DTR Will Start Against the Fins
-
Jeez. Well my last game as a season ticket holder will surely be a loss
Well if he really gets the bed again, I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
Jeez. Well my last game as a season ticket holder will surely be a loss
Well if he really gets the bed again, I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
The commissioner stepping in and dictating personnel decisions is opening the Pandora's Box of terrible executive management ideas.
-
Jeez. Well my last game as a season ticket holder will surely be a loss
Well if he really gets the bed again, I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
The commissioner stepping in and dictating personnel decisions is opening the Pandora's Box of terrible executive management ideas.
The commissioner stepping in and dictating personnel decisions is opening the Pandora's Box of terrible executive management ideas.
I'm in total agreement there. Then again, it's Goodell so anything is possible as he's consistently inconsistent.
You watched yesterday as did I. Cincy's D is remarkably bad & they scored 6 points. DTR seems like a good guy, but he's clearly not NFL-caliber.
Just my opinion, if it's a professional sports league, the teams involved need to put their best foot forward in forming game plans for the integrity of the league. Tanking should not be allowed.
It's bad enough teams "rest their regulars," but I get it to a degree. If a team does that, they NEED to offer discounted tickets and refund some money for season ticket holders.
The goal is to win, not to half-ass it in pro sports.
-
-
Jeez. Well my last game as a season ticket holder will surely be a loss
Well if he really gets the bed again, I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
lol. Sure, we could put in Winston and tell him to hand it off every play. Or better yet, take a knee every play.
We have got to get DTR out there so that the brain-trust can see how bad he is and formulate an entirely new QB room next year.
Many years ago we needed the Colts to win their final game of the season in order for us to make the playoffs...but the Colts didn't need to win as they were already locked into their playoff spot, so they didn't play Peyton Manning and lost the game. The commissioner didn't intercede then either.
-
I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
lol. Sure, we could put in Winston and tell him to hand it off every play. Or better yet, take a knee every play.
We have got to get DTR out there so that the brain-trust can see how bad he is and formulate an entirely new QB room next year.
Many years ago we needed the Colts to win their final game of the season in order for us to make the playoffs...but the Colts didn't need to win as they were already locked into their playoff spot, so they didn't play Peyton Manning and lost the game. The commissioner didn't intercede then either.
lol. Sure, we could put in Winston and tell him to hand it off every play. Or better yet, take a knee every play.
We have got to get DTR out there so that the brain-trust can see how bad he is and formulate an entirely new QB room next year.
Many years ago we needed the Colts to win their final game of the season in order for us to make the playoffs...but the Colts didn't need to win as they were already locked into their playoff spot, so they didn't play Peyton Manning and lost the game. The commissioner didn't intercede then either.
I'll never forget that, and to this day just the sight of Tony Dungy bothers me.
As far as DTR is concerned, that experiment should have been plugged after yesterday. The book is out, just bull rush him and he runs.
-
lol. Sure, we could put in Winston and tell him to hand it off every play. Or better yet, take a knee every play.
We have got to get DTR out there so that the brain-trust can see how bad he is and formulate an entirely new QB room next year.
Many years ago we needed the Colts to win their final game of the season in order for us to make the playoffs...but the Colts didn't need to win as they were already locked into their playoff spot, so they didn't play Peyton Manning and lost the game. The commissioner didn't intercede then either.
I'll never forget that, and to this day just the sight of Tony Dungy bothers me.
As far as DTR is concerned, that experiment should have been plugged after yesterday. The book is out, just bull rush him and he runs.
As far as DTR is concerned, that experiment should have been plugged after yesterday. The book is out, just bull rush him and he runs.
He deserves a full chance to get the game to 'slow down' for him. It's only his second season. He's got some skills. We should have been playing him for several weeks now to get a good look at any progress he might make....or lack thereof. He's only got two more chances to grow, which unfortunately is not enough. Look at Gino Smith and Sam Darnold. They totally sucked early in their career. The major difference is that they came into the league with real credentials. Now, I'm not saying that DTR will turn into Gino Smith...but we didn't give him a chance to prove that he might. And this was the year to do it...cos we were never going to make the playoffs. We wasted the perfect opportunity on a 10 year veteran who hasn't been able to be worth more than a backup job in the NFL in many years. But that's just my opinion.
-
As far as DTR is concerned, that experiment should have been plugged after yesterday. The book is out, just bull rush him and he runs.
He deserves a full chance to get the game to 'slow down' for him. It's only his second season. He's got some skills. We should have been playing him for several weeks now to get a good look at any progress he might make....or lack thereof. He's only got two more chances to grow, which unfortunately is not enough. Look at Gino Smith and Sam Darnold. They totally sucked early in their career. The major difference is that they came into the league with real credentials. Now, I'm not saying that DTR will turn into Gino Smith...but we didn't give him a chance to prove that he might. And this was the year to do it...cos we were never going to make the playoffs. We wasted the perfect opportunity on a 10 year veteran who hasn't been able to be worth more than a backup job in the NFL in many years. But that's just my opinion.
He deserves a full chance to get the game to 'slow down' for him. It's only his second season. He's got some skills. We should have been playing him for several weeks now to get a good look at any progress he might make....or lack thereof. He's only got two more chances to grow, which unfortunately is not enough. Look at Gino Smith and Sam Darnold. They totally sucked early in their career. The major difference is that they came into the league with real credentials. Now, I'm not saying that DTR will turn into Gino Smith...but we didn't give him a chance to prove that he might. And this was the year to do it...cos we were never going to make the playoffs. We wasted the perfect opportunity on a 10 year veteran who hasn't been able to be worth more than a backup job in the NFL in many years. But that's just my opinion.
DTR has shown he is not a average starting QB in the NFL. Frankly, playing may get us a higher draftpick.
In my mind the only question is whether next years backup is DTR or Winston. They currently do not have a quality starting QB. Watson the the Great should be sent to NFL Europe.
-
Jeez. Well my last game as a season ticket holder will surely be a loss
Well if he really gets the bed again, I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
Jeez. Well my last game as a season ticket holder will surely be a loss
Well if he really gets the bed again, I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
Regarding season tickets, I'll wait until we get the bill this coming spring if I want to renew or not. It's a losing financial proposition if I have to sell seats on Ticketmaster at a 50% (or more) discount.
We're playing for draft position- my POV is whether it's DTR or the interception machine that is Jamis- it really doesn't make all that much difference who starts at QB.
-
He deserves a full chance to get the game to 'slow down' for him. It's only his second season. He's got some skills. We should have been playing him for several weeks now to get a good look at any progress he might make....or lack thereof. He's only got two more chances to grow, which unfortunately is not enough. Look at Gino Smith and Sam Darnold. They totally sucked early in their career. The major difference is that they came into the league with real credentials. Now, I'm not saying that DTR will turn into Gino Smith...but we didn't give him a chance to prove that he might. And this was the year to do it...cos we were never going to make the playoffs. We wasted the perfect opportunity on a 10 year veteran who hasn't been able to be worth more than a backup job in the NFL in many years. But that's just my opinion.
DTR has shown he is not a average starting QB in the NFL. Frankly, playing may get us a higher draftpick.
In my mind the only question is whether next years backup is DTR or Winston. They currently do not have a quality starting QB. Watson the the Great should be sent to NFL Europe.
DTR has shown he is not a average starting QB in the NFL. Frankly, playing may get us a higher draftpick.
In my mind the only question is whether next years backup is DTR or Winston. They currently do not have a quality starting QB. Watson the the Great should be sent to NFL Europe.
We'll see how creative Berry (assuming he's still the GM next year) can be with the salary cap mess that he created with Watson. I suppose shipping him off to NFL Europe and paying him would be a solution. I don't see any way next year of not paying him his guaranteed $42 million.
-
Jeez. Well my last game as a season ticket holder will surely be a loss
Well if he really gets the bed again, I wonder if Goodell would step in and prohibit the Browns from starting DTR vs the Ratbirds in week 18 due to playoff seeding implications.
Regarding season tickets, I'll wait until we get the bill this coming spring if I want to renew or not. It's a losing financial proposition if I have to sell seats on Ticketmaster at a 50% (or more) discount.
We're playing for draft position- my POV is whether it's DTR or the interception machine that is Jamis- it really doesn't make all that much difference who starts at QB.
Regarding season tickets, I'll wait until we get the bill this coming spring if I want to renew or not. It's a losing financial proposition if I have to sell seats on Ticketmaster at a 50% (or more) discount.
We're playing for draft position- my POV is whether it's DTR or the interception machine that is Jamis- it really doesn't make all that much difference who starts at QB.
They will bill you in February, as you know. I've put up with it, but the state of things has me upset.
It's like putting money down on a car you haven't seen or driven. I just don't think it's right for them to ask us for "blind trust" on 2025.
So many questions regarding the roster, front office, & draft.
The way I explained it to my ticket agent, I said " you're expecting me to put money down on an unknown product." She balked, said if I don't pay I forfeit my tickets. Irks the crap out of me.
The Browns will always be my favorite team. I just hate their attitude towards season ticket holders like me ( 45 years, you'd think that would carry a little weight).?
-
Regarding season tickets, I'll wait until we get the bill this coming spring if I want to renew or not. It's a losing financial proposition if I have to sell seats on Ticketmaster at a 50% (or more) discount.
We're playing for draft position- my POV is whether it's DTR or the interception machine that is Jamis- it really doesn't make all that much difference who starts at QB.
They will bill you in February, as you know. I've put up with it, but the state of things has me upset.
It's like putting money down on a car you haven't seen or driven. I just don't think it's right for them to ask us for "blind trust" on 2025.
So many questions regarding the roster, front office, & draft.
The way I explained it to my ticket agent, I said " you're expecting me to put money down on an unknown product." She balked, said if I don't pay I forfeit my tickets. Irks the crap out of me.
The Browns will always be my favorite team. I just hate their attitude towards season ticket holders like me ( 45 years, you'd think that would carry a little weight).?
The Browns will always be my favorite team. I just hate their attitude towards season ticket holders like me ( 45 years, you'd think that would carry a little weight).?
My Dad gave up his A&M season tickets when they stopped giving credit for money donated to the academic side of the house. Yearly he donated more than the donation amount required for the best football season tickets in the stadium at that time. He felt very strongly about supporting academics, but when they did that he stopped all donations. Madder than a wet hen. Not only did he fell mistreated, but he also felt their priorities were screwed up as well. He had been giving enough to support several full academic scholarships to $$ needy students with excellent high school grades.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login