What to do at 33?
-
I hope not. It's a wasted pick if they intend to spend two 1st rounders for one next year.
I agree. You got the first rounder next year to go balls to the wall for a QB in what has to be a better QB class.
I really wanted Josh Simmons to fall one more damn spot.
But the OTackle kid from Minnesota is still there, as is Treveyeon Henderson. I got to think something bad is coming up on Will Johnson's medical report.
-
QB Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss
RB Treveyon Henderson, Ohio State
RB Omarion Hamption, North Carolina
WR Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
OT Aireontae Ersery, Minnesota
DE Landon Jackson, Arkansas
DT Tyleik Williams, Ohio State
ILB Jihaad Campbell, Alabama
CB Benjamin Morrison, Notre Dame
S Xavier Watts, Notre DameThis was the list of ten players I thought might be available for the Browns at #33 that I made a little while ago. The players in bold have been drafted, leaving five still available.
-
What is the story with Mike Green? Is he too big a reach?
-
Pretty sure it will be a QB at 33
This FO and HC won’t be around next year if they go into the season with the QB room as it currently is
-
Idk what came up in his medical, idk why he fell, but Will Johnson seems like a steal at 33. Dude was projected top 10 not long ago. Homer pick, I know, but it makes sense
Idk what came up in his medical, idk why he fell, but Will Johnson seems like a steal at 33. Dude was projected top 10 not long ago. Homer pick, I know, but it makes sense
Now that last season is over - he's great kid now! Nothing is wrong with him - he's a great idea Woody. The Browns have this new thinking of drafting Ohio State & Michigan guys like pairing Michael Hall Jr to team up with Mason Graham on the IDL. They recently drafted former Buckeye C Luke Wypler (IR last year) to eventually play next to Michigan OG Zak Zinter in the near future - who may some day also play next to Ohio State T Dawand Jones (if he can ever get his weight down).
Last but not least, drafting Michigan CB Will Johnson to team up with former Buckeye CB Denzel Ward at the back end is a great idea.
-
Emmanwori, then Henderson or Higgins at 36.
Will likely be a QB first. But Ennanawori would be an interesting pick at #36 (provides he makes it there)
Will likely be a QB first. But Ennanawori would be an interesting pick at #36 (provides he makes it there)
Right now, we only have 1 starting Safety (and even that's getting debatable as much as I like Delpit's effort/hustle his miscommunication and mental errors aren't going away). This is BPA matching need.
You and I had nice chat about Emmanwori a few weeks ago. Love his size and adore his speed. At 6'3" 227 lbs - are we possibly seeing a next generation pedigree of Steve Atwater here?
The GOOD thing is we'll have a lot of great players/prospects landing on our 33rd and 36th slots.
There's still a couple LTs this franchise could really use for whatever QB we suit up. Washington drafted a Tackle in the 1st round after making a HUGE commitment to Laremy Tunsil in FA. We signed the Tackle they felt they needed to upgrade for THEIR QB...
-
Emmanwori, then Henderson or Higgins at 36.
Emmanwori, then Henderson or Higgins at 36.
Very good ideas if they don't go QB. That said - they can still get one of them at 36...
-
I like the potential of Johnson at 33 and Emmanwori at 36.
RB class is very deep and a good one will fall to that top of rd3 pick. QB class next year will be much better.
-
OT Ersery at 33, S Emmanwori at 36 if he is still there. If not, maybe one of the RB's.
There is going to be a run on runningbacks at some point. Maybe we start the run which will help our 3rd round.
Something tells me that we aren't looking at a QB unless it is a 5th round type guy....maybe a McCord type. I also have this thought that maybe we swap a 5th for Levis. Obviously the Titans have given up on the guy after 2 seasons which is probably a little too soon. A QB room of Flacco, Pickett, and Levis doesn't sound all that bad to me.
-
What is the story with Mike Green? Is he too big a reach?
Not at all Al - Mike Green the type of player that will fall to the Ravens. In just 13 games he had 17 sacks and 22.5 tackles for a loss last year (1 of those sacks was against Ohio State). Did you see Ozzie was still in their draft room last night looking all professional in his blue and white checkered shirt 4-5 years after the alleged retirement. You can tell he's still helping his replacement big-time.
-
OT Ersery at 33, S Emmanwori at 36 if he is still there. If not, maybe one of the RB's.
There is going to be a run on runningbacks at some point. Maybe we start the run which will help our 3rd round.
Something tells me that we aren't looking at a QB unless it is a 5th round type guy....maybe a McCord type. I also have this thought that maybe we swap a 5th for Levis. Obviously the Titans have given up on the guy after 2 seasons which is probably a little too soon. A QB room of Flacco, Pickett, and Levis doesn't sound all that bad to me.
OT Ersery at 33, S Emmanwori at 36 if he is still there. If not, maybe one of the RB's.
There is going to be a run on runningbacks at some point. Maybe we start the run which will help our 3rd round.
Something tells me that we aren't looking at a QB unless it is a 5th round type guy....maybe a McCord type. I also have this thought that maybe we swap a 5th for Levis. Obviously the Titans have given up on the guy after 2 seasons which is probably a little too soon. A QB room of Flacco, Pickett, and Levis doesn't sound all that bad to me.
I was just going to remind people there's 2 potential immediate starters at LT IMO - Minnesota's Aireontae Ersery (whom I've been posting about) and Purdue's Marcus Mbow. WHY wait on this? Says the guy who likes a lot of the ideas/suggestions I'm seeing.
I know a lot people want guys that can score points or sack QBs; but a lot of the QBs left aren't the quickest processors which only increases the need for reliable protection on the edges TODAY. Shedeur gets sacked a lot in spite of having a weapon like Hunter. Some of that is patience and some of that a need to speed read fast enough to get the ball to his second or tertiary targets on time. Best guess - this is why he's still available.
I put some RBs on my post yesterday Flugel Favorite less talked about... RB is deep...
-
As much as I hope they focus heavily on offense, there's exceptional value on the defensive side of the ball going into day two. WIll Johnson, Emmanwori, and even someone like Mike Green all could be day one impact players who are for sure first round talents that slipped. A combo of one of those guys + Henderson would be a great 1/2 this evening.
With all that being said, the only way they don't go QB with 33 or 36 is if both Stefanski and the FO have been given a strong vote of confidence that it's okay for 2025 to be a wash year and jobs aren't on the line. It blows, but it makes logical sense. If Sanders is called tonight though, I won't cry into my beer. There's enough there to roll the dice now, IMO. I also think there's a little too much worry that taking him (or another QB) in the 2nd round automatically means next year isn't a QB. If they draft Sanders, we suck and he sucks, just take the top dude next year and get some value back. It's definitely the nature of the NFL now.
-
The RB class is deep enough that, even though I love Hendo, he's a no-go from me. You have talents at DB and OL that can be had early. Leave RB to late 3rd.
-
Idk what came up in his medical, idk why he fell, but Will Johnson seems like a steal at 33. Dude was projected top 10 not long ago. Homer pick, I know, but it makes sense
Now that last season is over - he's great kid now! Nothing is wrong with him - he's a great idea Woody. The Browns have this new thinking of drafting Ohio State & Michigan guys like pairing Michael Hall Jr to team up with Mason Graham on the IDL. They recently drafted former Buckeye C Luke Wypler (IR last year) to eventually play next to Michigan OG Zak Zinter in the near future - who may some day also play next to Ohio State T Dawand Jones (if he can ever get his weight down).
Last but not least, drafting Michigan CB Will Johnson to team up with former Buckeye CB Denzel Ward at the back end is a great idea.
Now that last season is over - he's great kid now! Nothing is wrong with him - he's a great idea Woody. The Browns have this new thinking of drafting Ohio State & Michigan guys like pairing Michael Hall Jr to team up with Mason Graham on the IDL. They recently drafted former Buckeye C Luke Wypler (IR last year) to eventually play next to Michigan OG Zak Zinter in the near future - who may some day also play next to Ohio State T Dawand Jones (if he can ever get his weight down).
Last but not least, drafting Michigan CB Will Johnson to team up with former Buckeye CB Denzel Ward at the back end is a great idea.
Something is definitely "wrong" with him right now. You don't got from top 10 to out of the first just by watching tape. Considering the injury he suffered last season, and then something to keep him out of the pro day / combine process, my guess is medical. I wonder if there's surgery needed or something that will keep him out for a bit.
Regardless, it seems like good value at this point for the risk
-
The RB class is deep enough that, even though I love Hendo, he's a no-go from me. You have talents at DB and OL that can be had early. Leave RB to late 3rd.
The RB class is deep enough that, even though I love Hendo, he's a no-go from me. You have talents at DB and OL that can be had early. Leave RB to late 3rd.
Agreed. I feel like we've all seen enough the last decade to know you can get RB late. Unless there's truly a generational talent
-
Honestly, they could also trade back again. Teams have to be interested in snagging a QB here, and we'll let them leapfrog everyone. Plus we're still at 36
-
The RB class is deep enough that, even though I love Hendo, he's a no-go from me. You have talents at DB and OL that can be had early. Leave RB to late 3rd.
The RB class is deep enough that, even though I love Hendo, he's a no-go from me. You have talents at DB and OL that can be had early. Leave RB to late 3rd.
I hear you, but Henderson to me really sticks out above the crowd. Assuming we can get Chubb back for one year deal, Henderson fits really closely to get some skills under his belt to potentially have our new Chubb for the next 5-6 years. This team needs offensive playmakers, and I think Henderson is the cream of the crop of guys remaining. I'll openly admit though I'm not in the weeds on this stuff anymore outside the top 50 or so dudes.
Agreed. I feel like we've all seen enough the last decade to know you can get RB late. Unless there's truly a generational talent
I'd challenge this notion a little bit. I'll be the first to concede a good bit in what I'm about to say, but: all 6 of the top rushers this year by rush yards were picked 45th or earlier. Might be a coincidence, but I think there's evidence that taking a RB in the first two rounds pays off.
-
Honestly, they could also trade back again. Teams have to be interested in snagging a QB here, and we'll let them leapfrog everyone. Plus we're still at 36
Honestly, they could also trade back again. Teams have to be interested in snagging a QB here, and we'll let them leapfrog everyone. Plus we're still at 36
for some reason I am thinking the raiders to swap picks with, Do they have a 3rd we could get ?
-
Round 2
33. Cleveland Browns
34. Houston Texans (from Giants)
35. Tennessee Titans
36. Cleveland Browns (from Jaguars)
37. Las Vegas Raiders
38. New England Patriots
39. Chicago Bears (from Panthers)
40. New Orleans Saints
41. Chicago Bears
42. New York Jets
43. San Francisco 49ers
44. Dallas Cowboys
45. Indianapolis Colts
46. Los Angeles Rams (from Falcons)
47. Arizona Cardinals
48. Miami Dolphins
49. Cincinnati Bengals
50. Seattle Seahawks
51. Denver Broncos
52. Seattle Seahawks (from Steelers)
53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
54. Green Bay Packers
55. Los Angeles Chargers
56. Buffalo Bills (from Vikings through Texans)
57. Carolina Panthers (from Rams)
58. Houston Texans
59. Baltimore Ravens
60. Detroit Lions
61. Washington Commanders
62. Buffalo Bills
63. Kansas City Chiefs
64. Philadelphia EaglesRound 3
65. New York Giants
66. Kansas City Chiefs (from Titans)
67. Cleveland Browns
68. Las Vegas Raiders
69. New England Patriots
70. Jacksonville Jaguars
71. New Orleans Saints
72. Chicago Bears
73. New York Jets
74. Carolina Panthers
75. San Francisco 49ers
76. Dallas Cowboys
77. New England Patriots (from Falcons)
78. Arizona Cardinals
79. Houston Texans (from Dolphins through Eagles and Commanders)
80. Indianapolis Colts
81. Cincinnati Bengals
82. Seattle Seahawks
83. Pittsburgh Steelers
84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
85. Denver Broncos
86. Los Angeles Chargers
87. Green Bay Packers
88. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Vikings)
89. Houston Texans
90. Los Angeles Rams
91. Baltimore Ravens
92. Seattle Seahawks (from Lions through Jets and Raiders)
93. New Orleans Saints (from Commanders)
94. Cleveland Browns (from Bills)
95. Kansas City Chiefs
96. Philadelphia Eagles
97. Minnesota Vikings (compensatory selection)
98. Miami Dolphins (compensatory selection)
99. Houston Texans (compensatory selection from Giants)
100. San Francisco 49ers (special compensatory selection)
101. Atlanta Falcons (special compensatory selection from Rams)
102. Detroit Lions (special compensatory selection)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login