Skip to content

Anyone else enjoying the Baker Mayfield playoff show?

The Browns Board
40 15 1.2k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    I can, but it's down the list. I have to finish 

    - Rookie recaps

    - Brownies secret pass rush weapon possibly already on roster. 

    - Joe Milton (request from my business partner) 

    - Cam Ward 

    - Sanders 

    - Rourke

    - Then I can get Baker for you.   

    Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.

    No offense, but your time could be used better Tia… 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Baker Mayfield hasn’t played for the Browns since late December 2021.

    No offense, but your time could be used better Tia… 

     No offense taken. 

     I already have a construct of where I'd go, what I'd look for and stats that I'd attempt to see bare out on film.  Some I already have because part of my prep for Joe Milton.  Things like AdoT, Average time to throw, pressure rate.   Baker's statistical profile had some interesting caveats this season. One's that Bucs fans are starting to see a pattern of. 

     I won't be putting much into it.  I have a feeling between target quality, lower AdoT and a good Oline, I'll find my answer using a combination of those 3. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #18
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring 

  • The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @browns149 said:

    The only ex-Browns player I have rooted for is Bernie. And he got a ring 

    I wouldn't much care either, except there's a few posters around here who won't let the Baker ship sail off into the sunset.  And a certain "I told you so" guy harping about Josh Allen.  ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @calfoxwc said:

    fuck baker mayfield

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Nice head down 16yd run on 3rd down...finishes drive with a nice TD toss.

    We coulda been a contenda!!!

    Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball?  Just to remind the short attention spans around here. 

    Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division.  Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

    The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year.  Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter. Third make that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.  🙂  Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either. 

    I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.   

    PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams?  Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us.  ?

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @hoorta said:

    Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball?  Just to remind the short attention spans around here. 

    Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division.  Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

    The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year.  Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter. Third make that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.  🙂  Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either. 

    I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.   

    PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams?  Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us.  ?

    Considering the catastrophe that was the Watson deal, if you could do it over again, each one of you would welcome Baker back in a heartbeat.

    Go ahead, tell me you wouldn’t.

    We are stuck with Watson. Posting  threads celebrating Bakers occasional fuck ups helps you sleep better. Don’t deny.

  • A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @texasag1969 said:

    A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.

    I said the same thing about Watson.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    A lot of pathetic attempts to con people into thinking Baker is a great playoff QB. He's not.

    I said the same thing about Watson.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #25

    @canton-dawg said:

    I said the same thing about Watson.

    I'd like to know what really happened back when Baker was here; because he lost the locker room.  Just a guess on my part, OBJ caused a lot of that although Baker had some on and off maturity issues as well.  I remember Baker and Jarvis Landry developing a very good working relationship immediately; and things went well for Baker. After the soph slump he led the Browns to 11-5 football and victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs for Pitts' 1st One & Done with 4 more to follow - a lot of that was good stuff from Baker.  26 TDs to just 8 INTs in 16 games ain't bad. I think the injury prone OBJ missed a lot of starts/ended on IR that year.  We know the rest outside of the locker room.

    It looked like the confidence and trust Landry and Baker had in each other on the field decreased considerably the longer OBJ was here whining about a QB that can't get him the ball. I don't remember even 1 teammate saying they would miss Baker or wishing him well; and you know they were asked about him.  Compare that to when Kosar left this team - a lot of teammates said they'd miss their leader and wished him well. OBJ was buying teammates gold cleats and other things; while Baker was still the only one on the team worthy of doing commercials. Hmmm... It almost seemed like a competition for who was putting his teammates 1st and who wasn't. There's probably a lot of stuff that went down that we don't know about and never will.  What I can say - is OBJ's arrival coincided with Baker's path out of here.  

    This isn't aimed at you CD; but I don't really remember anyone in here rooting against Baker when he was playing here.

    Remaining QBs:  Jayden Daniels, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, C.J. Stroud.   I don't see anyone that doesn't deserve to be in the final 8...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I said the same thing about Watson.

    I'd like to know what really happened back when Baker was here; because he lost the locker room.  Just a guess on my part, OBJ caused a lot of that although Baker had some on and off maturity issues as well.  I remember Baker and Jarvis Landry developing a very good working relationship immediately; and things went well for Baker. After the soph slump he led the Browns to 11-5 football and victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs for Pitts' 1st One & Done with 4 more to follow - a lot of that was good stuff from Baker.  26 TDs to just 8 INTs in 16 games ain't bad. I think the injury prone OBJ missed a lot of starts/ended on IR that year.  We know the rest outside of the locker room.

    It looked like the confidence and trust Landry and Baker had in each other on the field decreased considerably the longer OBJ was here whining about a QB that can't get him the ball. I don't remember even 1 teammate saying they would miss Baker or wishing him well; and you know they were asked about him.  Compare that to when Kosar left this team - a lot of teammates said they'd miss their leader and wished him well. OBJ was buying teammates gold cleats and other things; while Baker was still the only one on the team worthy of doing commercials. Hmmm... It almost seemed like a competition for who was putting his teammates 1st and who wasn't. There's probably a lot of stuff that went down that we don't know about and never will.  What I can say - is OBJ's arrival coincided with Baker's path out of here.  

    This isn't aimed at you CD; but I don't really remember anyone in here rooting against Baker when he was playing here.

    Remaining QBs:  Jayden Daniels, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, C.J. Stroud.   I don't see anyone that doesn't deserve to be in the final 8...

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @flugel said:

    I'd like to know what really happened back when Baker was here; because he lost the locker room.  Just a guess on my part, OBJ caused a lot of that although Baker had some on and off maturity issues as well.  I remember Baker and Jarvis Landry developing a very good working relationship immediately; and things went well for Baker. After the soph slump he led the Browns to 11-5 football and victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs for Pitts' 1st One & Done with 4 more to follow - a lot of that was good stuff from Baker.  26 TDs to just 8 INTs in 16 games ain't bad. I think the injury prone OBJ missed a lot of starts/ended on IR that year.  We know the rest outside of the locker room.

    It looked like the confidence and trust Landry and Baker had in each other on the field decreased considerably the longer OBJ was here whining about a QB that can't get him the ball. I don't remember even 1 teammate saying they would miss Baker or wishing him well; and you know they were asked about him.  Compare that to when Kosar left this team - a lot of teammates said they'd miss their leader and wished him well. OBJ was buying teammates gold cleats and other things; while Baker was still the only one on the team worthy of doing commercials. Hmmm... It almost seemed like a competition for who was putting his teammates 1st and who wasn't. There's probably a lot of stuff that went down that we don't know about and never will.  What I can say - is OBJ's arrival coincided with Baker's path out of here.  

    This isn't aimed at you CD; but I don't really remember anyone in here rooting against Baker when he was playing here.

    Remaining QBs:  Jayden Daniels, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, C.J. Stroud.   I don't see anyone that doesn't deserve to be in the final 8...

    IMHO, I think OBJ is toxic and I believe that’s why he’s never found a permanent home on an NFL team. Baker being an immature individual didn’t help things during that period. I’m thinking the locker room was divided by these two, much to the detriment to the team. I rooted for Baker, as I did Kizer, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson…pretty much anyone under center wearing a Browns uniform. I even held my nose and rooted for Watson.

    As far as the final 8 QB’s go, I would welcome any of those guys in Berea. I’m really impressed by the game Jayden Daniel’s played and Washington has a keeper on the roster. I’ve disliked Lamar Jackson because he was a running back that threw the ball. I’ve also disliked him because he plays for the Ratbirds. But I will say this, his game has improved and now he can beat you with his arm and his legs. Bottom line, he’s never taken Baltimore to the promised land.

  • @hoorta said:

    Anyone remember HOW Baker hurt his shoulder when he was playing for the Browns trying to play hero ball?  Just to remind the short attention spans around here. 

    Yep Old Bakah had himself a nice season playing with the Yucks. 4,000+yards, and snuck into the playoffs in a weak division.  Gee, it only took him six seasons to figure out how to be a decent quarterback. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

    The stats don't lie- never had better than a 60ish completion percentage until this year.  Aw, the Browns weren't willing to wait 1\2 a decade for the guy to figure it out? Boo hoo. Neither were Carolina or the Rams, for that matter. Third make that fourth time er, teams the charm eh Baker.  🙂  Of course it doesn't hurt that you're throwing passes to a sure-fire HOFer in Mike Evans either. 

    I'd certainly like if Tia is hanging around to chime in what Baker is doing differently now that he was failing rather badly at in previous years.   

    PS Have you noticed the amazing number of former Browns players hanging around in the NFL on playoff teams?  Fitting that this time Zane Gonzales doinks the game winner for the Commanders off of the goal post. Wish he could have done that when he was play for us.  ?

    Considering the catastrophe that was the Watson deal, if you could do it over again, each one of you would welcome Baker back in a heartbeat.

    Go ahead, tell me you wouldn’t.

    We are stuck with Watson. Posting  threads celebrating Bakers occasional fuck ups helps you sleep better. Don’t deny.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @fy56 said:

    Considering the catastrophe that was the Watson deal, if you could do it over again, each one of you would welcome Baker back in a heartbeat.

    Go ahead, tell me you wouldn’t.

    We are stuck with Watson. Posting  threads celebrating Bakers occasional fuck ups helps you sleep better. Don’t deny.

    Nice what if.  Yeah, he had a decent year 2024 so what. Well the WHAT is Baker stunk with both the Panthers AND Rams before he got his act together in Tampa Bay. Should the Browns have put up with another crap year or two out of Baker? Don't think so. Already said I wish the guy well. We're stuck with Watson's contract- not necessarily with Watson   

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/2280654185637596/?s=single_unit&__cft__[0]=AZXgJYwh7Ksh30KH98UmeTYyw1kNxibsVcSeb25iokcMOryhh2sPL3RQkr5I0LQgcMxm_75QvzXNjVTbkMiTSipa6clst0lM_2syqu40kZgQs0QJw0g3-xJg1nrkcuvEAuRGYle3dst5m7vGbDnioUmnSHL2qkqctmsXbhnozW0czar7ropIQtUgzwNdZbaqbbc&__tn__=H-R

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Most honest appraisers of Baker will admit legit things, not just biased against Baker bs.

    About Baker and the Rams:

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35215418/inside-baker-mayfield-first-48-hours-rams-stunning-debut-win

    Inside Baker Mayfield's first 48 hours with the Rams and his stunning debut win

    and why Baker left the Rams:

    https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/los-angeles-rams/baker-mayfield-to-bucs-report/

    Rams Losing Baker Mayfield to $8.5 Million Deal: Report

    *******************************************

       and why Baker didn't make the hapless Panthers a winner - said so by a TEAMMATE of Bakers at the time:

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/football/former-teammate-shares-why-buccaneers-baker-mayfield-flopped-with-panthers/ar-AA1ncGPD

    Former teammate shares why Buccaneers' Baker Mayfield flopped with Panthers

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #29
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #30
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I can almost imagine cal furiously searching for Baker articles, Tik Tok videos, and the like with little beads of sweat on his brow...

    ?

  • I can almost imagine cal furiously searching for Baker articles, Tik Tok videos, and the like with little beads of sweat on his brow...

    ?

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can almost imagine cal furiously searching for Baker articles, Tik Tok videos, and the like with little beads of sweat on his brow...

    ?

    with nickers at his side,c'mon cal we will show em

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can almost imagine cal furiously searching for Baker articles, Tik Tok videos, and the like with little beads of sweat on his brow...

    ?

    with nickers at his side,c'mon cal we will show em

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @syd said:

    with nickers at his side,c'mon cal we will show em

    No, I'm very fast with the keyboard. My cold is getting me slowed down, but it's getting better.

    I didn't start the Baker threat. lol

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #34

    if you read the comments - Baker is loved in Tampa Bay.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1231909152068583&set=a.866535941939241

    then there is one more.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/468436699643713

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #35

    @calfoxwc said:

    if you read the comments - Baker is loved in Tampa Bay.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1231909152068583&set=a.866535941939241

    then there is one more.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/468436699643713

    Find a Tampa Bay message board and join it then.

    I'm kind of shocked that you are such a Baker fan boy cal, since character and morals are obviously so important to you when it comes to people you root for. The same Baker who ran from a cop while being arrested, cheated on his brand-new wife in the parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory in Westlake, taunted opponents by grabbing his crotch in view of everyone while on the field, personally torpedoed a Browns season by never bothering to open up his playbook all off-season and showing up obviously out-of-shape, etc...

    That's a lot of Baker antics you seem to overlook. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    if you read the comments - Baker is loved in Tampa Bay.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1231909152068583&set=a.866535941939241

    then there is one more.

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/468436699643713

    Find a Tampa Bay message board and join it then.

    I'm kind of shocked that you are such a Baker fan boy cal, since character and morals are obviously so important to you when it comes to people you root for. The same Baker who ran from a cop while being arrested, cheated on his brand-new wife in the parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory in Westlake, taunted opponents by grabbing his crotch in view of everyone while on the field, personally torpedoed a Browns season by never bothering to open up his playbook all off-season and showing up obviously out-of-shape, etc...

    That's a lot of Baker antics you seem to overlook. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @dutch-oven said:

    Find a Tampa Bay message board and join it then.

    I'm kind of shocked that you are such a Baker fan boy cal, since character and morals are obviously so important to you when it comes to people you root for. The same Baker who ran from a cop while being arrested, cheated on his brand-new wife in the parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory in Westlake, taunted opponents by grabbing his crotch in view of everyone while on the field, personally torpedoed a Browns season by never bothering to open up his playbook all off-season and showing up obviously out-of-shape, etc...

    That's a lot of Baker antics you seem to overlook. 

    ?