Thoughts on an 18 Game Regular Season?
-
We ALL knew/know that it wasn't going to stay at odd 17. Let's do it and be done with it.
edit and add:
18 games. Just like golf. Of which I think 18 holes are too many. It takes all freakin' day on a hot Sunday! Should be 16 holes! And the hole should be an inch bigger!
-
I actually liked the 16 game schedule better.
-
We ALL knew/know that it wasn't going to stay at odd 17. Let's do it and be done with it.
edit and add:
18 games. Just like golf. Of which I think 18 holes are too many. It takes all freakin' day on a hot Sunday! Should be 16 holes! And the hole should be an inch bigger!
We ALL knew/know that it wasn't going to stay at odd 17. Let's do it and be done with it.
edit and add:
18 games. Just like golf. Of which I think 18 holes are too many. It takes all freakin' day on a hot Sunday! Should be 16 holes! And the hole should be an inch bigger!
how about 7 inning baseball,or the first goal in hockey wins maybe a mercy rule in basketball how about no more soccer cause it sucks
-
Bigger isn't always better. You'll see even more shitty play for the beginning of the season and more teams limping into the playoffs with players on the IR.
Should've never expanded beyond 16 games, but greed always wins.
I'm guessing there will be a second bye week now.
Not a fan.
-
I’m glad I don’t have season tickets anymore
-
Here's what I think. With fantasy football ending up with an incredible amount of injures
at certain points of the season, extending it to 18 will be more of the same, but worse in the latter
part of the schedules. Too much greed - it isn't for the well-being of the players.
-
Bigger isn't always better. You'll see even more shitty play for the beginning of the season and more teams limping into the playoffs with players on the IR.
Should've never expanded beyond 16 games, but greed always wins.
I'm guessing there will be a second bye week now.
Not a fan.
Bigger isn't always better. You'll see even more shitty play for the beginning of the season and more teams limping into the playoffs with players on the IR.
Should've never expanded beyond 16 games, but greed always wins.
I'm guessing there will be a second bye week now.
Not a fan.
Hell with player health. You want 18 games, expand the roster by 18. https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/12/16/detroit-lions-news-injured-reserve-players-2024/77022616007/
It's not going to be the best team that wins the Super Bowl, just the healthiest. Certainly the team with the least stud players out of commission.
& I agree- with teams anymore being petrified getting their best players hurt in preseason the first couple regular season games are just exhibition games that count. .
-
if you are making concessions to extend the regular season game total.
Don’t go back to 4 preseasons games. Prefer two do one or more intrasquad scrimmages. And unpopular amongst fans but no Thursday football. Another unpopular one add a Monday night game …go East coast early game and west coast or mountain central late game.
-
if you are making concessions to extend the regular season game total.
Don’t go back to 4 preseasons games. Prefer two do one or more intrasquad scrimmages. And unpopular amongst fans but no Thursday football. Another unpopular one add a Monday night game …go East coast early game and west coast or mountain central late game.
Don’t go back to 4 preseasons games. Prefer two
That's what's said...20 games. 18 regular, 2 preseason.
And I agree, each preseason game should consist of a week of inter squad practices.
-
We ALL knew/know that it wasn't going to stay at odd 17. Let's do it and be done with it.
edit and add:
18 games. Just like golf. Of which I think 18 holes are too many. It takes all freakin' day on a hot Sunday! Should be 16 holes! And the hole should be an inch bigger!
We ALL knew/know that it wasn't going to stay at odd 17. Let's do it and be done with it.
edit and add:
18 games. Just like golf. Of which I think 18 holes are too many. It takes all freakin' day on a hot Sunday! Should be 16 holes! And the hole should be an inch bigger!
I like that golf idea a lot!
The current NFL Commissioner is NOT making the game more fun for fans at all; while he's increasing wear and tear as well as the likelihood of injury on the players Back in the day, if I was going to pay some $ to go see Fleetwood Mac - you better believe I wanted to see Stevie Nicks and Christie McVie performing. Today's fans think they're going to see a Tyreek Hill get vertical on a defense only to see a backup QB that couldn't get the ball to any of his receivers. God only knows what the family watching paid for the tickets, parking, food, and quite possibly the lodging as well. That doesn't matter to Goodell. He's trying to market the league to other countries; because the Sunday Ticket Monopoly provides a shared revenue to NFL multi-millionaire owners into billionaires. Jimmy is one of them. A few years ago I read about 90% of their profit margins came from that ticket while only about 10% came from their home game attendance. That's why they now have to audition Rodger's product in Brazil, Mexico, London, Munich, etc... All that plastic "I really care about the health and safety of the NFL players" has the bigger, faster, stronger athletes playing under rules that encourage a lot of defenders playing in space against more passes than ever. And what happens when guys play in space? Violent run-up collisions. Rugby scrums without helmets are safer. More specifically bring back more of the rules from the 70s and 80s stuff. Was watching Larry Csonka, Earl Campbell, Walter Payton, Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Chuck Foreman, Walt Garrison, Tony Dorsett, and John Riggins ever boring? There were some good passing games where it was fun to watch defenses have the opportunity to compete. I don't remember nearly as many starters missing on game day seemingly all the time.
-
I don't like it one bit.
16 was perfect, with 6 playoff teams. Scheduling perfect in a 32 team league.
Roger will get his 18th game. He will get his European Division eventually. Owners will profit ( ok as long as the product doesn't suffer).
Problem is, what if Mark Cuban is right? Regarding NFL greed & over saturation.
Don't ruin a good thing Roger.
-
I don't like it one bit.
16 was perfect, with 6 playoff teams. Scheduling perfect in a 32 team league.
Roger will get his 18th game. He will get his European Division eventually. Owners will profit ( ok as long as the product doesn't suffer).
Problem is, what if Mark Cuban is right? Regarding NFL greed & over saturation.
Don't ruin a good thing Roger.
I don't like it one bit.
16 was perfect, with 6 playoff teams. Scheduling perfect in a 32 team league.
Roger will get his 18th game. He will get his European Division eventually. Owners will profit ( ok as long as the product doesn't suffer).
Problem is, what if Mark Cuban is right? Regarding NFL greed & over saturation.
Don't ruin a good thing Roger.
The stupidity of the average American is vastly under rated. Recent events should have confirmed that. They'll continue to buy too.
-
if you are making concessions to extend the regular season game total.
Don’t go back to 4 preseasons games. Prefer two do one or more intrasquad scrimmages. And unpopular amongst fans but no Thursday football. Another unpopular one add a Monday night game …go East coast early game and west coast or mountain central late game.
Don’t go back to 4 preseasons games. Prefer two do one or more intrasquad scrimmages. And unpopular amongst fans but no Thursday football. Another unpopular one add a Monday night game …go East coast early game and west coast or mountain central late game.
+1 on the Monday Night doubleheader. Game 1 7pm EST Kick. Game 2 9:45 EST Kick.
I have no interest in Thursday Night Football after Week 2 or 3 or unless the Browns are playing.
I'd rather watch a good College Game and when the MAC was churning out NFL talent in the 2000s, they were playing Thursday Night MAC games on ESPN.
And I agree, each preseason game should consist of a week of inter squad practices.
Joint Practices are the valuable reps of the future. There is no doubt about that.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login