Skip to content

UDFA...the 2nd draft

The Browns Board
15 9 449 1
  • I like that we signed a CB named Dom Jones. It’s not unusual to sign a guy with that name. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I like that we signed a CB named Dom Jones. It’s not unusual to sign a guy with that name. 

    Am I the only one that got the subtle reference to Tom Jones' "It's not unusual" song??

  • Dub Jones maybe?

    I am an old guy....I remember Dub Jones

    @ballpeen said:

    Dub Jones maybe?

    I am an old guy....I remember Dub Jones

    Who is Bert Jones's father incidentally

  • Dub Jones maybe?

    I am an old guy....I remember Dub Jones

    @ballpeen said:

    Dub Jones maybe?

    I am an old guy....I remember Dub Jones

    Six touchdowns vs the Bears in a game at Wrigley Field, 1951. 

  • I was wanting them to get an offensive lineman.

    Dartanyan Tinsley caught my eye. I think he will stick around, no doubt.

    https://www.owensborotimes.com/news/2025/04/owensboros-tinsley-signs-with-cleveland-browns-after-nfl-draft/

    *******************

    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2025/04/25/2025-nfl-draft-cincinnati-bearcats-probably-destined-for-day-3/83216536007/

    "

    Cincinnati Bearcats guard Dartanyan Tinsley

    Tinsley, at 6-foot-4 and 340 pounds, is not expected to be drafted, but the word has gotten out. He participated in the Bengals workout for local college players and has turned heads with his measurements. Tinsley's wingspan is 84" (7 feet), his arms are 34" and like Williams he has 11" hands (Tinsley was not invited to the NFL Combine)."

  • I like that we signed a CB named Dom Jones. It’s not unusual to sign a guy with that name. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I like that we signed a CB

    Berry always drafts a CB...so being that he didn't this time, these two are his fix.  

    A couple of OLinemen as expected.  Needed a Safety.  Wasn't expecting a RB.  TE, why not...

    Keep 'em coming...

  • A little blurb in an article from the Athletic, one of those “UDFA to keep an eye on for each team” type articles.

    Cleveland Browns: Donovan McMillon, S, Pittsburgh

    Another big safety, McMillon (6-2, 203) played both safety spots and in the slot the last two years for Pitt, after spending time at Florida. He ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash with a 35-inch vertical and 10 foot, 5 inch broad jump. An aggressive coverage player, McMillon broke up five passes and forced six incompletions last year.

  • A little blurb in an article from the Athletic, one of those “UDFA to keep an eye on for each team” type articles.

    Cleveland Browns: Donovan McMillon, S, Pittsburgh

    Another big safety, McMillon (6-2, 203) played both safety spots and in the slot the last two years for Pitt, after spending time at Florida. He ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash with a 35-inch vertical and 10 foot, 5 inch broad jump. An aggressive coverage player, McMillon broke up five passes and forced six incompletions last year.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    A little blurb in an article from the Athletic, one of those “UDFA to keep an eye on for each team” type articles.

    Cleveland Browns: Donovan McMillon, S, Pittsburgh

    Another big safety, McMillon (6-2, 203) played both safety spots and in the slot the last two years for Pitt, after spending time at Florida. He ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash with a 35-inch vertical and 10 foot, 5 inch broad jump. An aggressive coverage player, McMillon broke up five passes and forced six incompletions last year.

    Faster than our current safeties I think and certainly versatile. I bet he sticks with the 53. We needed safety help but didn't draft one.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    A little blurb in an article from the Athletic, one of those “UDFA to keep an eye on for each team” type articles.

    Cleveland Browns: Donovan McMillon, S, Pittsburgh

    Another big safety, McMillon (6-2, 203) played both safety spots and in the slot the last two years for Pitt, after spending time at Florida. He ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash with a 35-inch vertical and 10 foot, 5 inch broad jump. An aggressive coverage player, McMillon broke up five passes and forced six incompletions last year.

    Faster than our current safeties I think and certainly versatile. I bet he sticks with the 53. We needed safety help but didn't draft one.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Faster than our current safeties I think and certainly versatile. I bet he sticks with the 53. We needed safety help but didn't draft one.

    agreed,our safety room is pretty thin and if they had used my mock draft I addressed the safety position and LT and i also drafted two RB'S  just different one's 

  • A little blurb in an article from the Athletic, one of those “UDFA to keep an eye on for each team” type articles.

    Cleveland Browns: Donovan McMillon, S, Pittsburgh

    Another big safety, McMillon (6-2, 203) played both safety spots and in the slot the last two years for Pitt, after spending time at Florida. He ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash with a 35-inch vertical and 10 foot, 5 inch broad jump. An aggressive coverage player, McMillon broke up five passes and forced six incompletions last year.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    A little blurb in an article from the Athletic, one of those “UDFA to keep an eye on for each team” type articles.

    Cleveland Browns: Donovan McMillon, S, Pittsburgh

    Another big safety, McMillon (6-2, 203) played both safety spots and in the slot the last two years for Pitt, after spending time at Florida. He ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash with a 35-inch vertical and 10 foot, 5 inch broad jump. An aggressive coverage player, McMillon broke up five passes and forced six incompletions last year.

    Best part about this kid is that he played under Pat Narduzi and I'm incredibly versed in his defense(s).  Looking forward to finding all the film I can and deconstructing this kid.  The athletic profile is there, so why did he only have 1 INT in two seasons as a starter?   The only coming on a tip drill.  

  • I'm intrigued - the even the players who were not drafted - are also ones that LOVE the game. DL Adin Huntington is one of them.

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2025/05/06/browns-adin-huntington-interview/83425806007/

    BROWNS

    Interview with Browns UDFA DL Adin Huntington

  • I'm intrigued - the even the players who were not drafted - are also ones that LOVE the game. DL Adin Huntington is one of them.

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2025/05/06/browns-adin-huntington-interview/83425806007/

    BROWNS

    Interview with Browns UDFA DL Adin Huntington

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm intrigued - the even the players who were not drafted - are also ones that LOVE the game. DL Adin Huntington is one of them.

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2025/05/06/browns-adin-huntington-interview/83425806007/

    BROWNS

    Interview with Browns UDFA DL Adin Huntington

    He'll get a good chance to play for us since DL was where we needed a lot of help. And Myles will make a warrior out of him in time. I like his 40 times along with his athletic score too.