Skip to content

A 2025 Mock Draft - 1st Round

The Browns Board
92 10 2.7k
  • @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    @flugel said:

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

  • I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    On paper, he checks a lot of boxes. He's got the size, he's got the arm, he's got the ability to run when the opportunity presents itself.

    But there's just something missing with him on the field. He doesn't seem to play confident.

    That being said, he's going back to Penn State and he'll definitely be someone I'll keep an eye on, because he's got a lot of positives. 

  • @flugel said:

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

  • @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    On paper, he checks a lot of boxes. He's got the size, he's got the arm, he's got the ability to run when the opportunity presents itself.

    But there's just something missing with him on the field. He doesn't seem to play confident.

    That being said, he's going back to Penn State and he'll definitely be someone I'll keep an eye on, because he's got a lot of positives. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    But there's just something missing with him on the field. He doesn't seem to play confident.

    Yep, a one-read guy it seems.

    I agree though, the tools are there. He could improve with time, or he could be Brandon Weeden.

  • A AP1

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

    @ap1 said:

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

    I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.

  • @ap1 said:

    Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.

    I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.

    Maybe it's fresh in my mind because of the ruling this week, where the Vandy player won the court case where his JUCO years didn't take away from his NCAA eligibility. 

  • @flugel said:

    ?  We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky.  Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today.  I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience.  I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago.  However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon.  As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?

    It sure seemed like it.  Could you imagine if he got red-shirted at Oregon?  

  • I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.

  • @bob806 said:

    I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.

    It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.

    LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.

    @calfoxwc said:

    LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.

    It will be interesting watching him play vs Boise St. 

    Against tOSU, he was basically horrible. I have no idea if Boise St. can hang with PSU, but we will find out. If PSU survives, they have the Georgia-ND winner, two good defensive teams. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.

    It will be interesting watching him play vs Boise St. 

    Against tOSU, he was basically horrible. I have no idea if Boise St. can hang with PSU, but we will find out. If PSU survives, they have the Georgia-ND winner, two good defensive teams. 

    @bob806 said:

    It will be interesting watching him play vs Boise St. 

    Against tOSU, he was basically horrible. I have no idea if Boise St. can hang with PSU, but we will find out. If PSU survives, they have the Georgia-ND winner, two good defensive teams. 

    He did have a terrible time - the announcers were remarking that his wr's couldn't get open. On the site I referred to earlier, his top wr is listed on the third page of wr's available to be in the draft - about #37 I think it was. His TE gets a lot of looks because of it, I figure - Warren is fun to watch - and I saw him mock drafted about #12 overall, which makes my stupid mock draft "stupider".

      It's going to be an interesting game to watch  - how Boise St. plays Tyler Warren - Boise has a cb who is 6-2 and is so good, Allar has to watch out for him every play, I think.

  • A AP1

    @dutch-oven said:

    I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.

    Maybe it's fresh in my mind because of the ruling this week, where the Vandy player won the court case where his JUCO years didn't take away from his NCAA eligibility. 

    @ap1 said:

    Maybe it's fresh in my mind because of the ruling this week, where the Vandy player won the court case where his JUCO years didn't take away from his NCAA eligibility. 

    Speaking of which, have you seen Pavia play QB?   That guy can Houdini up some serious magic for his offense.  The problem is they also have to play defense in the SEC and Vandy isn't always up for that.  

  • https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/43195450/georgia-qb-carson-beck-declares-2025-nfl-draft

    Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft. 

    It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft. 

  • https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/43195450/georgia-qb-carson-beck-declares-2025-nfl-draft

    Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft. 

    It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/43195450/georgia-qb-carson-beck-declares-2025-nfl-draft

    Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft. 

    It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft. 

    If we can get him in the second then I'm in. In the end it doesn't matter much as the Browns are where QB careers die. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/43195450/georgia-qb-carson-beck-declares-2025-nfl-draft

    Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft. 

    It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft. 

    If we can get him in the second then I'm in. In the end it doesn't matter much as the Browns are where QB careers die. 

    @usfbrown said:

    If we can get him in the second then I'm in. 

    He's someone I was interested in early on, but he had a really bad stretch in the middle of the season that needs figured out. 

    I think he'll be available at the top of the 2nd (that being said, QBs are over-drafted all the time) and I would still look hard at him if I was the Browns. 

  • At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.

    But they will probably draft on the defensive line.

  • At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.

    But they will probably draft on the defensive line.

    @calfoxwc said:

    At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.

    But they will probably draft on the defensive line.

    Those aren't bad ideas.  The only thing that would stun me is Tom Brady wanting him any part of playing for this organization especially in his 40s.  That said, he is part/minority owner of the Raiders and he might be open to throwing to guys like the 2 young TEs  Brock Bowers (1st Rd from UGA 2024) and Michael Mayer (2nd Rd from ND 2023). Now, they would be in prime position to draft 2 way starter Travis Touchdown Turner from Color-adoo.

    I have an idea for the Browns for a QB in a mid-late round.  I just watched 2nd year starter Kyle McCord lead Syracuse to a 10-3 record at SU punctuated with a Bowl win where he went 24 of 34 for 453 yards and 5 TD passes.  Not for nothing, he only lost 1 start in his first year starting at Ohio State.  He broke the single season record for passing yards in the ACC in only 13 games (compared to the previous record holder that needed 15 games).

    This is what I found in Google for the specifics of this 2 year starter - McCord finished his season with 4,779 yards, the highest mark among FBS passers, as well as 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Friday’s win against Washington State marked the seventh time he threw for at least 350 yards in a game this season, a feat he never accomplished at Ohio State.

    Yes, this wouldn't be a guy the Browns should start day 1; but learning from a guy like Flacco or an equivalent could work quite well IMO.  And for Heaven sakes - can we draft a LT that LIKES his profession? I like the Josh Simmons idea but he's another Tackle coming off a season ending injury like we had going on with both our tackles this year.  We should be able to get a pick of the litter. 

  • @usfbrown said:

    If we can get him in the second then I'm in. 

    He's someone I was interested in early on, but he had a really bad stretch in the middle of the season that needs figured out. 

    I think he'll be available at the top of the 2nd (that being said, QBs are over-drafted all the time) and I would still look hard at him if I was the Browns. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He's someone I was interested in early on, but he had a really bad stretch in the middle of the season that needs figured out. 

    I think he'll be available at the top of the 2nd (that being said, QBs are over-drafted all the time) and I would still look hard at him if I was the Browns. 

    He certainly had a terrible stretch. However Georgia was the top or near it for dropped passes. The receivers had trouble separating. Not saying he's innocent but his team didn't help him out. I think the potential is there. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.

    But they will probably draft on the defensive line.

    Those aren't bad ideas.  The only thing that would stun me is Tom Brady wanting him any part of playing for this organization especially in his 40s.  That said, he is part/minority owner of the Raiders and he might be open to throwing to guys like the 2 young TEs  Brock Bowers (1st Rd from UGA 2024) and Michael Mayer (2nd Rd from ND 2023). Now, they would be in prime position to draft 2 way starter Travis Touchdown Turner from Color-adoo.

    I have an idea for the Browns for a QB in a mid-late round.  I just watched 2nd year starter Kyle McCord lead Syracuse to a 10-3 record at SU punctuated with a Bowl win where he went 24 of 34 for 453 yards and 5 TD passes.  Not for nothing, he only lost 1 start in his first year starting at Ohio State.  He broke the single season record for passing yards in the ACC in only 13 games (compared to the previous record holder that needed 15 games).

    This is what I found in Google for the specifics of this 2 year starter - McCord finished his season with 4,779 yards, the highest mark among FBS passers, as well as 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Friday’s win against Washington State marked the seventh time he threw for at least 350 yards in a game this season, a feat he never accomplished at Ohio State.

    Yes, this wouldn't be a guy the Browns should start day 1; but learning from a guy like Flacco or an equivalent could work quite well IMO.  And for Heaven sakes - can we draft a LT that LIKES his profession? I like the Josh Simmons idea but he's another Tackle coming off a season ending injury like we had going on with both our tackles this year.  We should be able to get a pick of the litter. 

    @flugel said:

    Those aren't bad ideas.  The only thing that would stun me is Tom Brady wanting him any part of playing for this organization especially in his 40s.  That said, he is part/minority owner of the Raiders and he might be open to throwing to guys like the 2 young TEs  Brock Bowers (1st Rd from UGA 2024) and Michael Mayer (2nd Rd from ND 2023). Now, they would be in prime position to draft 2 way starter Travis Touchdown Turner from Color-adoo.

    I have an idea for the Browns for a QB in a mid-late round.  I just watched 2nd year starter Kyle McCord lead Syracuse to a 10-3 record at SU punctuated with a Bowl win where he went 24 of 34 for 453 yards and 5 TD passes.  Not for nothing, he only lost 1 start in his first year starting at Ohio State.  He broke the single season record for passing yards in the ACC in only 13 games (compared to the previous record holder that needed 15 games).

    This is what I found in Google for the specifics of this 2 year starter - McCord finished his season with 4,779 yards, the highest mark among FBS passers, as well as 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Friday’s win against Washington State marked the seventh time he threw for at least 350 yards in a game this season, a feat he never accomplished at Ohio State.

    Yes, this wouldn't be a guy the Browns should start day 1; but learning from a guy like Flacco or an equivalent could work quite well IMO.  And for Heaven sakes - can we draft a LT that LIKES his profession? I like the Josh Simmons idea but he's another Tackle coming off a season ending injury like we had going on with both our tackles this year.  We should be able to get a pick of the litter. 

    I like Warren, but using a possible top 5 pick on a tight end? Turning the QB position over to a 48 year old guy who has sat out the last two seasons? 

    Those are not good ideas. Next cal will suggest us digging up Vince Lombardi and going all "Weekend at Bernie's" with him. 

    I was wondering when you'd bring McCord up again, I missed most of his bowl game the other day but out of curiosity looked up his stats the next morning... Wow!

    He's trying to go back to Syracuse for another season, but as of now he's out of eligibility. I'll be glad when we go back to players being able to play four college seasons, not five, six, seven...

  • Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile. 

    Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker. 

    Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior. 

  • Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile. 

    Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker. 

    Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior. 

    @bob806 said:

    Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile. 

    Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker. 

    Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior. 

    Hear me out and I'll stop:  I think most of your assessment of McCord was his 1st year as a starter for the Buckeyes.  And not for nothing, he only lost 1 game against a defense Coordinated by a former Defensive Coach of the Ravens before becoming a gigantic reason TSUN won a Natty.  They confused a lot of QBs with that complicated defensive scheme especially Ohio State as usual.  They just did it again for a Buckeyes team that ended their regular season with 2 losses.

    Reality says, Kyle McCord was undefeated as a 1st year starter all the way until the Buckeyes got outcoached by the hated rival.  FWIW, the former DC for the Ravens TSUN employed for last year's team is now the DC of the playoff bound Chargers.  

    Bob, all that to say - he is a much improved QB with better coaching in just his 2nd year.  I'm only advocating him as a mid-late round idea here in what appears to be a stinker draft for QBs.  I've heard it said by people way more intelligent than I am that you never want to draft a QB/any prospect that has already played his best football.