Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick
-
No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...
The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold
JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class.
If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought
If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2. Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else.
And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.
-
No way for me to say this without coming off as a homer, but ...
The Vikings might trade JJ McCarthy with the resurgence of Sam Darnold
JJ is a year younger than Cam and Shadeur, he's got a year as an NFL player already, and there are analysts saying he'd be the highest rated QB in this class.
If we wanted to go QB... Just a thought
If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2. Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else.
And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.
If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2. Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else.
And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.
I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two.
Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know
-
It's interesting how the bigger the crops shoot of selecting a QB gets, the more owners want to engage.
-
I've said this before, but if Ohio State DT Tyleik Willams is still on the board at #33, I'd love for the Browns to take him. Dude is a beast inside.
-
I’ve never done one of these mock draft simulators before. Here’s my results.
I figure you gotta take the generational talent with the top pick if you can, right? So l went with Hunter.
I was happy to get Graham in round 2.
I went for Rourke from IU a couple picks later. He intrigues me, a tall traditional pocket passer type guy who was an Ohio Bobcat before transferring to IU for their best season in years.
I just tried to fill positions after that.
If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house
If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
-
I've said this before, but if Ohio State DT Tyleik Willams is still on the board at #33, I'd love for the Browns to take him. Dude is a beast inside.
I've said this before, but if Ohio State DT Tyleik Willams is still on the board at #33, I'd love for the Browns to take him. Dude is a beast inside.
Tell you what, Donovan Jackson's draft stock has to be soaring through the roof if he's coming out. Could you ask for a better replacement for Simmons at LT especially from an OG?
-
If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
I agree on Graham. That is the problem with draft simulators. They are fantasy. That said, if you did a simulation and Graham was sitting there at 33, you would take him as well.
It is what it is.
-
I've said this before, but if Ohio State DT Tyleik Willams is still on the board at #33, I'd love for the Browns to take him. Dude is a beast inside.
Tell you what, Donovan Jackson's draft stock has to be soaring through the roof if he's coming out. Could you ask for a better replacement for Simmons at LT especially from an OG?
Tell you what, Donovan Jackson's draft stock has to be soaring through the roof if he's coming out. Could you ask for a better replacement for Simmons at LT especially from an OG?
Honestly the Browns could pretty much limit their draft to Ohio State, Penn State and TTUN this year and I’d be fine with it. Jackson would be a great choice at 33 too.
-
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
I agree on Graham. That is the problem with draft simulators. They are fantasy. That said, if you did a simulation and Graham was sitting there at 33, you would take him as well.
It is what it is.
I agree on Graham. That is the problem with draft simulators. They are fantasy. That said, if you did a simulation and Graham was sitting there at 33, you would take him as well.
It is what it is.
True; and those draft simulators are fun. I would do one where I take him at 33 if he's available - and I'd do another one where I think (uh-oh) it's closer to the way it will unfold.
-
Tell you what, Donovan Jackson's draft stock has to be soaring through the roof if he's coming out. Could you ask for a better replacement for Simmons at LT especially from an OG?
Honestly the Browns could pretty much limit their draft to Ohio State, Penn State and TTUN this year and I’d be fine with it. Jackson would be a great choice at 33 too.
Honestly the Browns could pretty much limit their draft to Ohio State, Penn State and TTUN this year and I’d be fine with it. Jackson would be a great choice at 33 too.
Absolutely!
If we trade back (depending how far), TTUN has a corner Will's John's son and/or a DT I'd be happy to refer to as Ma Son if we take him. I'm already doing that. That or Vanilla Ice designed my speel checker...
-
If Graham drops to the second round I'll give you my house
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
??
-
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
??
??
-
Don't you mess with my rent-free. Come on now.
I don't see this guy sliding out of the top 10; but sometimes various positions get draft snobbed. For example, a 6'2" 245 pound National Champion & Heisman Trophy winning RB Derrick Henry going 45th overall in round 2. Talk about bigger, faster, stronger and nobody wanted him earlier than that?
This is creepy - @texasag1969 is probably still sleeping and I just got a telepathic intercept of what he's thinking about... Instead of counting sheep, he's taking inventory of Henry's TDs, rush yards, broken tackles, yards after contact. That or the Derrick Henry Herald never sleeps.
??
??
?
-
??
Jim Brown didn't need stiff arms.
-
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
-
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
-
I don’t think Henry will make it to the SB year.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
I think KC has to be the favorite in the AFC.
But I can’t rule out the Bills, since they beat KC (at home) and beat Detroit.
If they are clicking on all cylinders, they’ll be tough to beat.
-
Unfortunately, it'll probably be the Chiefs again. I think they have the best defense and DC in he playoffs aside from the task of stopping Mahomes @ KC.
I'd like to see Buffalo do it but in recent years their Defense collapsed in the playoffs.
I think KC has to be the favorite in the AFC.
But I can’t rule out the Bills, since they beat KC (at home) and beat Detroit.
If they are clicking on all cylinders, they’ll be tough to beat.
I think KC has to be the favorite in the AFC.
But I can’t rule out the Bills, since they beat KC (at home) and beat Detroit.
If they are clicking on all cylinders, they’ll be tough to beat.
Agreed. The big thing is can anyone knock KC out of the playoffs since Burrow and the Bengals did it? I think Baltimore ran all over Buffalo during the season; but I feel like Buffalo would match up good with them at home later this week.
-
Sam Darnold = Not quite as good as Baker Mayfield
Deshaun Watson = Not quite as good as Matthew Stafford
So, the idea was that there was no good QB in the draft (Kenny Picket). And the Browns were not content with Baker Mayfield. The Rams traded Jared Goff to get Matthew Stafford and won the Super Bowl. So the Browns traded Mayfield for Watson (in a manner of speaking - 3 draft picks and all). And the culmination of that whole plan was for the Browns to now have the QB to win the Super Bowl.
I didn't fault them for doing it because I had reservations about Mayfield (as the organization did).
So, now we're in current times and Watson is a broken down QB...and we've got no other on the team.
We just saw Sam Darnold lose to the Rams. As Tia stated somewhere, and as I had felt all season long, 'Sam Darnold is Sam Darnold'. He didn't morph into a great QB despite the Vikings' record.
What do we do for a QB for next season?
-
If JJ would be the highest rated QB in this class then there's absolutely no way you take Ward or Sanders at #2. Your comment is more of a damning than it is anything else.
And Darnold is still Darnold. He'll show that in the playoffs at some point.
I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two.
Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know
I don't think we should take Ward or Sanders at two.
Darnold could definitely choke. But you never know
Still Darnold.
Vikes aren't letting JJ go.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login