Skip to content

Browns 2025 draft picks - profiles by Dane Brugler....with UDFA's

The Browns Board
47 11 1.3k 1
  • sydS syd

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Right back at you asshole.

    so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @syd said:

    so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?

    Fannin !!!

    I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !

    A brilliant pick.

    about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bowling-green-te-harold-fannin-jr-every-2024-target-touch/vi-AA1DyoAO

  • @syd said:

    so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?

    Fannin !!!

    I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !

    A brilliant pick.

    about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bowling-green-te-harold-fannin-jr-every-2024-target-touch/vi-AA1DyoAO

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @calfoxwc said:

    Fannin !!!

    I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !

    A brilliant pick.

    about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bowling-green-te-harold-fannin-jr-every-2024-target-touch/vi-AA1DyoAO

    I'm just gonna come out and say it I think he's our best pick... This Schwesinger kid I find very intriguing ... Someone get that kid Clay Mathews Jr's number..

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #28

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Yes, Gabriel is one of the better college QB's at getting the ball out on time.Ā  That's what Stef wants.Ā  And he seems agile enough.Ā  Sanders is slow to get the ball out...but he likes playing within the system.Ā  That's nice.Ā  But until he can get the ball out on time he'll be taking a back seat to Gabriel...no matter what his Daddy says.

  • Dylan Sampson - RB - TennesseeĀ 

    Strengths

    Loves to play fast and displays electricity with ball in his hands

    Can turn the corner and race down sideline

    Natural feel for following pullers on counter runs

    Will press zone runs before using light feet to shake laterally (wears No. 6 because he models his game after Alvin Kamara)

    Accelerates into second-level contact with balance to spin out of defender’s grasp

    Makes sharp speed cuts and weaves to avoid getting squared up

    Fights for every yard — consistently gets more than expected

    High-energy personality (Tennessee coach Josh Heupel: ā€œHe’s grown into somebody who has a great voice. He’s truly a strong leader for us.ā€)

    Nose for the paint — scored 36 touchdowns in 35 games (school record with at least one TD in 11 straight games)

    Carried Vols’ offense in 2024, breaking single-season rushing touchdown record that had stood for 95 years

    Weaknesses

    Has some muscularity but frame is lighter than desired for the position

    Not a powerful runner, inside or downhill

    Adequate run patience as he searches for daylight but could use better anticipation to hit hole as it comes open

    Adequate hands as receiver but will fight the ball at times (two drops on 25 targets in 2024)

    More than willing in pass pro but technique and eyes need to improve

    Extra fight as runner gives defenders extra chances to swipe ball (four fumbles in 2024)

    Didn’t play on special teams in college and doesn’t have return experience

    Missed almost all his final game against Ohio State with strained left hamstring (Dec. 2024)

    A one-year starter at Tennessee, Sampson was a prolific runner in head coach Josh Heupel’s up-tempo, multiple-run scheme (exclusively one-back sets in the gun). After serving as a backup behind Jaylen Wright and Jabari Small for two seasons, he emerged as SEC Offensive Player of the Year in 2024 (averaged 131.4 rushing yards per game in SEC play), setting school-records for rushing yards (1,491) and rushing touchdowns (22) in aĀ season.

    Although it looks chaotic at times when he plays in overdrive, Sampson runs with urgent speed getting through the first wave, and his sharp lateral cuts open up the field. He isn’t powerful, but he runs with outstanding competitiveness and averaged a touchdown every 12.1 carries in college. Overall, Sampson is undersized by NFL standards and his inconsistent tempo gets him in trouble, but he is equal parts fast, physical and slippery as a runner and shows promise as a pass catcher. He can have a Tony Pollard-like impact for an NFLĀ backfield.

    Grade: 2nd–3rd Round

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @londonbrown said:

    Dylan Sampson - RB - TennesseeĀ 

    Strengths

    Loves to play fast and displays electricity with ball in his hands

    Can turn the corner and race down sideline

    IMO, this guy puts Pierre Strong on the street.

  • @syd said:

    so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?

    Fannin !!!

    I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !

    A brilliant pick.

    about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bowling-green-te-harold-fannin-jr-every-2024-target-touch/vi-AA1DyoAO

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #31

    @calfoxwc said:

    Fannin !!!

    I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !

    A brilliant pick.

    about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bowling-green-te-harold-fannin-jr-every-2024-target-touch/vi-AA1DyoAO

    I was lucky enough to have seen him play live when I went to the A&M-Bowling Green game in College Station last year. That play at the 3:51 mark at the start of the 3rd Q was quite impression. But so many plays he made just kept them hanging around just like he had done against Penn State. I came away thinking I had just seen the most impressive TE/WRs in quite some time. I thought this was our pick of the draft given where we picked him up. He gets open even when good teams have him identified as the only real threat on the BG team.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #32

    New numbers and number changes.Ā  I like 12 for Sanders.Ā  I don't like #5 for Gabriel or 10 for Judkins.Ā  I like 22 for Sampson.Ā  But I don't see that RB, Ahmani Marshall, that we signed.Ā  Is he gone already?Ā Ā 

    Rookie class

    • QB Dillon Gabriel — 5
    • RB Quinshon Judkins — 10
    • QB Shedeur Sanders — 12
    • RB Dylan Sampson — 22
    • LB Carson Schwesinger — 49
    • TE Harold Fannin Jr. — 88
    • DT Mason Graham — 94

    Veterans / Free Agents:

    • CB Martin Emerson Jr. — 1
    • WR DeAndre Carter — 2
    • QB Kenny Pickett — 8
    • CB Tony Brown II — 11
    • WR Diontae Johnson — 16
    • LB Jerome Baker — 17
    • CB Nik Needham — 25
    • K Andre Szmyt — 38
    • DE Julian Okwara — 53
    • OT Cornelius Lucas — 71
    • G Teven Jenkins — 74
    • DE Joe Tryon-Shoyinka — 90
    • DT Maliek Collins — 96
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

  • Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    Yes.Ā  It's a semi old school thing.Ā  I like single digits for kickers.Ā  Single and teens for QB's.Ā  20's - 40's for RB's.Ā  20's for CB's.Ā  30's for S's,Ā  40's - 50's for LB'ers.Ā  50's for C's.Ā  60's - 70's for G's & T's.Ā  80's for WR's & TE's.Ā  90's & 00 for DL.Ā  I would've given Gabriel #10.

  • Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    I know people like the fact that Graham and Garrett will be #94 and 95, but I have a feeling that when #55 becomes available, even if its next season, Graham would jump all over it.Ā 

    I like 88 for Fannin.Ā 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #36

    There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.

  • There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @ibleedbrown said:

    There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.

    Which is why I brag about the fact I am Texas A&M Class of '69.??

  • @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    I know people like the fact that Graham and Garrett will be #94 and 95, but I have a feeling that when #55 becomes available, even if its next season, Graham would jump all over it.Ā 

    I like 88 for Fannin.Ā 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know people like the fact that Graham and Garrett will be #94 and 95, but I have a feeling that when #55 becomes available, even if its next season, Graham would jump all over it.Ā 

    I like 88 for Fannin.Ā 

    Graham might still be 55 this season.Ā  Pocic could "sell' his number to Graham if Graham comes up with a nice enough gift offer.Ā  It's been done before.

    I'd imagine NIL money would have to make those offers a bit nicer since thoseĀ  top players aren't entering the NFL broke.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    Yes.Ā  It's a semi old school thing.Ā  I like single digits for kickers.Ā  Single and teens for QB's.Ā  20's - 40's for RB's.Ā  20's for CB's.Ā  30's for S's,Ā  40's - 50's for LB'ers.Ā  50's for C's.Ā  60's - 70's for G's & T's.Ā  80's for WR's & TE's.Ā  90's & 00 for DL.Ā  I would've given Gabriel #10.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @orion said:

    Yes.Ā  It's a semi old school thing.Ā  I like single digits for kickers.Ā  Single and teens for QB's.Ā  20's - 40's for RB's.Ā  20's for CB's.Ā  30's for S's,Ā  40's - 50's for LB'ers.Ā  50's for C's.Ā  60's - 70's for G's & T's.Ā  80's for WR's & TE's.Ā  90's & 00 for DL.Ā  I would've given Gabriel #10.

    A nice answer.Ā  At least it makes some sense.Ā  I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size and teams started to venture away from having fairly strict ideas on how many players you needed to carry at each position.

    Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there, sticking to that numbering system might me impossible for many teams.

    "Sorry young man, we think you are a great player, but we have to cut you because we don't have a number that fits your position".

  • @orion said:

    Yes.Ā  It's a semi old school thing.Ā  I like single digits for kickers.Ā  Single and teens for QB's.Ā  20's - 40's for RB's.Ā  20's for CB's.Ā  30's for S's,Ā  40's - 50's for LB'ers.Ā  50's for C's.Ā  60's - 70's for G's & T's.Ā  80's for WR's & TE's.Ā  90's & 00 for DL.Ā  I would've given Gabriel #10.

    A nice answer.Ā  At least it makes some sense.Ā  I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size and teams started to venture away from having fairly strict ideas on how many players you needed to carry at each position.

    Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there, sticking to that numbering system might me impossible for many teams.

    "Sorry young man, we think you are a great player, but we have to cut you because we don't have a number that fits your position".

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size.....

    Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there,

    That about covers the reasons.Ā  So now we have a DB wearing #1 and a WR wearing Kosar's number.Ā Ā 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #41

    It is what it is.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #42

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #43

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #44

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #45