Skip to content

Kraven the Hunter

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
2 2 191 1
  • This was my most recent mindless action flick of the moment. 

    Kraven the Hunter is a Marvel character. I’m generally a sucker for comic book based movies but l was totally unaware of this movies’ existence until l stumbled across it on Netflix. Kraven the Hunter was a villain in the Marvel comics, a big Spider Man foe. I can’t say l remember him well from my comic book reading days so it struck me that the movie industry is really reaching into some obscure-ish comic book shit to make movies these days. 

    It’s one of those movies that jumps the timeline for cinematic effect. It shows action packed shit, then steps back to the events leading up to that shit, and that’s basically the first third of the movie, so you get the back story with how the guy got his powers. 

    He’s definitely portrayed as a good guy in the flick. Tracking down mob bosses and taking them out is his thing. A super powered mob boss presents himself during the course of the movie, and that’s pretty much the rest of the movie.

    There’s one scene where the main bad guy sets a meeting with a former rivals’ lieutenants, and it ends weirdly.

    The acting is ok. I did like the plot line and some of the character development. Action scenes were solid.

    I give it a C+

  • This was my most recent mindless action flick of the moment. 

    Kraven the Hunter is a Marvel character. I’m generally a sucker for comic book based movies but l was totally unaware of this movies’ existence until l stumbled across it on Netflix. Kraven the Hunter was a villain in the Marvel comics, a big Spider Man foe. I can’t say l remember him well from my comic book reading days so it struck me that the movie industry is really reaching into some obscure-ish comic book shit to make movies these days. 

    It’s one of those movies that jumps the timeline for cinematic effect. It shows action packed shit, then steps back to the events leading up to that shit, and that’s basically the first third of the movie, so you get the back story with how the guy got his powers. 

    He’s definitely portrayed as a good guy in the flick. Tracking down mob bosses and taking them out is his thing. A super powered mob boss presents himself during the course of the movie, and that’s pretty much the rest of the movie.

    There’s one scene where the main bad guy sets a meeting with a former rivals’ lieutenants, and it ends weirdly.

    The acting is ok. I did like the plot line and some of the character development. Action scenes were solid.

    I give it a C+

    @ibleedbrown said:

    This was my most recent mindless action flick of the moment. 

    Kraven the Hunter is a Marvel character. I’m generally a sucker for comic book based movies but l was totally unaware of this movies’ existence until l stumbled across it on Netflix. Kraven the Hunter was a villain in the Marvel comics, a big Spider Man foe. I can’t say l remember him well from my comic book reading days so it struck me that the movie industry is really reaching into some obscure-ish comic book shit to make movies these days. 

    It’s one of those movies that jumps the timeline for cinematic effect. It shows action packed shit, then steps back to the events leading up to that shit, and that’s basically the first third of the movie, so you get the back story with how the guy got his powers. 

    He’s definitely portrayed as a good guy in the flick. Tracking down mob bosses and taking them out is his thing. A super powered mob boss presents himself during the course of the movie, and that’s pretty much the rest of the movie.

    There’s one scene where the main bad guy sets a meeting with a former rivals’ lieutenants, and it ends weirdly.

    The acting is ok. I did like the plot line and some of the character development. Action scenes were solid.

    I give it a C+

    You said "Shit" so many times I thought you was gonna say the movie was "Shit" LOL