Skip to content

Anyone else enjoying the Baker Mayfield playoff show?

The Browns Board
40 15 1.2k
  • Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.

    We coulda been a contenda!!!

  • I enjoyed watching him lose on a doink.

  • He looked like he was going to cry. 

  • I enjoyed watching him lose on a doink.

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    I enjoyed watching him lose on a doink.

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

  • @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    I enjoyed watching him lose on a doink.

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

    He’s almost good enough. But not quite 

  • @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    I enjoyed watching him lose on a doink.

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

    Agreed. Baker was the difference in a bad way....again...in the playoffs...yet again.

    Jayden Daniels, zero turnovers. Baker with a lost fumble on his own 13 yard line in the 4th quarter. Washington then goes in for an easy TD. That was the difference in a 3 point game. Another choke job by Ole Bakey.

  • @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    I enjoyed watching him lose on a doink.

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

    FWIW,  I think I watched Rocky something like 10 times before I realized he wasn't gonna win the Championship. 

    Let's make a positive out of this. If MJP was still here - he probably would have posted what else was on TV before the game to protect our very emotional Baker fans from trauma.  MJP was a great guy!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him? 

    I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again... 

    Agreed. Baker was the difference in a bad way....again...in the playoffs...yet again.

    Jayden Daniels, zero turnovers. Baker with a lost fumble on his own 13 yard line in the 4th quarter. Washington then goes in for an easy TD. That was the difference in a 3 point game. Another choke job by Ole Bakey.

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Agreed. Baker was the difference in a bad way....again...in the playoffs...yet again.

    Jayden Daniels, zero turnovers. Baker with a lost fumble on his own 13 yard line in the 4th quarter. Washington then goes in for an easy TD. That was the difference in a 3 point game. Another choke job by Ole Bakey.

    Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.

    I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile. 

    I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.

  • @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Agreed. Baker was the difference in a bad way....again...in the playoffs...yet again.

    Jayden Daniels, zero turnovers. Baker with a lost fumble on his own 13 yard line in the 4th quarter. Washington then goes in for an easy TD. That was the difference in a 3 point game. Another choke job by Ole Bakey.

    Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.

    I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile. 

    I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.

    @bob806 said:

    Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.

    I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile. 

    I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.

    The QB didn't time the snap right or the QB was late handing it off. Either way, it's on the QB 100%.

  • @bob806 said:

    Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.

    I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile. 

    I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.

    The QB didn't time the snap right or the QB was late handing it off. Either way, it's on the QB 100%.

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    The QB didn't time the snap right or the QB was late handing it off. Either way, it's on the QB 100%.

    I got a look at the tape......?

  • Baker blowing a big game with a late turnover? Imagine my surprise. 

  • Baker blowing a big game with a late turnover? Imagine my surprise. 

    @vaportrail said:

    Baker blowing a big game with a late turnover? Imagine my surprise. 

    Baker and the Bucs beat Washington pretty good early on. Washington was loaded for bear to stop Baker.

    My philosophy is, "the only qb that doesn't make mistakes is the one that doesn't do anything; In 2024, he has thrown 9 interceptions...

    But he is a pretty terrific qb, I had him as my starter in one league. I don't seem to remember seeing anyone ridicule

    Daniels after they lost to the Bucs. Just....interesting.

    https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/special-plans-buccaneers-playoffs-baker-mayfield/

    Commanders Making Special Plans for Bucs QB Baker Mayfield

  • Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.

    We coulda been a contenda!!!

    @kvoethe said:

    Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.

    We coulda been a contenda!!!

    Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball?  Just to remind the short attention spans around here. 

    Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division.  Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

    The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year.  Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter. Third make that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.  🙂  Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either. 

    I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.   

    PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams?  Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us.  ?

  • @kvoethe said:

    Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.

    We coulda been a contenda!!!

    Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball?  Just to remind the short attention spans around here. 

    Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division.  Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

    The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year.  Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter. Third make that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.  🙂  Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either. 

    I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.   

    PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams?  Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us.  ?

    @hoorta said:

    Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball?  Just to remind the short attention spans around here. 

    Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division.  Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

    The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year.  Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter. Third make that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.  🙂  Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either. 

    I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.   

    PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams?  Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us.  ?

    I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish 

    - Rookie recaps

    - Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster. 

    - Joe Milton (request from my business partner) 

    - Cam Ward 

    - Sanders 

    - Rourke

    - Then I can get Baker for you.   

  • @hoorta said:

    Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball?  Just to remind the short attention spans around here. 

    Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division.  Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

    The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year.  Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter. Third make that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.  🙂  Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either. 

    I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.   

    PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams?  Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us.  ?

    I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish 

    - Rookie recaps

    - Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster. 

    - Joe Milton (request from my business partner) 

    - Cam Ward 

    - Sanders 

    - Rourke

    - Then I can get Baker for you.   

    @tiamat63 said:

    I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish 

    - Rookie recaps

    - Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster. 

    - Joe Milton (request from my business partner) 

    - Cam Ward 

    - Sanders 

    - Rourke

    - Then I can get Baker for you.   

    Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.

    No offense, but your time could be used better Tia… 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish 

    - Rookie recaps

    - Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster. 

    - Joe Milton (request from my business partner) 

    - Cam Ward 

    - Sanders 

    - Rourke

    - Then I can get Baker for you.   

    Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.

    No offense, but your time could be used better Tia… 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.

    No offense, but your time could be used better Tia… 

     No offense taken. 

     I already have a construct of where I'd go, what I'd look for and stats that I'd attempt to see bare out on film.  Some I already have because part of my prep for Joe Milton.  Things like AdoT, Average time to throw, pressure rate.   Baker's statistical profile had some interesting caveats this season. One's that Bucs fans are starting to see a pattern of. 

     I won't be putting much into it.  I have a feeling between target quality, lower AdoT and a good Oline, I'll find my answer using a combination of those 3. 

  • The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring 

  • The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring 

    @browns149 said:

    The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring 

    I wouldn't much care either, except there's a few posters around here who won't let the Baker ship sail off into the sunset.  And a certain "I told you so" guy harping about Josh Allen.  ?