Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
That's a complaint I hear about almost all college QBs because that's the nature of the offenses they all run now.
I wish I could remember the video I was watching where the scout was complaining about this very thing.
-
Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart seems to have people talking how he could go from a Day 2ish type guy to possibly a Round 1 prospect.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
That last part I bolded from you above jumps off the screen.
Funny you'd mention McShay and Mahomes, because he was comparing him in that video I posted a few days ago regarding Cam Ward. He mentions how Ward has some of the same "unorthodox" footwork while throwing that Mahomes had. Problem is Mahomes got a full season (minus the last regular season game) to work on his fundamentals, where Ward will probably be thrown to the wolves as soon as possible.
One good thing about Ward though is that he had a lot of college starts, like Nix and Daniels of last draft.
I think they also got exposed to different offensive systems, which is a plus. Meanwhile a QB like Caleb Williams followed his HC Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma to USC and who knows what's in store for him next in Chicago. It's a short window for make or break for these young QBs and I think that window slammed shut on Justin Fields as a starter as it did for Trubisky (who only started 1 year at UNC).
-
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
That's a complaint I hear about almost all college QBs because that's the nature of the offenses they all run now.
I wish I could remember the video I was watching where the scout was complaining about this very thing.
That's a complaint I hear about almost all college QBs because that's the nature of the offenses they all run now.
I wish I could remember the video I was watching where the scout was complaining about this very thing.
I remember someone explaining Kurt Warner learning some incredibly helpful stuff in Arena Football and NFL Europe. The experience of it all taught him the urgency to get through his progressions quickly enough to throw the ball on time to be accurate. It starts with a quick pre-snap dissect of the defensive alignment to see where his favorable matchups will be setting up in tandem with the play called. I don't watch a lot of Arena Football but I think it goes at a fast pace even time between plays.
Other QBs like Warren Moon, Doug Flutie and Jeff Garcia have played in CFL before experiencing some success at the NFL level.
-
I remember people talking about Matt Corral in a similar mold. He went all the way up to the 3rd round.
Same offense. Something I'm incredibly hesitant of when discussing 1st round QBs. I don't like my prospects being babied in their offensive systems.
That's a complaint I hear about almost all college QBs because that's the nature of the offenses they all run now.
I wish I could remember the video I was watching where the scout was complaining about this very thing.
That's a complaint I hear about almost all college QBs because that's the nature of the offenses they all run now.
I wish I could remember the video I was watching where the scout was complaining about this very thing.
It was something I began seeing and learning back just before we drafted Weeden. 2012 is when I started my film junkie life, mostly because my football playing time was over then and the NFL gave the option of buying the all-22.
That RPO-pop rage was already a real problem 10+ years ago. Makes evals even more difficult.
-
Jaxson Dart - I didn't have him highly rated, But, he does some things like Baker. Has limitations, too. He can play.
But in the third round, I'd take him. I still like Warren in the first, and Simmons/LT in the second.
-
They will be because Levis is utterly terrible.
Regarding the draft all I keep reading is that it could be the worst for many years and that there is very little first round talent?!
I like the first round. Seems solid for both lines especially.
Not great for QBs, not sure about the overall depth of the draft, which is why it might be considered weak.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2025-nfl-draft-strongest-weakest-position-groups
Pro Football Focus has it weak for QBs, linebackers and interior OLinemen. Strong for tight ends, cornerbacks, OTackles, DTackles. Good for remaining units.
I like the first round. Seems solid for both lines especially.
Not great for QBs, not sure about the overall depth of the draft, which is why it might be considered weak.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2025-nfl-draft-strongest-weakest-position-groups
Pro Football Focus has it weak for QBs, linebackers and interior OLinemen. Strong for tight ends, cornerbacks, OTackles, DTackles. Good for remaining units.
Looking at Washington's team this year, it's amazing what you can do with starting a draft at #2 overall especially when the Bears are the team drafting 1st. Daniels was amazing yesterday. I'm not sure there is a QB in this draft anywhere near the talent Daniels is; but a decent GM could make this a great draft.
Per the part about what the draft is strong at - we need OTs (LT is a must), DTs, Cornerback, Safety and how about Jack Sawyer lining up on the opposite edge of Myles (33rd overall maybe)? RB and a QB somewhere in a mid round (especially if the QB position is weak).
-
I like the first round. Seems solid for both lines especially.
Not great for QBs, not sure about the overall depth of the draft, which is why it might be considered weak.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2025-nfl-draft-strongest-weakest-position-groups
Pro Football Focus has it weak for QBs, linebackers and interior OLinemen. Strong for tight ends, cornerbacks, OTackles, DTackles. Good for remaining units.
Looking at Washington's team this year, it's amazing what you can do with starting a draft at #2 overall especially when the Bears are the team drafting 1st. Daniels was amazing yesterday. I'm not sure there is a QB in this draft anywhere near the talent Daniels is; but a decent GM could make this a great draft.
Per the part about what the draft is strong at - we need OTs (LT is a must), DTs, Cornerback, Safety and how about Jack Sawyer lining up on the opposite edge of Myles (33rd overall maybe)? RB and a QB somewhere in a mid round (especially if the QB position is weak).
-
-
-
-
we can dream tho, so what do you think of hunter at #2 ? I am hoping we can move back
I can tell you this - I don't think there's a Jayden Daniels equivalent at #2. You know who else had a REAL good game for Washington last night? Their 2nd round pick CB Mike Sainristil from TTUN. Absolutely no overthinking.
Hunter will be very tempting for the Browns. We NEED a corner and as much as I like our young WRs - this guy is on a different level to refrain from putting him in the mix . It IS fun to dream.
Right now our secondary is awful except for Ward and Mitchell. Newsome and Emerson are bullseyes for our opponents while we have the worst set of Safeties in the AFC North.
I'm glad to see OT is one of the stronger positions in this draft.
There's a very good chance the Browns could be trading back.
-
we can dream tho, so what do you think of hunter at #2 ? I am hoping we can move back
I can tell you this - I don't think there's a Jayden Daniels equivalent at #2. You know who else had a REAL good game for Washington last night? Their 2nd round pick CB Mike Sainristil from TTUN. Absolutely no overthinking.
Hunter will be very tempting for the Browns. We NEED a corner and as much as I like our young WRs - this guy is on a different level to refrain from putting him in the mix . It IS fun to dream.
Right now our secondary is awful except for Ward and Mitchell. Newsome and Emerson are bullseyes for our opponents while we have the worst set of Safeties in the AFC North.
I'm glad to see OT is one of the stronger positions in this draft.
There's a very good chance the Browns could be trading back.
-
If there is a QB they believe is a franchise QB you take him. But don't drop back farther that about 5-6, take Abdul Carter.
If there is a QB they believe is a franchise QB you take him. But don't drop back farther that about 5-6, take Abdul Carter.
I could see a trade back and then a trade up. I like Carter a lot too. There is nothing in my opinion equal to him let’s say at 12. There could be a steep overpay better than the 49ers Dolphins trade in 2021 for someone to get to 2 and much smaller ask for us to go from 12 to 6.
-
If there is a QB they believe is a franchise QB you take him. But don't drop back farther that about 5-6, take Abdul Carter.
I could see a trade back and then a trade up. I like Carter a lot too. There is nothing in my opinion equal to him let’s say at 12. There could be a steep overpay better than the 49ers Dolphins trade in 2021 for someone to get to 2 and much smaller ask for us to go from 12 to 6.
I could see a trade back and then a trade up. I like Carter a lot too. There is nothing in my opinion equal to him let’s say at 12. There could be a steep overpay better than the 49ers Dolphins trade in 2021 for someone to get to 2 and much smaller ask for us to go from 12 to 6.
If there is one player think ranks right up there with Warren....it's Abdul Carter. IT's been reported that there is legit question - will Owusu-Koramoah be able to return to football at all? Given that....I would pick Carter and have an All-pro lb for years.
Terrible injury for Koramoah - but will not be disabled - he's fortunate. I don't see him returning.
'Actually, It could come down to this:
FIRST ROUND #2 = ABDUL CARTER
TRADE BACK UP INTO LATE FIRST ROUND -
............JACK SAWYER, Ohio State, DE.
that would be cool.
-
I could see a trade back and then a trade up. I like Carter a lot too. There is nothing in my opinion equal to him let’s say at 12. There could be a steep overpay better than the 49ers Dolphins trade in 2021 for someone to get to 2 and much smaller ask for us to go from 12 to 6.
If there is one player think ranks right up there with Warren....it's Abdul Carter. IT's been reported that there is legit question - will Owusu-Koramoah be able to return to football at all? Given that....I would pick Carter and have an All-pro lb for years.
Terrible injury for Koramoah - but will not be disabled - he's fortunate. I don't see him returning.
'Actually, It could come down to this:
FIRST ROUND #2 = ABDUL CARTER
TRADE BACK UP INTO LATE FIRST ROUND -
............JACK SAWYER, Ohio State, DE.
that would be cool.
If there is one player think ranks right up there with Warren....it's Abdul Carter. IT's been reported that there is legit question - will Owusu-Koramoah be able to return to football at all? Given that....I would pick Carter and have an All-pro lb for years.
Incredibly different "LB"
-
I could see a trade back and then a trade up. I like Carter a lot too. There is nothing in my opinion equal to him let’s say at 12. There could be a steep overpay better than the 49ers Dolphins trade in 2021 for someone to get to 2 and much smaller ask for us to go from 12 to 6.
If there is one player think ranks right up there with Warren....it's Abdul Carter. IT's been reported that there is legit question - will Owusu-Koramoah be able to return to football at all? Given that....I would pick Carter and have an All-pro lb for years.
Terrible injury for Koramoah - but will not be disabled - he's fortunate. I don't see him returning.
'Actually, It could come down to this:
FIRST ROUND #2 = ABDUL CARTER
TRADE BACK UP INTO LATE FIRST ROUND -
............JACK SAWYER, Ohio State, DE.
that would be cool.
If there is one player think ranks right up there with Warren....it's Abdul Carter. IT's been reported that there is legit question - will Owusu-Koramoah be able to return to football at all? Given that....I would pick Carter and have an All-pro lb for years.
Terrible injury for Koramoah - but will not be disabled - he's fortunate. I don't see him returning.
'Actually, It could come down to this:
FIRST ROUND #2 = ABDUL CARTER
TRADE BACK UP INTO LATE FIRST ROUND -
............JACK STRAW, Ohio State, DE.
that would be cool.
So you want us to draft two Defensive Ends with first round picks?
I guess you can't have enough pass rushers, but with Myles Garrett on the team already it seems like we should possibly go in another direction with the #33 pick.
And it's Jack Sawyer ?
-
If there is a QB they believe is a franchise QB you take him. But don't drop back farther that about 5-6, take Abdul Carter.
If there is a QB they believe is a franchise QB you take him. But don't drop back farther that about 5-6, take Abdul Carter.
I agree, IF they think Ward or Sanders is a franchise QB. What I don't want them to do is force the issue and reach for one because they feel like they have to.
Love Carter, he's my favorite for the Browns. I don't think he gets past #4 though, tops.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login