Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick
-
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
??
??
?
-
??
Jim Brown didn't need stiff arms.
-
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
-
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
-
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
I think KC has to be the favorite in the AFC.
But I can’t rule out the Bills, since they beat KC (at home) and beat Detroit.
If they are clicking on all cylinders, they’ll be tough to beat.
-
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
I think KC has to be the favorite in the AFC.
But I can’t rule out the Bills, since they beat KC (at home) and beat Detroit.
If they are clicking on all cylinders, they’ll be tough to beat.
I think KC has to be the favorite in the AFC.
But I can’t rule out the Bills, since they beat KC (at home) and beat Detroit.
If they are clicking on all cylinders, they’ll be tough to beat.
Agreed. The big thing is can anyone knock KC out of the playoffs since Burrow and the Bengals did it? I think Baltimore ran all over Buffalo during the season; but I feel like Buffalo would match up good with them at home later this week.
-
Sam Darnold = Not quite as good as Baker Mayfield
Deshaun Watson = Not quite as good as Matthew Stafford
So, the idea was that there was no good QB in the draft (Kenny Picket). And the Browns were not content with Baker Mayfield. The Rams traded Jared Goff to get Matthew Stafford and won the Super Bowl. So the Browns traded Mayfield for Watson (in a manner of speaking - 3 draft picks and all). And the culmination of that whole plan was for the Browns to now have the QB to win the Super Bowl.
I didn't fault them for doing it because I had reservations about Mayfield (as the organization did).
So, now we're in current times and Watson is a broken down QB...and we've got no other on the team.
We just saw Sam Darnold lose to the Rams. As Tia stated somewhere, and as I had felt all season long, 'Sam Darnold is Sam Darnold'. He didn't morph into a great QB despite the Vikings' record.
What do we do for a QB for next season?
-
If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2. Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else.
And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.
I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two.
Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know
I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two.
Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know
Still Darnold.
Vikes aren't letting JJ go.
-
I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two.
Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know
Still Darnold.
Vikes aren't letting JJ go.
Still Darnold.
Vikes aren't letting JJ go.
I agree.
Tell you what, the commentary between Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and Bill Belichick last night was very entertaining. Conclusions: Darnold holds onto the ball way too long & his OL was overwhelmed from tackle to tackle. ? Are ya sure guys? It was also brought up the choice of routes called/selected for the situation left a lot to be desired. No quick throws to make them pay for blitzing on a red carpet rewarding it.
I will say that OL has really missed their 4 year vet LT Christian Darrisaw (1st round pick from Va Tech). Aaron Jones was one of the RBs on Flugel's Noah Fence fantasy football roster. That being the case, I watched the Vikings and other teams I don't normally watch after the Browns played. They never replaced Darrisaw regardless of who they brought in or looked to. The Vikings actually looked like the Browns on offense last night.
-
Sam Darnold = Not quite as good as Baker Mayfield
Deshaun Watson = Not quite as good as Matthew Stafford
So, the idea was that there was no good QB in the draft (Kenny Picket). And the Browns were not content with Baker Mayfield. The Rams traded Jared Goff to get Matthew Stafford and won the Super Bowl. So the Browns traded Mayfield for Watson (in a manner of speaking - 3 draft picks and all). And the culmination of that whole plan was for the Browns to now have the QB to win the Super Bowl.
I didn't fault them for doing it because I had reservations about Mayfield (as the organization did).
So, now we're in current times and Watson is a broken down QB...and we've got no other on the team.
We just saw Sam Darnold lose to the Rams. As Tia stated somewhere, and as I had felt all season long, 'Sam Darnold is Sam Darnold'. He didn't morph into a great QB despite the Vikings' record.
What do we do for a QB for next season?
Deshaun Watson = Not quite as good as Matthew Stafford
I disagree - "Deshaun Watson = Not as good as Ernest T. Bass on the show "Mayberry".
What do we do for a QB for next season?
They need to trade for one, Failing that, they need to draft one smart and capable as all get out. In a later round.
According to this writer....the Browns might consider trading with the Patriots. For their back-up qb.
https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-opinion/cleveland-browns-new-england-patriots-joe-milton-trade
Browns, Patriots Could Hook Up for Enticing QB Trade
************************
or, maybe, the browns could use any later pick, and draft their own guy who can play.
The Pats drafted qbs in the 3rd and 7th rounds - it shouldn't be too hard - unless it's the Browns
-
I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two.
Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know
Still Darnold.
Vikes aren't letting JJ go.
-
Yep... Darnold just cratered. JJ not going on the trade block
How many wins do you see the Vikings get with McCarthey under center?
-
Yep... Darnold just cratered. JJ not going on the trade block
How many wins do you see the Vikings get with McCarthey under center?
How many wins do you see the Vikings get with McCarthey under center?
Hard to think it would be more than Darnold got this year. Probably closer to .500 but there's a lot that can happen before next season.
I would think the Vikings go into 2025 believing they just saw Darnolds ceiling. Starting JJ next year you'll get his floor, since he's a rookie. But long term you would expect better performance. Not to mention cap implications.
They could franchise Darnold as insurance and go back to prepping JJ.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
Is that telling us "Uh-oh" about this QB class -OR- is it telling us that he's a very talented QB more teams should know about/consider. Don't get me endorsing Kyle McCord again - I'm trying to give you guys a respite from that. I think he's still a mid round QB if a vet like Kirk Cousins wants to come play Clark Kent in Cleveland..
All the way back to when I was in college, Mel Kiper (unaware there was a Todd McShay in junior high school somewhere chomping at the bits to compete with him with player analyses when he's older) used to say beware the fast/last minute risers. He has impressive stats but I don't hear a lot of praise about his mechanics. Then again, Patrick Mahomes didn't have a lot of praise about his mechanics or the style of offense he played in at Texas Tech after he beat out Baker Mayfield.
-
I like Dart. Have been talking him up for a month or more. I'd take him in the 2nd. If I felt comfortable I might try a trade down in the 2nd, but not far.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
Is that telling us "Uh-oh" about this QB class -OR- is it telling us that he's a very talented QB more teams should know about/consider. Don't get me endorsing Kyle McCord again - I'm trying to give you guys a respite from that. I think he's still a mid round QB if a vet like Kirk Cousins wants to come play Clark Kent in Cleveland..
All the way back to when I was in college, Mel Kiper (unaware there was a Todd McShay in junior high school somewhere chomping at the bits to compete with him with player analyses when he's older) used to say beware the fast/last minute risers. He has impressive stats but I don't hear a lot of praise about his mechanics. Then again, Patrick Mahomes didn't have a lot of praise about his mechanics or the style of offense he played in at Texas Tech after he beat out Baker Mayfield.
Is that telling us "Uh-oh" about this QB class -OR- is it telling us that he's a very talented QB more teams should know about/consider. Don't get me endorsing Kyle McCord again - I'm trying to give you guys a respite from that. I think he's still a mid round QB if a vet like Kirk Cousins wants to come play Clark Kent in Cleveland..
All the way back to when I was in college, Mel Kiper (unaware there was a Todd McShay in junior high school somewhere chomping at the bits to compete with him with player analyses when he's older) used to say beware the fast/last minute risers. He has impressive stats but I don't hear a lot of praise about his mechanics. Then again, Patrick Mahomes didn't have a lot of praise about his mechanics or the style of offense he played in at Texas Tech after he beat out Baker Mayfield.
Funny you'd mention McShay and Mahomes, because he was comparing him in that video I posted a few days ago regarding Cam Ward. He mentions how Ward has some of the same "unorthodox" footwork while throwing that Mahomes had. Problem is Mahomes got a full season (minus the last regular season game) to work on his fundamentals, where Ward will probably be thrown to the wolves as soon as possible.
One good thing about Ward though is that he had a lot of college starts, like Nix and Daniels of last draft.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
That's a complaint I hear about almost all college QBs because that's the nature of the offenses they all run now.
I wish I could remember the video I was watching where the scout was complaining about this very thing.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
That last part I bolded from you above jumps off the screen.
Funny you'd mention McShay and Mahomes, because he was comparing him in that video I posted a few days ago regarding Cam Ward. He mentions how Ward has some of the same "unorthodox" footwork while throwing that Mahomes had. Problem is Mahomes got a full season (minus the last regular season game) to work on his fundamentals, where Ward will probably be thrown to the wolves as soon as possible.
One good thing about Ward though is that he had a lot of college starts, like Nix and Daniels of last draft.
I think they also got exposed to different offensive systems, which is a plus. Meanwhile a QB like Caleb Williams followed his HC Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma to USC and who knows what's in store for him next in Chicago. It's a short window for make or break for these young QBs and I think that window slammed shut on Justin Fields as a starter as it did for Trubisky (who only started 1 year at UNC).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login