Junior Varsity Mock Draft
-
Rd 1 (#2 overall) WR/CB Travis Hunter 6'1, 186lbs Colorado I admit, I still want to trade down if possible to get ammo for next year's draft, but for this mock I'll just stay and take the dynamic playmaker from Colorado, and hope this coaching staff can figure out how to fully utilize him.
Rd 2 (#33) DT Tyleik Williams 6'2, 290lbs Ohio State Yep, another interior DLineman from Ohio State, Williams is stout against the run and can collapse the pocket.
Rd 3 (#67) DE Kyle Kennard 6'5, 250lbs South Carolina Good length combined with good motor.
Rd 3 (#94) OT Myles Hinton 6'6, 332lbs TTUN Experienced with good size.
Rd 4 (#104) RB Quinshon Judkins 6'0, 219lbs Ohio State Shared the backfield with Treveyeon Henderson last season, runs with a chip on his shoulder.
Rd 5 (#179) TE Luke Lachey 6'6, 253lbs Iowa Notice a trend? Yep, I'm going heavy Big Ten here. Lachey has Buckeye roots is yet another solid Hawkeye TE, honestly there's a good chance he'll be gone by this pick. Great size, good blocker, solid but unspectacular receiving threat. Good complement to Njoku. Time for double TE sets.
Rd 6 (#192) RB Cam Skattebo 5'10, 224lbs Arizona State Well dammit, I fought the feeling for as long as I could, but I'm on the Skat Train. With him and Judkins, the Browns will run the ball with nastiness. Skattebo can also catch the ball well and at worst would contribute on special teams.
Rd 6 (#200) CB BJ Adams 6'1, 186lbs UCF Athletic with good length, technique needs a lot of work.
Rd 7 (#216) DT Ty Hamilton 6'3, 295lbs Ohio State I know, I know. "ANOTHER BUCKEYE INTERIOR DLINEMAN?" you are screaming over your morning coffee... Well it's my mock draft and I will do whatever the hell I want! ? While Ty Williams got a lot of the pub, Hamilton did a lot of the dirty work. Williams and Hamilton together made it almost impossible to run against Ohio State last season in short yardage situations.
Rd 7 (#255) LB Cody Simon 6'2, 235lbs Ohio State Fuck yes, I did it again. Simon was another Buckeye who was overshadowed on a great defense, but I really like the kid.
Flugs was right, this was tough. Even with ten picks, it felt like I needed about five more. Still, I gave the offense two receiving options in Hunter and Lachey, rebuilt the RB room, got the OLine another OT/OG, heavily invested in the DLine, and added a couple late back seven guys with upside.
-
So you would take two QBs @flugel?
-
Rd 1 (#2 overall) WR/CB Travis Hunter 6'1, 186lbs Colorado I admit, I still want to trade down if possible to get ammo for next year's draft, but for this mock I'll just stay and take the dynamic playmaker from Colorado, and hope this coaching staff can figure out how to fully utilize him.
Rd 2 (#33) DT Tyleik Williams 6'2, 290lbs Ohio State Yep, another interior DLineman from Ohio State, Williams is stout against the run and can collapse the pocket.
Rd 3 (#67) DE Kyle Kennard 6'5, 250lbs South Carolina Good length combined with good motor.
Rd 3 (#94) OT Myles Hinton 6'6, 332lbs TTUN Experienced with good size.
Rd 4 (#104) RB Quinshon Judkins 6'0, 219lbs Ohio State Shared the backfield with Treveyeon Henderson last season, runs with a chip on his shoulder.
Rd 5 (#179) TE Luke Lachey 6'6, 253lbs Iowa Notice a trend? Yep, I'm going heavy Big Ten here. Lachey has Buckeye roots is yet another solid Hawkeye TE, honestly there's a good chance he'll be gone by this pick. Great size, good blocker, solid but unspectacular receiving threat. Good complement to Njoku. Time for double TE sets.
Rd 6 (#192) RB Cam Skattebo 5'10, 224lbs Arizona State Well dammit, I fought the feeling for as long as I could, but I'm on the Skat Train. With him and Judkins, the Browns will run the ball with nastiness. Skattebo can also catch the ball well and at worst would contribute on special teams.
Rd 6 (#200) CB BJ Adams 6'1, 186lbs UCF Athletic with good length, technique needs a lot of work.
Rd 7 (#216) DT Ty Hamilton 6'3, 295lbs Ohio State I know, I know. "ANOTHER BUCKEYE INTERIOR DLINEMAN?" you are screaming over your morning coffee... Well it's my mock draft and I will do whatever the hell I want! ? While Ty Williams got a lot of the pub, Hamilton did a lot of the dirty work. Williams and Hamilton together made it almost impossible to run against Ohio State last season in short yardage situations.
Rd 7 (#255) LB Cody Simon 6'2, 235lbs Ohio State Fuck yes, I did it again. Simon was another Buckeye who was overshadowed on a great defense, but I really like the kid.
Flugs was right, this was tough. Even with ten picks, it felt like I needed about five more. Still, I gave the offense two receiving options in Hunter and Lachey, rebuilt the RB room, got the OLine another OT/OG, heavily invested in the DLine, and added a couple late back seven guys with upside.
Rd 1 (#2 overall) WR/CB Travis Hunter 6'1, 186lbs Colorado I admit, I still want to trade down if possible to get ammo for next year's draft, but for this mock I'll just stay and take the dynamic playmaker from Colorado, and hope this coaching staff can figure out how to fully utilize him.
Rd 2 (#33) DT Tyleik Williams 6'2, 290lbs Ohio State Yep, another interior DLineman from Ohio State, Williams is stout against the run and can collapse the pocket.
Rd 3 (#67) DE Kyle Kennard 6'5, 250lbs South Carolina Good length combined with good motor.
Rd 3 (#94) OT Myles Hinton 6'6, 332lbs TTUN Experienced with good size.
Rd 4 (#104) RB Quinshon Judkins 6'0, 219lbs Ohio State Shared the backfield with Treveyeon Henderson last season, runs with a chip on his shoulder.
Rd 5 (#179) TE Luke Lachey 6'6, 253lbs Iowa Notice a trend? Yep, I'm going heavy Big Ten here. Lachey has Buckeye roots is yet another solid Hawkeye TE, honestly there's a good chance he'll be gone by this pick. Great size, good blocker, solid but unspectacular receiving threat. Good complement to Njoku. Time for double TE sets.
Rd 6 (#192) RB Cam Skattebo 5'10, 224lbs Arizona State Well dammit, I fought the feeling for as long as I could, but I'm on the Skat Train. With him and Judkins, the Browns will run the ball with nastiness. Skattebo can also catch the ball well and at worst would contribute on special teams.
Rd 6 (#200) CB BJ Adams 6'1, 186lbs UCF Athletic with good length, technique needs a lot of work.
Rd 7 (#216) DT Ty Hamilton 6'3, 295lbs Ohio State I know, I know. "ANOTHER BUCKEYE INTERIOR DLINEMAN?" you are screaming over your morning coffee... Well it's my mock draft and I will do whatever the hell I want! ? While Ty Williams got a lot of the pub, Hamilton did a lot of the dirty work. Williams and Hamilton together made it almost impossible to run against Ohio State last season in short yardage situations.
Rd 7 (#255) LB Cody Simon 6'2, 235lbs Ohio State Fuck yes, I did it again. Simon was another Buckeye who was overshadowed on a great defense, but I really like the kid.
Flugs was right, this was tough. Even with ten picks, it felt like I needed about five more. Still, I gave the offense two receiving options in Hunter and Lachey, rebuilt the RB room, got the OLine another OT/OG, heavily invested in the DLine, and added a couple late back seven guys with upside.
GREAT JOB Dutch! You also got a National Championship high 5ing every one of those Buckeyes choices. Like we've put in old threads, you can almost stay right in the Big 10 and ace the draft We have mutual interest in Skattebo. He reminds me so much of Purdue's Mike Alstott at his age in the sense of what he can offer an NFL passing game. This is Alstott's rookie year (below)in 1996 65 receptions. Skattebo had 45 receptions for 605 yards and 3 TD for ASU in addition to rushing for 1711 yards at 5.8 ypc and 21 TDs. I feel guilty I didn't even acknowledge Jack Sawyer as an alternative. A lot of great things this guy does - isn't measured like providing leadership by example 100% of his teammates believe it. No better example than his strip sack, recovery, and return for TD on a play Texas was lining up at Ohio State's 3 yard line. Perfect punctuation.
-
So you would take two QBs @flugel?
So you would take two QBs @flugel?
I would only do this on behalf of a team that always makes drafting a QB way more impossible than it needs to be. As you saw, the 2nd one would be as late as the 216th overall pick (our 4th of four 6th round choices). That said, I can assure you that any Ohio State fan that never wanted to see Kyle McCord throw another pass again - won't ever want to read anything else I have to say about QBs again. That said, if I didn't see a much different version of him leading Syracuse to 10 wins inclusive of a Bowl victory that had him setting single season passing records in the ACC - I wouldn't have had the grapefruits to do such a thing.
-
So you would take two QBs @flugel?
I would only do this on behalf of a team that always makes drafting a QB way more impossible than it needs to be. As you saw, the 2nd one would be as late as the 216th overall pick (our 4th of four 6th round choices). That said, I can assure you that any Ohio State fan that never wanted to see Kyle McCord throw another pass again - won't ever want to read anything else I have to say about QBs again. That said, if I didn't see a much different version of him leading Syracuse to 10 wins inclusive of a Bowl victory that had him setting single season passing records in the ACC - I wouldn't have had the grapefruits to do such a thing.
I would only do this on behalf of a team that always makes drafting a QB way more impossible than it needs to be. As you saw, the 2nd one would be as late as the 216th overall pick (our 4th of 4 round 6 choices). That said, I can assure you that any Ohio State fan that never wanted to see Kyle McCord throw another pass again - won't ever want to read anything else I have to say about QBs again. That said, if I didn't see a much different version of him leading Syracuse to 10 wins inclusive of a Bowl victory that had him setting single season passing records in the ACC - I wouldn't have had the grapefruits to do such a thing.
I actually like the McCord pick that late, I just was wondering with Flacco and Pickett already on the roster, where would you put a 4th QB?
I literally had Sawyer written down as my 3rd round pick, but thought that:
1. He probably would be gone by then
2. I knew I had some other Buckeyes in mind later in the draft and was trying to keep my Buckeye homer mock at a laughable level instead of a "You've got to be kidding me" level.
-
without any trades 2025 NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Free Trades - Pro Football Network
with trades
-
ILEI tra
9.
Tyler WarrenTE Penn State
33.
Tyleik WilliamsDT Ohio State67.
Jayden HigginsWR Iowa State94.
Kyle KennardEDGE South Carolina104.
Billy BowmanS Oklahoma179.
Jack NelsonOT Wisconsin192.
Kalel MullingsRB Michigan200.
Luke LacheyTE Iowa216.
BJ AdamsCB UCF255.
Robert LongerbeamCB RutgersI traded down to #9 and got 2026 New Orleans 1st -
without any trades 2025 NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Free Trades - Pro Football Network
with trades
without any trades 2025 NFL Mock Draft Simulator With Free Trades - Pro Football Network
with trades
Way to go JJ! We got 2 very good DBs from Colorado and 1 of them fills a huge need at Safety. Who woulda thought we'd land the other Sanders brother. Like the one with trades too getting Henderson and JT in success rounds.
-
ILEI tra
9.
Tyler WarrenTE Penn State
33.
Tyleik WilliamsDT Ohio State67.
Jayden HigginsWR Iowa State94.
Kyle KennardEDGE South Carolina104.
Billy BowmanS Oklahoma179.
Jack NelsonOT Wisconsin192.
Kalel MullingsRB Michigan200.
Luke LacheyTE Iowa216.
BJ AdamsCB UCF255.
Robert LongerbeamCB RutgersI traded down to #9 and got 2026 New Orleans 1stI traded down to #9 and got 2026 New Orleans 1st?? Well done! That looked like you had fun.
-
You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...
Round 1 2nd overall: WR/CB Travis Hunter Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...
Round 2 33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State
Round 3 67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State
Round 3 94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs
Round 4 104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse
Round 6 179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State
Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.
Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas
Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame
Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo
You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...
Round 1 2nd overall: WR/CB Travis Hunter Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...
Round 2 33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State
Round 3 67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State
Round 3 94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs
Round 4 104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse
Round 6 179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State
Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.
Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Virginia
Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame
Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo
Not too shabby.
If Trey Henderson is available with our 3rd round pick. That better be the pick. I have a suspicion that he goes much earlier than we call think. -
My Mock:
2. Travis Hunter DB/WR. Elite playmaker of both sides. Can digest a playbook from both perspectives. Packages on offense from Day 1. I park him at corner mostly though.
33. Trey Henderson RB. Speed & Weapon. Elite Pass catcher, Pass blocker, Perimeter runner. Great 3rd down back from Day 1.
67. Marcus Mbow OT/C. Purdue. Looks like a center. Second level blocking type/ athletic and position versatility.
94. Charles Grant OT William & Mary. Wrestling background, late bloomer, polished zone blocking scheme guy. Not ideal size but appears to be pretty quick and has good wingspans
104. Jordan Burch DE Oregon. Versatility Oregon lined him up everywhere. Big time recruit and Great athlete
179. Nick Nash. WR San Jose State. My sleeper pick. Converted QB. Runs good routes plays the position with the head of a QB and still developing as a WR.
192. Kurtis Rourke. QB Indiana. Tall Joe Flacco Lite. Ceiling spot starter Floor backup. Big Time player at Ohio U.
200. Ty Hamilton DT. OSU. I’ll join the crowd.
216. Justin Walley DB Minnesota. Looks like an immediate contributor on special teams.
217. Cooper Mays C Tennesee. Multi year starter at Center playing in the SEC with NFL bloodlines.
-
My Mock:
2. Travis Hunter DB/WR. Elite playmaker of both sides. Can digest a playbook from both perspectives. Packages on offense from Day 1. I park him at corner mostly though.
33. Trey Henderson RB. Speed & Weapon. Elite Pass catcher, Pass blocker, Perimeter runner. Great 3rd down back from Day 1.
67. Marcus Mbow OT/C. Purdue. Looks like a center. Second level blocking type/ athletic and position versatility.
94. Charles Grant OT William & Mary. Wrestling background, late bloomer, polished zone blocking scheme guy. Not ideal size but appears to be pretty quick and has good wingspans
104. Jordan Burch DE Oregon. Versatility Oregon lined him up everywhere. Big time recruit and Great athlete
179. Nick Nash. WR San Jose State. My sleeper pick. Converted QB. Runs good routes plays the position with the head of a QB and still developing as a WR.
192. Kurtis Rourke. QB Indiana. Tall Joe Flacco Lite. Ceiling spot starter Floor backup. Big Time player at Ohio U.
200. Ty Hamilton DT. OSU. I’ll join the crowd.
216. Justin Walley DB Minnesota. Looks like an immediate contributor on special teams.
217. Cooper Mays C Tennesee. Multi year starter at Center playing in the SEC with NFL bloodlines.
My Mock:
2. Travis Hunter DB/WR. Elite playmaker of both sides. Can digest a playbook from both perspectives. Packages on offense from Day 1. I park him at corner mostly though.
33. Trey Henderson RB. Speed & Weapon. Elite Pass catcher, Pass blocker, Perimeter runner. Great 3rd down back from Day 1.
67. Marcus Mbow OT/C. Purdue. Looks like a center. Second level blocking type/ athletic and position versatility.
94. Charles Grant OT William & Mary. Wrestling background, late bloomer, polished zone blocking scheme guy. Not ideal size but appears to be pretty quick and has good wingspans
104. Jordan Burch DE Oregon. Versatility Oregon lined him up everywhere. Big time recruit and Great athlete
179. Nick Nash. WR San Jose State. My sleeper pick. Converted QB. Runs good routes plays the position with the head of a QB and still developing as a WR.
192. Kurtis Rourke. QB Indiana. Tall Joe Flacco Lite. Ceiling spot starter Floor backup. Big Time player at Ohio U.
200. Ty Hamilton DT. OSU. I’ll join the crowd.
216. Justin Walley DB Minnesota. Looks like an immediate contributor on special teams.
217. Cooper Mays C Tennesee. Multi year starter at Center playing in the SEC with NFL bloodlines.
Wow! Great Mock Draft and nice write-ups for each choice SdBacker! Hard to beat those 1st 3 choices. Thanks for sharing that!
-
You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...
Round 1 2nd overall: WR/CB Travis Hunter Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...
Round 2 33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State
Round 3 67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State
Round 3 94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs
Round 4 104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse
Round 6 179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State
Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.
Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas
Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame
Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo
You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...
Round 1 2nd overall: WR/CB Travis Hunter Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...
Round 2 33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State
Round 3 67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State
Round 3 94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs
Round 4 104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse
Round 6 179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State
Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.
Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas
Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame
Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo
This opinion is worth what you're paying to read it.
Aireontae Ersey is the ONLY LT that, one on one, stalemated, and on some plays beat Abdul Carter during the 2024 season.
One game does not a LT make. I didn't watch any other Minnesota games so I have nothing else.
6'6" 330
2023 Second Team All Big Ten
2024 First Team All Big Ten
2024 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year
I would take him no questions asked at 33.
-
You're about to see just how unqualified I am with this stuff so each choice matching need will include alternatives also matching needs. These aren't always my favorite choices but that's usually a good thing...
Round 1 2nd overall: WR/CB Travis Hunter Colorado - alternatives: QB Shedeur Sanders Colorado, LB/Edge Abdul Carter Penn State, Anyone else and Andrew Berry enters Witness Protection but DT Mason Graham Michigan & TE Tyler Warren Penn State will start and make huge impacts THIS year...
Round 2 33rd overall: LT Aireontae Ersery Minnesota - alternatives: LT Marcus Mbow Purdue, LB Jihaad Campbell Alabama, S Xavier Watts Notre Dame, G/T Donovan Jackson Ohio State
Round 3 67th overall: QB Tyler Shough Louisville - alternatives: Edge Donovan Ezeiruaku BC (16.5sacks in 12 games 2024), RB TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State, CB Quincey Riley Louisville, S Kevin Winston Jr Penn State
Round 3 94th overall: TE Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse - alternatives: S Andrew Mukuba Texas, S Malachi Moore, Alabama, RB Kaleb Johnson Iowa, QB Jalen Milroe Alabama understanding his TD:INT ratio was 23:6 and cmp% was 65.8 with Tommy Rees as his QB Coach and OC at Alabama as recently as 2023 so he only needed to rush for 12 TDs
Round 4 104th overall: ILB Danny Stutsman Oklahoma - alternatives: RB Dylan Sampson Tennessee, RB Bhayshul Tuten Va Tech, DT Ty Hamilton Ohio State, RB LeQuint Allen, Syracuse
Round 6 179th overall: RB Cam Skattebo Arizona State
Round 6 192nd overall: S Jonas Sanker Virginia - alternatives: package this pick earlier in the draft with the next 3 for a promising selection in an earlier round.
Round 6 200th overall: CB Cobee Bryant Kansas
Round 6 216th overall: QB Kyle McCord Syracuse - alternatives: whoever is still left of these QBs: Kurtis Rourke Indiana, Will Howard Ohio State, Dillon Gabriel Oregon, Riley Leonard, Notre Dame
Round 7 255th overall: S Maxen Hook Toledo
This opinion is worth what you're paying to read it.
Aireontae Ersey is the ONLY LT that, one on one, stalemated, and on some plays beat Abdul Carter during the 2024 season.
One game does not a LT make. I didn't watch any other Minnesota games so I have nothing else.
6'6" 330
2023 Second Team All Big Ten
2024 First Team All Big Ten
2024 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year
I would take him no questions asked at 33.
This opinion is worth what you're paying to read it.
Aireontae Ersey is the ONLY LT that, one on one, stalemated, and on some plays beat Abdul Carter during the 2024 season.
One game does not a LT make. I didn't watch any other Minnesota games so I have nothing else.
6'6" 330
2023 Second Team All Big Ten
2024 First Team All Big Ten
2024 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year
I would take him no questions asked at 33.
Great stuff AP1! Thank you! I like your appreciation for this hard working guy. At that 33rd overall spot I had to resist temptations for so many good players that had great stats or awesome combines, etc. But then, there's how much I hate Pittsburgh so I want TOUGH edges. There's that 1 little video I put in a couple of posts where he drives Carter back about 5-6 yards on a running play. Just when you think he thinks Carter has had enough - here's comes a little nasty streak just to show Carter "I ain't done with you yet" and he jolts him back another 3 or 4 yards or so. It was his way of letting Carter know in the running game we're going to the echo of the whistle today. That's a damn good conference to earn the Offensive Lineman of the Year honor in.
That running play has me questioning whether it will be in Carter's best interest to play every down in a 3 point stance on the edge; or, in a 2 point stance off the line of scrimmage where his team can blitz him any time/place they want. Against the run, he would stay free of blockers in that 2 point stance. I can see this guy being another JOK (who was great at blitzing). That wouldn't have to mean they couldn't use a wrinkle where they put him in a 3 point where they deem the opponent's OL would be vulnerable. My concern for him with the 3 point stance is teams will audible to the run. On the other hand, a smaller Haason Reddick at 6-1 240 lbs in Philly had 27 sacks in 2022 through 2023. If Carter stays healthy and goes to the right DC (ie: Jim Schwartz) - I think he can be a better selection than I've been giving him credit for. Why the detour? The Browns could be drafting him so...
-
I did a mock going the Dart route with the #33 overall pick. The #33 is the most hard to predict - looks like QB or DT? Based on the Judkins/Skattebo visits we're eyeballing a RB in third round. I think we're hoping Judkins, but he may be gone at #67 and I'm not sure Skattebo makes it to #94 either.
-
-
I did a mock going the Dart route with the #33 overall pick. The #33 is the most hard to predict - looks like QB or DT? Based on the Judkins/Skattebo visits we're eyeballing a RB in third round. I think we're hoping Judkins, but he may be gone at #67 and I'm not sure Skattebo makes it to #94 either.
I did a mock going the Dart route with the #33 overall pick. The #33 is the most hard to predict - looks like QB or DT? Based on the Judkins/Skattebo visits we're eyeballing a RB in third round. I think we're hoping Judkins, but he may be gone at #67 and I'm not sure Skattebo makes it to #94 either.
I like your thinking about the running game Bernie. You'd be re-uniting 2 Ole Miss offensive teammates at #33 & #67. Let's hope we get that Oline back up to snuff or we're gonna have to change Dart's 1st name to Dodge. Looks like a good draft! In particular - I like where you landed Sawyer, Bond and Hartwig.
-
I did a mock going the Dart route with the #33 overall pick. The #33 is the most hard to predict - looks like QB or DT? Based on the Judkins/Skattebo visits we're eyeballing a RB in third round. I think we're hoping Judkins, but he may be gone at #67 and I'm not sure Skattebo makes it to #94 either.
I did a mock
I was looking at it....and thought to myself, hmmm...he drafted the Purdue Offensive Coordinator. ?
I don't see us drafting 10 players. That's 20% of a game day roster. But a high percentage of our picks are 6th and 7th rounders. It's hard to package those picks to move up to anywhere meaningful.
-
I did a mock
I was looking at it....and thought to myself, hmmm...he drafted the Purdue Offensive Coordinator. ?
I don't see us drafting 10 players. That's 20% of a game day roster. But a high percentage of our picks are 6th and 7th rounders. It's hard to package those picks to move up to anywhere meaningful.
I was looking at it....and thought to myself, hmmm...he drafted the Purdue Offensive Coordinator. ?
I don't see us drafting 10 players. That's 20% of a game day roster. But a high percentage of our picks are 6th and 7th rounders. It's hard to package those picks to move up to anywhere meaningful.
? That simulator already has Travis Hunter listed as a CB (Cleveland Brown) instead of stating the obvious as WR (Widely Respected). The question lingers, will he catch more passes from our QBs in practice as a Corner or Receiver?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login