Skip to content

Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick

The Browns Board
241 25 7.0k
  • Can we save us all some time focus on pick #33 and just turn the card in now for Abdul Carter. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Can we save us all some time focus on pick #33 and just turn the card in now for Abdul Carter. 

    That you Myles??

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I’ve never done one of these mock draft simulators before. Here’s my results.

    I figure you gotta take the generational talent with the top pick if you can, right? So l went with Hunter.

    I was happy to get Graham in round 2. 

    I went for Rourke from IU a couple picks later. He intrigues me, a tall traditional pocket passer type guy who was an Ohio Bobcat before transferring to IU for their best season in years.

    I just tried to fill positions after that. 

    IMG_3167.jpeg

    If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house

    @mld-woody said:

    If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house

    There's no way that happens.

  • Can we save us all some time focus on pick #33 and just turn the card in now for Abdul Carter. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Can we save us all some time focus on pick #33 and just turn the card in now for Abdul Carter. 

    He was as good as advertised so I'm guessing he doesn't last until #33 overall. The injury he has could push him down a little in the 1st round though.

    As impressive as he looks, do I dare ask if Cleveland (with growing concerns about Jimmy's selected Sports Med staff) is a compatible fit for a guy already on a pitch count for an injury to his shoulder?  The next level, now plays 17 games a year where sometimes these games are only 4 days apart. 

    Yesterday, Abdul Carter lined up on the edge where he was able to use his healthy shoulder getting past the OT while maintaining ideal outside leverage throughout closing on the passer. However, all attempts to help the OT with RBs/TEs chipping and hitting his outside shoulder invited some flare-ups to remind him why the game plan limited his reps.

    Have you heard anything about JOK's prognosis with his injury?  This defense really needs him.  He was the best draft pick Berry has made. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Can we save us all some time focus on pick #33 and just turn the card in now for Abdul Carter. 

    He was as good as advertised so I'm guessing he doesn't last until #33 overall. The injury he has could push him down a little in the 1st round though.

    As impressive as he looks, do I dare ask if Cleveland (with growing concerns about Jimmy's selected Sports Med staff) is a compatible fit for a guy already on a pitch count for an injury to his shoulder?  The next level, now plays 17 games a year where sometimes these games are only 4 days apart. 

    Yesterday, Abdul Carter lined up on the edge where he was able to use his healthy shoulder getting past the OT while maintaining ideal outside leverage throughout closing on the passer. However, all attempts to help the OT with RBs/TEs chipping and hitting his outside shoulder invited some flare-ups to remind him why the game plan limited his reps.

    Have you heard anything about JOK's prognosis with his injury?  This defense really needs him.  He was the best draft pick Berry has made. 

    @flugel said:

    Have you heard anything about JOK's prognosis with his injury?  This defense really needs him.  He was the best draft pick Berry has made. 

    Right....if the Browns do one thing well, it's no leaks from the building on anything.

    Here's hoping he fully recovers & plays again, but I don't think we should count on that happening.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Can we save us all some time focus on pick #33 and just turn the card in now for Abdul Carter. 

    He was as good as advertised so I'm guessing he doesn't last until #33 overall. The injury he has could push him down a little in the 1st round though.

    As impressive as he looks, do I dare ask if Cleveland (with growing concerns about Jimmy's selected Sports Med staff) is a compatible fit for a guy already on a pitch count for an injury to his shoulder?  The next level, now plays 17 games a year where sometimes these games are only 4 days apart. 

    Yesterday, Abdul Carter lined up on the edge where he was able to use his healthy shoulder getting past the OT while maintaining ideal outside leverage throughout closing on the passer. However, all attempts to help the OT with RBs/TEs chipping and hitting his outside shoulder invited some flare-ups to remind him why the game plan limited his reps.

    Have you heard anything about JOK's prognosis with his injury?  This defense really needs him.  He was the best draft pick Berry has made. 

    @flugel said:

    He was as good as advertised so I'm guessing he doesn't last until #33 overall. The injury he has could push him down a little in the 1st round though.

    As impressive as he looks, do I dare ask if Cleveland (with growing concerns about Jimmy's selected Sports Med staff) is a compatible fit for a guy already on a pitch count for an injury to his shoulder?  The next level, now plays 17 games a year where sometimes these games are only 4 days apart. 

    Yesterday, Abdul Carter lined up on the edge where he was able to use his healthy shoulder getting past the OT while maintaining ideal outside leverage throughout closing on the passer. However, all attempts to help the OT with RBs/TEs chipping and hitting his outside shoulder invited some flare-ups to remind him why the game plan limited his reps.

    Have you heard anything about JOK's prognosis with his injury?  This defense really needs him.  He was the best draft pick Berry has made. 

    I’m saying don’t mess around if a trade doesn’t blow you away and take him at #2.  Turn the focus to finding talent at #33.

    Carter is a top 5 pick.

  • @flugel said:

    He was as good as advertised so I'm guessing he doesn't last until #33 overall. The injury he has could push him down a little in the 1st round though.

    As impressive as he looks, do I dare ask if Cleveland (with growing concerns about Jimmy's selected Sports Med staff) is a compatible fit for a guy already on a pitch count for an injury to his shoulder?  The next level, now plays 17 games a year where sometimes these games are only 4 days apart. 

    Yesterday, Abdul Carter lined up on the edge where he was able to use his healthy shoulder getting past the OT while maintaining ideal outside leverage throughout closing on the passer. However, all attempts to help the OT with RBs/TEs chipping and hitting his outside shoulder invited some flare-ups to remind him why the game plan limited his reps.

    Have you heard anything about JOK's prognosis with his injury?  This defense really needs him.  He was the best draft pick Berry has made. 

    I’m saying don’t mess around if a trade doesn’t blow you away and take him at #2.  Turn the focus to finding talent at #33.

    Carter is a top 5 pick.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying don’t mess around if a trade doesn’t blow you away and take him at #2.  Turn the focus to finding talent at #33.

    Carter is a top 5 pick.

    Wouldn’t you think we’ll take Travis Hunter if he’s sitting at 2? He’s supposed to be the “generational talent” right? 

  • @mld-woody said:

    If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house

    There's no way that happens.

    @flugel said:

    There's no way that happens.

    Short of him murdering someone in the next couple months, no.

  • No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying don’t mess around if a trade doesn’t blow you away and take him at #2.  Turn the focus to finding talent at #33.

    Carter is a top 5 pick.

    Wouldn’t you think we’ll take Travis Hunter if he’s sitting at 2? He’s supposed to be the “generational talent” right? 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Wouldn’t you think we’ll take Travis Hunter if he’s sitting at 2? He’s supposed to be the “generational talent” right? 

    We might.  Very talented obviously no character issues and a 4.0 student 
     

    Do you play him at WR? CB?  Both? 
     

    I like franchise altering QBs or pass rushers in the top 10 

  • No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

    @mld-woody said:

    No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

    Fuck. That. Noise. ?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Wouldn’t you think we’ll take Travis Hunter if he’s sitting at 2? He’s supposed to be the “generational talent” right? 

    We might.  Very talented obviously no character issues and a 4.0 student 
     

    Do you play him at WR? CB?  Both? 
     

    I like franchise altering QBs or pass rushers in the top 10 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We might.  Very talented obviously no character issues and a 4.0 student 
     

    Do you play him at WR? CB?  Both? 
     

    I like franchise altering QBs or pass rushers in the top 10 

    I’d take Carter before Hunter if I was staying at #2, but I wouldn’t be mad if they took Hunter.

  • @syd said:

    well at least we got a first back from the trent trade

    It's typical of the Browns - they seem to draft over numbers, not the

    heart of the guy, and how much he loves the game. So many mistakes they have made.

    When they drafted Manziel, I was stunned by the stupidity. It was STUPID. I didn't like any of the qbs. And they drafted Justin Gilbert ahead of Kyle Fuller. Or they could

    have drafted Aaron Donald. etc etc.

      The mistakes by the Browns in the draft has become legendary.

    But Manziel was #1 in this list: (note - it's azzhole hazzlams doing......

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2954923-ranking-the-7-biggest-nfl-draft-mistakes-of-the-past-10-years

    "The next two quarterbacks taken in the 2014 draft, Teddy Twatwater and Derek Carr, have both been to the Pro Bowl. Carr is entrenched as the Raiders starter and just took his team to the postseason. Manziel is gearing up for a second season with Fan Controlled Football.

    What makes the drafting of Manziel worse is that Cleveland was initially in on Carr.

    "They really love him. The feeling with many in football is that Cleveland will take Carr with its 26th pick," Mike Freeman wrote for Bleacher Report before the draft.

    However, Franchise owner Jimmy Haslam, who took over the team in 2012, intervened. According to ESPN's Seth Wickersham, then-GM Ray Farmer traded up for Manziel instead of taking Bridgewater or Carr as a "concession" to the owner.

    The result was one of the worst picks of the expansion-era Browns and another stop on Cleveland's path of passer purgatory."

    @calfoxwc said:

    It's typical of the Browns - they seem to draft over numbers, not the

    heart of the guy, and how much he loves the game. So many mistakes they have made.

    When they drafted Manziel, I was stunned by the stupidity. It was STUPID. I didn't like any of the qbs. And they drafted Justin Gilbert ahead of Kyle Fuller. Or they could

    have drafted Aaron Donald. etc etc.

      The mistakes by the Browns in the draft has become legendary.

    But Manziel was #1 in this list: (note - it's azzhole hazzlams doing......

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2954923-ranking-the-7-biggest-nfl-draft-mistakes-of-the-past-10-years

    "The next two quarterbacks taken in the 2014 draft, Teddy Twatwater and Derek Carr, have both been to the Pro Bowl. Carr is entrenched as the Raiders starter and just took his team to the postseason. Manziel is gearing up for a second season with Fan Controlled Football.

    What makes the drafting of Manziel worse is that Cleveland was initially in on Carr.

    "They really love him. The feeling with many in football is that Cleveland will take Carr with its 26th pick," Mike Freeman wrote for Bleacher Report before the draft.

    However, Franchise owner Jimmy Haslam, who took over the team in 2012, intervened. According to ESPN's Seth Wickersham, then-GM Ray Farmer traded up for Manziel instead of taking Bridgewater or Carr as a "concession" to the owner.

    The result was one of the worst picks of the expansion-era Browns and another stop on Cleveland's path of passer purgatory."

    pathetic isn't it 

  • @flugel said:

    He was as good as advertised so I'm guessing he doesn't last until #33 overall. The injury he has could push him down a little in the 1st round though.

    As impressive as he looks, do I dare ask if Cleveland (with growing concerns about Jimmy's selected Sports Med staff) is a compatible fit for a guy already on a pitch count for an injury to his shoulder?  The next level, now plays 17 games a year where sometimes these games are only 4 days apart. 

    Yesterday, Abdul Carter lined up on the edge where he was able to use his healthy shoulder getting past the OT while maintaining ideal outside leverage throughout closing on the passer. However, all attempts to help the OT with RBs/TEs chipping and hitting his outside shoulder invited some flare-ups to remind him why the game plan limited his reps.

    Have you heard anything about JOK's prognosis with his injury?  This defense really needs him.  He was the best draft pick Berry has made. 

    I’m saying don’t mess around if a trade doesn’t blow you away and take him at #2.  Turn the focus to finding talent at #33.

    Carter is a top 5 pick.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying don’t mess around if a trade doesn’t blow you away and take him at #2.  Turn the focus to finding talent at #33.

    Carter is a top 5 pick.

    ? ? I hear ya!

  • No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

    @mld-woody said:

    No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

    I hear he’s pretty good at getting signs from the sidelines!

  • No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

    @mld-woody said:

    No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

     If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2.   Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else. 

     And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.

  • @mld-woody said:

    No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

     If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2.   Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else. 

     And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.

    @tiamat63 said:

    And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.

    I 100% agree with this.

  • @mld-woody said:

    No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...

    The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold

    JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class. 

    If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought 

     If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2.   Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else. 

     And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.

    @tiamat63 said:

     If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2.   Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else. 

     And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.

    I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two. 

    Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know

  • QBs Drafted by Year

    It's interesting how the bigger the crops shoot of selecting a QB gets, the more owners want to engage. 

  • I've said this before, but if Ohio State DT Tyleik Willams is still on the board at #33, I'd love for the Browns to take him. Dude is a beast inside. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I’ve never done one of these mock draft simulators before. Here’s my results.

    I figure you gotta take the generational talent with the top pick if you can, right? So l went with Hunter.

    I was happy to get Graham in round 2. 

    I went for Rourke from IU a couple picks later. He intrigues me, a tall traditional pocket passer type guy who was an Ohio Bobcat before transferring to IU for their best season in years.

    I just tried to fill positions after that. 

    IMG_3167.jpeg

    If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house

    @mld-woody said:

    If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house

    Don't you mess with my rent-free.  Come on now.   

    I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed.  For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2.  Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that? 

    This is creepy -  @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about...  Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact.  That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.