Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick
-
Just a general reply...
I don't agree with comments about getting a player at this position in this round and another player at another position in another round. That's loser football. Maybe start thinking about needs drafting in the 4th round.
In the first 3 rounds, just draft the best player on the board. You can always use good players....the position doesn't matter.
We have needs all over the board. Let the players available determine what position is drafted. In a few years when we have some studs all over the board, fine, let needs start to dictate who you draft after round 1..
-
Just a general reply...
I don't agree with comments about getting a player at this position in this round and another player at another position in another round. That's loser football. Maybe start thinking about needs drafting in the 4th round.
In the first 3 rounds, just draft the best player on the board. You can always use good players....the position doesn't matter.
We have needs all over the board. Let the players available determine what position is drafted. In a few years when we have some studs all over the board, fine, let needs start to dictate who you draft after round 1..
We have needs all over the board. Let the players available determine what position is drafted.
True. The only thing we don't need is a punter. HOWEVER, if we see a player that we like, at a position of great need, slipping down the draft board, we shouldn't be afraid to package up a bunch of those five 6th round picks to move up and get him.
-
I don't think anything I said would preclude doing that. In almost every scenario, the player you are moving up to get would be better than the player(s) you would get with those 6th rounders. You also have the flexibility to trade down.
In any draft where you might have 250 players rated it isn't going to perfectly fall 1 through 250. Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade. In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.
Also, when you have groupings of players, you can then go for the players at a position you have placed as a higher priority....e.g. needs.
Also, I knew someone was going to mention punter or long snapper....really????
-
Every draft cycle someone comes on here pontificating about taking the best player available like they’ve just discovered a new planet or invented a battery that lasts for 25 years ?
-
Do not draft Abdul Carter at #2. He will be a bust. 250lb edge rusher with no explosiveness.
If we stay at #2, don't overthink it and take Travis Hunter. If we trade down with the Jets or Raiders, get Will Campbell to be our LT.
Do not draft Abdul Carter at #2. He will be a bust. 250lb edge rusher with no explosiveness.
If we stay at #2, don't overthink it and take Travis Hunter. If we trade down with the Jets or Raiders, get Will Campbell to be our LT.
Yeah, the character flags on Carter - it would be like the Browns to make that mistake. Braylon Edwards.........Johnny Manziel...
eh.....William Green........and several draftees who were not really football players at the pro level...
I think Dawand Jones might start at LT. With a bit of a trade down, I would consider Josh Simmions, LT/RT as a great pick.
I still see Tyler Warren as a great pick.
If Hunter doesn't go #1. he would be an outstanding pick. But, would he want to play for the Browns? The HC is not much of a creative genius, to use Hunter's talents.
-
I don't think anything I said would preclude doing that. In almost every scenario, the player you are moving up to get would be better than the player(s) you would get with those 6th rounders. You also have the flexibility to trade down.
In any draft where you might have 250 players rated it isn't going to perfectly fall 1 through 250. Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade. In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.
Also, when you have groupings of players, you can then go for the players at a position you have placed as a higher priority....e.g. needs.
Also, I knew someone was going to mention punter or long snapper....really????
Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade. In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.
Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks. I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.
-
Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade. In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.
Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks. I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.
-
How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?
I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.
-
How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?
I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.
I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.
Nah, that was the coaches.
-
How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?
I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.
I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.
Who?
-
I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.
Who?
Who?
don't say his name 3 times
-
Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade. In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.
Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks. I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.
Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks. I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.
Maybe I wasn't clear. Maybe I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. I was speaking trading down with a high pick...like trading out of 2 down to 5 or maybe 8-9.
Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year. Then it would make some sense.
I agree on 6th rounders down. For the most part they are just a jump on your UDFA signings.
-
Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks. I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.
Maybe I wasn't clear. Maybe I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. I was speaking trading down with a high pick...like trading out of 2 down to 5 or maybe 8-9.
Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year. Then it would make some sense.
I agree on 6th rounders down. For the most part they are just a jump on your UDFA signings.
-
-
I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.
Who?
Who?
I’m pretty sure it was the same guy that called offensive lineman fat asses. ?
-
didn't we do something like that with baltimore a few years ago
Yes. In our finite wisdom we let them have Nagata and we took Babbatu (sp?)
I was speaking trading down with a high pick...like trading out of 2 down to 5 or maybe 8-9.
OK. Sure. If you just don't value anyone to spend the #2 overall pick on. - And I'm thinking more in terms of moving up in, or into, day two.
-
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login