Skip to content

Hypothetical - Where do you draft Skattebo?

The Browns Board
17 12 618
  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    He could be a Mike Alstott type of player. 

    Paired with Jerome Ford, that would be intriguing. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I get Doug Martin vibes from him.  He had a nice career.

    Watching his last game he’s got some good footwork for a bruiser type.

    i think highly of him. 

  • Just curious. Assume you know Chubb is gone / never returning to his former self. 

    Where would you take Skattebo?

    Second

    Fifth

    Not at all?

    Just curious 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @mld-woody said:

    Just curious. Assume you know Chubb is gone / never returning to his former self. 

    Where would you take Skattebo?

    Second

    Fifth

    Not at all?

    Just curious 

    I love that dude, 4th or 5th round i would think

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Good call, I'm a fan of Skattebo. He has amazing balance, the ability to absorb hits/break tackles, and is tough as nails. I checked a bunch of mock drafts and they generally have him in the 4th round or so. I feel like he's on a lot of teams radars. I would love to have Skattebo, we need some fresh legs at RB and the dude is a wrecking ball. He's a great receiving back too, 45 catches for 605 this year. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    He is an amazing player - he apparently the same height as Nick Chubb - doesn't matter. About 12 lbs lighter than Chubb, dpending on where you look.

    He IS a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

    Late third/early fourth round.  He'll have to get coached up on ball security, maybe work on his speed - he runs a 4.62 forty.

    There's talk of the Cowboys taking him a bit higher.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #12

    You can just tell by looking at him that he just loves football and plays with a blue-collar lunch pail abandon. Without a doubt he's a high character guy who also is a very hard worker. Probably very intelligent. What he lacks in foot speed he makes up with moxie. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #13

    It's funny cuz I probably could have guessed who'd have the highest round grade but I'm still interested in seeing the variation 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #14

    i would like to see us draft #44 from penn state

  • sydS syd

    i would like to see us draft #44 from penn state

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @syd said:

    i would like to see us draft #44 from penn state

    Unfortunately he's not worth the #2 overall pick, and will be long gone by #33 overall.

    But I'd love to have him too. 

  • @syd said:

    i would like to see us draft #44 from penn state

    Unfortunately he's not worth the #2 overall pick, and will be long gone by #33 overall.

    But I'd love to have him too. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    Unfortunately he's not worth the #2 overall pick, and will be long gone by #33 overall.

    But I'd love to have him too. 

    I honestly thought he would be there in the 3rd round or 4th

  • He is an amazing player - he apparently the same height as Nick Chubb - doesn't matter. About 12 lbs lighter than Chubb, dpending on where you look.

    He IS a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

    Late third/early fourth round.  He'll have to get coached up on ball security, maybe work on his speed - he runs a 4.62 forty.

    There's talk of the Cowboys taking him a bit higher.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #17

    @calfoxwc said:

    He is an amazing player - he apparently the same height as Nick Chubb - doesn't matter. About 12 lbs lighter than Chubb, dpending on where you look.

    He IS a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

    Late third/early fourth round.  He'll have to get coached up on ball security, maybe work on his speed - he runs a 4.62 forty.

    There's talk of the Cowboys taking him a bit higher.

    I doubt you can make him any faster at this point of life.  At least enough to make any real difference.  In the end it doesn't really matter to me if the guy gets tackled from behind.  Sure, you want a guy to take it to the house but are we really going to complain if he gets caught after rolling 25-30 yard down field?  

    I won't.

    Plus, the guy is a dirt player.  He is the type of guy the other players rally around.