Skip to content

Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick

The Browns Board
241 25 7.0k
  • @browns149 said:

    Does it really matter who makes the pick? The owner is a loser 

    But we can’t fire the owner.

    @canton-dawg said:

    But we can’t fire the owner.

    Do yaz remember back when Randy Lerner owned the team?  And how everyone blamed him?  And how everyone wanted him to sell the team?  Well I was one that kept saying, What's wrong with Randy?  He's a Browns fan like we are!  He doesn't meddle in the team goings on!  He just signs the checks.  And as many of them as the team asks for.  What more do ya want?   I kept explaining about, The Devil That You Know.

    Well, youz guys got your wish.  Randy finally said, Fuck this and sold the team.  So you all should be happy now.  Right?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    But we can’t fire the owner.

    Do yaz remember back when Randy Lerner owned the team?  And how everyone blamed him?  And how everyone wanted him to sell the team?  Well I was one that kept saying, What's wrong with Randy?  He's a Browns fan like we are!  He doesn't meddle in the team goings on!  He just signs the checks.  And as many of them as the team asks for.  What more do ya want?   I kept explaining about, The Devil That You Know.

    Well, youz guys got your wish.  Randy finally said, Fuck this and sold the team.  So you all should be happy now.  Right?

    @orion said:

    He's a Browns fan like we are!

    if I remember correctly he hated the browns and in his fathers will he forbade JR. from selling the team for X amount of years, The day that came he sold quick as shit so he could buy a soccer team. So yes his father loved the browns but not jr. he hated the team and us, why do you think he sold to haslem ? that's right just so the pain would continue 

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    He's a Browns fan like we are!

    if I remember correctly he hated the browns and in his fathers will he forbade JR. from selling the team for X amount of years, The day that came he sold quick as shit so he could buy a soccer team. So yes his father loved the browns but not jr. he hated the team and us, why do you think he sold to haslem ? that's right just so the pain would continue 

    @syd said:

    if I remember correctly he hated the browns and in his fathers will he forbade JR. from selling the team for X amount of years, The day that came he sold quick as shit so he could buy a soccer team. So yes his father loved the browns but not jr. he hated the team and us, why do you think he sold to haslem ? that's right just so the pain would continue 

    That's not what I remember at all.  And he already HAD the soccer team.

  • @syd said:

    if I remember correctly he hated the browns and in his fathers will he forbade JR. from selling the team for X amount of years, The day that came he sold quick as shit so he could buy a soccer team. So yes his father loved the browns but not jr. he hated the team and us, why do you think he sold to haslem ? that's right just so the pain would continue 

    That's not what I remember at all.  And he already HAD the soccer team.

    @orion said:

    That's not what I remember at all.  And he already HAD the soccer team.

    as I said in a different thread, Being a Browns fan can cause brain damage

  • Here's an idea, after watching the Bucs play the Saints this evening,

    trade down to #9, pick up some great draft picks from the Saints,

    and convince the Saints to include their backup qb, Spencer Rattler - who was drafted last year in the FIFTH ROUND

    by the Saints.

    The kid can PLAY. Bucs still pulled it out.

  • why not trade with Minnesota for the qb they drafted last year 

  • We also hold probably the best spot in draft for trades starting Day 2.  We are 33 (top pick in the second round). 

  • We also hold probably the best spot in draft for trades starting Day 2.  We are 33 (top pick in the second round). 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We also hold probably the best spot in draft for trades starting Day 2.  We are 33 (top pick in the second round). 

    did Tennessee trade that pick away ? at some point in the past

  • @canton-dawg said:

    But we can’t fire the owner.

    Do yaz remember back when Randy Lerner owned the team?  And how everyone blamed him?  And how everyone wanted him to sell the team?  Well I was one that kept saying, What's wrong with Randy?  He's a Browns fan like we are!  He doesn't meddle in the team goings on!  He just signs the checks.  And as many of them as the team asks for.  What more do ya want?   I kept explaining about, The Devil That You Know.

    Well, youz guys got your wish.  Randy finally said, Fuck this and sold the team.  So you all should be happy now.  Right?

    @orion said:

    Do yaz remember back when Randy Lerner owned the team?  And how everyone blamed him?  And how everyone wanted him to sell the team?  Well I was one that kept saying, What's wrong with Randy?  He's a Browns fan like we are!  He doesn't meddle in the team goings on!  He just signs the checks.  And as many of them as the team asks for.  What more do ya want?   I kept explaining about, The Devil That You Know.

    Well, youz guys got your wish.  Randy finally said, Fuck this and sold the team.  So you all should be happy now.  Right?

    Randy Lerner was a horrible owner and Jimmy Haslam is a horrible owner.

    I think we would be happy if the Browns had an owner who wasn't horrible. 

  • sydS syd

    why not trade with Minnesota for the qb they drafted last year 

    @syd said:

    why not trade with Minnesota for the qb they drafted last year 

    FUCK.

    THAT. 

    NOISE. 

  • @syd said:

    why not trade with Minnesota for the qb they drafted last year 

    FUCK.

    THAT. 

    NOISE. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    FUCK.

    THAT. 

    NOISE. 

    could have sworn I heard he was having a good training camp before he got hurt

  • We also hold probably the best spot in draft for trades starting Day 2.  We are 33 (top pick in the second round). 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We also hold probably the best spot in draft for trades starting Day 2.  We are 33 (top pick in the second round). 

    Wait.... why?

    Do we get the top pick of Round 2 because we lost the tie-breaker to the Titans in Round 1? 

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    FUCK.

    THAT. 

    NOISE. 

    could have sworn I heard he was having a good training camp before he got hurt

    @syd said:

    could have sworn I heard he was having a good training camp before he got hurt

    The Vikings might decide to sign Darnold long-term and trade that yoga-lovin' boy band looking fuck, but I don't buy him being worth a top 10 pick in the NFL at all. 

  • @syd said:

    could have sworn I heard he was having a good training camp before he got hurt

    The Vikings might decide to sign Darnold long-term and trade that yoga-lovin' boy band looking fuck, but I don't buy him being worth a top 10 pick in the NFL at all. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Vikings might decide to sign Darnold long-term and trade that yoga-lovin' boy band looking fuck, but I don't buy him being worth a top 10 pick in the NFL at all. 

    I wonder where he would grade out with this years qb class ? and yes no way in hell would i give up the 2nd pick for him

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Vikings might decide to sign Darnold long-term and trade that yoga-lovin' boy band looking fuck, but I don't buy him being worth a top 10 pick in the NFL at all. 

    I wonder where he would grade out with this years qb class ? and yes no way in hell would i give up the 2nd pick for him

    @syd said:

    I wonder where he would grade out with this years qb class ? and yes no way in hell would i give up the 2nd pick for him

    That's a good question... 

    I wouldn't be shocked if Sanders and/or Ward actually get drafted way lower than we all are thinking right now. Like if you told me that one fell out of the top 10 or so, I'd believe it. 

  • Draft best player available. Seems simple, which means Berry won't do it.

  • Is some hybrid WR/CB seriously going #1 ?

    I’d be amazed if NFL teams would put one player through both sides of the game like that. Surely he’ll end up one or the other 

  • sydS syd

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We also hold probably the best spot in draft for trades starting Day 2.  We are 33 (top pick in the second round). 

    did Tennessee trade that pick away ? at some point in the past

    @syd said:

    did Tennessee trade that pick away ? at some point in the past

    If you end with the same record the order flips among those teams in the later rounds 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    We also hold probably the best spot in draft for trades starting Day 2.  We are 33 (top pick in the second round). 

    Wait.... why?

    Do we get the top pick of Round 2 because we lost the tie-breaker to the Titans in Round 1? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Wait.... why?

    Do we get the top pick of Round 2 because we lost the tie-breaker to the Titans in Round 1? 

    With a tied record order flips in later rounds.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Wait.... why?

    Do we get the top pick of Round 2 because we lost the tie-breaker to the Titans in Round 1? 

    With a tied record order flips in later rounds.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    With a tied record order flips in later rounds.  

    Man, having the first pick of Round 2 is awesome.