Skip to content

Will Howard

The Browns Board
48 11 2.2k
  • Google “Will Howard Combine Performance”.

    Yikes.

  • Google “Will Howard Combine Performance”.

    Yikes.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Google “Will Howard Combine Performance”.

    Yikes.

    I'll take the uncontrollable chaos of games and consistency over a college career, rather than the sterile, controlled setting of drills.

    But there are always exceptions...

  • Google “Will Howard Combine Performance”.

    Yikes.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Google “Will Howard Combine Performance”.

    Yikes.

    I agree with Sanders, he's throwing to guys that he hasn't worked with before.  I've always felt that the QB's throwing at the combine have it difficult to try and show well.  Having said that, he meets my criteria.  A tall drink of water with a strong enough arm.  

    edit:  I think a better place to judge the QB's is at their pro-day.  

  • This video doesn't look quite as bad as the ones that only wanted to show every single incompletion.  

    https://www.seahawks.com/video/ohio-state-quarterback-will-howard-s-2025-nfl-scouting-combine-workout

  • Do we expect Howard to last until the third round or is he someone we'd have to take in the second if we wanted him?

    Remember Weeden hitting guys out on the water in a boat? Apparently that wasn't a good metric.

  • JaxJ Jax

    Do we expect Howard to last until the third round or is he someone we'd have to take in the second if we wanted him?

    Remember Weeden hitting guys out on the water in a boat? Apparently that wasn't a good metric.

    @jax said:

    Do we expect Howard to last until the third round or is he someone we'd have to take in the second if we wanted him?

    Remember Weeden hitting guys out on the water in a boat? Apparently that wasn't a good metric.

    My guess is he gets picked in the back half of round 2 Jax.  The Browns would have to use their 33rd pick overall to get him at the top of round 2 if they wanted him in round 2. Someone said the Steelers had interest in him at their 1st round draft slot in the 20s. That sounds like some 1st round Poker or Texas Hold Em to me.

  • @jax said:

    Do we expect Howard to last until the third round or is he someone we'd have to take in the second if we wanted him?

    Remember Weeden hitting guys out on the water in a boat? Apparently that wasn't a good metric.

    My guess is he gets picked in the back half of round 2 Jax.  The Browns would have to use their 33rd pick overall to get him at the top of round 2 if they wanted him in round 2. Someone said the Steelers had interest in him at their 1st round draft slot in the 20s. That sounds like some 1st round Poker or Texas Hold Em to me.

    @flugel said:

    The Browns would have to use their 33rd pick overall to get him at the top of round 2 if they wanted him in round 2

    We have a bunch of picks that we could package up to move back into round 2 if they wanted.

  • @flugel said:

    The Browns would have to use their 33rd pick overall to get him at the top of round 2 if they wanted him in round 2

    We have a bunch of picks that we could package up to move back into round 2 if they wanted.

    @orion said:

    We have a bunch of picks that we could package up to move back into round 2 if they wanted.

    There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high.  He won't be a round 2 pick.   

    4th, at the earliest.  Unless some GM gets a wild hair up his ass. 

  • @orion said:

    We have a bunch of picks that we could package up to move back into round 2 if they wanted.

    There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high.  He won't be a round 2 pick.   

    4th, at the earliest.  Unless some GM gets a wild hair up his ass. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    4th, at the earliest.  Unless some GM gets a wild hair up his ass.

    So Browns it is early 2nd round.?

  • @orion said:

    We have a bunch of picks that we could package up to move back into round 2 if they wanted.

    There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high.  He won't be a round 2 pick.   

    4th, at the earliest.  Unless some GM gets a wild hair up his ass. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high.  He won't be a round 2 pick.   

    4th, at the earliest. 

    OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2.  We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks.  We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft.  Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders?  I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high.  He won't be a round 2 pick.   

    4th, at the earliest. 

    OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2.  We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks.  We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft.  Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders?  I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?

    @orion said:

    OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2.  We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks.  We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft.  Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders?  I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?

     I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs.  You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.  

      Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility.  I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits. 

  • @orion said:

    OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2.  We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks.  We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft.  Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders?  I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?

     I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs.  You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.  

      Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility.  I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits. 

    @tiamat63 said:

     I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs.  You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.  

      Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility.  I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits. 

    I tend to agree.  It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same.  Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard.  Now and then one of them turns out.

    Small school guys are good targets.  Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round.  He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.

  • @tiamat63 said:

     I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs.  You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.  

      Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility.  I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits. 

    I tend to agree.  It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same.  Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard.  Now and then one of them turns out.

    Small school guys are good targets.  Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round.  He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.

    @ballpeen said:

    I tend to agree.  It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same.  Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard.  Now and then one of them turns out.

    Small school guys are good targets.  Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round.  He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.

    Loved Buster Skrine!   Great open field tackler with the Browns as was our other Corner Joe Haden.  There were some great RBs in our division when they played so run support from the Corners was bigtime help.  Once upon a time, hearsay had Skrine bench pressing over 400 pounds.  True or not, I got the impression he was a guy that put a lot of effort into his strength and conditioning for football. Terrell Owens also played at UT Chattanooga once upon a time so you've probably had some fun college football to watch nearby ballpeen.

    image.png.8016b3becb587f43e4c0049ba27d565b.png

  • @tiamat63 said:

     I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs.  You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.  

      Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility.  I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits. 

    I tend to agree.  It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same.  Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard.  Now and then one of them turns out.

    Small school guys are good targets.  Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round.  He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.

    @ballpeen said:

    I tend to agree.  It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same.  Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard.  Now and then one of them turns out.

    Small school guys are good targets.  Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round.  He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.

    where did Pierre Desier (sp ?) play collage ball at ?

  • sydS syd

    @syd said:

    In a perfect draft - Howard will be there for the Browns at #33. But, a lot of mocks I've seen have him going in the 20s. I will be so sick if he goes to the steelers - who pick at 21.

    dammit, I just looked it up. dammit.

    Jul 19, 2024Bleacher Report's latest 2025 NFL Mock Draft has the Pittsburgh Steelers selecting Ohio State quarterback Will Howard at No. 21 overall after Howard transferred to play for the Buckeyes after ...
  • Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.

    I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it. 

  • Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.

    I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.

    I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it. 

     If people view Dart as a late 1st round pick, there's no reason they shouldn't feel the same about Howard.  

     He put up similar and slightly better stat categories in an offense that actually has a larger degree of complexity for certain reads. 

  • Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.

    I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.

    I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it. 

    This is Will Howard below before he was surrounded with Buckeye caliber talent.  Any of that look like a 1st round draft pick?  Like most prospects his age, the ability to succeed counts a lot on the organization he is going to. Before I forget - kudos to Cal for just learning Will Howard went to KSU. 

    image.png.002ef953a8fb81c68ececda896970a21.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.

    I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it. 

    This is Will Howard below before he was surrounded with Buckeye caliber talent.  Any of that look like a 1st round draft pick?  Like most prospects his age, the ability to succeed counts a lot on the organization he is going to. Before I forget - kudos to Cal for just learning Will Howard went to KSU. 

    image.png.002ef953a8fb81c68ececda896970a21.png

    @flugel said:

    This is Will Howard below before he was surrounded with Buckeye caliber talent.  Any of that look like a 1st round draft pick?  Like most prospects his age, the ability to succeed counts a lot on the organization he is going to. Before I forget - kudos to Cal for just learning Will Howard went to KSU. 

    image.png.002ef953a8fb81c68ececda896970a21.png

    Well, Cu Clux Cal did think Roethlisberger played for the U of Miami Hurricanes, so...