Browns new O.C
-
-
-
Milroe would be a bad fit with Stefanski, so I sincerely hope not.
But is he a bad fit with the OC?
-
Milroe would be a bad fit with Stefanski, so I sincerely hope not.
But is he a bad fit with the OC?
-
He will be looking for a job (with the rest of the staff) after this season.
-
It’s no secret that the Cleveland Browns have a major obstacle to overcome this offseason, and that’s figuring out their quarterback room for 2025 and beyond.
Currently, Cleveland's best plan here might be to acquire a veteran QB via free agency or the trade market in 2025 to be a “bridge” quarterback while a rookie sits and learns.
If the team does decide to pursue this strategy, one player in particular makes a lot of sense for the organization if he makes it to the second round (No.33) of the 2025 NFL Draft:
Alabama dual-threat QB Jalen Milroe.
Newly promoted Browns OC Tommy Rees coached him in 2023 and the duo led the Crimson Tide to a 12-2 record and a 6th place Heisman-voting finish for Milroe.
Milroe’s athleticism and ability to run the ball is Lamar Jackson-esque but his overall anticipation as a passer must improve before he sees significant playing time at the NFL level.
Despite not being a “traditional” Kevin Stefanski-type of quarterback, Rees’ experience with Milroe and Stefanski’s propensity for the run game and being open to getting the quarterback involved in it might be fairly enticing as a day two pick.
A good amount of the hesitation and weaknesses being discussed about Milroe are the same things that gave teams and fans pause concerning Lamar Jackson in the 2018 NFL Draft cycle.
-
It’s no secret that the Cleveland Browns have a major obstacle to overcome this offseason, and that’s figuring out their quarterback room for 2025 and beyond.
Currently, Cleveland's best plan here might be to acquire a veteran QB via free agency or the trade market in 2025 to be a “bridge” quarterback while a rookie sits and learns.
If the team does decide to pursue this strategy, one player in particular makes a lot of sense for the organization if he makes it to the second round (No.33) of the 2025 NFL Draft:
Alabama dual-threat QB Jalen Milroe.
Newly promoted Browns OC Tommy Rees coached him in 2023 and the duo led the Crimson Tide to a 12-2 record and a 6th place Heisman-voting finish for Milroe.
Milroe’s athleticism and ability to run the ball is Lamar Jackson-esque but his overall anticipation as a passer must improve before he sees significant playing time at the NFL level.
Despite not being a “traditional” Kevin Stefanski-type of quarterback, Rees’ experience with Milroe and Stefanski’s propensity for the run game and being open to getting the quarterback involved in it might be fairly enticing as a day two pick.
A good amount of the hesitation and weaknesses being discussed about Milroe are the same things that gave teams and fans pause concerning Lamar Jackson in the 2018 NFL Draft cycle.
-
Milroe would be a bad fit with Stefanski, so I sincerely hope not.
But is he a bad fit with the OC?
In terms of having a plus athlete running an outside zone from under center... That can only benefit said athlete. This is similar to how the Niners viewed Trey Lance's legs being in Shanny's system.
Downside, the lack of consistent and competent passing ability with Lance.
A mobile passer would make life a living hell on backside pursuit first AND second level in that sort of offense.
I've seen Milroe's name floated for #33. 1st pick of day 2, I suppose I'll ask a question - beyond his athletic ability, in a post-Vick NFL, does Milroe appear any more capable mentally and physically than Deshone Kizer who was taken at that same spot?
-
-
Will Howard is a Day 3 guy.
-
-
Kevin Stefanski to Call Plays
From the playbook of him and Rees? Or from DePo's analytics playbook?
-
Kevin Stefanski to Call Plays
From the playbook of him and Rees? Or from DePo's analytics playbook?
-
"I'm going to call plays, and I reserve the right to change my mind," Stefanski said.
Translation: I'll start the season calling the plays. If our offense sucks, I'll have Rees start calling the plays by mid-season so he can be the scapegoat.
-
Kevin Stefanski to Call Plays
From the playbook of him and Rees? Or from DePo's analytics playbook?
-
"I'm going to call plays, and I reserve the right to change my mind," Stefanski said.
Translation: I'll start the season calling the plays. If our offense sucks, I'll have Rees start calling the plays by mid-season so he can be the scapegoat.
"I'm going to call plays, and I reserve the right to change my mind," Stefanski said.
Translation: I'll start the season calling the plays. If our offense sucks, I'll have Rees start calling the plays by mid-season so he can be the scapegoat.
when Stefanski called plays 2 seasons ago I thought the offense ran pretty well. Dorsey was given play calling duties at the beginning of last season,
-
"I'm going to call plays, and I reserve the right to change my mind," Stefanski said.
Translation: I'll start the season calling the plays. If our offense sucks, I'll have Rees start calling the plays by mid-season so he can be the scapegoat.
when Stefanski called plays 2 seasons ago I thought the offense ran pretty well. Dorsey was given play calling duties at the beginning of last season,
-
Bingo....winner, winner chicken dinner.
I'll have the steak tips please. (Longhorn Steakhouse)
-
Bingo....winner, winner chicken dinner.
I'll have the steak tips please. (Longhorn Steakhouse)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login