Anyone else enjoying the Baker Mayfield playoff show?
-
A Baker Mayfield playoff game ends with a late game turnover from him?
I feel like I've seen this game before... and again... and again...
Agreed. Baker was the difference in a bad way....again...in the playoffs...yet again.
Jayden Daniels, zero turnovers. Baker with a lost fumble on his own 13 yard line in the 4th quarter. Washington then goes in for an easy TD. That was the difference in a 3 point game. Another choke job by Ole Bakey.
Agreed. Baker was the difference in a bad way....again...in the playoffs...yet again.
Jayden Daniels, zero turnovers. Baker with a lost fumble on his own 13 yard line in the 4th quarter. Washington then goes in for an easy TD. That was the difference in a 3 point game. Another choke job by Ole Bakey.
Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.
I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile.
I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.
-
Agreed. Baker was the difference in a bad way....again...in the playoffs...yet again.
Jayden Daniels, zero turnovers. Baker with a lost fumble on his own 13 yard line in the 4th quarter. Washington then goes in for an easy TD. That was the difference in a 3 point game. Another choke job by Ole Bakey.
Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.
I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile.
I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.
Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.
I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile.
I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.
The QB didn't time the snap right or the QB was late handing it off. Either way, it's on the QB 100%.
-
Something about the timing of that play, it blew up. Either the snap wasn't timed right or the WR was early. I wouldn't put that completely on Baker.
I enjoyed that game though, best of the WC weekend by a mile.
I've never rooted for or against Baker after the trade. I'll just remember 2018 & the hope we had after 1-31.
The QB didn't time the snap right or the QB was late handing it off. Either way, it's on the QB 100%.
The QB didn't time the snap right or the QB was late handing it off. Either way, it's on the QB 100%.
I got a look at the tape......?
-
Baker blowing a big game with a late turnover? Imagine my surprise.
-
Baker blowing a big game with a late turnover? Imagine my surprise.
Baker blowing a big game with a late turnover? Imagine my surprise.
Baker and the Bucs beat Washington pretty good early on. Washington was loaded for bear to stop Baker.
My philosophy is, "the only qb that doesn't make mistakes is the one that doesn't do anything; In 2024, he has thrown 9 interceptions...
But he is a pretty terrific qb, I had him as my starter in one league. I don't seem to remember seeing anyone ridicule
Daniels after they lost to the Bucs. Just....interesting.
https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/special-plans-buccaneers-playoffs-baker-mayfield/
Commanders Making Special Plans for Bucs QB Baker Mayfield
-
-
Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.
We coulda been a contenda!!!
Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.
We coulda been a contenda!!!
Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball? Just to remind the short attention spans around here.
Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division. Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm
The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year. Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter.
Thirdmake that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.
Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either.
I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.
PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams? Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us. ?
-
Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.
We coulda been a contenda!!!
Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball? Just to remind the short attention spans around here.
Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division. Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm
The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year. Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter.
Thirdmake that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.
Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either.
I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.
PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams? Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us. ?
Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball? Just to remind the short attention spans around here.
Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division. Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm
The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year. Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter.
Thirdmake that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.
Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either.
I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.
PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams? Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us. ?
I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish
- Rookie recaps
- Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster.
- Joe Milton (request from my business partner)
- Cam Ward
- Sanders
- Rourke
- Then I can get Baker for you.
-
Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball? Just to remind the short attention spans around here.
Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division. Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm
The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year. Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter.
Thirdmake that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.
Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either.
I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.
PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams? Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us. ?
I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish
- Rookie recaps
- Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster.
- Joe Milton (request from my business partner)
- Cam Ward
- Sanders
- Rourke
- Then I can get Baker for you.
I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish
- Rookie recaps
- Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster.
- Joe Milton (request from my business partner)
- Cam Ward
- Sanders
- Rourke
- Then I can get Baker for you.
Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.
No offense, but your time could be used better Tia…
-
I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish
- Rookie recaps
- Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster.
- Joe Milton (request from my business partner)
- Cam Ward
- Sanders
- Rourke
- Then I can get Baker for you.
Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.
No offense, but your time could be used better Tia…
Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.
No offense, but your time could be used better Tia…
No offense taken.
I already have a construct of where I'd go, what I'd look for and stats that I'd attempt to see bare out on film. Some I already have because part of my prep for Joe Milton. Things like AdoT, Average time to throw, pressure rate. Baker's statistical profile had some interesting caveats this season. One's that Bucs fans are starting to see a pattern of.
I won't be putting much into it. I have a feeling between target quality, lower AdoT and a good Oline, I'll find my answer using a combination of those 3.
-
-
Dec 18, 2024INGLEWOOD, CA - December 15, 2024 - Quarterback Baker Mayfield #6 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers takes a selfie with fans before the game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Chargers ...
-
3 days agoTAMPA — The Bucs needed a spark, a flash point to ignite a comeback against the Saints last Sunday to clinch the NFC South. On the third play after halftime, Baker Mayfield scrambled for 10 ...
-
-
The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring
-
The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring
I wouldn't much care either, except there's a few posters around here who won't let the Baker ship sail off into the sunset. And a certain "I told you so" guy harping about Josh Allen. ?
-
-
Dec 18, 2024INGLEWOOD, CA - December 15, 2024 - Quarterback Baker Mayfield #6 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers takes a selfie with fans before the game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Chargers ...
-
3 days agoTAMPA — The Bucs needed a spark, a flash point to ignite a comeback against the Saints last Sunday to clinch the NFC South. On the third play after halftime, Baker Mayfield scrambled for 10 ...
-
Dec 18, 2024INGLEWOOD, CA - December 15, 2024 - Quarterback Baker Mayfield #6 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers takes a selfie with fans before the game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Chargers ...
-
3 days agoTAMPA — The Bucs needed a spark, a flash point to ignite a comeback against the Saints last Sunday to clinch the NFC South. On the third play after halftime, Baker Mayfield scrambled for 10 ...
fuck baker mayfield
-
-
A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.
-
Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.
We coulda been a contenda!!!
Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball? Just to remind the short attention spans around here.
Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division. Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm
The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year. Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter.
Thirdmake that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.
Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either.
I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.
PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams? Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us. ?
Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball? Just to remind the short attention spans around here.
Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division. Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm
The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year. Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter.
Thirdmake that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.
Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either.
I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.
PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams? Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us. ?
Considering the catastrophe that was the Watson deal, if you could do it over again, each one of you would welcome Baker back in a heartbeat.
Go ahead, tell me you wouldn’t.
We are stuck with Watson. Posting threads celebrating Bakers occasional fuck ups helps you sleep better. Don’t deny.
-
A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.
A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.
I said the same thing about Watson.
-
A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.
I said the same thing about Watson.
I said the same thing about Watson.
I'd like to know what really happened back when Baker was here; because he lost the locker room. Just a guess on my part, OBJ caused a lot of that although Baker had some on and off maturity issues as well. I remember Baker and Jarvis Landry developing a very good working relationship immediately; and things went well for Baker. After the soph slump he led the Browns to 11-5 football and victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs for Pitts' 1st One & Done with 4 more to follow - a lot of that was good stuff from Baker. 26 TDs to just 8 INTs in 16 games ain't bad. I think the injury prone OBJ missed a lot of starts/ended on IR that year. We know the rest outside of the locker room.
It looked like the confidence and trust Landry and Baker had in each other on the field decreased considerably the longer OBJ was here whining about a QB that can't get him the ball. I don't remember even 1 teammate saying they would miss Baker or wishing him well; and you know they were asked about him. Compare that to when Kosar left this team - a lot of teammates said they'd miss their leader and wished him well. OBJ was buying teammates gold cleats and other things; while Baker was still the only one on the team worthy of doing commercials. Hmmm... It almost seemed like a competition for who was putting his teammates 1st and who wasn't. There's probably a lot of stuff that went down that we don't know about and never will. What I can say - is OBJ's arrival coincided with Baker's path out of here.
This isn't aimed at you CD; but I don't really remember anyone in here rooting against Baker when he was playing here.
Remaining QBs: Jayden Daniels, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, C.J. Stroud. I don't see anyone that doesn't deserve to be in the final 8...
-
I said the same thing about Watson.
I'd like to know what really happened back when Baker was here; because he lost the locker room. Just a guess on my part, OBJ caused a lot of that although Baker had some on and off maturity issues as well. I remember Baker and Jarvis Landry developing a very good working relationship immediately; and things went well for Baker. After the soph slump he led the Browns to 11-5 football and victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs for Pitts' 1st One & Done with 4 more to follow - a lot of that was good stuff from Baker. 26 TDs to just 8 INTs in 16 games ain't bad. I think the injury prone OBJ missed a lot of starts/ended on IR that year. We know the rest outside of the locker room.
It looked like the confidence and trust Landry and Baker had in each other on the field decreased considerably the longer OBJ was here whining about a QB that can't get him the ball. I don't remember even 1 teammate saying they would miss Baker or wishing him well; and you know they were asked about him. Compare that to when Kosar left this team - a lot of teammates said they'd miss their leader and wished him well. OBJ was buying teammates gold cleats and other things; while Baker was still the only one on the team worthy of doing commercials. Hmmm... It almost seemed like a competition for who was putting his teammates 1st and who wasn't. There's probably a lot of stuff that went down that we don't know about and never will. What I can say - is OBJ's arrival coincided with Baker's path out of here.
This isn't aimed at you CD; but I don't really remember anyone in here rooting against Baker when he was playing here.
Remaining QBs: Jayden Daniels, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, C.J. Stroud. I don't see anyone that doesn't deserve to be in the final 8...
I'd like to know what really happened back when Baker was here; because he lost the locker room. Just a guess on my part, OBJ caused a lot of that although Baker had some on and off maturity issues as well. I remember Baker and Jarvis Landry developing a very good working relationship immediately; and things went well for Baker. After the soph slump he led the Browns to 11-5 football and victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs for Pitts' 1st One & Done with 4 more to follow - a lot of that was good stuff from Baker. 26 TDs to just 8 INTs in 16 games ain't bad. I think the injury prone OBJ missed a lot of starts/ended on IR that year. We know the rest outside of the locker room.
It looked like the confidence and trust Landry and Baker had in each other on the field decreased considerably the longer OBJ was here whining about a QB that can't get him the ball. I don't remember even 1 teammate saying they would miss Baker or wishing him well; and you know they were asked about him. Compare that to when Kosar left this team - a lot of teammates said they'd miss their leader and wished him well. OBJ was buying teammates gold cleats and other things; while Baker was still the only one on the team worthy of doing commercials. Hmmm... It almost seemed like a competition for who was putting his teammates 1st and who wasn't. There's probably a lot of stuff that went down that we don't know about and never will. What I can say - is OBJ's arrival coincided with Baker's path out of here.
This isn't aimed at you CD; but I don't really remember anyone in here rooting against Baker when he was playing here.
Remaining QBs: Jayden Daniels, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, C.J. Stroud. I don't see anyone that doesn't deserve to be in the final 8...
IMHO, I think OBJ is toxic and I believe that’s why he’s never found a permanent home on an NFL team. Baker being an immature individual didn’t help things during that period. I’m thinking the locker room was divided by these two, much to the detriment to the team. I rooted for Baker, as I did Kizer, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson…pretty much anyone under center wearing a Browns uniform. I even held my nose and rooted for Watson.
As far as the final 8 QB’s go, I would welcome any of those guys in Berea. I’m really impressed by the game Jayden Daniel’s played and Washington has a keeper on the roster. I’ve disliked Lamar Jackson because he was a running back that threw the ball. I’ve also disliked him because he plays for the Ratbirds. But I will say this, his game has improved and now he can beat you with his arm and his legs. Bottom line, he’s never taken Baltimore to the promised land.
-
Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball? Just to remind the short attention spans around here.
Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division. Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm
The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year. Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter.
Thirdmake that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.
Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either.
I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.
PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams? Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us. ?
Considering the catastrophe that was the Watson deal, if you could do it over again, each one of you would welcome Baker back in a heartbeat.
Go ahead, tell me you wouldn’t.
We are stuck with Watson. Posting threads celebrating Bakers occasional fuck ups helps you sleep better. Don’t deny.
Considering the catastrophe that was the Watson deal, if you could do it over again, each one of you would welcome Baker back in a heartbeat.
Go ahead, tell me you wouldn’t.
We are stuck with Watson. Posting threads celebrating Bakers occasional fuck ups helps you sleep better. Don’t deny.
Nice what if. Yeah, he had a decent year 2024 so what. Well the WHAT is Baker stunk with both the Panthers AND Rams before he got his act together in Tampa Bay. Should the Browns have put up with another crap year or two out of Baker? Don't think so. Already said I wish the guy well. We're stuck with Watson's contract- not necessarily with Watson
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login