Skip to content

Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick

The Browns Board
241 25 7.0k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    From all that I learned about Tour, I still keep something of a post-mordum score count on prospects I like vs the ones I believed he would (given the outline of traits and stats he would look for. 

     God love him, the fucker is still beating me from the afterlife. 

    I sure miss phone calls and private messages with ole Bruce. He and I had a lot of agreement on draft picks and politics. He pretty much convinced me to stop wasting my time trying to reason with the cult.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I sure miss phone calls and private messages with ole Bruce. He and I had a lot of agreement on draft picks and politics. He pretty much convinced me to stop wasting my time trying to reason with the cult.

    We're all in some sort of a cult.  The only thing that separates us is the level of zealotry. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    From all that I learned about Tour, I still keep something of a post-mordum score count on prospects I like vs the ones I believed he would (given the outline of traits and stats he would look for. 

     God love him, the fucker is still beating me from the afterlife. 

    I sure miss phone calls and private messages with ole Bruce. He and I had a lot of agreement on draft picks and politics. He pretty much convinced me to stop wasting my time trying to reason with the cult.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I sure miss phone calls and private messages with ole Bruce. He and I had a lot of agreement on draft picks and politics. He pretty much convinced me to stop wasting my time trying to reason with the cult.

    Tour was 100% correct on that last part. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I sure miss phone calls and private messages with ole Bruce. He and I had a lot of agreement on draft picks and politics. He pretty much convinced me to stop wasting my time trying to reason with the cult.

    We're all in some sort of a cult.  The only thing that separates us is the level of zealotry. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    We're all in some sort of a cult.  The only thing that separates us is the level of zealotry. 

    And 1300 convicted followers convicted by juries plus 300 more indicted allowed free by their instigator. Clear difference in that cult vs the Browns or Aggie cults.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    He improved a lot over his career.  I like him too.  Blocks well on the perimeter.  The Rose Bowl deflected pass catch - degree of difficulty 9/10.  He is a pros pro in the intermediate game and that is 90 percent of the NFL game.  He will play for 12 seasons.  He will not be there at 33. And watch him be a Steeler or Raven 

    I watched more OSU games than usual this year and he was really impressive. Gritty player who was seemingly overshadowed at OSU during his tenure but ended up being the most pass catchingest guy in program history. 

    I watched a fair bit of IU this year too and another wideout l like is Elijah Sarrat. The mocks seem to think he’ll end up as a udfa. I’d use a 7th round pick on him. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I watched more OSU games than usual this year and he was really impressive. Gritty player who was seemingly overshadowed at OSU during his tenure but ended up being the most pass catchingest guy in program history. 

    I watched a fair bit of IU this year too and another wideout l like is Elijah Sarrat. The mocks seem to think he’ll end up as a udfa. I’d use a 7th round pick on him. 

    Sarratt impressed me too IBB

  • Shedeur Sanders said he would love to be picked by the Titans. "I'd be very thankful."

    Of course he would be thankful if he didn't get picked by Cleveland at #2. Cam Ward said he also would be thankful. No one on gods green earth wants to go to Cleveland.

  • Shedeur Sanders said he would love to be picked by the Titans. "I'd be very thankful."

    Of course he would be thankful if he didn't get picked by Cleveland at #2. Cam Ward said he also would be thankful. No one on gods green earth wants to go to Cleveland.

    @packernation said:

    Shedeur Sanders said he would love to be picked by the Titans. "I'd be very thankful."

    Of course he would be thankful if he didn't get picked by Cleveland at #2. Cam Ward said he also would be thankful. No one on gods green earth wants to go to Cleveland.

    I’d be very thankful if you shut your pie hole. 

    Just kidding, you’re doing fine.

    I think most of these guys have put a tremendous amount of effort to get to the NFL and the higher the pick the higher the recognition, and obviously if they’re a high pick they’re going to a team that had a shitty year. 

  • @packernation said:

    Shedeur Sanders said he would love to be picked by the Titans. "I'd be very thankful."

    Of course he would be thankful if he didn't get picked by Cleveland at #2. Cam Ward said he also would be thankful. No one on gods green earth wants to go to Cleveland.

    I’d be very thankful if you shut your pie hole. 

    Just kidding, you’re doing fine.

    I think most of these guys have put a tremendous amount of effort to get to the NFL and the higher the pick the higher the recognition, and obviously if they’re a high pick they’re going to a team that had a shitty year. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I’d be very thankful if you shut your pie hole. 

    Just kidding, you’re doing fine.

    I think most of these guys have put a tremendous amount of effort to get to the NFL and the higher the pick the higher the recognition, and obviously if they’re a high pick they’re going to a team that had a shitty year. 

    Yeah, I am not high any of the top QBs actually. This is a bad QB class. Cleveland should stay away. 

  • Shedeur Sanders said he would love to be picked by the Titans. "I'd be very thankful."

    Of course he would be thankful if he didn't get picked by Cleveland at #2. Cam Ward said he also would be thankful. No one on gods green earth wants to go to Cleveland.

    @packernation said:

    No one on gods green earth wants to go to Cleveland.

    Seems like the only idiot that wants to come to Cleveland is you.

  • JaxJ Jax

    @packernation said:

    No one on gods green earth wants to go to Cleveland.

    Seems like the only idiot that wants to come to Cleveland is you.

    @jax said:

    Seems like the only idiot that wants to come to Cleveland is you.

    I am in Cleveland occasionally, never really by choice though. This is how I know the good places for steak, as I discussed in another thread.

    The strip clubs in Cleveland leave a lot to be desired. My strip clubs days are over though. Alluvia Restaurant at the Cheetah Lounge in Atlanta is a good spot.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I’d be very thankful if you shut your pie hole. 

    Just kidding, you’re doing fine.

    I think most of these guys have put a tremendous amount of effort to get to the NFL and the higher the pick the higher the recognition, and obviously if they’re a high pick they’re going to a team that had a shitty year. 

    Yeah, I am not high any of the top QBs actually. This is a bad QB class. Cleveland should stay away. 

    @packernation said:

    Yeah, I am not high any of the top QBs actually. This is a bad QB class. Cleveland should stay away. 

    That’s what l hear and l’m on board with the Brown’s going non-QB with number 2. 

    I like Kurtis Roarke from IU though, and mocks seem to indicate he’s a round 3-4 guy. 

    Tall and stocky pass first guy with gobs of experience. 

  • @packernation said:

    Yeah, I am not high any of the top QBs actually. This is a bad QB class. Cleveland should stay away. 

    That’s what l hear and l’m on board with the Brown’s going non-QB with number 2. 

    I like Kurtis Roarke from IU though, and mocks seem to indicate he’s a round 3-4 guy. 

    Tall and stocky pass first guy with gobs of experience. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    That’s what l hear and l’m on board with the Brown’s going non-QB with number 2. 

    I like Kurtis Roarke from IU though, and mocks seem to indicate he’s a round 3-4 guy. 

    Tall and stocky pass first guy with gobs of experience. 

    He'll probably go somewhere in the vicinity of where Kyle McCord goes.  2 guys that led their football programs to the type of winning season they hadn't had in years.  We saw the mulligan Roarke had against Ohio State; but how much of that was the entire team just getting beat by superior athletes?  And McCord's mulligan was against Pitt.  He threw 12 INTs in the 13 games SU played - but 5 of those were against Pitt in a season SU finished 10-3.

    I don't think Flacco was all that mobile when he led the Browns to the playoffs in Stefanski's offense - any more than Case Keenum was when he threw the game winning TD pass for Minnesota vrs the Saints in the playoffs (in Stefanski's offense). 

    Brock Purdy reminds us all what an exact science the NFL Draft can be.  People can get feisty if I bring up exceptions to the rule like Tom Brady or Kurt Warner.  Let's go to the RG3 draft - 5'11" Russell Wilson went in the 3rd round to Seattle a few months after they signed former GB back-up QB Matt Flynn to a $20.5 million $ contract.  Wilson led them to 2 Super Bowls and won 1 of them.  The Browns thought a 29 year old Brandon Weeden was a better choice in round 1.  Another QB in that same draft on that same team RG3 went to was Kirk Cousins in round 4.  If memory serves me right a Super Bowl Winning QB Nick Foles went to Philly in round 3.   Not a bad draft at all beginning in round 3.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    He improved a lot over his career.  I like him too.  Blocks well on the perimeter.  The Rose Bowl deflected pass catch - degree of difficulty 9/10.  He is a pros pro in the intermediate game and that is 90 percent of the NFL game.  He will play for 12 seasons.  He will not be there at 33. And watch him be a Steeler or Raven 

    I watched more OSU games than usual this year and he was really impressive. Gritty player who was seemingly overshadowed at OSU during his tenure but ended up being the most pass catchingest guy in program history. 

    I watched a fair bit of IU this year too and another wideout l like is Elijah Sarrat. The mocks seem to think he’ll end up as a udfa. I’d use a 7th round pick on him. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I watched more OSU games than usual this year and he was really impressive. Gritty player who was seemingly overshadowed at OSU during his tenure but ended up being the most pass catchingest guy in program history. 

    I watched a fair bit of IU this year too and another wideout l like is Elijah Sarrat. The mocks seem to think he’ll end up as a udfa. I’d use a 7th round pick on him. 

    Yep definitely Sarratt too.  Similar mold too as Egbuka.  
     

    My deep sleeper is Nick Nash San Jose State.  Watching some Late night West Coast football he’s going to make a foster.He’s a converted dual threat QB so he likely has a good head for the game.  Extremely productive and big.   

  • Do not draft Abdul Carter at #2. He will be a bust. 250lb edge rusher with no explosiveness.

    If we stay at #2, don't overthink it and take Travis Hunter. If we trade down with the Jets or Raiders, get Will Campbell to be our LT.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well I was really high on Carter, but some random high school kid took him off his draft board…. ?

    He might be related to DePodesta!!! Lol

    I enjoy reading all you guys' comments on the draft.

    I'm hoping somewhere in this draft, the Browns find a defender that is a sure tackler and goes sideline to sideline knocking people on their a$$. 

    @bob806 said:

    He might be related to DePodesta!!! Lol

    I enjoy reading all you guys' comments on the draft.

    I'm hoping somewhere in this draft, the Browns find a defender that is a sure tackler and goes sideline to sideline knocking people on their a$$. 

    I agree.  I like to see defenders who put grass stains on the opponents rather than having grass stains on their own ass.

  • Just a general reply...

    I don't agree with comments about getting a player at this position in this round and another player at another position in another round.  That's loser football.  Maybe start thinking about needs drafting in the 4th round.

    In the first 3 rounds, just draft the best player on the board.  You can always use good players....the position doesn't matter.

    We have needs all over the board.  Let the players available determine what position is drafted.  In a few years when we have some studs all over the board, fine, let needs start to dictate who you draft after round 1..

  • Just a general reply...

    I don't agree with comments about getting a player at this position in this round and another player at another position in another round.  That's loser football.  Maybe start thinking about needs drafting in the 4th round.

    In the first 3 rounds, just draft the best player on the board.  You can always use good players....the position doesn't matter.

    We have needs all over the board.  Let the players available determine what position is drafted.  In a few years when we have some studs all over the board, fine, let needs start to dictate who you draft after round 1..

    @ballpeen said:

    We have needs all over the board.  Let the players available determine what position is drafted. 

    True.  The only thing we don't need is a punter.  HOWEVER, if we see a player that we like, at a position of great need, slipping down the draft board, we shouldn't be afraid to package up a bunch of those five 6th round picks to move up and get him.

  • I don't think anything I said would preclude doing that.  In almost every scenario, the player you are moving up to get would be better than the player(s) you would get with those 6th rounders.  You also have the flexibility to trade down.

    In any draft where you might have 250 players rated it isn't going to perfectly fall 1 through 250. Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade.  In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.

    Also, when you have groupings of players, you can then go for the players at a position you have placed as a higher priority....e.g. needs.

    Also, I knew someone was going to mention punter or long snapper....really????

  • Every draft cycle someone comes on here pontificating about taking the best player available like they’ve just discovered a new planet or invented a battery that lasts for 25 years ?

  • Do not draft Abdul Carter at #2. He will be a bust. 250lb edge rusher with no explosiveness.

    If we stay at #2, don't overthink it and take Travis Hunter. If we trade down with the Jets or Raiders, get Will Campbell to be our LT.

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Do not draft Abdul Carter at #2. He will be a bust. 250lb edge rusher with no explosiveness.

    If we stay at #2, don't overthink it and take Travis Hunter. If we trade down with the Jets or Raiders, get Will Campbell to be our LT.

    Yeah, the character flags on Carter - it would be like the Browns to make that mistake. Braylon Edwards.........Johnny Manziel...

    eh.....William Green........and several draftees who were not really football players at the pro level...

    I think Dawand Jones might start at LT. With a bit of a trade down, I would consider Josh Simmions, LT/RT as a great pick.

    I still see Tyler Warren as a great pick.

    If Hunter doesn't go #1. he would be an outstanding pick. But, would he want to play for the Browns? The HC is not much of a creative genius, to use Hunter's talents.

  • I don't think anything I said would preclude doing that.  In almost every scenario, the player you are moving up to get would be better than the player(s) you would get with those 6th rounders.  You also have the flexibility to trade down.

    In any draft where you might have 250 players rated it isn't going to perfectly fall 1 through 250. Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade.  In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.

    Also, when you have groupings of players, you can then go for the players at a position you have placed as a higher priority....e.g. needs.

    Also, I knew someone was going to mention punter or long snapper....really????

    @ballpeen said:

    Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade.  In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.