTR again even though he’s one of the worst QBs we’ve fielded since 99’, likable kid though
-
As I said in another thread, the Browns cannot take him because they cannot figure out who gets the 3 first round picks
-
And apropos of nothing in this thread, guess who coaches North Carolina in the Fenway Bowl in about an hour while Billy B sits in the wings before becoming HC for 2025? Yep, none other than a guy he has hired for his staff, Freddie Kitchens. Oh, the irony because he had 6 wins in his only Browns season as HC.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login