Skip to content

WR Diontae Johnson signs with the Browns

The Browns Board
13 9 323 1
  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #1
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    #Browns agree to terms on a 1-year deal with Pro Bowl receiver Diontae Johnson, and leave the door open for free agent WR Elijah Moore's return after not drafting any receivers ---> cleveland.com/browns/2025/04…
  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    One year deal. I like it. So we'll have:

    • QB - Flacco, Gabriel, Sanders, Pickett (one gets traded/cut before Week 1)
    • Jeudy, Tillman, Johnson as our top 3 receivers
    • Njoku, Fannin Jr. as our TE's
    • Judkins, Sampson, Ford at RB

    We definitely have more fun shiny toys than last year. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I saw the news that the Browns used the “unrestricted free agent” tender on Moore.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/article/bills-host-wr-elijah-moore-002135367.html

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Johnson is a head case.  He was on the Ravens to end last season. Refused to go in a game they were losing to the Eagles and got cut. I think he was on 3 teams last year. 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    This is an odd signing. Sure, he has skills but it seems his attitude stinks. That's why Tomlin got rid of him.

    Time will tell I suppose.

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I'm fine with it because it's a one year deal. If he has an attitude we can cut him. If he pans out we have a talented slot receiver. Due to our salary cap situation we have to make some dice rolls and this is one. 

  • Johnson is a head case.  He was on the Ravens to end last season. Refused to go in a game they were losing to the Eagles and got cut. I think he was on 3 teams last year. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @jcam222 said:

    Johnson is a head case. 

    Yup, we've got a sign over the building now, head cases and circus acts welcome this year.  Wonder what OBJ and HIS Dad are doin'...

  • @jcam222 said:

    Johnson is a head case. 

    Yup, we've got a sign over the building now, head cases and circus acts welcome this year.  Wonder what OBJ and HIS Dad are doin'...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @orion said:

    Yup, we've got a sign over the building now, head cases and circus acts welcome this year.  Wonder what OBJ and HIS Dad are doin'...

    Hot damn I'm giving Johnny a welcome back party.??

  • @orion said:

    Yup, we've got a sign over the building now, head cases and circus acts welcome this year.  Wonder what OBJ and HIS Dad are doin'...

    Hot damn I'm giving Johnny a welcome back party.??

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hot damn I'm giving Johnny a welcome back party.??

    Well then, don't forget Flash Gordon.  He's always game for a party.  

  • This is an odd signing. Sure, he has skills but it seems his attitude stinks. That's why Tomlin got rid of him.

    Time will tell I suppose.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @bob806 said:

    This is an odd signing. Sure, he has skills but it seems his attitude stinks. That's why Tomlin got rid of him.

    Time will tell I suppose.

    I agree, we'll see.

    I am not against the signing.  He does have talent.  He just needs to make an attitude adjustment.  Sometimes guys can do that, sometimes not.

  • @bob806 said:

    This is an odd signing. Sure, he has skills but it seems his attitude stinks. That's why Tomlin got rid of him.

    Time will tell I suppose.

    I agree, we'll see.

    I am not against the signing.  He does have talent.  He just needs to make an attitude adjustment.  Sometimes guys can do that, sometimes not.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree, we'll see.

    I am not against the signing.  He does have talent.  He just needs to make an attitude adjustment.  Sometimes guys can do that, sometimes not.

    Works the same as it does for Sanders. If he's a good player, gives his all during camp & preseason and changes into a real team player, then keep him. Fail at any of it, then cut him or trade him for whatever you can get.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #12

    He also blamed Pickett for losing games...  I'm just dying to see how this works out...

  • I'm fine with it because it's a one year deal. If he has an attitude we can cut him. If he pans out we have a talented slot receiver. Due to our salary cap situation we have to make some dice rolls and this is one. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    I'm fine with it because it's a one year deal. If he has an attitude we can cut him. If he pans out we have a talented slot receiver. Due to our salary cap situation we have to make some dice rolls and this is one. 

    Alright Bernie - I'm good with that!