Skip to content

Russell Wilson to the Giants

The Browns Board
11 8 424
  • alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by alporcini
    #1
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #2

    lot o monies for that dude 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I'm ok with it. His best days are behind him.

    If the Browns want Rodgers or even Cousins ( who really might not be available), they're going to have to over pay. 

    There's a decent chance Pickett will get starting at this point..

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #4

    So....the Giants seem like they're quite sure that neither Ward nor Sanders will be falling to them.

    I would've liked Wilson instead of Pickett.  But if we had both of them we'd have Wilson Pickett bea6ef0034e4a59a.jpg 

  • So....the Giants seem like they're quite sure that neither Ward nor Sanders will be falling to them.

    I would've liked Wilson instead of Pickett.  But if we had both of them we'd have Wilson Pickett bea6ef0034e4a59a.jpg 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @orion said:

    So....the Giants seem like they're quite sure that neither Ward nor Sanders will be falling to them.

    I would've liked Wilson instead of Pickett.  But if we had both of them we'd have Wilson Pickett bea6ef0034e4a59a.jpg 

    1. Who has Pittsburgh signed?  Let's be honest, they haven't really even tried; so did they pay big $ for their FA WR from Seattle to just hand off all year? 

    2. I'm starting to believe what I heard that Pittsburgh is going to try to trade up for the #1 pick.  As much as we know Will Levis isn't the answer in TN - more draft picks can easily put a better QB on 1 of their early draft spots gained in the swap.

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Agree with Orion, I think the Giants found out Ward/Sanders are not falling to them at #3. Which means we are probably going QB at #2. 

    Rodgers is most likely heading to the Steelers. He's just being a D to squeeze a few more million out of them. 

    Assuming Rodgers goes to the Steelers, that leaves two teams without a starting QB: Titans and Browns. Ward to the Titans, Sanders to the Brownies. 

  • Agree with Orion, I think the Giants found out Ward/Sanders are not falling to them at #3. Which means we are probably going QB at #2. 

    Rodgers is most likely heading to the Steelers. He's just being a D to squeeze a few more million out of them. 

    Assuming Rodgers goes to the Steelers, that leaves two teams without a starting QB: Titans and Browns. Ward to the Titans, Sanders to the Brownies. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    I think the Giants found out Ward/Sanders are not falling to them at #3. Which means we are probably going QB at #2.   They'll probably take one of the day 2 or 3 QB's that we'd  be looking at if we select Hunter or Carter at #2.  In which case the Giants will take the QB at #3.  

    Rodgers is most likely heading to the Steelers. He's just being a D to squeeze a few more million out of them.  He might as well wait until after the draft to make sure that the Steelers don't trade up to draft Ward or Sanders.  He wants to be the  guy and not the bridge.  

    Assuming Rodgers goes to the Steelers, that leaves two teams without a starting QB: Titans and Browns. Ward to the Titans, Sanders to the Brownies. 

    You put it perfectly.  My thoughts exactly.  Therefore it's probably totally wrong.  ☺️

  • @orion said:

    So....the Giants seem like they're quite sure that neither Ward nor Sanders will be falling to them.

    I would've liked Wilson instead of Pickett.  But if we had both of them we'd have Wilson Pickett bea6ef0034e4a59a.jpg 

    1. Who has Pittsburgh signed?  Let's be honest, they haven't really even tried; so did they pay big $ for their FA WR from Seattle to just hand off all year? 

    2. I'm starting to believe what I heard that Pittsburgh is going to try to trade up for the #1 pick.  As much as we know Will Levis isn't the answer in TN - more draft picks can easily put a better QB on 1 of their early draft spots gained in the swap.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @flugel said:

    I'm starting to believe what I heard that Pittsburgh is going to try to trade up for the #1 pick.  As much as we know Will Levis isn't the answer in TN - more draft picks can easily put a better QB on 1 of their early draft spots gained in the swap.

    I couldn’t even imagine what the Steelers would have to give up to go from #21 to #1 overall. 2026 and 2027 first rounders too?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #9

     Possible that Tennessee has been pimping Ward to inflate his stock, and therefore his appeal, as much as possible to entice bidders and drive up the cost. 

     If so, would mean they don't view Carter as the #1 overall worthy.  Which I would agree as well. 

  • @flugel said:

    I'm starting to believe what I heard that Pittsburgh is going to try to trade up for the #1 pick.  As much as we know Will Levis isn't the answer in TN - more draft picks can easily put a better QB on 1 of their early draft spots gained in the swap.

    I couldn’t even imagine what the Steelers would have to give up to go from #21 to #1 overall. 2026 and 2027 first rounders too?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    I couldn’t even imagine what the Steelers would have to give up to go from #21 to #1 overall. 2026 and 2027 first rounders too?

    Think about it.  What they have at QB right now + 0 = 1-800-HOT-MESS

    That would be like Ghoolie calling 9-1-1 for an emergency and you're the one that answers...  They're in trouble.

    Since TJ Watt usually runs out of watts right before the playoffs - they might want to consider him or Highsmith and either a future #1 and/or their 1st pick in this draft. 

    All that said, they don't seem real worried about it so I think they have something brewing. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #11