Skip to content

Super Bowl 2025

The Browns Board
48 20 1.4k
  • I just bet that Hurts would score philly's first td,,,,,you jackhammers better not jynx it 

  • I can’t call the winner of this game but have bet Noah Gray to score first TD for some fun 

  • Didn't take long for a massive bullshit call in The Chief's favor did it..

  • Almost the EXACT same play structure and call they opened up against Buffalo with.  

  • Almost the EXACT same play structure and call they opened up against Buffalo with.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Almost the EXACT same play structure and call they opened up against Buffalo with.  

    I’m with you Philly has the youngest defense in the League, and may very well be the X factor in this game.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Almost the EXACT same play structure and call they opened up against Buffalo with.  

    I’m with you Philly has the youngest defense in the League, and may very well be the X factor in this game.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I’m with you Philly has the youngest defense in the League, and may very well be the X factor in this game.

    Youngest and one of the most talented.   Great combination for that organization.

  • I want KC to win but I think Philly takes it 16-14

  • You couldn’t script a better start for the Eagles.

    KC is in trouble. Their offense this season isn’t high powered 

  • Like I said, the Philly's D plus the tush push. Barkley has been a blocking factor more than a running factor.

  • sydS syd

    I just bet that Hurts would score philly's first td,,,,,you jackhammers better not jynx it 

    @syd said:

    I just bet that Hurts would score philly's first td,,,,,you jackhammers better not jynx it 

    LOL I also won the coin toss

  • I hate Mahomes and the Chiefs. I loved every second of that ass kicking. Kudos to the Eagles front line for getting pressure all 4 quarters.

    I guess Kelce won't be getting any tonight from Taylor. Her tang is only for Super Bowl winners. 

  • Ownership makes a difference. Owner recognized that Hurts was a potential SB winning QB and instead of sticking with  Pederson, he fired him and replaced him with Siriani who could coach him. Also a dominant win that didn't give the refs a chance to cheat for KC. Finally I hope Myles heard Hurts say" Defense wins championships" after his victory.

  • Ownership makes a difference. Owner recognized that Hurts was a potential SB winning QB and instead of sticking with  Pederson, he fired him and replaced him with Siriani who could coach him. Also a dominant win that didn't give the refs a chance to cheat for KC. Finally I hope Myles heard Hurts say" Defense wins championships" after his victory.

    @mddawg said:

    Ownership makes a difference. Owner recognized that Hurts was a potential SB winning QB and instead of sticking with  Pederson, he fired him and replaced him with Siriani who could coach him. Also a dominant win that didn't give the refs a chance to cheat for KC. Finally I hope Myles heard Hurts say" Defense wins championships" after his victory.

    Nick Sirianni was one of 3 brothers that played for Mount Union. He’s the first MU alum to win a SB as a head coach. I thought it was cool he gave props to his HC and mentor Larry Kehres during his presser.

  • Smothering defense without having to blitz at all. Reminded me of the '85 bears.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He just turned 65 a month ago, that might have something to do with him not getting a head coach offer. His stint as HC with the Rams didn’t appear to go well, as the first and third (last) seasons they went a combined 3-29… and that was way back in 2009-11. You wonder sometimes too if certain coordinators like just focusing on their specialty and don’t want the stress of running the whole show? 

    Definitely!  That's very true about certain Coordinators preferring to just specialize on their side of the ball than taking on the bigger headache.  To your point, Norv Turner was a much better Offensive Coordinator than HC; and the same thing could be said for Lindy Infante.

    It seems like Stefanski still prefers being an OC to the HC gig - but I could be wrong about that. 

    @flugel said:

    Definitely!  That's very true about certain Coordinators preferring to just specialize on their side of the ball than taking on the bigger headache.  To your point, Norv Turner was a much better Offensive Coordinator than HC; and the same thing could be said for Lindy Infante.

    It seems like Stefanski still prefers being an OC to the HC gig - but I could be wrong about that. 

    I don't know if he prefers it...many other head coaches call plays.

    I do know that most people, in any job reach their level of incompetence.  Just because you are good at one job doesn't mean you are going to be good at the next. It's just that in sports, it plays out if front of a national audience.

    That said, I don't think that play calling is a large factor in being a good coordinator. I'd say it is a minor factor. It is however the part the world see's. The other side also holds true. I don't think a head coach calling plays takes away from their ability to be a good head coach.

    I also think that any head coach is going to be a little more involved with the side of the ball that they coached as they came up through the ranks. Unless we maybe look back to the early days of football has there been a head coach who has had extensive experience on both sides of the ball as a coach?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He just turned 65 a month ago, that might have something to do with him not getting a head coach offer. His stint as HC with the Rams didn’t appear to go well, as the first and third (last) seasons they went a combined 3-29… and that was way back in 2009-11. You wonder sometimes too if certain coordinators like just focusing on their specialty and don’t want the stress of running the whole show? 

    Definitely!  That's very true about certain Coordinators preferring to just specialize on their side of the ball than taking on the bigger headache.  To your point, Norv Turner was a much better Offensive Coordinator than HC; and the same thing could be said for Lindy Infante.

    It seems like Stefanski still prefers being an OC to the HC gig - but I could be wrong about that. 

    @flugel said:

    Definitely!  That's very true about certain Coordinators preferring to just specialize on their side of the ball than taking on the bigger headache.  To your point, Norv Turner was a much better Offensive Coordinator than HC; and the same thing could be said for Lindy Infante.

    It seems like Stefanski still prefers being an OC to the HC gig - but I could be wrong about that. 

    I don't know if he prefers it...many other head coaches call plays.

    I do know that most people, in any job reach their level of incompetence.  Just because you are good at one job doesn't mean you are going to be good at the next. It's just that in sports, it plays out if front of a national audience.

    That said, I don't think that play calling is a large factor in being a good coordinator. I'd say it is a minor factor. It is however the part the world see's. The other side also holds true. I don't think a head coach calling plays takes away from their ability to be a good head coach.

    I also think that any head coach is going to be a little more involved with the side of the ball that they coached as they came up through the ranks. Unless we maybe look back to the early days of football has there been a head coach who has had extensive experience on both sides of the ball as a coach?

  • That you just above, above, cal??

  • @flugel said:

    Definitely!  That's very true about certain Coordinators preferring to just specialize on their side of the ball than taking on the bigger headache.  To your point, Norv Turner was a much better Offensive Coordinator than HC; and the same thing could be said for Lindy Infante.

    It seems like Stefanski still prefers being an OC to the HC gig - but I could be wrong about that. 

    I don't know if he prefers it...many other head coaches call plays.

    I do know that most people, in any job reach their level of incompetence.  Just because you are good at one job doesn't mean you are going to be good at the next. It's just that in sports, it plays out if front of a national audience.

    That said, I don't think that play calling is a large factor in being a good coordinator. I'd say it is a minor factor. It is however the part the world see's. The other side also holds true. I don't think a head coach calling plays takes away from their ability to be a good head coach.

    I also think that any head coach is going to be a little more involved with the side of the ball that they coached as they came up through the ranks. Unless we maybe look back to the early days of football has there been a head coach who has had extensive experience on both sides of the ball as a coach?

    @ballpeen said:

    I do know that most people, in any job reach their level of incompetence.  Just because you are good at one job doesn't mean you are going to be good at the next. It's just that in sports, it plays out if front of a national audience.

    That said, I don't think that play calling is a large factor in being a good coordinator. I'd say it is a minor factor. It is however the part the world see's. The other side also holds true. I don't think a head coach calling plays takes away from their ability to be a good head coach.

    I also think that any head coach is going to be a little more involved with the side of the ball that they coached as they came up through the ranks. Unless we maybe look back to the early days of football has there been a head coach who has had extensive experience on both sides of the ball as a coach?

    As far as the play calling - I agree.  I think it's a combination of understanding the design of the offense and the personnel you're counting on to execute it.  Back when Lindy Infante left for a HC job in GB, the Browns liked his offense so much they opted to keep it.  The difference was the guy Marty promoted to OC didn't have the length of experience in that offense that Infante had to understand HOW to use it effectively/efficiently.  Infante knew defenses were chomping at the bits to blitz Kosar - so he he'd break out the multiple receiver sets to gets receivers/RBs to the hook zones to flats with his accurate/cerebral QB that exploit blitzes.  Fun stuff to watch.  They always seemed extremely well prepared.  When Infante left, someone else (his replacement) was trying to understand the offense and how it all fit every situation/scenario unfolding.  The clock management got bad, 1 time they had 1 timeout left in the 1st half with the ball at Houston's 19 yard line or so and time expired on them.

    The idea to keep Infante's offense at the time seemed like a good one.  Biggest problem?  We didn't have Infante running it.  Knowing the design and it's purpose is is huge help in knowing how to attack/play gridiron chess.

  • @mddawg said:

    Ownership makes a difference. Owner recognized that Hurts was a potential SB winning QB and instead of sticking with  Pederson, he fired him and replaced him with Siriani who could coach him. Also a dominant win that didn't give the refs a chance to cheat for KC. Finally I hope Myles heard Hurts say" Defense wins championships" after his victory.

    Nick Sirianni was one of 3 brothers that played for Mount Union. He’s the first MU alum to win a SB as a head coach. I thought it was cool he gave props to his HC and mentor Larry Kehres during his presser.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Nick Sirianni was one of 3 brothers that played for Mount Union. He’s the first MU alum to win a SB as a head coach. I thought it was cool he gave props to his HC and mentor Larry Kehres during his presser.

    Some of the best high school football in New York State is in Western NY inclusive of the Jamestown area where Sirianni is from.  I don't think he played at Jamestown High School; but that whole area has some great teams.  

  • Mahomes is definitely an amazing QB, but what stopped him from winning the game?

    A mix of two things, Eagles D and his protection failing.

    Browns can draft the QB of the century but if the pieces around him aren't close to the same level it doesn't matter who you have as QB.

    If we want to win games every year, we have to put all the pieces in place.

    Naturally, you can't have a QB as worthless as what we've had either, but my point is we shouldn't be reaching and wasting picks when we have holes all over.

    Unfortunately we landed a top draft pick without any 'no brainer' QB picks.