Skip to content

Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick

The Browns Board
241 25 7.0k
  • I don't think anything I said would preclude doing that.  In almost every scenario, the player you are moving up to get would be better than the player(s) you would get with those 6th rounders.  You also have the flexibility to trade down.

    In any draft where you might have 250 players rated it isn't going to perfectly fall 1 through 250. Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade.  In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.

    Also, when you have groupings of players, you can then go for the players at a position you have placed as a higher priority....e.g. needs.

    Also, I knew someone was going to mention punter or long snapper....really????

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade.  In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade.  In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @orion said:

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

    How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?

  • @orion said:

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

    How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?

    I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?

    I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.

    Nah, that was the coaches.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    How many sixth and seventh grade rounders do we have now in this upcoming draft?

    I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.

    Who?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.

    Who?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who?

    don't say his name 3 times 

  • @ballpeen said:

    Somewhere in there you are going to have players with pretty much the same grade.  In that case it makes sense to move down to get more value later in the draft.

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen

    @orion said:

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

    Maybe I wasn't clear.  Maybe I thought it was obvious, but I guess not.  I was speaking trading down with a high pick...like trading out of 2 down to 5 or maybe 8-9.

    Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year.  Then it would make some sense.

    I agree on 6th rounders down.  For the most part they are just a jump on your UDFA signings.

  • @orion said:

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

    Maybe I wasn't clear.  Maybe I thought it was obvious, but I guess not.  I was speaking trading down with a high pick...like trading out of 2 down to 5 or maybe 8-9.

    Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year.  Then it would make some sense.

    I agree on 6th rounders down.  For the most part they are just a jump on your UDFA signings.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

  • sydS syd

    @ballpeen said:

    Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    I am pretty sure we have.  I couldn't say with who or when.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I think Ghoulie referred to them as “coffee fetchers”.

    Who?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who?

    I’m pretty sure it was the same guy that called offensive lineman fat asses. ?

  • sydS syd

    @ballpeen said:

    Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    Yes.  In our finite wisdom we let them have Nagata and we took Babbatu (sp?)

    @ballpeen said:

    I was speaking trading down with a high pick...like trading out of 2 down to 5 or maybe 8-9.

    OK.  Sure.  If you just don't value anyone to spend the #2 overall pick on.  -  And I'm thinking more in terms of moving up in, or into, day two.  

  • sydS syd

    @ballpeen said:

    Trading down in the 6th is pretty stupid to consider unless a team was going to give you a 4th-5th next year

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

  • @syd said:

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    I was thinking of something more recent, But i could be wrong

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    I was thinking of something more recent, But i could be wrong

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    I was thinking of something more recent, But i could be wrong

    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken lol

  • sydS syd

    @bob806 said:

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    I was thinking of something more recent, But i could be wrong

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    I was thinking of something more recent, But i could be wrong

    Nope, found it you were correct!! As for me, oh well...

    Screenshot_20250127-170302.png

  • @syd said:

    I was thinking of something more recent, But i could be wrong

    Nope, found it you were correct!! As for me, oh well...

    Screenshot_20250127-170302.png

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Nope, found it you were correct!! As for me, oh well...

    Screenshot_20250127-170302.png

    Thats it, Where in the hell did you find that ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • @syd said:

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @bob806 said:

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    Nope, you were right when you thought you were wrong once... ?

    The Browns took Kamerion Wimbley, DE from Florida State.  

    We passed on Ben Roethlisberger and drafted Winslow Jr in another draft. 

  • @syd said:

    didn't we do something like that with baltimore  a few years ago

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    KDub was the 04' draft. 

    Ngata was 06. 

  • @bob806 said:

    Yep. They took Ngata, we took K Winslow jr

    KDub was the 04' draft. 

    Ngata was 06. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    KDub was the 04' draft. 

    Ngata was 06. 

    LMAO does it really matter at how bad we have sucked at drafting