Skip to content

My Camping/Hiking Loadout 2025.....

Barber Shop Talk
5 2 223 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #1

    Here's a good look at some of the items I acquired.. I love the great outdoors. The back pack is from One Tigris... Its called the Wild Rocket Pack.. Its a new twist on the alice pack used in the US Military... Any questions on any of the items.. Feel free to ask.. I'll post other miscelleneous items like camp cook sets and other goodies down the road...

    2025-04-01_15-10-48_971.jpeg

    2025-04-01_15-11-41_143.jpeg

    2025-04-01_15-12-08_822.jpeg

    L1.jpg

    L2.jpg

    2025-04-01_15-48-09_686.jpeg

    Striker.jpg

    2025-04-01_15-11-02_262.jpeg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I don't see your water filter. I'm sure it's in there somewhere !

    Nice little hatchet. I would take a 12" camp saw blade, and made a handle for it

    from wood in the outdoors. I think, anyways...to lighten the load for hiking...

  • I don't see your water filter. I'm sure it's in there somewhere !

    Nice little hatchet. I would take a 12" camp saw blade, and made a handle for it

    from wood in the outdoors. I think, anyways...to lighten the load for hiking...

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @calfoxwc said:

    I don't see your water filter. I'm sure it's in there somewhere !

    Nice little hatchet. I would take a 12" camp saw blade, and made a handle for it

    from wood in the outdoors. I think, anyways...to lighten the load for hiking...

    Yeah I have a sawyer water purifier But , I really want a Grael water filter bottle... They're the best!.. I have a 10" corona saw on the bottom.. Buck saws take up too much room and too much work to assemble when you need fire wood fast!.. The hatchet is by a German company "Ned Foss".. I'll post a picture without the sheath on it... its it has a clean work sharp edge on it.. well forged with a beech wood handle I treated with Formby's Lemon/Lin seed oil... If its possible... I'd love to meet up with you on the Buckeye Trail sometime... I believe there's primitive campsites in your area... And the bear bag poles at the National forest in Brookpark I believe.. Of which I have a free pass to all National Forests & parks.. I also carry 2 tarps 5x7 one is the footprint for my one tigris tent.. The other I use as a ground insulator under my moving blanket to prevent body heat loss.. Your back is the most susceptible to heat loss.. And is one of the major causes of death by hypothermia... I'm not worried about being ultra light... I'm not a sissy!!

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #4

    Here ya go Cal... Corona Folding saw... And Ned Foss 13" hatchet.. They gave me extra bushing shims for the Axe head.. About 36 bucks on Amazon.. The handle is beech.. Id much rather it be Hickory... But if the handle breaks,,, I'll make one out of hickory... But Beech isn't bad...

    Axe_Corona.jpg

    Axe top.jpg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    nice outfit, just getting back to this forum...