Bengals or Browns
-
-
Uh, in case anyone didn't notice, the bengals look pretty legit this year and we look....awww hell.
Bengals 24
Browns 10 - on the bright side I do think we will manage an non-garbage time TD in this game.
-
Derek is starting, the Browns will loose HORRIDLY
-
Zombo said:
Even Lumbergh supported the Browns when his guy was on the bench.
There's no way we play worse this week than we did in Charley Quinn's 10 quarters of hell.
Zombo[/b]
I'd love to see an example of Lum supporting the Browns when DA was on the bench. I sure haven't seen it.
Did you see the second half of the game Sunday? That was 2 quarters of hell also.
-
Zombo, I cheered DA on in 07 until he broke my heart with that second cincy game. Every since, he's been shit. Back in 07 I was a Charlie Frye supporter if you dont remember, when Frye left, I was a sailor without a captain, Derek came in, gave me high hopes for a playoff berth, screwed that all up and has played like crap ever since, so then naturally I migrated to Brady Quinn, who after much research, I believe is the superior Quarterback. It is a FACT zombo that you cannot get to the playoffs with DA.
Plus I have realized that Quinn is the worst handled 1 round QB of all time, no 1st round QB has ever been denied a chance like this. EVER. And its all the fault of DA and his cannon garnering FALSE hopes in numerous coaching staffs. YEt they never learn, hence why we keep loosing year after year.
-
Zombo said:
Lumberg never hoped the Browns would lose or predicted they would lose. Not that I ever saw.Yeah, I saw the second half. We brought out gunslinger off the bench cold and told him to fire endlessly into the Raven defense after Quinn shit his pants for the third straight week and buried us.
Zombo
All you can say is he didn't put it on this message board. Being silent isn't exactly supporting or not supporting.
Sorry, throwing three awful picks is still throwing picks. You don't have to be warmed up to know not to force the ball into triple coverage.
I am happy for you that DA starting renews your hope, but it doesn't for me. The same other personal remain on O receving the passes, and that leaves little encouragement to me for the success of either QB.
-
Derek is starting, the Browns will loose HORRIDLY
Derek is starting, the Browns will loose HORRIDLY
Dude, it's kinda hard to take your QB comments seriously when you have a huge pic of BQ in your sig. The caption is all wrong too. With Quinn if goes more like The 20 to the 23 to the 25 to the 27...PUNT!!!!!
-
JosephSixpack said:
Wow so much negativity here for your own team.Now that Andersen has been named the starter, don't be surprised to see Cleveburgh win. I don't know if you checked the stat sheet, but Cincy got absolutely torched Sunday -- don't be fooled by their fluke pull it out of their ass win.
Andersen unlike Queen can chuck the ball downfield -- he should be licking his chops watching film of what Ben did to that Cincy D. The Steelers also let Choker Palmer off the hook by not bothering to blitz him the whole 4th quarter. I'm willing to be Mangina won't make that same mistake.
I pick Cleveland this week.
Checking the stat sheet, Cincy gave up 271 net passing yards, getting a pick, and a sack. That's not exactly getting tourched. DA also isn't exactly Ben when it comes to keeping a play alive.
-
Zombo said:
No ... that is an unknown. It is a fact that you can go 10-5 with Derek Anderson. And it is a fact that Brady Quinn is 1-5.I'm ready for the 10-5 guy again.
Zombo[/color]
I see another leopard has shown his spots. At least Stan had enough balls to admit who he really supported instead of throwing lameass 'I support blah blah and want him to succeed'.
Here is another 'fact' for you:
You can go 3-6 with Derek Anderson, too. Or 0-3.
-
Zombo said:
Not sure of your point.In the off-season, I said Anderson is a lot better than this board gives him credit for, he is being undersold, and that Quinn will win a VERY close QB competition (mind you everyone was fellating Quinn and begging for the Browns to get rid of Anderson at this point).
After one start, I said Quinn is disappointing and that if he continues to play this way he will be benched before October (3 starts). But I still supported him, rooted for him, etc.
After two starts, I said Quinn is really, really disappointing, and he has one more game to show us, and Mangini, that he can do something. Anything. But I still supported him, rooted for him, etc.
After three starts, I said "xxxx it. I've seen enough. Quinn brings nothing to the table. Bring Horseballs in and let 'er rip."
Now tell which part do you have the problem with?
By the way, I ALWAYS support the Browns QB on gameday: Quinn, Frye, Hocomb, Philcox (that one was tough), McDonald, Phipps....
Zombo
My point is that you seem to think Anderson gives you a better chance to win, while I can prove with facts that he also gives you just as much chance to lose. I'll see your '10-5' and raise you '3-9'. In the end, what did 10-5 get us? Moreover, since your post was assholish/gloating in nature, I'm calling bullSHIT on your 'I supported Quinn'. You never did, and every post you've made in the last 6 months proves it. You're so full of shit, it's a wonder you can ever get off the pot.
We're wasting our time with this guy - we've wasted two seasons with him already; we should have found out Quinn sucked TWO YEARS ago, now we're two years behind. So you want to win a few games NOW, screw the future.
-
Zombo said:
That was hard to do with Anderson winning every week.Zombo
10-5 got us...what?
That's right, another year with RAC, another 'season' with Anderson.
I shouldn't have posted the prior post. I'm wound up and should have held on clicking the post button. My apologies, Z (and, no, this wasn't coerced by threats, in case anyone was wondering).
Anyway, I'll be 100% honest here: I want this team to be 0-16 and Anderson to stink to high heaven so we can get both him and Mangini out of here. Maybe we'll get really lucky and Lerner will sell to someone who actually understands football.
Why do I want Anderson to stink? So we can close the door on him and get him gone; that way no future coach can get 'intoxicated' by his arm while we let future rookie QBs 'learn' from him (read: rot on the bench).
I've seen enough of Mangini - from decisions to off the field crap to on the field crap, he ain't no Marty Schottenheimer.
-
Zombo said:
Great attitude.
At least I still rooted for Quinn once I realized he wasn't the guy.
Even Lumbergh supported the Browns when his guy was on the bench.
There's no way we play worse this week than we did in Charley Quinn's 10 quarters of hell.
I am actually pumped for a game again.
Zombo
I'm pumped too Zombo!
I get pumped up every week.
I like watching the Browns. I'm always curious to see how we're going to f*** THIS game up!!!
It's like a train wreck! I can't look away!!! It's a disgustingly brutal scene, but I'm somehow captivated! I should be offended, but I'm mesmerized. I stare at the TV and go, "No way.
Did that REAAAAAAALLY just happen?" I hit the back button then slo-mo...... my eyes are glazed over as I watch the carnage unfold.... .... BQ fumbling backwards.
DA tripping over his own feet.
Barton about to lose his arm as he throws it out there with reckless abandon during yet another failed tackle.
St. Clair getting beat.
BE being flagged for false starts.
A QB sneak on 1st and ten at midfield.
A 3 man rush.
AP pushing people away.
Receivers carrying our guys in the endzone.
Wimbley playing man to man on the goal line.
2 yard runs.
0 yard runs.
2 yard runs and 0 yard runs on consecutive plays.
My GM stock will turn around before this team does!! oh, wait....
-
They are treating it like a BYE week down here....
Bungles leave Cleveland with horrible loss of thier own ...
Browns 23 Bungles 20 (OT)
Bermeck (13-3 still possible)
-
IMO The Bungles will still be on a "high" for beating Pissburgh and the Browns will catch them with their pants down. Browns 34 Cincy 13
-
Nothin suprises me anymore, I can see Derek potentially doing well, then being benched for Quinn the next week.
Anybody remember the Browns current cap situation?
Mangini is a numbers guy, Quinn will get exactly 69% of the snaps this year, just so his escalators dont kick in until Mangini can clear cap for it, Mangini still sees Quinn as his starter, he just doesnt want to pay him yet, Quinn will start the last 8 games of the season (easier schedual)
I think im on to Mangini now
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login