Skip to content

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

The Browns Board
56 34 2.6k
  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #19

    BQ is not yet a bust just another unfortunate victim of cleveland browns football after being given just 3 starts in a shitty formation they bring DA out with 4 and 5 WR sets what kind of crap is that quinn may succeed somewhere and DA may succeed somewhere but niether will flourish under this system with those WRs...

  • B bestplayer52 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I don't know why Mangini started a gay QB anyways. But both QB's are only average and they cannot change a game with their talent.

  • glenby73G glenby73 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I'd have to go back and watch it again (just tasted vomit) but to say DA was rusty at best is a fair assessment. He did come off the bench in week 3 and has had very little prep time. But it was like flashing back to last year!

    I did see one ball in the dirt on a check down.

    The interference call was a gift because that ball was over Cribbs head.

    One incomplete pass to Furrey on the sideline was way behind him and almost pick #4.

    Another pass to BE in triple coverage? Really?

    Anyone else for Lerner moving the team so we can start over?

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #22

    RUSTY??? He looked in perfect form of all past performances. SUCKY

  • I'm all for optimism, but Anderson scored 3 points for the Browns and 14 points for the other team.

    I fully expected a little bit of success when he first came in, since the Ravens game-planned for Quinn and the substitution was a surprise, but it only took the Ravens D less than one drive to completely figure him out and totally shut him down.

    D DaBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @chumpchange said:

    I'm all for optimism, but Anderson scored 3 points for the Browns and 14 points for the other team.

    I fully expected a little bit of success when he first came in, since the Ravens game-planned for Quinn and the substitution was a surprise, but it only took the Ravens D less than one drive to completely figure him out and totally shut him down.

    lmao.........that was funny. i spit milk.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #24

    If Anderson is the QB next week...I'm ready to see everything we saw today...some very nice throws downfield and a whole bunch of WTF was the thinking throws and probably an int or 2 or 4.

    Both QB's suck...

    Bragging about the play of a guy who threw 3 interceptions in 1 half makes no sense. The deep pass to Edwards was into triple coverage and the first int was just as bad as the first int that Quinn threw today.

    Anderson had one nice drive, helped by an interference penalty, and that's it. The rest of the time he was just as shitty as Quinn has been all season long.

    I think it was the right move though to bring him in. 20-0 down is (although unlikely) still a game you can win or at least try to put some points up and the offense looked dreadful. I thought we should've benched Anderson in a bunch of games last year when the offense was struggling, so I think it was the right move again this year when it's Quinn being benched for Anderson.

  • If Anderson is the QB next week...I'm ready to see everything we saw today...some very nice throws downfield and a whole bunch of WTF was the thinking throws and probably an int or 2 or 4.

    Both QB's suck...

    Bragging about the play of a guy who threw 3 interceptions in 1 half makes no sense. The deep pass to Edwards was into triple coverage and the first int was just as bad as the first int that Quinn threw today.

    Anderson had one nice drive, helped by an interference penalty, and that's it. The rest of the time he was just as shitty as Quinn has been all season long.

    I think it was the right move though to bring him in. 20-0 down is (although unlikely) still a game you can win or at least try to put some points up and the offense looked dreadful. I thought we should've benched Anderson in a bunch of games last year when the offense was struggling, so I think it was the right move again this year when it's Quinn being benched for Anderson.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mark-o said:

    If Anderson is the QB next week...I'm ready to see everything we saw today...some very nice throws downfield and a whole bunch of WTF was the thinking throws and probably an int or 2 or 4.

    Both QB's suck...

    Bragging about the play of a guy who threw 3 interceptions in 1 half makes no sense. The deep pass to Edwards was into triple coverage and the first int was just as bad as the first int that Quinn threw today.

    Anderson had one nice drive, helped by an interference penalty, and that's it. The rest of the time he was just as shitty as Quinn has been all season long.

    I think it was the right move though to bring him in. 20-0 down is (although unlikely) still a game you can win or at least try to put some points up and the offense looked dreadful. I thought we should've benched Anderson in a bunch of games last year when the offense was struggling, so I think it was the right move again this year when it's Quinn being benched for Anderson.

    I agree 100% .... I just prefer to see more DA than Quinn.

  • S samoth wrote on last edited by samoth
    #26

    Quinn and Anderson are both awful but at least DA makes it interesting.

    Maybe Romeo wasn't so stupid after all...

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #27

    DA's QB rating was 30. T-H-I-R-T-Y.

  • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #28

    DA was rusty?

    Wasn't the whole point of the QB sneak we gave to The Vikes to split the reps for both so each would be ready at anypoint during the season???

    Mangini said it, but then again, he still thinks Brian Daboll should be within 500 yards of a playbook, so I don't put to much stock in Mangini's decisions anymore.

  • @mark-o said:

    If Anderson is the QB next week...I'm ready to see everything we saw today...some very nice throws downfield and a whole bunch of WTF was the thinking throws and probably an int or 2 or 4.

    Both QB's suck...

    Bragging about the play of a guy who threw 3 interceptions in 1 half makes no sense. The deep pass to Edwards was into triple coverage and the first int was just as bad as the first int that Quinn threw today.

    Anderson had one nice drive, helped by an interference penalty, and that's it. The rest of the time he was just as shitty as Quinn has been all season long.

    I think it was the right move though to bring him in. 20-0 down is (although unlikely) still a game you can win or at least try to put some points up and the offense looked dreadful. I thought we should've benched Anderson in a bunch of games last year when the offense was struggling, so I think it was the right move again this year when it's Quinn being benched for Anderson.

    I agree 100% .... I just prefer to see more DA than Quinn.

    S SoCalDog wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @atenears said:

    I agree 100% .... I just prefer to see more DA than Quinn.

    LMAO!! Remind me to never ask you for advice on football.

    You PREFER to see more of a guy who throws 3 INTs in one half to a guy who threw 1? Is that what you just said? REALLY?

    That's your idea of how to get us back on track? See MORE of that?

    Wow...just wow....

  • S samoth wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @planet-0range said:

    Makes it interesting?

    I don't get it. 3 turnovers in 20 minutes of possession.

    The number one rule in the NFL is that you DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!

    Look up anderception in the dictionary, it says "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". That is exactly what this is, xxxxing insanity!

    they both suck.

    anderson at least moved the ball, so therefore it was more entertaining.

    not sure what part of that you didn't understand.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Where the RatBirds showing off troy Smith at the end of the game?

    Probably the best QB in that draft.

  • Where the RatBirds showing off troy Smith at the end of the game?

    Probably the best QB in that draft.

    S samoth wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @mr.-t said:

    Where the RatBirds showing off troy Smith at the end of the game?

    Probably the best QB in that draft.

    I was extremely pissed when we didn't get Troy Smith. The guy is a baller. I didn't want anything to do with Quinn or Thomas (I wanted Peterson and Joe Staley) but leave it to Savage to drop the ball at least part ways on that draft.

  • @planet-0range said:

    Makes it interesting?

    I don't get it. 3 turnovers in 20 minutes of possession.

    The number one rule in the NFL is that you DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!

    Look up anderception in the dictionary, it says "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". That is exactly what this is, xxxxing insanity!

    they both suck.

    anderson at least moved the ball, so therefore it was more entertaining.

    not sure what part of that you didn't understand.

    S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
    #33

    @samoth said:

    they both suck.

    anderson at least moved the ball, so therefore it was more entertaining.

    not sure what part of that you didn't understand.

    Yeah, Anderson moved the ball for the Ravens. I don't want to be entertained with that buffoon throwing interceptions. I don't want to be entertained by watching him fall down over his own big clown feet with no defender within 6 feet of him... I would rather watch Quinn who at least seems to learn from his mistakes. Anderson just keeps doing the same dumb stuff. I can't take it.

  • rcr81R rcr81 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I'm glad they put DA in cuz that proved the problem isn't Quinn ...look at the difference in play calling and formations...I think Daboll is the real culprit. It's almost like he wants Quinn to fail....I think he likes DA's " big arm " ...problem is he needs " big glasses " too.

  • rcr81R rcr81 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    DA was entertaining...I was laughing my ass off @ him ...loved the play he was sacked on twice and was never touched LOL

  • C CIMO. wrote on last edited by CIMO.
    #36

    @planet-0range said:

    The number one rule in the NFL is that you DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!

    The number one rule in the NFL is the team with more points wins. Quinn deserves more than 3 starts, but not here....when the rest of the offense is terrible, the defense is terrible, and the season is going down the tubes....you can't afford to sit around and hope Quinn starts putting points up. DA has already shown he can sling the ball and put up points. I'm fine with him getting the reins.

  • J JC wrote on last edited by
    #37

    As bad as Quinn has been, I would rather see my feet bitten off by a komodo dragon than see DA in the game next week.

  • @planet-0range said:

    The number one rule in the NFL is that you DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!

    The number one rule in the NFL is the team with more points wins. Quinn deserves more than 3 starts, but not here....when the rest of the offense is terrible, the defense is terrible, and the season is going down the tubes....you can't afford to sit around and hope Quinn starts putting points up. DA has already shown he can sling the ball and put up points. I'm fine with him getting the reins.

    N NebBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @cimo. said:

    The number one rule in the NFL is the team with more points wins. Quinn deserves more than 3 starts, but not here....when the rest of the offense is terrible, the defense is terrible, and the season is going down the tubes....you can't afford to sit around and hope Quinn starts putting points up. DA has already shown he can sling the ball and put up points. I'm fine with him getting the reins.

    lol....yeah, DA put up 17 points today....the only problem was that 14 of those were for the Ravens.