Skip to content

Browns 2025 draft picks - profiles by Dane Brugler....with UDFA's

The Browns Board
47 11 1.3k 1
  • @syd said:

    so tough guy I asked you a question, What is your problem with Fannin ?

    Fannin !!!

    I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !

    A brilliant pick.

    about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bowling-green-te-harold-fannin-jr-every-2024-target-touch/vi-AA1DyoAO

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #31

    @calfoxwc said:

    Fannin !!!

    I was all intrigued with Tyler Warren, and Fannin is so similar to him !

    A brilliant pick.

    about 1:32 - Fannin even throws a nice throw for a completion. He LOVES THE GAME !!!

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bowling-green-te-harold-fannin-jr-every-2024-target-touch/vi-AA1DyoAO

    I was lucky enough to have seen him play live when I went to the A&M-Bowling Green game in College Station last year. That play at the 3:51 mark at the start of the 3rd Q was quite impression. But so many plays he made just kept them hanging around just like he had done against Penn State. I came away thinking I had just seen the most impressive TE/WRs in quite some time. I thought this was our pick of the draft given where we picked him up. He gets open even when good teams have him identified as the only real threat on the BG team.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #32

    New numbers and number changes.  I like 12 for Sanders.  I don't like #5 for Gabriel or 10 for Judkins.  I like 22 for Sampson.  But I don't see that RB, Ahmani Marshall, that we signed.  Is he gone already?  

    Rookie class

    • QB Dillon Gabriel — 5
    • RB Quinshon Judkins — 10
    • QB Shedeur Sanders — 12
    • RB Dylan Sampson — 22
    • LB Carson Schwesinger — 49
    • TE Harold Fannin Jr. — 88
    • DT Mason Graham — 94

    Veterans / Free Agents:

    • CB Martin Emerson Jr. — 1
    • WR DeAndre Carter — 2
    • QB Kenny Pickett — 8
    • CB Tony Brown II — 11
    • WR Diontae Johnson — 16
    • LB Jerome Baker — 17
    • CB Nik Needham — 25
    • K Andre Szmyt — 38
    • DE Julian Okwara — 53
    • OT Cornelius Lucas — 71
    • G Teven Jenkins — 74
    • DE Joe Tryon-Shoyinka — 90
    • DT Maliek Collins — 96
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

  • Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    Yes.  It's a semi old school thing.  I like single digits for kickers.  Single and teens for QB's.  20's - 40's for RB's.  20's for CB's.  30's for S's,  40's - 50's for LB'ers.  50's for C's.  60's - 70's for G's & T's.  80's for WR's & TE's.  90's & 00 for DL.  I would've given Gabriel #10.

  • Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    I know people like the fact that Graham and Garrett will be #94 and 95, but I have a feeling that when #55 becomes available, even if its next season, Graham would jump all over it. 

    I like 88 for Fannin. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #36

    There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.

  • There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @ibleedbrown said:

    There’s really one number l’d want if l was a football player, and that’s obviously 69.

    Which is why I brag about the fact I am Texas A&M Class of '69.??

  • @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    I know people like the fact that Graham and Garrett will be #94 and 95, but I have a feeling that when #55 becomes available, even if its next season, Graham would jump all over it. 

    I like 88 for Fannin. 

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know people like the fact that Graham and Garrett will be #94 and 95, but I have a feeling that when #55 becomes available, even if its next season, Graham would jump all over it. 

    I like 88 for Fannin. 

    Graham might still be 55 this season.  Pocic could "sell' his number to Graham if Graham comes up with a nice enough gift offer.  It's been done before.

    I'd imagine NIL money would have to make those offers a bit nicer since those  top players aren't entering the NFL broke.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Is there a reason you like or dislike various numbers assigned to players?

    Yes.  It's a semi old school thing.  I like single digits for kickers.  Single and teens for QB's.  20's - 40's for RB's.  20's for CB's.  30's for S's,  40's - 50's for LB'ers.  50's for C's.  60's - 70's for G's & T's.  80's for WR's & TE's.  90's & 00 for DL.  I would've given Gabriel #10.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @orion said:

    Yes.  It's a semi old school thing.  I like single digits for kickers.  Single and teens for QB's.  20's - 40's for RB's.  20's for CB's.  30's for S's,  40's - 50's for LB'ers.  50's for C's.  60's - 70's for G's & T's.  80's for WR's & TE's.  90's & 00 for DL.  I would've given Gabriel #10.

    A nice answer.  At least it makes some sense.  I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size and teams started to venture away from having fairly strict ideas on how many players you needed to carry at each position.

    Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there, sticking to that numbering system might me impossible for many teams.

    "Sorry young man, we think you are a great player, but we have to cut you because we don't have a number that fits your position".

  • @orion said:

    Yes.  It's a semi old school thing.  I like single digits for kickers.  Single and teens for QB's.  20's - 40's for RB's.  20's for CB's.  30's for S's,  40's - 50's for LB'ers.  50's for C's.  60's - 70's for G's & T's.  80's for WR's & TE's.  90's & 00 for DL.  I would've given Gabriel #10.

    A nice answer.  At least it makes some sense.  I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size and teams started to venture away from having fairly strict ideas on how many players you needed to carry at each position.

    Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there, sticking to that numbering system might me impossible for many teams.

    "Sorry young man, we think you are a great player, but we have to cut you because we don't have a number that fits your position".

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know when that system was dumped, probably once rosters started to change in size.....

    Today with 53 man rosters and up to 16 more players on a practice squad, and a few retired jerseys here and there,

    That about covers the reasons.  So now we have a DB wearing #1 and a WR wearing Kosar's number.  

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #41

    It is what it is.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #42

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #43

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #44

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #45

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #46

  • sydS syd

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @syd said:

    I like him  ?