Skip to content

What kind of retard gives half a billion to two players who don't want to be in Cleveland?

The Browns Board
18 11 592 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #2

    "Buh Dum Tiss!"

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    CSVZSGEW0AEcxx9.jpg

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    He’s a buffoon and a loser  

    He will never bring a Super Bowl winner here. Unless the NFL lets them host one in the new stadium. Then, knowing our luck, the stoolers will win it our stadium  

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #5

    cant be all bad, brought this guy back

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    And now we sign 10th year WR veteran DeAndre Carter to a one year deal with $800,000 guaranteed. Who was that one a few years back we did that for and he just took the money and did absolutely zero? Oh yeah, Dwayne Bowe. Well that was far worse with a $9mil guarantee. Dropped him after the 1st year of his 2 year contract.

  • And now we sign 10th year WR veteran DeAndre Carter to a one year deal with $800,000 guaranteed. Who was that one a few years back we did that for and he just took the money and did absolutely zero? Oh yeah, Dwayne Bowe. Well that was far worse with a $9mil guarantee. Dropped him after the 1st year of his 2 year contract.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @texasag1969 said:

    And now we sign 10th year WR veteran DeAndre Carter to a one year deal with $800,000 guaranteed. Who was that one a few years back we did that for and he just took the money and did absolutely zero? Oh yeah, Dwayne Bowe. Well that was far worse with a $9mil guarantee. Dropped him after the 1st year of his 2 year contract.

    image.png.40e3a7fbc1d056139ed638b27e121c54.png

    Ouch!  But, good for him.

  • And wants them to be the locker room leaders?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @vaportrail said:

    And wants them to be the locker room leaders?

    What's up you mofos- back for a bit with work dying down. I hope everyone is doing well, I thought it was worth chiming in on this one.

    I truly think Myles Garrett was just playin hardball for more money, to be honest. Garrett has frequently said he enjoys being in Cleveland, the fans, etc. I have no doubt he will have 2-3 more season of elite level play. He's proven to be a generational talent, so that one doesn't bother me. People request trades all the time and some end up working it out with their current team (see Tee Higgins).

    With Watson, though: When the 30 for 30 undoubtedly gets made about the trade, it will become evident he never, ever wanted to be a Cleveland Brown or live in Cleveland. He made that abundantly clear in his process, and the solution of throwing of throwing money at him so he couldn't say no is why this is the worst trade in NFL history. To bring a guy who had minimal albeit high level pay at that level of money, that level of picks, with that amount of serious allegations is just bafflingly stupid. On top of it, the guy didn't want to fucking be here in the first place. 

    Do I get why the Browns were in on him in the first place? Sure. But man, what an absolute nightmare.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And now we sign 10th year WR veteran DeAndre Carter to a one year deal with $800,000 guaranteed. Who was that one a few years back we did that for and he just took the money and did absolutely zero? Oh yeah, Dwayne Bowe. Well that was far worse with a $9mil guarantee. Dropped him after the 1st year of his 2 year contract.

    image.png.40e3a7fbc1d056139ed638b27e121c54.png

    Ouch!  But, good for him.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @flugel said:

    image.png.40e3a7fbc1d056139ed638b27e121c54.png

    Ouch!  But, good for him.

    I think they added him for his return skills on punts an KOs.

  • Z Zombo Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #10

    We don't say "Retard" anymore.

    I suggest "Mongoloid" or "Pollock".

  • @flugel said:

    image.png.40e3a7fbc1d056139ed638b27e121c54.png

    Ouch!  But, good for him.

    I think they added him for his return skills on punts an KOs.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think they added him for his return skills on punts an KOs.

    Okay, that'll work. Thanks!  If I read it right earlier this week - Happy Birthday Aggies!   

  • And now we sign 10th year WR veteran DeAndre Carter to a one year deal with $800,000 guaranteed. Who was that one a few years back we did that for and he just took the money and did absolutely zero? Oh yeah, Dwayne Bowe. Well that was far worse with a $9mil guarantee. Dropped him after the 1st year of his 2 year contract.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #12

    @texasag1969 said:

    And now we sign 10th year WR veteran DeAndre Carter to a one year deal with $800,000 guaranteed. Who was that one a few years back we did that for and he just took the money and did absolutely zero? Oh yeah, Dwayne Bowe. Well that was far worse with a $9mil guarantee. Dropped him after the 1st year of his 2 year contract.

    I don't see the big deal on a 1 year contract.  Minimum salary for a player with that vesting is a little over $1.2 mil.

    He was brought in to return kicks...mostly punts.  Face it, if a guy gets hurt, the whole contract is a guarantee. I could understand if you had a problem with signing a 10 year vet over using a rookie to fill the role, but the $800,000 guarantee is pretty meaningless. 

    I doubt we were going to cut him before the season starts. I think as fans we sometimes forget that NFL players start with an extra zero attached to their salaries.

  • We don't say "Retard" anymore.

    I suggest "Mongoloid" or "Pollock".

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @horse-balls said:

    We don't say "Retard" anymore.

    I suggest "Mongoloid" or "Pollock".

    Or in the case of a newly self crowned blond wigged King, I prefer dumbfuck!?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #14

    What kind of retard gives half a billion to two players who don't want to be in Cleveland?

    --  I feel compelled to shorten the question:   What kind of retard players want to be in Cleveland?  (given our W/L percentage this century)

    And right now, we have Pickett as our QB.  I mean, who in their right mind would actually want to come here?  I'd have to assume that we'd be down in 'last resort' territory.  

  • What kind of retard gives half a billion to two players who don't want to be in Cleveland?

    --  I feel compelled to shorten the question:   What kind of retard players want to be in Cleveland?  (given our W/L percentage this century)

    And right now, we have Pickett as our QB.  I mean, who in their right mind would actually want to come here?  I'd have to assume that we'd be down in 'last resort' territory.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @orion said:

    What kind of retard gives half a billion to two players who don't want to be in Cleveland?

    --  I feel compelled to shorten the question:   What kind of retard players want to be in Cleveland?  (given our W/L percentage this century)

    And right now, we have Pickett as our QB.  I mean, who in their right mind would actually want to come here?  I'd have to assume that we'd be down in 'last resort' territory.  

    What's that say about us?  Repeat after me - "We're all here; because we're not all there."   

  • @orion said:

    What kind of retard gives half a billion to two players who don't want to be in Cleveland?

    --  I feel compelled to shorten the question:   What kind of retard players want to be in Cleveland?  (given our W/L percentage this century)

    And right now, we have Pickett as our QB.  I mean, who in their right mind would actually want to come here?  I'd have to assume that we'd be down in 'last resort' territory.  

    What's that say about us?  Repeat after me - "We're all here; because we're not all there."   

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @flugel said:

    What's that say about us?  Repeat after me - "We're all here; because we're not all there."   

    Nah. We're all here because we're loyal, true-blue, die-hard, Browns Fans.  We never hit free agency.  We'll never trade to another team.  The Browns are stuck with us...they're stuck with our support...and likewise our condemnation, which is a different kind of support.  Ultimately it's the product that's put on the field that determines if the organization gets our cheers or our jeers.  

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I agree.  Fandom isn't the same.  Most became fans because they were young kids living in the area, they had a parent or admired relative who was a fan, such as a grandparent, or they latched on to a player at some point.

    That said, I'll wait on the Pickett thing until we actually see that he is the starter and see how he plays. The book may not be closed on his playing career. Also, his playing career may not be all that long in Cleveland.

    If the Browns know we are going to draft a QB, we aren't drafting him to be a back-up.  He is going to start at some point fairly early.  If that is the case, why get too carried away with who starts this season, be it 5 games or 12, or until next season?

    Like Pickett or not as a starter, it isn't reasonable to say he can't be a pretty to very good back-up QB.  I get it, back-up QB's don't hold much value in fans eyes, at least until you have to rely on them to come in and hold down the fort for 2-3-4 games.

    That is why they still get paid a pretty penny and why the good ones have long NFL careers.

  • I agree.  Fandom isn't the same.  Most became fans because they were young kids living in the area, they had a parent or admired relative who was a fan, such as a grandparent, or they latched on to a player at some point.

    That said, I'll wait on the Pickett thing until we actually see that he is the starter and see how he plays. The book may not be closed on his playing career. Also, his playing career may not be all that long in Cleveland.

    If the Browns know we are going to draft a QB, we aren't drafting him to be a back-up.  He is going to start at some point fairly early.  If that is the case, why get too carried away with who starts this season, be it 5 games or 12, or until next season?

    Like Pickett or not as a starter, it isn't reasonable to say he can't be a pretty to very good back-up QB.  I get it, back-up QB's don't hold much value in fans eyes, at least until you have to rely on them to come in and hold down the fort for 2-3-4 games.

    That is why they still get paid a pretty penny and why the good ones have long NFL careers.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree.  Fandom isn't the same.  Most became fans because they were young kids living in the area, they had a parent or admired relative who was a fan, such as a grandparent, or they latched on to a player at some point.

    That said, I'll wait on the Pickett thing until we actually see that he is the starter and see how he plays. The book may not be closed on his playing career. Also, his playing career may not be all that long in Cleveland.

    If the Browns know we are going to draft a QB, we aren't drafting him to be a back-up.  He is going to start at some point fairly early.  If that is the case, why get too carried away with who starts this season, be it 5 games or 12, or until next season?

    Like Pickett or not as a starter, it isn't reasonable to say he can't be a pretty to very good back-up QB.  I get it, back-up QB's don't hold much value in fans eyes, at least until you have to rely on them to come in and hold down the fort for 2-3-4 games.

    That is why they still get paid a pretty penny and why the good ones have long NFL careers.

    I think we've had some good backup QBs here at times dating all the way back to the 80s.  I don't think anyone ever had a better tan than Don Strock in December here.  I think he even helped us win an important game in December 1 year when Kosar and Pagel were injured.  The 1st game my dad took us to in 1976 - David Mays filled in for Brian Sipe and the Browns beat Pittsburgh the day Turkey Jones ended Bradshaw's season. They went 9-5 that year under Forest Gregg and didn't make the playoffs (that was kind of like going 10-6 without playoffs during the rookie season of Joe Thomas).  That year, Derek Anderson was the back up QB for Charlie Frye so I guess he was a pretty good back-up QB when we consider he became the starting QB in week 2. Remember Paul McDonald?  Paul McDonald has the ball E-I-E-I-OUCH. With a pick 6 here and a pick 6 there. Here a pick - there a pick - everywhere pick 6.  Paul McDonald has the ball - Heaven help the Browns...

    I will say Gary Danielson was a good guy to start in 1985 before Bernie was ready to take over about midway through the year. The Browns won the division with an 8-8 record while Mack and Byner both rushed for over 1000 yards apiece.  If memory serves me right, Mack was the AFC Rookie of the Year in 1985.

    I never got the same feeling attending games in the new stadium; although the tailgate parties that guys from this board organized/held were second to none...