Who Are Some Players You Hope We Take At #33?
-
Here's a short list of guys I like for the Browns #33 overall pick:
QB Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss
RB Treveyon Henderson, Ohio State
RB Omarion Hamption, North Carolina
WR Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
OT Aireontae Ersery, Minnesota
DE Landon Jackson, Arkansas
DT Tyleik Williams, Ohio State
ILB Jihaad Campbell, Alabama
CB Benjamin Morrison, Notre Dame
S Xavier Watts, Notre DameWho are some of your guys you hope slip into the second round for the Browns to pounce on?
Here's a short list of guys I like for the Browns #33 overall pick:
QB Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss
RB Treveyon Henderson, Ohio State
RB Omarion Hamption, North Carolina
WR Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
OT Aireontae Ersery, Minnesota
DE Landon Jackson, Arkansas
DT Tyleik Williams, Ohio State
ILB Jihaad Campbell, Alabama
CB Benjamin Morrison, Notre Dame
S Xavier Watts, Notre DameWho are some of your guys you hope slip into the second round for the Browns to pounce on?
OT Aireontae Ersery - Minnesota or OT Marcus Mbow - Purdue (1 of these guys will be drafted by KC at #32)
S Xavier Watts - Notre Dame - (13 INTs in the last 2 years) I think we have room for this. And he's a good tackler that we definitely have room for
ILB Jihaad Campbell - Alabama
FWIW - there's a lot of really good RBs in this draft that will go after 33rd overall pick - possibly even Henderson. For example, Va Tech's Bhayshul Tuten ran a 4.32 40 and in just 11 games he rushed for 1159 yards at 6.4 ypc and 15 TDs. He's projected to go in round 4-5. Another guy, TN's Dylan Sampson in 13 games ran for 1491 yards at 5.8 ypc and 22 TDs - 1 mag has him projected in round 4 and he other has him slated for round 5. There's a Syracuse RB LeQuint Allen in 13 games ran for 1021 yards at just 4.5 ypc and 16 TDs BUT added 64 receptions for 521 yards and 4 TDs (he didn't even make into the 7 round projections in Lindy's Mag - just a "worth watching" while Athlon gives him a 5th round expectation) Even Skattebo is slated for 4th round in 1 mag and 6th in another. They USED TO preserve all these rounds for Offensive Guards...
-
I’m as excited about Friday night because the Browns have the first pick… unless they trade back into the first round
-
I’m as excited about Friday night because the Browns have the first pick… unless they trade back into the first round
I’m as excited about Friday night because the Browns have the first pick… unless they trade back into the first round
I call it nervous anticipation lol.
Exciting & AB, DePud is an oxymoron, but here's hoping they get it right
-
I’m as excited about Friday night because the Browns have the first pick… unless they trade back into the first round
I’m as excited about Friday night because the Browns have the first pick… unless they trade back into the first round
The last time we had the 1st pick in round 2 we drafted some OLineman that was rated lower than MANY other OLinemen. (and he turned out to be a bum) Fortunately Chubb got past another team or two so we could draft him with our 2nd high second round pick. So, it seems that the extra time that our guys get to draft at the top of round 2 only gets them confused.
-
Hard to say. I'd say there is a good chance we trade up to draft dart in the later 1st round. If not and he doesn't fall to #33, I think we take a swing at Milroe.
We need to draft one of these backs this year. Actually I'd like to see us draft 2 backs this year. Running back is a very weak room as it stands. All we have is Ford. He is a low end starter....better to call him a good back-up.
And Ford is on the last season of his rookie contract
And Ford is on the last season of his rookie contract
Good point. I doubt we set out to sign him early. Obviously if he has some sort of break out we will. If not, we might still sign him, but it will be in that later wave of free agency once it becomes a dime a dozen situation with him being familiar with the team being the deciding factor.
Jerome is a decent player, and he has a role, but he isn't a guy you are going to throw a big number. He isn't "just a guy" but not by a whole lot.
-
I’m as excited about Friday night because the Browns have the first pick… unless they trade back into the first round
The last time we had the 1st pick in round 2 we drafted some OLineman that was rated lower than MANY other OLinemen. (and he turned out to be a bum) Fortunately Chubb got past another team or two so we could draft him with our 2nd high second round pick. So, it seems that the extra time that our guys get to draft at the top of round 2 only gets them confused.
The last time we had the 1st pick in round 2 we drafted some OLineman that was rated lower than MANY other OLinemen. (and he turned out to be a bum) Fortunately Chubb got past another team or two so we could draft him with our 2nd high second round pick. So, it seems that the extra time that our guys get to draft at the top of round 2 only gets them confused.
That was the draft the Browns drafted Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward in round 1 and Austin Corbett and Nick Chubb in the 2nd round. 3 guys that made more than 1 Pro Bowl and the other guy was able to start at Offensive Guard in a Super Bowl Championship his team won (when he had a better Offensive HC with the Rams than Hue Jackson was with our team). Let's be fair here. He didn't draft himself when the Browns reached by 2-3 rounds on Corbett the same year Hue wanted the rookie to learn the Center, Guard and Tackle positions all at once in his very 1st training camp. Who are the young Olinemen that the Browns have developed since this? Bitonio? Pocic? Conklin? Wills? I'd love to add Dawand Jones but every time he shows up to training camp over 400 lbs - he predictably ends his year early on IR. They got Teller from Buffalo who was already starting games before Cleveland. I'm hopeful C Luke Wypler and G Zak Zinter will be ready when the opportunity presents itself. Anyway, this what Corbett ended up carving out for himself heading into his 8th NFL season...
Carolina Panthers agree to deal with longtime starting lineman Austin Corbett ahead of free agency
Mike Kaye Sat, Mar 8, 2025
The Panthers on Saturday reached a 1-year deal with Corbett ahead of the start of NFL free agency, a league source told The Observer. Corbett’s contract was set to void on March 12 after the team pushed back an earlier deadline to continue their extension negotiations.
According to another league source, the base value of the contract is $3 million, but there are incentives in the deal that can enable Corbett to make as much as $7 million in 2025.
Corbett, 29, is coming off a season-ending biceps injury. The veteran lineman played well during his first season as an NFL starting center before sustaining the notable injury in Week 5. Corbett converted from right guard to center following the arrival of Pro Bowl lineman Robert Hunt last offseason.
Corbett originally signed a three-year, $26.25 million deal with the Panthers in 2022. He had just come off a Super Bowl win with the Los Angeles Rams as a starting lineman.
Corbett spent his first two seasons in Carolina at right guard. He was arguably the team’s best offensive player in 2022, but he sustained a season-ending ACL injury in the final game of that campaign, which hindered him entering the 2023 season.
Corbett was limited to just four games in 2023 as he recovered from ACL surgery and eventually sustained a season-ending MCL injury.
Despite Corbett’s recent injury history, the veteran lineman has been valued by the organization as a leader on and off the field. Corbett expressed interest in returning to the organization from the 2024 campaign, and he has a clear opportunity to compete for a starting job this summer at center.
-
I don't have a request (so far) but my *not* request is Jaxon Dart.
-
Value at 33 would be Henderson or Hampton, but I feel like Henderson would be a perfect toy for a Super Bowl contending team at the end of round 1.
But I could see the Browns having five/six guys on their board and fielding calls to move back to 40-45 and making a pick there.
Do not draft list at 33 Jalen Milroe
-
Value at 33 would be Henderson or Hampton, but I feel like Henderson would be a perfect toy for a Super Bowl contending team at the end of round 1.
But I could see the Browns having five/six guys on their board and fielding calls to move back to 40-45 and making a pick there.
Do not draft list at 33 Jalen Milroe
Value at 33 would be Henderson or Hampton, but I feel like Henderson would be a perfect toy for a Super Bowl contending team at the end of round 1.
But I could see the Browns having five/six guys on their board and fielding calls to move back to 40-45 and making a pick there.
Do not draft list at 33 Jalen Milroe
I do like Hampton a good deal, although he's a bit heavy footed at times. Needs to lower the thigh height on his steps and really work on extended his stride at top speed. But his eyes and measurables are quality.
Ditto on Milroe as well.
-
-
If teams over reach for a couple QBs in the 1st, I wonder if that would leave some great 1st round talent for us in the 2nd?
-
-
-
Wow. Dart that high huh? The majority of the top 10 picks need a QB. It's a QB driven league. Without one you might as well do stamp collecting. We'll see if QB's rise or fall.
There's usually a curve ball or 2 so I'll ask you this question (and it doesn't have to be who you think is best) - what QB do you think will get drafted first between Dart, Milroe and Shough?
When you get right down to it - that question was based off my assumption that Ward & Sanders are the 1st 2 QBs to hear their names called by the Commissioner Thursday Night. That said, it wouldn't stun me if 1 of them isn't.
-
If teams over reach for a couple QBs in the 1st, I wonder if that would leave some great 1st round talent for us in the 2nd?
If teams over reach for a couple QBs in the 1st, I wonder if that would leave some great 1st round talent for us in the 2nd?
Absolutely Jax. Another thing that tends to push guys back is injuries. If Ohio State LT Josh Simmons didn't get a season ending knee injury in the October 12th game at Oregon - he'd be projecting somewhere in the upper half of round 1 as opposed to the back half (with a worst case scenario for him at the top of round 2). Unfortunately, the 2023 San Diego State transfer was starting to play his best football for the Buckeyes at the beginning of 2024. It's probably an outside chance but that could have a fate where he lands on the Browns 33rd overall draft slot.
Another example could be ND Corner Benjamin Morrison that appeared on Dutch's list. A 4 year starter that didn't even need to red shirt he was THAT good. His 1st round fate change became a hip injury late last year. Is there a worse place for a corner to get injured? This set back has prevented him from doing any workouts for teams this Spring. That could give some team a 1st round talent in round 2 if they're patient to wait for whenever he'll be ready to compete.
-
Wow. Dart that high huh? The majority of the top 10 picks need a QB. It's a QB driven league. Without one you might as well do stamp collecting. We'll see if QB's rise or fall.
There's usually a curve ball or 2 so I'll ask you this question (and it doesn't have to be who you think is best) - what QB do you think will get drafted first between Dart, Milroe and Shough?
When you get right down to it - that question was based off my assumption that Ward & Sanders are the 1st 2 QBs to hear their names called by the Commissioner Thursday Night. That said, it wouldn't stun me if 1 of them isn't.
-
Yes. That's the order I envision. Unless someone is in love with Milroe's athleticism.
Milroe if someone envisions a Lamar Jackson type role or a package at QB/ running back.
He’s one of the best athletes in the entire class (regardless of the position).
Id take him him with our second third round pick. I think someone takes him between the end of the first into the early mid second.
-
Yes. That's the order I envision. Unless someone is in love with Milroe's athleticism.
Milroe if someone envisions a Lamar Jackson type role or a package at QB/ running back.
He’s one of the best athletes in the entire class (regardless of the position).
Id take him him with our second third round pick. I think someone takes him between the end of the first into the early mid second.
Milroe if someone envisions a Lamar Jackson type role or a package at QB/ running back.
He’s one of the best athletes in the entire class (regardless of the position).
Id take him him with our second third round pick. I think someone takes him between the end of the first into the early mid second.
Great points! Milroe enjoyed his best season passing under Tommy Rees; so there's a pretty good trust between the 2 for whatever it's worth. Even then, he still rushed for 12 TDs and over 500 yards.
I'm not an expert on QBs. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking this; but I don't think this QB class is going to end up being as weak as it's rumored to be.
-
Milroe if someone envisions a Lamar Jackson type role or a package at QB/ running back.
He’s one of the best athletes in the entire class (regardless of the position).
Id take him him with our second third round pick. I think someone takes him between the end of the first into the early mid second.
Great points! Milroe enjoyed his best season passing under Tommy Rees; so there's a pretty good trust between the 2 for whatever it's worth. Even then, he still rushed for 12 TDs and over 500 yards.
I'm not an expert on QBs. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking this; but I don't think this QB class is going to end up being as weak as it's rumored to be.
Great points! Milroe enjoyed his best season passing under Tommy Rees; so there's a pretty good trust between the 2 for whatever it's worth. Even then, he still rushed for 12 TDs and over 500 yards.
I'm not an expert on QBs. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking this; but I don't think this QB class is going to end up being as weak as it's rumored to be.
The “experts” are trying to create the next “franchise QB” I heard one say that Will Howard is Josh Allen. Clearly Howard doesn’t have that type of arm.
Having said that someone will emerge. I don’t see a magic bullet this year
Anything before #33 is a no for me.
I’m warm on the creating a cockpit and adding a couple weapons like Hunter and Henderson let Joe play out 2025. Not SB contending of course but Exciting
-
Great points! Milroe enjoyed his best season passing under Tommy Rees; so there's a pretty good trust between the 2 for whatever it's worth. Even then, he still rushed for 12 TDs and over 500 yards.
I'm not an expert on QBs. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking this; but I don't think this QB class is going to end up being as weak as it's rumored to be.
The “experts” are trying to create the next “franchise QB” I heard one say that Will Howard is Josh Allen. Clearly Howard doesn’t have that type of arm.
Having said that someone will emerge. I don’t see a magic bullet this year
Anything before #33 is a no for me.
I’m warm on the creating a cockpit and adding a couple weapons like Hunter and Henderson let Joe play out 2025. Not SB contending of course but Exciting
The “experts” are trying to create the next “franchise QB” I heard one say that Will Howard is Josh Allen. Clearly Howard doesn’t have that type of arm.
Having said that someone will emerge. I don’t see a magic bullet this year
Anything before #33 is a no for me.
I’m warm on the creating a cockpit and adding a couple weapons like Hunter and Henderson let Joe play out 2025. Not SB contending of course but Exciting
So there is no confusion, let me say that Will Howard will never buy a drink for himself in Columbus for the rest of his life...
That being said, I watch a few Ohio State football podcasts, and one specifically repeatedly during the lead up of Howard transferring to Ohio State referred to him as "Josh Allen Lite". I was pretty stoked when I heard that.
I watched every Ohio State game last year, and Howard lead the Buckeyes to a National Title after one of the worst, unexplainable losses to end the regular season. Nothing will ever take that away from him.
His size is Josh Allen-like... His arm? No. His running ability? No. He can pick up yards, but he's not the tank Allen is. Howard is more apt to just randomly fall down untouched via an invisible sniper (Penn State, Texas) than he is to actually run someone over.
All this being said, perhaps the Browns have broke me, but at this point of my life if I want football victories, I watch Ohio State. The Browns? I watch them anymore almost strictly for entertainment reasons. Perhaps I've given up on the idea of the Browns being consistent winners.
So for pure entertainment reasons, the Browns drafting Milroe would be very entertaining to sit back and watch unfold. I don't think it would be a move that would make the Browns a consistent winner, but strictly for entertainment? Oh, it would be interesting to watch. The amazing runs, the long passes, airmailing receivers five yards down Field, etc...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login