A 2025 Mock Draft - 1st Round
-
Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?
Hell, there're a handful of Super-Super Seniors coming back in 2025.
-
I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.
Maybe it's fresh in my mind because of the ruling this week, where the Vandy player won the court case where his JUCO years didn't take away from his NCAA eligibility.
-
? We'll put him in the "he's a nice kid though" category with Mitch Trubisky. Not that there's anything wrong with that when we see how much backup QBs make in this league today. I think it's important for Allar to go back for another year of experience. I say that to say this - I wouldn't have wanted Bo Nix coming out of Auburn a couple years ago. However I felt much differently watching him at Oregon. As fate would have it, Nix has had a very impressive rookie year at QB.
Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?
Didn't Nix play like a decade of college football? ?
It sure seemed like it. Could you imagine if he got red-shirted at Oregon?
-
I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.
It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.
I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.
It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.
LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.
-
I saw some (crazy) Browns fans want Drew Allar.
It would be a good story locally,but wow, he really isn't impressive. Needs A LOT more time to develop.
LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.
LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.
It will be interesting watching him play vs Boise St.
Against tOSU, he was basically horrible. I have no idea if Boise St. can hang with PSU, but we will find out. If PSU survives, they have the Georgia-ND winner, two good defensive teams.
-
LOL. Yeah, I do, too, but he is making the right decision to stay for his senior year. I would have drafted him and let him develop a year anyways. Should be intriguing to watch him next season. He has huge upside, and the hugework ethic to grow.
It will be interesting watching him play vs Boise St.
Against tOSU, he was basically horrible. I have no idea if Boise St. can hang with PSU, but we will find out. If PSU survives, they have the Georgia-ND winner, two good defensive teams.
It will be interesting watching him play vs Boise St.
Against tOSU, he was basically horrible. I have no idea if Boise St. can hang with PSU, but we will find out. If PSU survives, they have the Georgia-ND winner, two good defensive teams.
He did have a terrible time - the announcers were remarking that his wr's couldn't get open. On the site I referred to earlier, his top wr is listed on the third page of wr's available to be in the draft - about #37 I think it was. His TE gets a lot of looks because of it, I figure - Warren is fun to watch - and I saw him mock drafted about #12 overall, which makes my stupid mock draft "stupider".
It's going to be an interesting game to watch - how Boise St. plays Tyler Warren - Boise has a cb who is 6-2 and is so good, Allar has to watch out for him every play, I think.
-
I figured the Covid era players had finally moved on... no more "senior" classes like TTUN had in 2023 with 40+ seniors.
Maybe it's fresh in my mind because of the ruling this week, where the Vandy player won the court case where his JUCO years didn't take away from his NCAA eligibility.
Maybe it's fresh in my mind because of the ruling this week, where the Vandy player won the court case where his JUCO years didn't take away from his NCAA eligibility.
Speaking of which, have you seen Pavia play QB? That guy can Houdini up some serious magic for his offense. The problem is they also have to play defense in the SEC and Vandy isn't always up for that.
-
Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft.
It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft.
-
Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft.
It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft.
Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft.
It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft.
If we can get him in the second then I'm in. In the end it doesn't matter much as the Browns are where QB careers die.
-
Georgia QB Carson Beck declares for NFL Draft.
It will be interesting to see where he goes. He just finished his 5th season in college football, but because of the COVID rules could have come back next year. His season ended with an elbow injury at the end of the first half of the SEC Championship Game vs Texas. Kiper has him as the 4th best QB in this draft.
If we can get him in the second then I'm in. In the end it doesn't matter much as the Browns are where QB careers die.
If we can get him in the second then I'm in.
He's someone I was interested in early on, but he had a really bad stretch in the middle of the season that needs figured out.
I think he'll be available at the top of the 2nd (that being said, QBs are over-drafted all the time) and I would still look hard at him if I was the Browns.
-
At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.
But they will probably draft on the defensive line.
-
At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.
But they will probably draft on the defensive line.
At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.
But they will probably draft on the defensive line.
Those aren't bad ideas. The only thing that would stun me is Tom Brady wanting him any part of playing for this organization especially in his 40s. That said, he is part/minority owner of the Raiders and he might be open to throwing to guys like the 2 young TEs Brock Bowers (1st Rd from UGA 2024) and Michael Mayer (2nd Rd from ND 2023). Now, they would be in prime position to draft 2 way starter Travis Touchdown Turner from Color-adoo.
I have an idea for the Browns for a QB in a mid-late round. I just watched 2nd year starter Kyle McCord lead Syracuse to a 10-3 record at SU punctuated with a Bowl win where he went 24 of 34 for 453 yards and 5 TD passes. Not for nothing, he only lost 1 start in his first year starting at Ohio State. He broke the single season record for passing yards in the ACC in only 13 games (compared to the previous record holder that needed 15 games).
This is what I found in Google for the specifics of this 2 year starter - McCord finished his season with 4,779 yards, the highest mark among FBS passers, as well as 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Friday’s win against Washington State marked the seventh time he threw for at least 350 yards in a game this season, a feat he never accomplished at Ohio State.
Yes, this wouldn't be a guy the Browns should start day 1; but learning from a guy like Flacco or an equivalent could work quite well IMO. And for Heaven sakes - can we draft a LT that LIKES his profession? I like the Josh Simmons idea but he's another Tackle coming off a season ending injury like we had going on with both our tackles this year. We should be able to get a pick of the litter.
-
If we can get him in the second then I'm in.
He's someone I was interested in early on, but he had a really bad stretch in the middle of the season that needs figured out.
I think he'll be available at the top of the 2nd (that being said, QBs are over-drafted all the time) and I would still look hard at him if I was the Browns.
He's someone I was interested in early on, but he had a really bad stretch in the middle of the season that needs figured out.
I think he'll be available at the top of the 2nd (that being said, QBs are over-drafted all the time) and I would still look hard at him if I was the Browns.
He certainly had a terrible stretch. However Georgia was the top or near it for dropped passes. The receivers had trouble separating. Not saying he's innocent but his team didn't help him out. I think the potential is there.
-
At this point, I'd say draft Tyler WArren, TE, Penn State in the first round. And if he declares, Josh Simmons, OT, Ohio State, in the second. Get Tom Brady to come out of retirement for a year, and then draft Drew Allar in 2026.
But they will probably draft on the defensive line.
Those aren't bad ideas. The only thing that would stun me is Tom Brady wanting him any part of playing for this organization especially in his 40s. That said, he is part/minority owner of the Raiders and he might be open to throwing to guys like the 2 young TEs Brock Bowers (1st Rd from UGA 2024) and Michael Mayer (2nd Rd from ND 2023). Now, they would be in prime position to draft 2 way starter Travis Touchdown Turner from Color-adoo.
I have an idea for the Browns for a QB in a mid-late round. I just watched 2nd year starter Kyle McCord lead Syracuse to a 10-3 record at SU punctuated with a Bowl win where he went 24 of 34 for 453 yards and 5 TD passes. Not for nothing, he only lost 1 start in his first year starting at Ohio State. He broke the single season record for passing yards in the ACC in only 13 games (compared to the previous record holder that needed 15 games).
This is what I found in Google for the specifics of this 2 year starter - McCord finished his season with 4,779 yards, the highest mark among FBS passers, as well as 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Friday’s win against Washington State marked the seventh time he threw for at least 350 yards in a game this season, a feat he never accomplished at Ohio State.
Yes, this wouldn't be a guy the Browns should start day 1; but learning from a guy like Flacco or an equivalent could work quite well IMO. And for Heaven sakes - can we draft a LT that LIKES his profession? I like the Josh Simmons idea but he's another Tackle coming off a season ending injury like we had going on with both our tackles this year. We should be able to get a pick of the litter.
Those aren't bad ideas. The only thing that would stun me is Tom Brady wanting him any part of playing for this organization especially in his 40s. That said, he is part/minority owner of the Raiders and he might be open to throwing to guys like the 2 young TEs Brock Bowers (1st Rd from UGA 2024) and Michael Mayer (2nd Rd from ND 2023). Now, they would be in prime position to draft 2 way starter Travis Touchdown Turner from Color-adoo.
I have an idea for the Browns for a QB in a mid-late round. I just watched 2nd year starter Kyle McCord lead Syracuse to a 10-3 record at SU punctuated with a Bowl win where he went 24 of 34 for 453 yards and 5 TD passes. Not for nothing, he only lost 1 start in his first year starting at Ohio State. He broke the single season record for passing yards in the ACC in only 13 games (compared to the previous record holder that needed 15 games).
This is what I found in Google for the specifics of this 2 year starter - McCord finished his season with 4,779 yards, the highest mark among FBS passers, as well as 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Friday’s win against Washington State marked the seventh time he threw for at least 350 yards in a game this season, a feat he never accomplished at Ohio State.
Yes, this wouldn't be a guy the Browns should start day 1; but learning from a guy like Flacco or an equivalent could work quite well IMO. And for Heaven sakes - can we draft a LT that LIKES his profession? I like the Josh Simmons idea but he's another Tackle coming off a season ending injury like we had going on with both our tackles this year. We should be able to get a pick of the litter.
I like Warren, but using a possible top 5 pick on a tight end? Turning the QB position over to a 48 year old guy who has sat out the last two seasons?
Those are not good ideas. Next cal will suggest us digging up Vince Lombardi and going all "Weekend at Bernie's" with him.
I was wondering when you'd bring McCord up again, I missed most of his bowl game the other day but out of curiosity looked up his stats the next morning... Wow!
He's trying to go back to Syracuse for another season, but as of now he's out of eligibility. I'll be glad when we go back to players being able to play four college seasons, not five, six, seven...
-
Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile.
Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker.
Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior.
-
Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile.
Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker.
Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior.
Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile.
Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker.
Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior.
Hear me out and I'll stop: I think most of your assessment of McCord was his 1st year as a starter for the Buckeyes. And not for nothing, he only lost 1 game against a defense Coordinated by a former Defensive Coach of the Ravens before becoming a gigantic reason TSUN won a Natty. They confused a lot of QBs with that complicated defensive scheme especially Ohio State as usual. They just did it again for a Buckeyes team that ended their regular season with 2 losses.
Reality says, Kyle McCord was undefeated as a 1st year starter all the way until the Buckeyes got outcoached by the hated rival. FWIW, the former DC for the Ravens TSUN employed for last year's team is now the DC of the playoff bound Chargers.
Bob, all that to say - he is a much improved QB with better coaching in just his 2nd year. I'm only advocating him as a mid-late round idea here in what appears to be a stinker draft for QBs. I've heard it said by people way more intelligent than I am that you never want to draft a QB/any prospect that has already played his best football.
-
Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile.
Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker.
Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior.
Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile.
Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker.
Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior.
McCord also strikes me as someone who gets locked on a receiver, thus the pick sixes we see from him.
I get your want of linebackers, but the DLine also needs a youth infusion. Could we FINALLY draft a legit pass rusher opposite of Myles? Another DTackle?
I have a bad feeling JOK's career might be done. Linebackers are indeed a definite need.
-
Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile.
Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker.
Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior.
Hear me out and I'll stop: I think most of your assessment of McCord was his 1st year as a starter for the Buckeyes. And not for nothing, he only lost 1 game against a defense Coordinated by a former Defensive Coach of the Ravens before becoming a gigantic reason TSUN won a Natty. They confused a lot of QBs with that complicated defensive scheme especially Ohio State as usual. They just did it again for a Buckeyes team that ended their regular season with 2 losses.
Reality says, Kyle McCord was undefeated as a 1st year starter all the way until the Buckeyes got outcoached by the hated rival. FWIW, the former DC for the Ravens TSUN employed for last year's team is now the DC of the playoff bound Chargers.
Bob, all that to say - he is a much improved QB with better coaching in just his 2nd year. I'm only advocating him as a mid-late round idea here in what appears to be a stinker draft for QBs. I've heard it said by people way more intelligent than I am that you never want to draft a QB/any prospect that has already played his best football.
Bob, all that to say - he is a much improved QB with better coaching in just his 2nd year. I'm only advocating him as a mid-late round idea here in what appears to be a stinker draft for QBs. I've heard it said by people way more intelligent than I am that you never want to draft a QB/any prospect that has already played his best football.
I think the entire QB room needs rebuilt.
I'd have no problem taking McCord in the 4th/5th and at worst he's a backup for years, and take another QB higher in the 2026 Draft to hopefully be the long-term starter. Kind of like what Washington did in one draft when they took RGIII and Kirk Cousins.
Watson can be the #3 QB for all I care. I don't think he'll physically be ready to play well into next season anyways.
-
Kyle McCord has the numbers, has the arm, but his pocket awareness might be worse than DW. Plus, McCord isn't very mobile.
Bob's broken record rant lol.....Offensive tackle, Linebacker, another Linebacker.
Rebuild the trenches, get a LB or 2 that will knock you on your posterior.
McCord also strikes me as someone who gets locked on a receiver, thus the pick sixes we see from him.
I get your want of linebackers, but the DLine also needs a youth infusion. Could we FINALLY draft a legit pass rusher opposite of Myles? Another DTackle?
I have a bad feeling JOK's career might be done. Linebackers are indeed a definite need.
McCord also strikes me as someone who gets locked on a receiver, thus the pick sixes we see from him.
I get your want of linebackers, but the DLine also needs a youth infusion. Could we FINALLY draft a legit pass rusher opposite of Myles? Another DTackle?
I have a bad feeling JOK's career might be done. Linebackers are indeed a definite need.
Yeah, to their credit they've seemed to try and get Myles some help via free agency (Clowney in particular). They've also drafted several D linemen, nothing spectacular but some solid additions.
Hear me out and I'll stop: I think most of your assessment of McCord was his 1st year as a starter for the Buckeyes. And not for nothing, he only lost 1 game against a defense Coordinated by a former Defensive Coach of the Ravens before becoming a gigantic reason TSUN won a Natty. They confused a lot of QBs with that complicated defensive scheme especially Ohio State as usual. They just did it again for a Buckeyes team that ended their regular season with 2 losses.
Reality says, Kyle McCord was undefeated as a 1st year starter all the way until the Buckeyes got outcoached by the hated rival. FWIW, the former DC for the Ravens TSUN employed for last year's team is now the DC of the playoff bound Chargers.
Bob, all that to say - he is a much improved QB with better coaching in just his 2nd year. I'm only advocating him as a mid-late round idea here in what appears to be a stinker draft for QBs. I've heard it said by people way more intelligent than I am that you never want to draft a QB/any prospect that has already played his best football.
Makes sense.
I admit, I'm not anywhere near a "draft guru" like many of you guys. I'm more of an "old school" guy that wants mean defensive players that are smart as well.
I truly believe that if the Browns solidify the trenches, they can make big gains (meaning getting close or exceeding .500 next season, no matter who the QB is). The skill players currently on the roster are decent IMHO.
-
Those aren't bad ideas. The only thing that would stun me is Tom Brady wanting him any part of playing for this organization especially in his 40s. That said, he is part/minority owner of the Raiders and he might be open to throwing to guys like the 2 young TEs Brock Bowers (1st Rd from UGA 2024) and Michael Mayer (2nd Rd from ND 2023). Now, they would be in prime position to draft 2 way starter Travis Touchdown Turner from Color-adoo.
I have an idea for the Browns for a QB in a mid-late round. I just watched 2nd year starter Kyle McCord lead Syracuse to a 10-3 record at SU punctuated with a Bowl win where he went 24 of 34 for 453 yards and 5 TD passes. Not for nothing, he only lost 1 start in his first year starting at Ohio State. He broke the single season record for passing yards in the ACC in only 13 games (compared to the previous record holder that needed 15 games).
This is what I found in Google for the specifics of this 2 year starter - McCord finished his season with 4,779 yards, the highest mark among FBS passers, as well as 34 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Friday’s win against Washington State marked the seventh time he threw for at least 350 yards in a game this season, a feat he never accomplished at Ohio State.
Yes, this wouldn't be a guy the Browns should start day 1; but learning from a guy like Flacco or an equivalent could work quite well IMO. And for Heaven sakes - can we draft a LT that LIKES his profession? I like the Josh Simmons idea but he's another Tackle coming off a season ending injury like we had going on with both our tackles this year. We should be able to get a pick of the litter.
I like Warren, but using a possible top 5 pick on a tight end? Turning the QB position over to a 48 year old guy who has sat out the last two seasons?
Those are not good ideas. Next cal will suggest us digging up Vince Lombardi and going all "Weekend at Bernie's" with him.
I was wondering when you'd bring McCord up again, I missed most of his bowl game the other day but out of curiosity looked up his stats the next morning... Wow!
He's trying to go back to Syracuse for another season, but as of now he's out of eligibility. I'll be glad when we go back to players being able to play four college seasons, not five, six, seven...
I like Warren, but using a possible top 5 pick on a tight end? Turning the QB position over to a 48 year old guy who has sat out the last two seasons?
Those are not good ideas.
I was wondering when you'd bring McCord up again, I missed most of his bowl game the other day but out of curiosity looked up his stats the next morning... Wow!
He's trying to go back to Syracuse for another season, but as of now he's out of eligibility. I'll be glad when we go back to players being able to play four college seasons, not five, six, seven...
? Regarding the TE - I hear you; and he wouldn't be my choice that high. The reason I said not bad is I would consider him in round 1 if we traded back and added a pick. That said, we already have a 1st round TE here so there isn't really a 1st round urgency for him here.
I think we need the highest rated LT if we're picking inside the top 5. If he's gone, you know who I want (Mason Graham). From a football mindset only - he's not exactly gonna be Big Sexy in here.
As for McCord. there were great Commentators working the game. One was the former Colorado QB who always provides awesome commentary (of course his name escapes me). My recollection is McCord has a choice to return to Syracuse for another season or declare for the draft. Again, this is really important - I don't want him in an early round. Because of his lack of experience - it's a mid-late round hope. Part of the commentary was that SU Receivers weren't getting any separation on their go routes and he said that McCord still throws to them and loves to back shoulder these throws. He said, as you can see - these guys have perfected this. They have good WRs Meeks (UGA transfer) and Pena. TE Oronde Gadsden II is a 6-6 target that weighs about 236 lbs - more specifically a Joe Jurevicius with about 10 more pounds playing TE instead of WR. I think he can play either in the NFL.
That was the 4th SU game I caught and I've seen epic progress from McCord over what I saw last year. Keep in mind that comes from a guy that was glad the Buckeyes were moving on from McCord. I leave it at this - coaching matters for young QBs like this. The Bo Nix that played at Auburn wasn't NFL material to me. The one that left Oregon was - although hindsight 20/20 sure is helping me with that one...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login