Browns 2025 draft picks - profiles by Dane Brugler....with UDFA's
-
-
I'm really intrigued - with Harold Fannin as the TE pick ! Fannin is a bit shorter - 6'3", a bit lighter, but he is so much like Warren it's amazing.
Warren forty time 4.56
Fannin forty time 4.7
What is really cool is this:
"Fannin Jr. is having an incredible season from a production standpoint. He aligns in multiple positions for Bowling Green's offense—as the h-back, in the backfield, outside, in the slot, in bunch, and stacked sets. Fannin Jr. brings a strong pass-catching skill set to an NFL offense. He runs good routes against zone and off-man coverages. With good stems, body control, and play strength, he gets open routinely. He does a good job attacking angles and leverages against defenders, giving him cushion/playing from depth.
Fannin Jr. is a three-layer threat in the passing game, effectively impacting the game as a quick/short, intermediate, and downfield receiver.
He has displayed outstanding hands when targeted. He plucks the ball from the air with supreme confidence and plays well through contact at the catch point. Fannin Jr. has two drops on 171 targets throughout his career. He is a hassle to bring down once the football is in his possession. He is strong after the catch and can force missed tackles singled up in space with a defender.
As a blocker, Fannin Jr. is effective in both the run and passing games. He cuts off access points to the ball carrier well by using his body to wall off defenders. He possesses good and functional arm length to lock out at the point of attack. Fannin Jr. blocks well from h-back alignment on split flow concepts, in space as a lead blocker, and climbing to pick off defenders on the perimeter."
All the things he did against OSU and A&M, so he can do them against high level defenses. He was the most impressive player against us that I saw all of last year.
All the things he did against OSU and A&M, so he can do them against high level defenses. He was the most impressive player against us that I saw all of last year.
Penn State, not Ohio State.
But you are right on TexAg. He gave both high profile teams fits.
I feel pretty confident that the Browns five non-QB picks are all going to contribute for the foreseeable future.
-
Great post dipshit.
You got a problem with are new T,E ? Go fuck yourself bitch.
-
Great post dipshit.
You got a problem with are new T,E ? Go fuck yourself bitch.
-
Right back at you asshole.
so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?
-
Right back at you asshole.
so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?
so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?
Fannin !!!
I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !
A brilliant pick.
about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!
-
so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?
Fannin !!!
I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !
A brilliant pick.
about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!
Fannin !!!
I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !
A brilliant pick.
about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!
I'm just gonna come out and say it I think he's our best pick... This Schwesinger kid I find very intriguing ... Someone get that kid Clay Mathews Jr's number..
-
-
Yes, Gabriel is one of the better college QB's at getting the ball out on time. That's what Stef wants. And he seems agile enough. Sanders is slow to get the ball out...but he likes playing within the system. That's nice. But until he can get the ball out on time he'll be taking a back seat to Gabriel...no matter what his Daddy says.
-
Dylan Sampson - RB - Tennessee
Strengths
Loves to play fast and displays electricity with ball in his hands
Can turn the corner and race down sideline
Natural feel for following pullers on counter runs
Will press zone runs before using light feet to shake laterally (wears No. 6 because he models his game after Alvin Kamara)
Accelerates into second-level contact with balance to spin out of defender’s grasp
Makes sharp speed cuts and weaves to avoid getting squared up
Fights for every yard — consistently gets more than expected
High-energy personality (Tennessee coach Josh Heupel: “He’s grown into somebody who has a great voice. He’s truly a strong leader for us.”)
Nose for the paint — scored 36 touchdowns in 35 games (school record with at least one TD in 11 straight games)
Carried Vols’ offense in 2024, breaking single-season rushing touchdown record that had stood for 95 years
Weaknesses
Has some muscularity but frame is lighter than desired for the position
Not a powerful runner, inside or downhill
Adequate run patience as he searches for daylight but could use better anticipation to hit hole as it comes open
Adequate hands as receiver but will fight the ball at times (two drops on 25 targets in 2024)
More than willing in pass pro but technique and eyes need to improve
Extra fight as runner gives defenders extra chances to swipe ball (four fumbles in 2024)
Didn’t play on special teams in college and doesn’t have return experience
Missed almost all his final game against Ohio State with strained left hamstring (Dec. 2024)
A one-year starter at Tennessee, Sampson was a prolific runner in head coach Josh Heupel’s up-tempo, multiple-run scheme (exclusively one-back sets in the gun). After serving as a backup behind Jaylen Wright and Jabari Small for two seasons, he emerged as SEC Offensive Player of the Year in 2024 (averaged 131.4 rushing yards per game in SEC play), setting school-records for rushing yards (1,491) and rushing touchdowns (22) in a season.
Although it looks chaotic at times when he plays in overdrive, Sampson runs with urgent speed getting through the first wave, and his sharp lateral cuts open up the field. He isn’t powerful, but he runs with outstanding competitiveness and averaged a touchdown every 12.1 carries in college. Overall, Sampson is undersized by NFL standards and his inconsistent tempo gets him in trouble, but he is equal parts fast, physical and slippery as a runner and shows promise as a pass catcher. He can have a Tony Pollard-like impact for an NFL backfield.
Grade: 2nd–3rd Round
Dylan Sampson - RB - Tennessee
Strengths
Loves to play fast and displays electricity with ball in his hands
Can turn the corner and race down sideline
IMO, this guy puts Pierre Strong on the street.
-
so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?
Fannin !!!
I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !
A brilliant pick.
about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!
Fannin !!!
I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !
A brilliant pick.
about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!
I was lucky enough to have seen him play live when I went to the A&M-Bowling Green game in College Station last year. That play at the 3:51 mark at the start of the 3rd Q was quite impression. But so many plays he made just kept them hanging around just like he had done against Penn State. I came away thinking I had just seen the most impressive TE/WRs in quite some time. I thought this was our pick of the draft given where we picked him up. He gets open even when good teams have him identified as the only real threat on the BG team.
-
New numbers and number changes. I like 12 for Sanders. I don't like #5 for Gabriel or 10 for Judkins. I like 22 for Sampson. But I don't see that RB, Ahmani Marshall, that we signed. Is he gone already?
Rookie class
- QB Dillon Gabriel — 5
- RB Quinshon Judkins — 10
- QB Shedeur Sanders — 12
- RB Dylan Sampson — 22
- LB Carson Schwesinger — 49
- TE Harold Fannin Jr. — 88
- DT Mason Graham — 94
Veterans / Free Agents:
- CB Martin Emerson Jr. — 1
- WR DeAndre Carter — 2
- QB Kenny Pickett — 8
- CB Tony Brown II — 11
- WR Diontae Johnson — 16
- LB Jerome Baker — 17
- CB Nik Needham — 25
- K Andre Szmyt — 38
- DE Julian Okwara — 53
- OT Cornelius Lucas — 71
- G Teven Jenkins — 74
- DE Joe Tryon-Shoyinka — 90
- DT Maliek Collins — 96
-
Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?
-
Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?
Yes. It's a semi old school thing. I like single digits for kickers. Single and teens for QB's. 20's - 40's for RB's. 20's for CB's. 30's for S's, 40's - 50's for LB'ers. 50's for C's. 60's - 70's for G's & T's. 80's for WR's & TE's. 90's & 00 for DL. I would've given Gabriel #10.
-
-
There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.
-
There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.
There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.
Which is why I brag about the fact I am Texas A&M Class of '69.??
-
I know people like the fact that Graham and Garrett will be #94 and 95, but I have a feeling that when #55 becomes available, even if its next season, Graham would jump all over it.
I like 88 for Fannin.
Graham might still be 55 this season. Pocic could "sell' his number to Graham if Graham comes up with a nice enough gift offer. It's been done before.
I'd imagine NIL money would have to make those offers a bit nicer since those top players aren't entering the NFL broke.
-
Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?
Yes. It's a semi old school thing. I like single digits for kickers. Single and teens for QB's. 20's - 40's for RB's. 20's for CB's. 30's for S's, 40's - 50's for LB'ers. 50's for C's. 60's - 70's for G's & T's. 80's for WR's & TE's. 90's & 00 for DL. I would've given Gabriel #10.
Yes. It's a semi old school thing. I like single digits for kickers. Single and teens for QB's. 20's - 40's for RB's. 20's for CB's. 30's for S's, 40's - 50's for LB'ers. 50's for C's. 60's - 70's for G's & T's. 80's for WR's & TE's. 90's & 00 for DL. I would've given Gabriel #10.
A nice answer. At least it makes some sense. I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size and teams started to venture away from having fairly strict ideas on how many players you needed to carry at each position.
Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there, sticking to that numbering system might me impossible for many teams.
"Sorry young man, we think you are a great player, but we have to cut you because we don't have a number that fits your position".
-
Yes. It's a semi old school thing. I like single digits for kickers. Single and teens for QB's. 20's - 40's for RB's. 20's for CB's. 30's for S's, 40's - 50's for LB'ers. 50's for C's. 60's - 70's for G's & T's. 80's for WR's & TE's. 90's & 00 for DL. I would've given Gabriel #10.
A nice answer. At least it makes some sense. I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size and teams started to venture away from having fairly strict ideas on how many players you needed to carry at each position.
Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there, sticking to that numbering system might me impossible for many teams.
"Sorry young man, we think you are a great player, but we have to cut you because we don't have a number that fits your position".
I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size.....
Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there,
That about covers the reasons. So now we have a DB wearing #1 and a WR wearing Kosar's number.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login