Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Junior Varsity Mock Draft

Junior Varsity Mock Draft

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
39 Posts 11 Posters 837 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #1

    You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...

    Round 1  2nd overall:  WR/CB  Travis Hunter  Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...  

    Round 2  33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State 

    Round 3  67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State

    Round 3  94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs

    Round 4  104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse

    Round 6  179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State

    Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.

    Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas

    Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame

    Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo  

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    S A 2 Replies Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 15k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I've been dragging my feet on this, I'll post a mock today too.

      FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

        I've been dragging my feet on this, I'll post a mock today too.

        Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 11k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @dutch-oven said:

        I've been dragging my feet on this, I'll post a mock today too.

        No worries but looking forward to it. This year is more difficult than ever.  It feels like every draft slot has a lot of right answers so I recommend using alternative choices after every selection you make.  Due to the difference where each of my mags ranks guys ie: a guy you've mentioned before - Marcus Mbow.  Lindy's has him as a 1st-2nd rd projection while Athlon as him as a 3rd round projection but when I read Athlon's analysis it's a Hallmark love story (football version) of everything he brings beginning with "A tone-setter who loves to play with aggressiveness and a non-stop motor."   After the last 4 years of an uninspired Jed Wills - let's just say it became easy to get interested in this guy. It would be great to see him land on our draft slot where it's doable.  I can't see being cozy with tackles that are rarely healthy for a team wanting to invest in a QB. When is not protecting a huge investment advisable?

        The fun part of doing this helps us get acquainted with the possibilities surrounding each pick.  This year almost feels like every week brings a different mood/outlook as to who I think can help us the most.  As it gets closer, all of a sudden all of the guys that got ranked highest the quickest start to get nit-picked like crazy.  For example, Todd McShay who still hails Sanders as the most accurate passer in the draft - suddenly has to stash some criticism/weaknesses in case has to deal with an overcaffeinated Mel Kiper on draft day getting too cocky about rating Sanders as the #1 QB.  During nit-pick season it's probably best to go with your original intuitions.

        I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 15k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Rd 1 (#2 overall) WR/CB Travis Hunter 6'1, 186lbs Colorado I admit, I still want to trade down if possible to get ammo for next year's draft, but for this mock I'll just stay and take the dynamic playmaker from Colorado, and hope this coaching staff can figure out how to fully utilize him. 

          Rd 2 (#33) DT Tyleik Williams 6'2, 290lbs Ohio State Yep, another interior DLineman from Ohio State, Williams is stout against the run and can collapse the pocket.

          Rd 3 (#67) DE Kyle Kennard 6'5, 250lbs South Carolina Good length combined with good motor.

          Rd 3 (#94) OT Myles Hinton 6'6, 332lbs TTUN Experienced with good size.

          Rd 4 (#104) RB Quinshon Judkins 6'0, 219lbs Ohio State Shared the backfield with Treveyeon Henderson last season, runs with a chip on his shoulder.

          Rd 5 (#179) TE Luke Lachey 6'6, 253lbs Iowa Notice a trend? Yep, I'm going heavy Big Ten here. Lachey has Buckeye roots is yet another solid Hawkeye TE, honestly there's a good chance he'll be gone by this pick. Great size, good blocker, solid but unspectacular receiving threat. Good complement to Njoku. Time for double TE sets. 

          Rd 6 (#192) RB Cam Skattebo 5'10, 224lbs Arizona State Well dammit, I fought the feeling for as long as I could, but I'm on the Skat Train. With him and Judkins, the Browns will run the ball with nastiness. Skattebo can also catch the ball well and at worst would contribute on special teams. 

          Rd 6 (#200) CB BJ Adams 6'1, 186lbs UCF Athletic with good length, technique needs a lot of work.

          Rd 7 (#216) DT Ty Hamilton 6'3, 295lbs Ohio State I know, I know. "ANOTHER BUCKEYE INTERIOR DLINEMAN?" you are screaming over your morning coffee... Well it's my mock draft and I will do whatever the hell I want! ? While Ty Williams got a lot of the pub, Hamilton did a lot of the dirty work. Williams and Hamilton together made it almost impossible to run against Ohio State last season in short yardage situations.

          Rd 7 (#255) LB Cody Simon 6'2, 235lbs Ohio State Fuck yes, I did it again. Simon was another Buckeye who was overshadowed on a great defense, but I really like the kid. 

          Flugs was right, this was tough. Even with ten picks, it felt like I needed about five more. Still, I gave the offense two receiving options in Hunter and Lachey, rebuilt the RB room, got the OLine another OT/OG, heavily invested in the DLine, and added a couple late back seven guys with upside. 

          FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 15k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
            #5

            So you would take two QBs @flugel? 

            FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
            😂
            Quote Reply
            • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

              Rd 1 (#2 overall) WR/CB Travis Hunter 6'1, 186lbs Colorado I admit, I still want to trade down if possible to get ammo for next year's draft, but for this mock I'll just stay and take the dynamic playmaker from Colorado, and hope this coaching staff can figure out how to fully utilize him. 

              Rd 2 (#33) DT Tyleik Williams 6'2, 290lbs Ohio State Yep, another interior DLineman from Ohio State, Williams is stout against the run and can collapse the pocket.

              Rd 3 (#67) DE Kyle Kennard 6'5, 250lbs South Carolina Good length combined with good motor.

              Rd 3 (#94) OT Myles Hinton 6'6, 332lbs TTUN Experienced with good size.

              Rd 4 (#104) RB Quinshon Judkins 6'0, 219lbs Ohio State Shared the backfield with Treveyeon Henderson last season, runs with a chip on his shoulder.

              Rd 5 (#179) TE Luke Lachey 6'6, 253lbs Iowa Notice a trend? Yep, I'm going heavy Big Ten here. Lachey has Buckeye roots is yet another solid Hawkeye TE, honestly there's a good chance he'll be gone by this pick. Great size, good blocker, solid but unspectacular receiving threat. Good complement to Njoku. Time for double TE sets. 

              Rd 6 (#192) RB Cam Skattebo 5'10, 224lbs Arizona State Well dammit, I fought the feeling for as long as I could, but I'm on the Skat Train. With him and Judkins, the Browns will run the ball with nastiness. Skattebo can also catch the ball well and at worst would contribute on special teams. 

              Rd 6 (#200) CB BJ Adams 6'1, 186lbs UCF Athletic with good length, technique needs a lot of work.

              Rd 7 (#216) DT Ty Hamilton 6'3, 295lbs Ohio State I know, I know. "ANOTHER BUCKEYE INTERIOR DLINEMAN?" you are screaming over your morning coffee... Well it's my mock draft and I will do whatever the hell I want! ? While Ty Williams got a lot of the pub, Hamilton did a lot of the dirty work. Williams and Hamilton together made it almost impossible to run against Ohio State last season in short yardage situations.

              Rd 7 (#255) LB Cody Simon 6'2, 235lbs Ohio State Fuck yes, I did it again. Simon was another Buckeye who was overshadowed on a great defense, but I really like the kid. 

              Flugs was right, this was tough. Even with ten picks, it felt like I needed about five more. Still, I gave the offense two receiving options in Hunter and Lachey, rebuilt the RB room, got the OLine another OT/OG, heavily invested in the DLine, and added a couple late back seven guys with upside. 

              Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 11k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @dutch-oven said:

              Rd 1 (#2 overall) WR/CB Travis Hunter 6'1, 186lbs Colorado I admit, I still want to trade down if possible to get ammo for next year's draft, but for this mock I'll just stay and take the dynamic playmaker from Colorado, and hope this coaching staff can figure out how to fully utilize him. 

              Rd 2 (#33) DT Tyleik Williams 6'2, 290lbs Ohio State Yep, another interior DLineman from Ohio State, Williams is stout against the run and can collapse the pocket.

              Rd 3 (#67) DE Kyle Kennard 6'5, 250lbs South Carolina Good length combined with good motor.

              Rd 3 (#94) OT Myles Hinton 6'6, 332lbs TTUN Experienced with good size.

              Rd 4 (#104) RB Quinshon Judkins 6'0, 219lbs Ohio State Shared the backfield with Treveyeon Henderson last season, runs with a chip on his shoulder.

              Rd 5 (#179) TE Luke Lachey 6'6, 253lbs Iowa Notice a trend? Yep, I'm going heavy Big Ten here. Lachey has Buckeye roots is yet another solid Hawkeye TE, honestly there's a good chance he'll be gone by this pick. Great size, good blocker, solid but unspectacular receiving threat. Good complement to Njoku. Time for double TE sets. 

              Rd 6 (#192) RB Cam Skattebo 5'10, 224lbs Arizona State Well dammit, I fought the feeling for as long as I could, but I'm on the Skat Train. With him and Judkins, the Browns will run the ball with nastiness. Skattebo can also catch the ball well and at worst would contribute on special teams. 

              Rd 6 (#200) CB BJ Adams 6'1, 186lbs UCF Athletic with good length, technique needs a lot of work.

              Rd 7 (#216) DT Ty Hamilton 6'3, 295lbs Ohio State I know, I know. "ANOTHER BUCKEYE INTERIOR DLINEMAN?" you are screaming over your morning coffee... Well it's my mock draft and I will do whatever the hell I want! ? While Ty Williams got a lot of the pub, Hamilton did a lot of the dirty work. Williams and Hamilton together made it almost impossible to run against Ohio State last season in short yardage situations.

              Rd 7 (#255) LB Cody Simon 6'2, 235lbs Ohio State Fuck yes, I did it again. Simon was another Buckeye who was overshadowed on a great defense, but I really like the kid. 

              Flugs was right, this was tough. Even with ten picks, it felt like I needed about five more. Still, I gave the offense two receiving options in Hunter and Lachey, rebuilt the RB room, got the OLine another OT/OG, heavily invested in the DLine, and added a couple late back seven guys with upside. 

              GREAT JOB Dutch!  You also got a National Championship high 5ing every one of those Buckeyes choices.    Like we've put in old threads, you can almost stay right in the Big 10 and ace the draft We have mutual interest in Skattebo.  He reminds me so much of Purdue's Mike Alstott at his age in the sense of what he can offer an NFL passing game. This is Alstott's rookie year (below)in 1996 65 receptions.  Skattebo had 45 receptions for 605 yards and 3 TD for ASU in addition to rushing for 1711 yards at 5.8 ypc and 21 TDs.  I feel guilty I didn't even acknowledge Jack Sawyer as an alternative.  A lot of great things this guy does - isn't measured like providing leadership by example 100% of his teammates believe it.  No better example than his strip sack, recovery, and return for TD on a play Texas was lining up at Ohio State's 3 yard line.  Perfect punctuation. 

              image.png.ed8a41a9550c63a75f74810d840f92cb.png

              I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                So you would take two QBs @flugel? 

                Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 11k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
                #7

                @dutch-oven said:

                So you would take two QBs @flugel? 

                I would only do this on behalf of a team that always makes drafting a QB way more impossible than it needs to be.  As you saw, the 2nd one would be as late as the 216th overall pick (our 4th of four 6th round choices).   That said, I can assure you that any Ohio State fan that never wanted to see Kyle McCord throw another pass again - won't ever want to read anything else I have to say about QBs again.   That said, if I didn't see a much different version of him leading Syracuse to 10 wins inclusive of a Bowl victory that had him setting single season passing records in the ACC - I wouldn't have had the grapefruits to do such a thing.  

                I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • FlugelF Flugel

                  @dutch-oven said:

                  So you would take two QBs @flugel? 

                  I would only do this on behalf of a team that always makes drafting a QB way more impossible than it needs to be.  As you saw, the 2nd one would be as late as the 216th overall pick (our 4th of four 6th round choices).   That said, I can assure you that any Ohio State fan that never wanted to see Kyle McCord throw another pass again - won't ever want to read anything else I have to say about QBs again.   That said, if I didn't see a much different version of him leading Syracuse to 10 wins inclusive of a Bowl victory that had him setting single season passing records in the ACC - I wouldn't have had the grapefruits to do such a thing.  

                  Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 15k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @flugel said:

                  I would only do this on behalf of a team that always makes drafting a QB way more impossible than it needs to be.  As you saw, the 2nd one would be as late as the 216th overall pick (our 4th of 4 round 6 choices).   That said, I can assure you that any Ohio State fan that never wanted to see Kyle McCord throw another pass again - won't ever want to read anything else I have to say about QBs again.   That said, if I didn't see a much different version of him leading Syracuse to 10 wins inclusive of a Bowl victory that had him setting single season passing records in the ACC - I wouldn't have had the grapefruits to do such a thing.  

                  I actually like the McCord pick that late, I just was wondering with Flacco and Pickett already on the roster, where would you put a 4th QB?

                  I literally had Sawyer written down as my 3rd round pick, but thought that:

                  1. He probably would be gone by then

                  2. I knew I had some other Buckeyes in mind later in the draft and was trying to keep my Buckeye homer mock at a laughable level instead of a "You've got to be kidding me" level. 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • JJmac28 JJmac28J Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 87 Posts
                    • 16 Reputation
                    JJmac28J JJmac28 wrote on last edited by JJmac28
                    #9

                    without any trades    2025 NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Free Trades - Pro Football Network

                    image.png.f6a46788dc30641fab977c9db7bda696.png

                    with trades

                    image.png.67bc1f06ebb924b31f95c477d6be7f1e.png

                    FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 15k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
                      #10
                      ILEI tra
                      pfn-logo
                      9.NFL-team-logo
                      Tyler WarrenTE Penn State
                      trade-icon
                      33.NFL-team-logo
                      Tyleik WilliamsDT Ohio State
                      67.NFL-team-logo
                      Jayden HigginsWR Iowa State
                      94.NFL-team-logo
                      Kyle KennardEDGE South Carolina
                      104.NFL-team-logo
                      Billy BowmanS Oklahoma
                      179.NFL-team-logo
                      Jack NelsonOT Wisconsin
                      192.NFL-team-logo
                      Kalel MullingsRB Michigan
                      200.NFL-team-logo
                      Luke LacheyTE Iowa
                      216.NFL-team-logo
                      BJ AdamsCB UCF
                      255.NFL-team-logo
                      Robert LongerbeamCB Rutgers
                       
                      I traded down to #9 and got 2026 New Orleans 1st
                      FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • JJmac28J JJmac28

                        without any trades    2025 NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Free Trades - Pro Football Network

                        image.png.f6a46788dc30641fab977c9db7bda696.png

                        with trades

                        image.png.67bc1f06ebb924b31f95c477d6be7f1e.png

                        Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 11k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @jjmac28 said:

                        without any trades    2025 NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Free Trades - Pro Football Network

                        image.png.f6a46788dc30641fab977c9db7bda696.png

                        with trades

                        image.png.67bc1f06ebb924b31f95c477d6be7f1e.png

                        Way to go JJ!  We got 2 very good DBs from Colorado and 1 of them fills a huge need at Safety. Who woulda thought we'd land the other Sanders brother.  Like the one with trades too getting Henderson and JT in success rounds.

                        I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven
                          ILEI tra
                          pfn-logo
                          9.NFL-team-logo
                          Tyler WarrenTE Penn State
                          trade-icon
                          33.NFL-team-logo
                          Tyleik WilliamsDT Ohio State
                          67.NFL-team-logo
                          Jayden HigginsWR Iowa State
                          94.NFL-team-logo
                          Kyle KennardEDGE South Carolina
                          104.NFL-team-logo
                          Billy BowmanS Oklahoma
                          179.NFL-team-logo
                          Jack NelsonOT Wisconsin
                          192.NFL-team-logo
                          Kalel MullingsRB Michigan
                          200.NFL-team-logo
                          Luke LacheyTE Iowa
                          216.NFL-team-logo
                          BJ AdamsCB UCF
                          255.NFL-team-logo
                          Robert LongerbeamCB Rutgers
                           
                          I traded down to #9 and got 2026 New Orleans 1st
                          Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @dutch-oven said:

                          ILEI tra
                          pfn-logo
                          9.NFL-team-logo
                          Tyler WarrenTE Penn State
                          trade-icon
                          33.NFL-team-logo
                          Tyleik WilliamsDT Ohio State
                          67.NFL-team-logo
                          Jayden HigginsWR Iowa State
                          94.NFL-team-logo
                          Kyle KennardEDGE South Carolina
                          104.NFL-team-logo
                          Billy BowmanS Oklahoma
                          179.NFL-team-logo
                          Jack NelsonOT Wisconsin
                          192.NFL-team-logo
                          Kalel MullingsRB Michigan
                          200.NFL-team-logo
                          Luke LacheyTE Iowa
                          216.NFL-team-logo
                          BJ AdamsCB UCF
                          255.NFL-team-logo
                          Robert LongerbeamCB Rutgers
                           
                          I traded down to #9 and got 2026 New Orleans 1st

                          ??   Well done!  That looked like you had fun. 

                          I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • FlugelF Flugel

                            You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...

                            Round 1  2nd overall:  WR/CB  Travis Hunter  Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...  

                            Round 2  33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State 

                            Round 3  67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State

                            Round 3  94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs

                            Round 4  104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse

                            Round 6  179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State

                            Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.

                            Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas

                            Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame

                            Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo  

                            SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 5k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @flugel said:

                            You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...

                            Round 1  2nd overall:  WR/CB  Travis Hunter  Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...  

                            Round 2  33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State 

                            Round 3  67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State

                            Round 3  94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs

                            Round 4  104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse

                            Round 6  179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State

                            Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.

                            Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Virginia

                            Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame

                            Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo  

                            Not too shabby. 
                             If Trey Henderson is available with our 3rd round pick.  That better be the pick.  I have a suspicion that he goes much earlier than we call think. 

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            ❤
                            Quote Reply
                            • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 5k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              My Mock:

                              2. Travis Hunter DB/WR. Elite playmaker of both sides.  Can digest a playbook from both perspectives.  Packages on offense from Day 1.  I park him at corner mostly though. 

                              33.  Trey Henderson RB. Speed & Weapon. Elite Pass catcher, Pass blocker, Perimeter runner.  Great 3rd down back from Day 1.

                              67. Marcus Mbow OT/C.  Purdue.  Looks like a center. Second level blocking type/ athletic and position versatility.  

                              94. Charles Grant OT William & Mary. Wrestling background, late bloomer, polished zone blocking scheme guy. Not ideal size but appears to be pretty quick and has good wingspans

                              104. Jordan Burch DE Oregon.  Versatility Oregon lined him up everywhere. Big time recruit and Great athlete 

                              179.  Nick Nash. WR San Jose State. My sleeper pick. Converted QB. Runs good routes plays the position with the head of a QB and still developing as a WR.  

                              192. Kurtis Rourke. QB Indiana. Tall Joe Flacco Lite.  Ceiling spot starter Floor backup.  Big Time player at Ohio U.

                              200. Ty Hamilton DT. OSU.  I’ll join the crowd. 

                              216. Justin Walley DB Minnesota.  Looks like an immediate contributor on special teams.

                              217. Cooper Mays  C Tennesee. Multi year starter at Center playing in the SEC with NFL bloodlines.

                              FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • S SdBacker80

                                My Mock:

                                2. Travis Hunter DB/WR. Elite playmaker of both sides.  Can digest a playbook from both perspectives.  Packages on offense from Day 1.  I park him at corner mostly though. 

                                33.  Trey Henderson RB. Speed & Weapon. Elite Pass catcher, Pass blocker, Perimeter runner.  Great 3rd down back from Day 1.

                                67. Marcus Mbow OT/C.  Purdue.  Looks like a center. Second level blocking type/ athletic and position versatility.  

                                94. Charles Grant OT William & Mary. Wrestling background, late bloomer, polished zone blocking scheme guy. Not ideal size but appears to be pretty quick and has good wingspans

                                104. Jordan Burch DE Oregon.  Versatility Oregon lined him up everywhere. Big time recruit and Great athlete 

                                179.  Nick Nash. WR San Jose State. My sleeper pick. Converted QB. Runs good routes plays the position with the head of a QB and still developing as a WR.  

                                192. Kurtis Rourke. QB Indiana. Tall Joe Flacco Lite.  Ceiling spot starter Floor backup.  Big Time player at Ohio U.

                                200. Ty Hamilton DT. OSU.  I’ll join the crowd. 

                                216. Justin Walley DB Minnesota.  Looks like an immediate contributor on special teams.

                                217. Cooper Mays  C Tennesee. Multi year starter at Center playing in the SEC with NFL bloodlines.

                                Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @sdbacker80 said:

                                My Mock:

                                2. Travis Hunter DB/WR. Elite playmaker of both sides.  Can digest a playbook from both perspectives.  Packages on offense from Day 1.  I park him at corner mostly though. 

                                33.  Trey Henderson RB. Speed & Weapon. Elite Pass catcher, Pass blocker, Perimeter runner.  Great 3rd down back from Day 1.

                                67. Marcus Mbow OT/C.  Purdue.  Looks like a center. Second level blocking type/ athletic and position versatility.  

                                94. Charles Grant OT William & Mary. Wrestling background, late bloomer, polished zone blocking scheme guy. Not ideal size but appears to be pretty quick and has good wingspans

                                104. Jordan Burch DE Oregon.  Versatility Oregon lined him up everywhere. Big time recruit and Great athlete 

                                179.  Nick Nash. WR San Jose State. My sleeper pick. Converted QB. Runs good routes plays the position with the head of a QB and still developing as a WR.  

                                192. Kurtis Rourke. QB Indiana. Tall Joe Flacco Lite.  Ceiling spot starter Floor backup.  Big Time player at Ohio U.

                                200. Ty Hamilton DT. OSU.  I’ll join the crowd. 

                                216. Justin Walley DB Minnesota.  Looks like an immediate contributor on special teams.

                                217. Cooper Mays  C Tennesee. Multi year starter at Center playing in the SEC with NFL bloodlines.

                                Wow!  Great Mock Draft and nice write-ups for each choice SdBacker!  Hard to beat those 1st 3 choices.  Thanks for sharing that!

                                I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • FlugelF Flugel

                                  You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...

                                  Round 1  2nd overall:  WR/CB  Travis Hunter  Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...  

                                  Round 2  33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State 

                                  Round 3  67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State

                                  Round 3  94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs

                                  Round 4  104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse

                                  Round 6  179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State

                                  Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.

                                  Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas

                                  Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame

                                  Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo  

                                  AP1 A Posting Machine Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 783 Posts
                                  • 670 Reputation
                                  A AP1 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @flugel said:

                                  You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...

                                  Round 1  2nd overall:  WR/CB  Travis Hunter  Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...  

                                  Round 2  33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State 

                                  Round 3  67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State

                                  Round 3  94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs

                                  Round 4  104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse

                                  Round 6  179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State

                                  Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.

                                  Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas

                                  Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame

                                  Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo  

                                  This opinion is worth what you're paying to read it.

                                  Aireontae Ersey is the ONLY LT that, one on one, stalemated, and on some plays beat Abdul Carter during the 2024 season.

                                  One game does not a LT make. I didn't watch any other Minnesota games so I have nothing else.

                                  6'6" 330

                                  2023 Second Team All Big Ten

                                  2024 First Team All Big Ten 

                                  2024 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year

                                  I would take him no questions asked at 33.

                                  FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • A AP1

                                    @flugel said:

                                    You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...

                                    Round 1  2nd overall:  WR/CB  Travis Hunter  Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...  

                                    Round 2  33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State 

                                    Round 3  67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State

                                    Round 3  94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs

                                    Round 4  104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse

                                    Round 6  179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State

                                    Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.

                                    Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas

                                    Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame

                                    Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo  

                                    This opinion is worth what you're paying to read it.

                                    Aireontae Ersey is the ONLY LT that, one on one, stalemated, and on some plays beat Abdul Carter during the 2024 season.

                                    One game does not a LT make. I didn't watch any other Minnesota games so I have nothing else.

                                    6'6" 330

                                    2023 Second Team All Big Ten

                                    2024 First Team All Big Ten 

                                    2024 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year

                                    I would take him no questions asked at 33.

                                    Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 11k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
                                    #17

                                    @ap1 said:

                                    This opinion is worth what you're paying to read it.

                                    Aireontae Ersey is the ONLY LT that, one on one, stalemated, and on some plays beat Abdul Carter during the 2024 season.

                                    One game does not a LT make. I didn't watch any other Minnesota games so I have nothing else.

                                    6'6" 330

                                    2023 Second Team All Big Ten

                                    2024 First Team All Big Ten 

                                    2024 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year

                                    I would take him no questions asked at 33.

                                    Great stuff AP1!  Thank you!  I like your appreciation for this hard working guy.   At that 33rd overall spot I had to resist temptations for so many good players that had great stats or awesome combines, etc.   But then, there's how much I hate Pittsburgh so I want TOUGH edges.  There's that 1 little video I put in a couple of posts where he drives Carter back about 5-6 yards on a running play. Just when you think he thinks Carter has had enough - here's comes a little nasty streak just to show Carter "I ain't done with you yet" and he jolts him back another 3 or 4 yards or so.  It was his way of letting Carter know in the running game we're going to the echo of the whistle today. That's a damn good conference to earn the Offensive Lineman of the Year honor in.  

                                    That running play has me questioning whether it will be in Carter's best interest to play every down in a 3 point stance on the edge; or, in a 2 point stance off the line of scrimmage where his team can blitz him any time/place they want.  Against the run, he would stay free of blockers in that 2 point stance.  I can see this guy being another JOK (who was great at blitzing).  That wouldn't have to mean they couldn't use a wrinkle where they put him in a 3 point where they deem the opponent's OL would be vulnerable. My concern for him with the 3 point stance is teams will audible to the run.  On the other hand, a smaller Haason Reddick at 6-1 240 lbs in Philly had 27 sacks in 2022 through 2023.  If Carter stays healthy and goes to the right DC (ie: Jim Schwartz) - I think he can be a better selection than I've been giving him credit for.  Why the detour?  The Browns could be drafting him so...  

                                    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • blitzz2 B Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 243 Posts
                                      • 60 Reputation
                                      B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by blitzz2
                                      #18

                                      Straight up no trades

                                      Screenshot_20250416_124441_Chrome.jpg

                                      FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                                      ❤
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • BernieSuperBowl2 BernieSuperBowl2B Posting Machine Very Popular Dedicated One Year In Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 710 Posts
                                        • 364 Reputation
                                        BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by BernieSuperBowl2
                                        #19

                                        I did a mock going the Dart route with the #33 overall pick. The #33 is the most hard to predict - looks like QB or DT? Based on the Judkins/Skattebo visits we're eyeballing a RB in third round. I think we're hoping Judkins, but he may be gone at #67 and I'm not sure Skattebo makes it to #94 either. 

                                        image.png.e8693910e28368e73afd61c5955570e6.png

                                        FlugelF OrionO 2 Replies Last reply
                                        ❤
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • B blitzz2

                                          Straight up no trades

                                          Screenshot_20250416_124441_Chrome.jpg

                                          Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 11k Posts
                                          • 6k Reputation
                                          FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
                                          #20

                                          @blitzz2 said:

                                          Straight up no trades

                                          Screenshot_20250416_124441_Chrome.jpg

                                          Nice job loading up the passing game Blitzz all the way through. Okay so I know the draft simulator lists Hunter as a CB - where do you prefer him?   You also stealthed in some good defensive players in the back half.  I like that Kiser pick. 

                                          I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate