Will Howard
-
Do we expect Howard to last until the third round or is he someone we'd have to take in the second if we wanted him?
Remember Weeden hitting guys out on the water in a boat? Apparently that wasn't a good metric.
Do we expect Howard to last until the third round or is he someone we'd have to take in the second if we wanted him?
Remember Weeden hitting guys out on the water in a boat? Apparently that wasn't a good metric.
My guess is he gets picked in the back half of round 2 Jax. The Browns would have to use their 33rd pick overall to get him at the top of round 2 if they wanted him in round 2. Someone said the Steelers had interest in him at their 1st round draft slot in the 20s. That sounds like some 1st round Poker or Texas Hold Em to me.
-
Do we expect Howard to last until the third round or is he someone we'd have to take in the second if we wanted him?
Remember Weeden hitting guys out on the water in a boat? Apparently that wasn't a good metric.
My guess is he gets picked in the back half of round 2 Jax. The Browns would have to use their 33rd pick overall to get him at the top of round 2 if they wanted him in round 2. Someone said the Steelers had interest in him at their 1st round draft slot in the 20s. That sounds like some 1st round Poker or Texas Hold Em to me.
-
-
-
There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high. He won't be a round 2 pick.
4th, at the earliest.
OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2. We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks. We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft. Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders? I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?
-
There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high. He won't be a round 2 pick.
4th, at the earliest.
OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2. We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks. We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft. Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders? I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?
OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2. We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks. We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft. Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders? I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?
I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs. You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.
Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility. I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits.
-
OK fine, then substitute someone else for Howard...and/or substitute a different round than round 2. We've got 12 draft picks in this draft, including five 6th round picks. We should be able to move up somewhere along the draft. Does anyone want to see us draft five 6th rounders? I mean, how many special teamers do ya need?
I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs. You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.
Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility. I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits.
I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs. You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.
Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility. I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits.
I tend to agree. It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same. Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard. Now and then one of them turns out.
Small school guys are good targets. Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round. He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.
-
I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs. You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.
Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility. I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits.
I tend to agree. It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same. Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard. Now and then one of them turns out.
Small school guys are good targets. Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round. He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.
I tend to agree. It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same. Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard. Now and then one of them turns out.
Small school guys are good targets. Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round. He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.
Loved Buster Skrine! Great open field tackler with the Browns as was our other Corner Joe Haden. There were some great RBs in our division when they played so run support from the Corners was bigtime help. Once upon a time, hearsay had Skrine bench pressing over 400 pounds. True or not, I got the impression he was a guy that put a lot of effort into his strength and conditioning for football. Terrell Owens also played at UT Chattanooga once upon a time so you've probably had some fun college football to watch nearby ballpeen.
-
I see those late rounders in the same mold that Bill Belicheck did - as DBs. You take a good to great athlete and coach them up.
Cameron Mitchell is a good example. He's limited, but also has some positional versatility. I'd love to see him get a further look in our 2 high safety splits.
I tend to agree. It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same. Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard. Now and then one of them turns out.
Small school guys are good targets. Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round. He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.
I tend to agree. It may not have to be exclusively DB's, but the idea is the same. Draft the best athletes you can and coach them hard. Now and then one of them turns out.
Small school guys are good targets. Some years back we drafted Buster Skrine out of UT Chattanooga in the 5ht or 6th round. He ended up a pretty solid NFL player who lasted maybe 9-10 years.
where did Pierre Desier (sp ?) play collage ball at ?
-
In a perfect draft - Howard will be there for the Browns at #33. But, a lot of mocks I've seen have him going in the 20s. I will be so sick if he goes to the steelers - who pick at 21.
dammit, I just looked it up. dammit.
Jul 19, 2024Bleacher Report's latest 2025 NFL Mock Draft has the Pittsburgh Steelers selecting Ohio State quarterback Will Howard at No. 21 overall after Howard transferred to play for the Buckeyes after ... -
Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.
I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it.
-
Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.
I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it.
Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.
I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it.
If people view Dart as a late 1st round pick, there's no reason they shouldn't feel the same about Howard.
He put up similar and slightly better stat categories in an offense that actually has a larger degree of complexity for certain reads.
-
Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.
I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it.
Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.
I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it.
This is Will Howard below before he was surrounded with Buckeye caliber talent. Any of that look like a 1st round draft pick? Like most prospects his age, the ability to succeed counts a lot on the organization he is going to. Before I forget - kudos to Cal for just learning Will Howard went to KSU.
-
Will Howard to the Steelers at #21 is an even bigger reach than Kenny Pickett was a few years ago.
I'd laugh my ass off if they did something that idiotic. Please do it.
This is Will Howard below before he was surrounded with Buckeye caliber talent. Any of that look like a 1st round draft pick? Like most prospects his age, the ability to succeed counts a lot on the organization he is going to. Before I forget - kudos to Cal for just learning Will Howard went to KSU.
This is Will Howard below before he was surrounded with Buckeye caliber talent. Any of that look like a 1st round draft pick? Like most prospects his age, the ability to succeed counts a lot on the organization he is going to. Before I forget - kudos to Cal for just learning Will Howard went to KSU.
Well, Cu Clux Cal did think Roethlisberger played for the U of Miami Hurricanes, so...
-
This is Will Howard below before he was surrounded with Buckeye caliber talent. Any of that look like a 1st round draft pick? Like most prospects his age, the ability to succeed counts a lot on the organization he is going to. Before I forget - kudos to Cal for just learning Will Howard went to KSU.
Well, Cu Clux Cal did think Roethlisberger played for the U of Miami Hurricanes, so...
Well, Clu Clux Cal did think Roethlisberger played for the U of Miami Hurricanes, so...
? Baby steps. We don't want to mess him up with tricky stuff like: if Miami of Ohio is playing against Miami, FL - who is the home team? Spoiler alert: Miami.
He does know Ohio State plays in Ohio and Kansas State plays in Kansas.
-
In not opposed to Milroe or Howard in the 3rd round.
Subpackage for Milroe could be lethal and Howard at the very least should be very solid 2 in the mold of a Flacco rhythm playaction QB.
-
In not opposed to Milroe or Howard in the 3rd round.
Subpackage for Milroe could be lethal and Howard at the very least should be very solid 2 in the mold of a Flacco rhythm playaction QB.
In not opposed to Milroe or Howard in the 3rd round.
Subpackage for Milroe could be lethal and Howard at the very least should be very solid 2 in the mold of a Flacco rhythm playaction QB.
Howard to the raiders in the 3rd kinda makes sense
-
There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high. He won't be a round 2 pick.
4th, at the earliest. Unless some GM gets a wild hair up his ass.
That - or- a control freak owner forgets to take his Prevagen and what could go wrong? Says the guy who is replying to you 6 weeks later...
-
There's no reason to not only package picks, but to take Howard that high. He won't be a round 2 pick.
4th, at the earliest. Unless some GM gets a wild hair up his ass.
That - or- a control freak owner forgets to take his Prevagen and what could go wrong? Says the guy who is replying to you 6 weeks later...
That - or- a control freak owner forgets to take his Prevagen and what could go wrong? Says the guy who is replying to you 6 weeks later...
Better late than never. Looking at the overall strength and depth of this QB class, I may have been wrong in my initial assessment. While he won't go day 1, I still still highly doubt Will goes 2nd round.
3rd round though? Much more likely than I initially believed. Especially consider that's when the 2nd wave of QB runs should trigger.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login