Browns Sign Joe Flacco to a one year deal
-
I think this is the best of the remaining veteran options. Cousins doesn't excite me at all, & Flacco is familiar with the coaching staff & players.
Let's ink Chubb by noon.
Cousins doesn't excite me at all
You know The Browns only paid Flacco 4 million, That is back up money and i believe a huge bluff directed towards the falcons (as in we are not gonna give you what you want for Cousins) so I would AssuMe that the price will come way down after the draft or even after the 1st round, So do not be surprised if Cousins is starting for us week 0ne
-
So it's looks like we're taking Travis Hunter at #2, but will we take a QB at #33?
Dart, Milroe, and Tyler Shough all visited the Browns this week. All three will need time to develop and will not be week 1 or first half of the season starters. Dart is probably gone by #33, so unless we trade up it would be Milroe or Shough?
I wouldn't mind - #2 Travis Hunter, #33 Dart/Milroe/Shough, #67 Quinshon Judkins - I would love to have Chubb back but we need some RB depth even if we re-sign him, he just may never be the same and we need a running game.
Flacco with Dart/Milroe/Shough developing behind him - WR1 Hunter, WR2 Jeudy, WR3 Tillman, TE Njoku, RB Chubb/Judkins/Ford with a hopefully revamped and healthy o-line.
-
Cousins doesn't excite me at all
You know The Browns only paid Flacco 4 million, That is back up money and i believe a huge bluff directed towards the falcons (as in we are not gonna give you what you want for Cousins) so I would AssuMe that the price will come way down after the draft or even after the 1st round, So do not be surprised if Cousins is starting for us week 0ne
You know The Browns only paid Flacco 4 million, That is back up money and i believe a huge bluff directed towards the falcons (as in we are not gonna give you what you want for Cousins) so I would AssuMe that the price will come way down after the draft or even after the 1st round, So do not be surprised if Cousins is starting for us week 0ne
Wouldn't they have to cut or trade either Pickett or Flacco if Cousins is brought in?
We know they can't cut DW due to cap purposes. He will most likely be on IR, so that doesn't count towards the 53 man roster.
Pickett, Flacco, unknown rookie ( we think). That's how I see it anyway.
-
You know The Browns only paid Flacco 4 million, That is back up money and i believe a huge bluff directed towards the falcons (as in we are not gonna give you what you want for Cousins) so I would AssuMe that the price will come way down after the draft or even after the 1st round, So do not be surprised if Cousins is starting for us week 0ne
Wouldn't they have to cut or trade either Pickett or Flacco if Cousins is brought in?
We know they can't cut DW due to cap purposes. He will most likely be on IR, so that doesn't count towards the 53 man roster.
Pickett, Flacco, unknown rookie ( we think). That's how I see it anyway.
Wouldn't they have to cut or trade either Pickett or Flacco if Cousins is brought in?
We know they can't cut DW due to cap purposes. He will most likely be on IR, so that doesn't count towards the 53 man roster.
Pickett, Flacco, unknown rookie ( we think). That's how I see it anyway.
we can carry 4
-
Wouldn't they have to cut or trade either Pickett or Flacco if Cousins is brought in?
We know they can't cut DW due to cap purposes. He will most likely be on IR, so that doesn't count towards the 53 man roster.
Pickett, Flacco, unknown rookie ( we think). That's how I see it anyway.
we can carry 4
-
Wouldn't they have to cut or trade either Pickett or Flacco if Cousins is brought in?
We know they can't cut DW due to cap purposes. He will most likely be on IR, so that doesn't count towards the 53 man roster.
Pickett, Flacco, unknown rookie ( we think). That's how I see it anyway.
we can carry 4
-
-
-
Sweet. Run it back.
Is this what excited Garrett? Lol.
I was thinking about this the other day ironically... "Why did Garrett sign back so willingly"... It can't be because of Flacco naturally.... There has to be a secret trade and sign deal set up with someone,,, It's about the only thing that makes it all make sense... ..
-
-
Good signing. I was not happy when we let him go last year. I think we would have won several more games than we did if we had Flacco.
Whatever QB we draft can sit and learn from Joe instead of being thrown in as a rookie (hopefully).
Good signing. I was not happy when we let him go last year. I think we would have won several more games than we did if we had Flacco.
Whatever QB we draft can sit and learn from Joe instead of being thrown in as a rookie (hopefully).
McShay was running through a scenario today where the Browns draft Hunter at #2 and then trade up into the middle of the first to get his teammate Sanders.
That would be a bold move, Cotton.
-
Had best invest heavily in fixing the Oline and running game now. But it's nice to see old Joe.
-
-
Sweet. Run it back.
Is this what excited Garrett? Lol.
I was thinking about this the other day ironically... "Why did Garrett sign back so willingly"... It can't be because of Flacco naturally.... There has to be a secret trade and sign deal set up with someone,,, It's about the only thing that makes it all make sense... ..
I was thinking about this the other day ironically... "Why did Garrett sign back so willingly"... It can't be because of Flacco naturally.... There has to be a secret trade and sign deal set up with someone,,, It's about the only thing that makes it all make sense... ..
I think all the reasons he gave for staying were rehearsed for both he and the team. He stayed because he and his team figured out they had no leverage in my opinion.
-
With this news, I think there are two options I'd go with:
1. draft Hunter, but he may actually be taken by Tenn. at one, unless they also trade down.
2. Trade down. I'm not sold on taking Carter at 2 - it's a very strong Edge draft. So,
trade down a bit, and as much as I want them to draft Tyler Warren, I also want them to draft Josh Simmons, LT. I would love Warren at maybe ten, and trade back up into the first round and get Simmons, who may not be there in the second at all. With a trade down, we could pick up an extra third round pick - giving us three. Depending on what we could get in a trade down, maybe an extra pick next year, which would help the Browns trade up to get the qb they want.
Draft a qb with a third round pick, go defense the rest of the way.
I just don't know, it's complicated this year. lol
Absolutely no way Hunter goes 1. If for some insane reason he does you take Ward at 2
Absolutely no way Hunter goes 1. If for some insane reason he does you take Ward at 2
Probably, I think they do take Ward at one. But there could be huge surprises in this draft.
There is all sorts of talk. I'm just not sold on Ward. He's very good, but I just don't know.
It will take him some time.
Titans say they won't pass on 'generational talent' with No. 1 pick in 2025 NFL Draft
********************************
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cam-ward/32005741-5206-5305-364b-76c1f988f45e
"Strengths
- Recognizes pre-snap pressure and can protect himself.
- Displays recognition for attacking holes in the coverage.
- Sudden release helps him thrive with quick game and seam throws.
- Can whip throws into tight windows from 25 yards away.
- Release quickness and velocity limit defender’s reaction time to the throw.
- Arm talent to make throws that others in this draft class cannot.
- Alters trajectory and touch for bucket throws.
- Mobility creates longer cover times and second-action opportunities.
- Able to read the front side and get to the back side with his progression.
- Bobs and weaves around the pocket and away from pressure points.
- Capable runner when the pocket breaks down but doesn’t bolt unnecessarily.
Weaknesses
- Too willing to work out of structure and play hero ball.
- Struggled with Georgia Tech’s disguised coverages.
- Needs eye discipline to prevent coverage overlaps against zone.
- Inconsistent tying his feet with his eyes when scanning.
- Gets excited and cuts it loose before the route develops.
- Drop-down, sidearm release creates erratic placement.
- Seam throws become a security blanket when he’s uncomfortable.
- Unjustifiable interceptions from reckless cross-field throws.
- NFL QB-hunters will make him pay for reckless backward scrambles.
- Rears back and rips throws when touch and finesse is needed.
- Completed just 39% of his passes inside the red zone in 2024, per Pro Football Focus."
-
Good signing. I was not happy when we let him go last year. I think we would have won several more games than we did if we had Flacco.
Whatever QB we draft can sit and learn from Joe instead of being thrown in as a rookie (hopefully).
McShay was running through a scenario today where the Browns draft Hunter at #2 and then trade up into the middle of the first to get his teammate Sanders.
That would be a bold move, Cotton.
McShay was running through a scenario today where the Browns draft Hunter at #2 and then trade up into the middle of the first to get his teammate Sanders.
That would be a bold move, Cotton.
That might be a good move, (if they like Sanders), but I’d have to see what they’re giving up as to whether I’d like it or not personally.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login