Skip to content

A 2025 Mock Draft - 1st Round

The Browns Board
92 10 2.7k
  • I'd take Beck over Milroe... Milroe should have sat this one out. 

  • I'd take Beck over Milroe... Milroe should have sat this one out. 

    @usfbrown said:

    I'd take Beck over Milroe... Milroe should have sat this one out. 

    Yeah, if anybody has Milroe on their wish list, remove it quickly!!!!!

  • Say, could the Browns draft Allar, even though he won't be in the draft til 2026? lol

    I'm not a fan of Beck.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/carson-beck-made-bad-decision-declaring-for-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay/ar-AA1wLOSm

  • @usfbrown said:

    I'll be a parrot:  I think Beck 2nd or later is a good risk reward.  Georgia receivers couldn't catch, couldn't separate, and the o line was a bit shaky.  I'm sure you start seeing ghosts and make mistakes. 

    And here's the thing: if a QB didn't have weaknesses, they'd be at the top of the first round.

    I want a QB that Stefanski can work with. A QB who he feels can work well in his system. I don't want any more DTRs. I want QBs who can work well in the pocket, can work under the center, who can eventually read defenses and go through progressions. I don't want athletic RPO guys who don't fit with Stefanski. 

    I want the Browns to go back to Stefanski's offense. Draft some OLinemen, draft a TE to go with Njoku and run the damn ball and do play-action off that. Find a QB that can thrive in that system. Stefanski's ability to produce points in that system got him the job in the first place. Scrap the RPO. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    And here's the thing: if a QB didn't have weaknesses, they'd be at the top of the first round.

    I want a QB that Stefanski can work with. A QB who he feels can work well in his system. I don't want any more DTRs. I want QBs who can work well in the pocket, can work under the center, who can eventually read defenses and go through progressions. I don't want athletic RPO guys who don't fit with Stefanski. 

    I want the Browns to go back to Stefanski's offense. Draft some OLinemen, draft a TE to go with Njoku and run the damn ball and do play-action off that. Find a QB that can thrive in that system. Stefanski's ability to produce points in that system got him the job in the first place. Scrap the RPO. 

     I've brought it up before - but the RPO is here to stay and has its merits.  

     There are also ways to incorporate it within structures run from under center. I've shown that much with Shanahan who has sprinkled that into his designs both UC and shotgun. 

    Scratch Milroe off the list, 1st and 2nd round. He just needs far too much work to justify a top 50 picks that might not be ready to go for 2 years at minimum.  Even then, he's struggling with the college game. I see no evidence (right now) of him being able to elevate himself to conquer NFL defenses. 

  • Say, could the Browns draft Allar, even though he won't be in the draft til 2026? lol

    I'm not a fan of Beck.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/carson-beck-made-bad-decision-declaring-for-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay/ar-AA1wLOSm

    @calfoxwc said:

    Say, could the Browns draft Allar, even though he won't be in the draft til 2026? lol

    I'm not a fan of Beck.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/carson-beck-made-bad-decision-declaring-for-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay/ar-AA1wLOSm

    What's Mel Kiper have to say? I kid because those talking head dopes are as bad at evals as us on the board. Best job in the world next to the weather guy. Can be wrong all the time without consequences. 

    Even better if he falls. I'd bet he has a better career than Milroe. But that's like betting on the WNBA. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And here's the thing: if a QB didn't have weaknesses, they'd be at the top of the first round.

    I want a QB that Stefanski can work with. A QB who he feels can work well in his system. I don't want any more DTRs. I want QBs who can work well in the pocket, can work under the center, who can eventually read defenses and go through progressions. I don't want athletic RPO guys who don't fit with Stefanski. 

    I want the Browns to go back to Stefanski's offense. Draft some OLinemen, draft a TE to go with Njoku and run the damn ball and do play-action off that. Find a QB that can thrive in that system. Stefanski's ability to produce points in that system got him the job in the first place. Scrap the RPO. 

     I've brought it up before - but the RPO is here to stay and has its merits.  

     There are also ways to incorporate it within structures run from under center. I've shown that much with Shanahan who has sprinkled that into his designs both UC and shotgun. 

    Scratch Milroe off the list, 1st and 2nd round. He just needs far too much work to justify a top 50 picks that might not be ready to go for 2 years at minimum.  Even then, he's struggling with the college game. I see no evidence (right now) of him being able to elevate himself to conquer NFL defenses. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     I've brought it up before - but the RPO is here to stay and has its merits.  

     There are also ways to incorporate it within structures run from under center. I've shown that much with Shanahan who has sprinkled that into his designs both UC and shotgun. 

    Scratch Milroe off the list, 1st and 2nd round. He just needs far too much work to justify a top 50 picks that might not be ready to go for 2 years at minimum.  Even then, he's struggling with the college game. I see no evidence (right now) of him being able to elevate himself to conquer NFL defenses. 

    He struggled many times this year including against my USF Bulls who are not a good team. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And here's the thing: if a QB didn't have weaknesses, they'd be at the top of the first round.

    I want a QB that Stefanski can work with. A QB who he feels can work well in his system. I don't want any more DTRs. I want QBs who can work well in the pocket, can work under the center, who can eventually read defenses and go through progressions. I don't want athletic RPO guys who don't fit with Stefanski. 

    I want the Browns to go back to Stefanski's offense. Draft some OLinemen, draft a TE to go with Njoku and run the damn ball and do play-action off that. Find a QB that can thrive in that system. Stefanski's ability to produce points in that system got him the job in the first place. Scrap the RPO. 

     I've brought it up before - but the RPO is here to stay and has its merits.  

     There are also ways to incorporate it within structures run from under center. I've shown that much with Shanahan who has sprinkled that into his designs both UC and shotgun. 

    Scratch Milroe off the list, 1st and 2nd round. He just needs far too much work to justify a top 50 picks that might not be ready to go for 2 years at minimum.  Even then, he's struggling with the college game. I see no evidence (right now) of him being able to elevate himself to conquer NFL defenses. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Milroe off the list, 1st and 2nd round. He just needs far too much work to justify a top 50 picks that might not be ready to go for 2 years at minimum.  Even then, he's struggling with the college game. I see no evidence (right now) of him being able to elevate himself to conquer NFL defenses. 

    He's just so painful to watch as a passer. 

    I wouldn't consider him in the 3rd round. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And here's the thing: if a QB didn't have weaknesses, they'd be at the top of the first round.

    I want a QB that Stefanski can work with. A QB who he feels can work well in his system. I don't want any more DTRs. I want QBs who can work well in the pocket, can work under the center, who can eventually read defenses and go through progressions. I don't want athletic RPO guys who don't fit with Stefanski. 

    I want the Browns to go back to Stefanski's offense. Draft some OLinemen, draft a TE to go with Njoku and run the damn ball and do play-action off that. Find a QB that can thrive in that system. Stefanski's ability to produce points in that system got him the job in the first place. Scrap the RPO. 

     I've brought it up before - but the RPO is here to stay and has its merits.  

     There are also ways to incorporate it within structures run from under center. I've shown that much with Shanahan who has sprinkled that into his designs both UC and shotgun. 

    Scratch Milroe off the list, 1st and 2nd round. He just needs far too much work to justify a top 50 picks that might not be ready to go for 2 years at minimum.  Even then, he's struggling with the college game. I see no evidence (right now) of him being able to elevate himself to conquer NFL defenses. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Scratch Milroe off the list, 1st and 2nd round. He just needs far too much work to justify a top 50 picks that might not be ready to go for 2 years at minimum.  Even then, he's struggling with the college game. I see no evidence (right now) of him being able to elevate himself to conquer NFL defenses. 

    Especially considering the talent Bama QB's usually have in front of them for protection/time.

  • A AP1

    @dutch-oven said:

    And here's the thing: if a QB didn't have weaknesses, they'd be at the top of the first round.

    I want a QB that Stefanski can work with. A QB who he feels can work well in his system. I don't want any more DTRs. I want QBs who can work well in the pocket, can work under the center, who can eventually read defenses and go through progressions. I don't want athletic RPO guys who don't fit with Stefanski. 

    I want the Browns to go back to Stefanski's offense. Draft some OLinemen, draft a TE to go with Njoku and run the damn ball and do play-action off that. Find a QB that can thrive in that system. Stefanski's ability to produce points in that system got him the job in the first place. Scrap the RPO. 

    I love three OT or three TE sets, pre-snap motions, OTs kicking out blocks on run, RBs catching the ball out of the backfired, running the ball so damn much that play action actually works.

    The 49ers have dominated the NFC doing all of this the last half decade and now the Lions do the same thing.

    @ap1 said:

    I love three OT or three TE sets, pre-snap motions, OTs kicking out blocks on run, RBs catching the ball out of the backfired, running the ball so damn much that play action actually works.

    The 49ers have dominated the NFC doing all of this the last half decade and now the Lions do the same thing.

    You had me at 3 OT.  My football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia...

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Say, could the Browns draft Allar, even though he won't be in the draft til 2026? lol

    I'm not a fan of Beck.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/carson-beck-made-bad-decision-declaring-for-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay/ar-AA1wLOSm

    What's Mel Kiper have to say? I kid because those talking head dopes are as bad at evals as us on the board. Best job in the world next to the weather guy. Can be wrong all the time without consequences. 

    Even better if he falls. I'd bet he has a better career than Milroe. But that's like betting on the WNBA. 

    @usfbrown said:

    What's Mel Kiper have to say? I kid because those talking head dopes are as bad at evals as us on the board. Best job in the world next to the weather guy. Can be wrong all the time without consequences. 

    Even better if he falls. I'd bet he has a better career than Milroe. But that's like betting on the WNBA. 

    ? I kind of equate our QB evals to kids at an all boys school being bused to their first dance at an all girls school in the sense of absence makes the heart grow fonder.  They want to see hotties whether the supply and demand provides them or not.  Well, we want to see some damn QB talent here - and that's where the fun starts.  It's our job to make this interesting so let er rip.  Don't hold those thoughts hostage.  Let's have some fun.  

  • @ap1 said:

    I love three OT or three TE sets, pre-snap motions, OTs kicking out blocks on run, RBs catching the ball out of the backfired, running the ball so damn much that play action actually works.

    The 49ers have dominated the NFC doing all of this the last half decade and now the Lions do the same thing.

    You had me at 3 OT.  My football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia...

    @flugel said:

    You had me at 3 OT.  My football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia...

    The Lions send Penei Sewell in motion. Penn St has done something similar a bit this season. It makes for wicked kick out blocks.

    It's mostly done out of single back sets. I think the Browns could benefit from more OL and TEs for a couple of reasons: 1) Stefanski's offense, assuming he is back, doesn't need a HOF QB. It's suited nicely for stable QBs like Flacco and Cousins. 2) With a Stefanski offense, the WR Room becomes the deepest group on the team.

  • LSU and Baylor in the Texas Bowl on ESPN.

    LSU LT Will Campbell is projected as (one of) the best LT in the 2025 Draft.

    Said Campbell (or his OL Coach), "If you give up one sack a game for 12 games, you're going to be working at Amazon."

  • A AP1

    LSU and Baylor in the Texas Bowl on ESPN.

    LSU LT Will Campbell is projected as (one of) the best LT in the 2025 Draft.

    Said Campbell (or his OL Coach), "If you give up one sack a game for 12 games, you're going to be working at Amazon."

    @ap1 said:

    LSU and Baylor in the Texas Bowl on ESPN.

    LSU LT Will Campbell is projected as (one of) the best LT in the 2025 Draft.

    Said Campbell (or his OL Coach), "If you give up one sack a game for 12 games, you're going to be working at Amazon."

    I'll be interested to see how his career goes in the NFL, because I've read a few scouting reports who question if his arm length (or relative lack of) might mean OGuard is his best bet in the pros. 

    I don't know obviously if that is true, but after taking Jared Wills in top half of the first round and converting him to left tackle after he played right tackle at college, with middling results, this makes me kind of hesitant to endorse the Browns taking him this high. 

  • @ap1 said:

    LSU and Baylor in the Texas Bowl on ESPN.

    LSU LT Will Campbell is projected as (one of) the best LT in the 2025 Draft.

    Said Campbell (or his OL Coach), "If you give up one sack a game for 12 games, you're going to be working at Amazon."

    I'll be interested to see how his career goes in the NFL, because I've read a few scouting reports who question if his arm length (or relative lack of) might mean OGuard is his best bet in the pros. 

    I don't know obviously if that is true, but after taking Jared Wills in top half of the first round and converting him to left tackle after he played right tackle at college, with middling results, this makes me kind of hesitant to endorse the Browns taking him this high. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be interested to see how his career goes in the NFL, because I've read a few scouting reports who question if his arm length (or relative lack of) might mean OGuard is his best bet in the pros. 

    I don't know obviously if that is true, but after taking Jared Wills in top half of the first round and converting him to left tackle after he played right tackle at college, with middling results, this makes me kind of hesitant to endorse the Browns taking him this high. 

    We will eventually see the measurables at the combine or pro day.